Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos (60965 Views)

Train Crushes Army Sergeant Jidean Samson On Motorcycle In Lagos / Train Crushes Truck, Tricycle In Kano. Many Feared Dead / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Biglogo(m): 9:16am On Mar 09, 2023
How is this possible, is the driver deaf and dumb
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Ameduedwin: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2023
Are They still claiming ownership of the roads on the train tracks?

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by fola2222: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2023
Train do blow on from long distance and is very glaring, so hiw come the brt driver didnt hear
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by alhajiabdulbuha: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2023
A prophet Dr. Yusuf saw a Nigeria in great sorrow and destruction masterminded by Buhari plus Top ISIS and Afghanistan sponsors and Headsmen killing southerners in large numbers. Which he said is the mandate given to Tinubu and SHETIMA and El-rufia. The prophet warned that Tinubu presidential ambition should be avoided and aborted at all cost that it will to destruction of Nigeria and Nigerians. He gave the warning the this is the plan of Buhari from the unset but has been difficult considering the Christian political stronghold in Aso rock and within the Political environment. He restated even if Tinubu is to be president, that their plan is to kill Tinubu with poison and Shetima will be sweared in As president to perform full scale Jihad in Nigeria sponsoring high scale Terrorist activities in the whole world with the resources of the country While its citizens suffer in Abject poverty and neglect. Please spread the prophesy fast to save Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by AmazingELixir: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2023
lipsrsealed

Hmmmm! Always feared this possibility in that particular crossing due to the persistent traffic on the Abeokuta expressway axis caused by those yellow bus transporters another area of worry is the Fagba rail crossing the madness there is on a different level. The saving grace is the Lastma and traffic wardens that man that location, yet some drivers in their usual ways want to be faster than their shadows

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by BarrElChapo(m): 9:18am On Mar 09, 2023
Did the train derail ? I’m confused as to how this could happen?
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by kenchop: 9:19am On Mar 09, 2023
THE MASSES ARE THERE SHOUTING OMO IGBO & OMO YORUBA , DISCRIMINATING AMONGST THEMSELVES WHILE THE ELITE/RULING CLASS USE THEM FOR SACRIFICES ON A DAILY.
POOR AND STUPID FOLKS.....

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by kingmsookwagh(m): 9:20am On Mar 09, 2023
That BRT bus has got no business on that spot at all. What was the driver thinking?

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Legal001: 9:21am On Mar 09, 2023
God save us from calamity cry
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by BabaO2: 9:22am On Mar 09, 2023
Those BRT drivers are so irresponsible.
They drive it as if it is danfo without cautions at busstops, at speed breakers , intention to scratch private vehicles in traffic jam.
LAGOS state should be sincere to recruit responsible well trained drivers, it is not difficult .

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Babyboyforeal(m): 9:22am On Mar 09, 2023
Asquare84:
This is why it good to have a good pastor that will prophesis on our life to avoid this calamity.
religion don finished ur Brian

3 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by emperorlaqrin: 9:23am On Mar 09, 2023
This was my daily route when going to work at my previous route and I can say categorically that this is one of the problem most Lagos state government officials as.

Lack of patience, Abuse of power, in adherence to rules are just the order of the day of most of this people.

Let me analyze the only thing that would have cause this accident. Where that accident happened is a bus stop called PWD and buses coming from Oshodi access GRA, Old secretariat road.

There re usually a train guide stationed at that place at all times that controls and stop vehicles anytime that a train is about to pass.

First the only BRT that goes through that road is Local Government official staff bus which means the driver refused to listen to the train guide and also it is worthy to note that the road which the train line passes through is kinda hilly hence the driver would have no choice than to slow down and remember the train is coming in high speed.

This was an accident that could have been averted if the driver had waited patiently for the train to pass

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by jaxxy(m): 9:25am On Mar 09, 2023
How did this possibly happen?
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by missidy: 9:25am On Mar 09, 2023
I passed by this accident on my way to work, a very horrible sight to behold. Where was the security man that was supposed to lock the rails when a train is coming? One person's negligence has led to loss of lives. Nigeria is just a zoo. The only country where train and cars will be sharing road.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by imoh4king(m): 9:26am On Mar 09, 2023
incandescentena:

Imoh the pauper, you have been used by your paymasters and you will remain poor

THE FOOL STILL HAS SOMETHING TO TELL US..
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by emperorlaqrin: 9:27am On Mar 09, 2023
BarrElChapo:
Did the train derail ? I’m confused as to how this could happen?

