Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos (60967 Views)

Train Crushes Army Sergeant Jidean Samson On Motorcycle In Lagos / Train Crushes Truck, Tricycle In Kano. Many Feared Dead / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by dominique(f): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2023
Rebuke:
Hmmmm. Was just coming to post a video about the accident here and I saw a thread already. Still created the thread though.
Here is the video and the surprising thing about the accident is how the bus got to be dragged away from its lane despite the barricade....

https://www.nairaland.com/7603292/train-crashes-into-lagos-state#121596321

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZrezf_9_aY

I really don't know how the accident lead to this, I mean getting trapped under a heavy stone or whatever like this is unimaginable.

I pray and hope whoever is that will survive it.

How did that person managed to get trapped beneath that boulder? How come? The the train displace the boulder and went on to land on him. That thing can't weigh anything less than 500kg, i doubt if anybody can survive it's crushing weight sad

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Originalsly: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

No, it's the normal route for both of them (train heading towards or away from Ikeja Along, and Bus heading to secretariat)

Buses and cars are supposed to stop at the intersection anytime a train is approaching. There is an official there who tries to ensure that, however, some buses and cars try to "quickly" cross before the train gets to that intersection (I've seen danfos do that a lot)

I believe that was what the bus wanted to do but somehow, it couldnt get through fast enough

Ok ... but from the pix .... he has really poor judgement.... half of the bus hadn't even crossed the tracks.... or maybe the bus stalled when he tried to floor it. Risking his life is one thing ... but a busload of others? Too many people.just don't are again.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Heavensent01(m): 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
Cutehector:
awwww. Another avid ĂĽrchin

everyone know you igbooo are insensitive to the plight of human that's why they tamed you people at the election
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Dearlord(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
All of them are mad

The Driver , the educated and uneducated once in that bus are mad
How can you sit down and watch an idiot put you to deaths đź’€?
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by FemiEmkaMusaFEM(m): 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2023
I was there the mumu driver was rushing to beat the traffic light. And someone there was boldly saying since the BRT buses belongs to Tinubu family that they can beat the traffic light as they want cos they are in power as president
Deltafirstson:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/breaking-train-crushes-brt-bus-in-lagos/
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by emperorlaqrin: 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
Midehi3:

Just what my friend explained to me now, exactly same thing he said, just imagine killing some innocent people this morning, and the worst part is, the passengers might be telling him to stop o, brt drivers are mostly agberos undecided

Abi o
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by emperorlaqrin: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
FemiEmkaMusaFEM:
I was there the mumu driver was rushing to beat the traffic light. And someone there was boldly saying since the BRT buses belongs to Tinubu family that they can beat the traffic light as they want cos they are in power as president

You can see what I am talking about. I was not at that place when the incident happened but i knew na the only thing wey fit happen for that place be that.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by emperorlaqrin: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
Originalsly:

Ok ... but from the pix .... he has really poor judgement.... half of the bus hadn't even crossed the tracks.... or maybe the bus stalled when he tried to floor it. Risking his life is one thing ... but a busload of others? Too many people.just don't are again.

The driver is just being stupid ni. I drive through that place and there is no way one can rush driving through that intersection and remember this a brt not even a car that is small

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by missidy: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
Then the driver is mad. All the people in the bus can't shout on him to wait? Anytime I enter any public transport that the driver is speeding or no gree hear word, I tell them to stop and I come down. Let the money go, my life is more important.
emperorlaqrin:

Infact that’s what I just stated but since I have been working inside GRA before I left. Those train guide are always at that place and there has never been a time a train will pass which I witness that I don’t see them there so my only guess is that the driver of the BRT bus no wait ni. He probably did not listen to those guys and wants to quickly pass and remember that place is kinda hilly for vehicles and it slows vehicle down
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by missidy: 1:53pm On Mar 09, 2023
He will never have peace in his life because people's blood are on his head.
Emeka71:
He must have absconded.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by emperorlaqrin: 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
missidy:
Then the driver is mad. All the people in the bus can't shout on him to wait? Anytime I enter any public transport that the driver is speeding or no gree hear word, I tell them to stop and I come down. Let the money go, my life is more important.

They are all government staffs lol although I am sure some sensible ones go still dey shout for the man but stupidity won’t make him listen

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by famology(m): 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
Do they share same route? I nor understand
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by missidy: 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
May God help those that survives especially as they are receiving treatment outside the hospital premises under hot sun.
emperorlaqrin:

They are all government staffs lol although I am sure some sensible ones go still dey shout for the man but stupidity won’t make him listen
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Bluffly: 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
SmartPolician:
How can a train collide with a bus? Truly, there are so many sick people in this country.

In fact, Lagos State has a lot of mad people, but those people don't even know they are mad.
They are not mad but simply undeveloped. A lot of people are underdeveloped and unenlightened which has greatly nurtured stupidity and foolishness in them
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Caveatemptor(m): 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2023
Ikea81:
The road is so bad at the crossing, all those gravel Sanwo poured there , keeps sinking vehicles...road no gree complete for four years. Smh..the bus must have been stucked trying to cross and the train no get break. Unavoidable loss of lives....Nigeria keeps happening to people on a daily.

