Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos (60939 Views)

Train Crushes Army Sergeant Jidean Samson On Motorcycle In Lagos / Train Crushes Truck, Tricycle In Kano. Many Feared Dead / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by lilrel(m): 9:37am On Mar 09, 2023
emmancipated:
Even with the dedicated brt lane?

Na which church do the dedication?. Asking for a friend.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Millimann: 9:38am On Mar 09, 2023
Is that the Lagos train they always talk about on the internet?

That scrap.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Emeka71(m): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2023
missidy:
I passed by this accident on my way to work, a very horrible sight to behold. Where was the security man that was supposed to lock the rails when a train is coming? One person's negligence has led to loss of lives. Nigeria is just a zoo. The only country where train and cars will be sharing road.
So correct.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Omoapena(m): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2023
Those BRT drivers drives as if they own the road, you will just see them switch lane without checking whether there's a car beside them...

See what their stupidity have caused to others.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by DryMouth: 9:42am On Mar 09, 2023
ANON333:
People are crazy. Was the driver on meth? Abeg somebody explain how this thing could happen.
As in ehn...
Train that has the loudest of horns...

How could the bus driver not see the train or hear its honking? That driver should be investigated
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Akharmony: 9:44am On Mar 09, 2023
Lawlessness will cause alot of evil. . That is why lagocians need ot vote for a right leader .
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Rebuke: 9:45am On Mar 09, 2023
Hmmmm. Was just coming to post a video about the accident here and I saw a thread already. Still created the thread though.
Here is the video and the surprising thing about the accident is how the bus got to be dragged away from its lane despite the barricade....

https://www.nairaland.com/7603292/train-crashes-into-lagos-state#121596321

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZrezf_9_aY

I really don't know how the accident lead to this, I mean getting trapped under a heavy stone or whatever like this is unimaginable.

I pray and hope whoever is that will survive it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by TOYNEX(f): 9:45am On Mar 09, 2023
Evil men and sacrifices!
May God have mercy on Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 09, 2023
Millimann:
Is that the Lagos train they always talk about on the internet?

That scrap.
No , thats FG own, old one. They still use them to carry the common people living in a low cost area of mainland and those coming from ogun state. They are cheaper than the one brought by jonathan, that still works along that axis. They are the only one standing (i think they are 2 or 3 like that if my memory is right) among those old sets of trains that has tested many governments. Say train version of lagos molue. Always on high speed and over crowded like those indian one. Lagos own has not started on that route. I think the rail sections are still under construction. Its unfortunate situation.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2023
incandescentena:
angry

God have mercy
Na their POLITICAL AMBITION trademark be dis. SORROW, TEARS AND BLOOD!!

This is a handing work of a particular political party in Southwest. We all know how they use innocent human blood in paving ways for their political life-long desperate ambition.

You have to have more than a single head to survive these wicked politicians wickedness in Lagos

You are very stupid for this statement

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by EducasionMe(m): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2023
Is train not get break like motor dat has a break?
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Omenlon: 9:49am On Mar 09, 2023
This is Lagos State staff bus not commercial BRT bus. The driver is simply mad because of impatience. Crossing that place is little bit difficult.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by spencekat(m): 9:51am On Mar 09, 2023
Asquare84:
This is why it good to have a good pastor that will prophesis on our life to avoid this calamity.
Also learn how to be praying for yourself.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Omenlon: 9:53am On Mar 09, 2023
Omoapena:
Those BRT drivers drives as if they own the road, you will just see them switch lane without checking whether there's a car beside them...

See what their stupidity have caused to others.
point of correction, no BRT crosses that route. That's Lagos State staff bus.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by ubox: 9:55am On Mar 09, 2023
Kennyfancy:
Tinubu never enter, So many Sad News already, GOD who ever bring in this evil should partake of this Evil with is family alone
What are you even saying, so negligence now, na Tinubu cause am?
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Omoapena(m): 9:59am On Mar 09, 2023
Omenlon:
point of correction, no BRT crosses that route. That's Lagos State staff bus.

Oga

I know it's staff bus, I'm only generalizing how those BRT bus drives as if they own Lagos road...

I'm pretty sure the driver must have been stopped by the train track controller but he neglected the stop sign all because he drives government bus which most of them do all the time...
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:59am On Mar 09, 2023
What was a bus doing on a rail way? The driver has successfully killed the innocent commuters.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by nedu2000(m): 10:00am On Mar 09, 2023
Lagos state bus drivers are reputed to be the most reckless
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by LordEclipse: 10:00am On Mar 09, 2023
Deltafirstson:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/breaking-train-crushes-brt-bus-in-lagos/

Some accidents are just avoidable..didn't the driver of the bus hear the train coming,or was the train on 'Silent mode'.. what was a bus doing on rail lines in the first place??
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Lovelyn451(f): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2023
So bus leave road enter Bush go railway....hmmm
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by SavageResponse(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2023
What was the train doing on the rail tracks?
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by CaptainFM1: 10:04am On Mar 09, 2023
Ceenachi:
BRT re always acting like they own the road... this area they hv some guys tht use to stop cars when ever the train is coming maybe he did not listen to them... they are always rushing

Ideally, any road intersecting rail corridors should be blocked. Lagos state govt should know this now. As soon as the Ikeja bridge is ready, heavy and massive barricade should be placed on ALL rail intersection in that axis. Vehicles should move round to connect to either side. I know some stubborn people would still prefer to take the short cut that could cut short their lives.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Sammy5413(m): 10:06am On Mar 09, 2023
Are you sure you understood the write-up?
SmartPolician:
How can a train collide with a bus? Truly, there are so many sick people in this country.

In fact, Lagos State has a lot of mad people, but those people don't even know they are mad.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by madridguy(m): 10:11am On Mar 09, 2023
May God rest the departed souls, comfort their loved ones and grant the injured ones speedy recovery.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by madridguy(m): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2023
If you used to pass the area you will know better. The bus is Lagos state staff bus trying to get into Ikeja.

Lovelyn451:
So bus leave road enter Bush go railway....hmmm
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by dalass(f): 10:15am On Mar 09, 2023
incandescentena:
angry

God have mercy
Na their POLITICAL AMBITION trademark be dis. SORROW, TEARS AND BLOOD!!

This is a handing work of a particular political party in Southwest. We all know how they use innocent human blood in paving ways for their political life-long desperate ambition.

You have to have more than a single head to survive these wicked politicians wickedness in Lagos

Please shut up if you must politicize a drivers stupid decision to cross the path of a moving train instead of waiting for a few minutes.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by dalass(f): 10:16am On Mar 09, 2023
madridguy:
May God rest the departed souls, comfort their loved ones and grant the injured ones speedy recovery.

Amen
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Passionate1(m): 10:16am On Mar 09, 2023
SmartPolician:
How can a train collide with a bus? Truly, there are so many sick people in this country.

In fact, Lagos State has a lot of mad people, but those people don't even know they are mad.
Are u shocked?
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 10:18am On Mar 09, 2023
BarrElChapo:
Did the train derail ? I’m confused as to how this could happen?

Nah... The train didn't derail. It was on its right track.

It's the bus that had no business there.

This is the lawlessness we keep talking about in Lagos... It's too much.

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by lovabledata1: 10:25am On Mar 09, 2023
mightyhaze:
That Harold Shipman with 250 kills doesn't even look likea killer
grin very deceiving face grin there are many people like him....Thanks for watching sha... Please if you like my kind of content, do subscribe, God bless you kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know / Help! Friends, Family & Former School Mates From Nig Are Killing Me With Demands / Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.