The train cannot derail at that place. Na the driver no wait

I don’t have first hand information but I know the road very well and am sure that’s what would have happened

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Eriokanmi: 9:27am On Mar 09, 2023
juman:
The driver was insane?
Why blame only the driver. Are there no workers employed to man
those train intersection, to flag down or halt vehicular movement as train approaches? Overseas, traffic light does this job for man. Why hasn't lagos state government installed them there? Must they only be concerned about how much they can make from lagosians? Their lives don't matter to these people, just to collect money. That's what we've been talking about. We don't have a givernment who cares yet, na only noise Mr governor sabi make.

The akere market that was set ablaze, the same government was alerted when those boys said they were going to come. The police was also alerted 2 times yet, they didn't do anything, because they don't care. Let it be something that makes money for them, you'd see them manning armoured tank, calling military to invade and kill people at sight , just the way it happened in lekki at the toll gate in oct 2020. We're wiser now. We need a governor who truly cares.

5 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by emperorlaqrin: 9:30am On Mar 09, 2023
missidy:
I passed by this accident on my way to work, a very horrible sight to behold. Where was the security man that was supposed to lock the rails when a train is coming? One person's negligence has led to loss of lives. Nigeria is just a zoo. The only country where train and cars will be sharing road.

Infact that’s what I just stated but since I have been working inside GRA before I left. Those train guide are always at that place and there has never been a time a train will pass which I witness that I don’t see them there so my only guess is that the driver of the BRT bus no wait ni. He probably did not listen to those guys and wants to quickly pass and remember that place is kinda hilly for vehicles and it slows vehicle down

3 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by FireUpNow(m): 9:30am On Mar 09, 2023
SmartPolician:
How can a train collide with a bus? Truly, there are so many sick people in this country.

In fact, Lagos State has a lot of mad people, but those people don't even know they are mad.
The entire Nigeria ruling elites are all insane
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Blaze232(m): 9:30am On Mar 09, 2023
APC failed government

Awon BAT STARD
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Chekwume16(m): 9:30am On Mar 09, 2023
It is not a head on collision. There is road crossing there. The bus was trying to cross the rail way line and did not see the train coming or probably got stuck there
SmartPolician:
How can a train collide with a bus? Truly, there are so many sick people in this country.

In fact, Lagos State has a lot of mad people, but those people don't even know they are mad.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Emeka71(m): 9:31am On Mar 09, 2023
SmartPolician:

Sanwo-Olu is in trouble.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by loswhite(m): 9:31am On Mar 09, 2023
Asquare84:
This is why it good to have a good pastor that will prophesis on our life to avoid this calamity.
Is this not madness.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by aikyg(m): 9:31am On Mar 09, 2023
Bus driver must be charged to court.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by harmargedon: 9:32am On Mar 09, 2023
Asquare84:
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by CaptainFM1: 9:33am On Mar 09, 2023
May their souls rest in peace.

Impunity everywhere. Are we going to say Government officials don't know they have to keep clear of rail corridor?
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by ComeToJesus: 9:34am On Mar 09, 2023
That Ikeja railway crossing has always been a risk. No safety procedures is evident there. Traders trade on the railway line and Ikeja LG rakes in revenue from these unsafe spots.

To what extent is the use of the Lagos State Safety Commission if they cannot carry out risk assessments of hazardous points like these in Lagos and mitigate the risk by putting up control measures.

Las las, government no dey do anything. The society just rolls on its own.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Emeka71(m): 9:35am On Mar 09, 2023
missidy:
He must have absconded.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by BarrElChapo(m): 9:36am On Mar 09, 2023
emperorlaqrin:

The train cannot derail at that place. Na the driver no wait

I don’t have first hand information but I know the road very well and am sure that’s what would have happened

Kai this is too bad oo. Hmmm
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:36am On Mar 09, 2023
Kennyfancy:
Tinubu never enter, So many Sad News already, GOD who ever bring in this evil should partake of this Evil with is family alone
sad news wey dey happen all this while na him cause am olodo. Unfortunate incidents have been happening allover the world abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall / Help! Friends, Family & Former School Mates From Nig Are Killing Me With Demands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.