All the rail crossings in Lagos are death traps and accidents waiting to happen.
There are crossings where roads intersect railways tracks at (1)Ikeja along,(2) Pen Cinema. (3)Mushin Olosha and (4) Ebute Metta Oyingbo.
All these junctions had barriers in the 1970s and 1980 to serve as stoppers of vehicles whenever a train was passing,but they fell in to disrepair and the successive governments have refused to replace them,rather they chose to employ old and aged men and armed them with red flags to wave down and stop vehicles when trains are approaching.
Secondly the roads at these rail crossings are extremely bad with deep pot holes and even craters such that cars usually get stuck in the deep pot holes and an easy target for an incoming train.
The simple solution is for the government to erect iron barriers to totally close off the road once a train is approaching as well as installing automatic Street lights and sirens.
Government should be proactive and not reactive!

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by pacificom: 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2023
Most of the BRT drivers are not discipline and found of abusing the company services like playing music so loud, and overspending. One was caught few days ago about 8:15pm by a senior BRT official taking one way in front of Jendor supermarket at U-turn, Abule egba . This are the attitude that causes serious accident and bad reputation of Lagos BRT transport services.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by RosyIsBlessed: 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2023
How a bad decision of someone can cost people's lives. angry He wanted to just cross fast fast despite the oncoming train. See what impatience and bad decision has caused. Indeed a sad one. Everyone should be careful on the decisions they make in this life.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by 9jaRealist: 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
SmartPolician:
How can a train collide with a bus? Truly, there are so many sick people in this country.

In fact, Lagos State has a lot of mad people, but those people don't even know they are mad.

Dude, it’s TRAGIC but is not unique to Lagos (or to Nigeria)…
Sadly, it happens almost EVERYWHERE more times than it should.

RIP to the dead… cry
And SPEEDY RECOVERY to the injured!
>

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by BarrElChapo(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2023
Angelfrost:

Nah... The train didn't derail. It was on its right track.

It's the bus that had no business there.

This is the lawlessness we keep talking about in Lagos... It's too much.

Too bad. And we don’t have any insurance schemes for victims of this is kind of incidents.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by emperorlaqrin: 4:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
E
missidy:
May God help those that survives especially as they are receiving treatment outside the hospital premises under hot sun.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by kachiibx7(m): 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2023
Ceenachi:
BRT re always acting like they own the road... this area they hv some guys tht use to stop cars when ever the train is coming maybe he did not listen to them... they are always rushing
time don reach now for there normal fetish ways to apse there stuffs

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by emmancipated(m): 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
lilrel:

Na which church do the dedication?. Asking for a friend.

Hehe,
No make me laugh abeg, this news is troubling. cry

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Osariemen12: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2023
Rest in peace, the dead.

Lagos is a place of the mad, by the mad, and for the mad.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by EdiskyHarry: 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2023
Asquare84:
This is why it good to have a good pastor that will prophesis on our life to avoid this calamity.
Where do you buy your own weed that is giving you this kind of highness?
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Tycyborg(m): 12:27am On Mar 10, 2023
gassbee:
I dont understand but brt buses dont cross the rail lines na for a very long time now

It's a staff bus... Funny the driver survived the stupid man killed many people. They don't even respect traffic light cos they were owned by government let alone the train track. There are always guys who gives warning with red and white flags when train is coming but I think he want to rush in with the attitude who can arress government bus attitude and it happens
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Tycyborg(m): 12:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Adexgentle005:
This is really outrageous!

Nope...
Pwd shogunle axis entrance to the GRA the bastard driver didn't stop while many cars stopped when they got to the level crossing while the Lagos State Staff Bus driver continued moving.

”Maybe the driver thought he could pass before the train got nearer to him. He could not pass, then the train crushed the bus...2 bodies were seen a woman with no head and a man or maybe young boy
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Tycyborg(m): 4:03am On Mar 10, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Safety in this country is something else. Noisemakers won't learn. The electrified train would record worse casualties in history if care isn't taken. There are people paid to man those train intersection but you'd never see them there yet, they earn salary. They employ people on a man-no-man basis, no merits. No wonder that brt driver turned human flesh hunter. I doubt if the case involving the brt driver who killed that innocent girl hasn't been halted.

We live in a state where monetary gains are rated above human life. Even inside the brt buses, there's no single AED there in case someone collapses. This is worrisome

Don't say what you don't know... You weren't there when it happened... Every other vehicle stopped for the train and the guy was waving the red and white flag but the brt due to its civil servant staff bus want to pass cos no one can arresst him... By him trying to beat the train, the train beat him... So why are you suggesting what you don't know? The driver killed the people... Before I left there 2 bodies a woman without head and a male dead and I don't know how many that will be now
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Tycyborg(m): 4:12am On Mar 10, 2023
emperorlaqrin:

The train cannot derail at that place. Na the driver no wait

I don’t have first hand information but I know the road very well and am sure that’s what would have happened

Yes the the driver didn't wait despite the guy waving the red white flag, other vehicle stopped but he didn't... He want to be faster than the train but the train got to him... Even people were shouting but it was too late and I knew he heard and saw the train coming... Maybe village people picked his calls who knows? One brutal death among them is a woman with no head... 2 dead bodies before I left the place.. maybe more by now cos there were lot of blood
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Emeka71(m): 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
missidy:
He will never have peace in his life because people's blood are on his head.
But though he didn't do that intentionally.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall / Help! Friends, Family & Former School Mates From Nig Are Killing Me With Demands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.