Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. (9797 Views)

Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye Driving The Husband Pastor Adeboye In A Throwback Photo / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by pstbolanta: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2011
when i was growing up i used to see those signboard as it was then called with details of various churches but now it has now turned to were husbands and wives in the name of pastor and pastor mrs show to the world how FASHIONABLE they are,while doing this the main informations of salvation that is sopposed to passed will be missing. Go to Ilorin, Lagos and Benin you will see what i mean.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by Demdem(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2011
i dont like seeing these two on the billboards. Spread the message/News and not the messenger abegiii
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by Kx: 10:47am On Sep 15, 2011
It used to be "Receive and believe the message, not the messenger"
Today, the reverse is the case.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by dare2think: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2011
It is a business afterall, the company's image has to be portrayed.

One would have thought the most important image should be that of Christ.

But hey, these individuals have Egos to feed. They build a personality cult around them, such is the nature of human beings. Yet they are called "Men of God", the irony is amazing.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by pstbolanta: 11:35am On Sep 15, 2011
dare2think:

It is a business afterall, the company's image has to be portrayed.

One would have thought the most important image should be that of Christ.

But hey, these individuals have Egos to feed. They build a personality cult around them, such is the nature of human beings. Yet they are called "Men of God", the irony is amazing.
my brother this is not sopposed to be the case.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 15, 2011
Well we still go to their church, No choice!!! Its ur faith that matters. No matter how fake the pastor may be. If you believe, you would definitely receive.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by tEsLim(m): 11:41am On Sep 15, 2011
Those are the brand behind the church. People actually worship these couples. But since its a free world where people can practice any religion nothing you can do about the billboards. I think I may sponsor Ifa worshipers to make attractive adverts in the news papers, tv etc and start aggressive marketing.  I guess the Christians will be provoked because they often preach against other religions especially calling Ifa/ogun followers idol worshipers even when that is what the Catholics literally do smiley Psychos!
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by claremont(m): 11:44am On Sep 15, 2011
It is indeed a very profitable business.

The billboards are meant to ensnare the public into believing that the product is real, when everyone knows that it is completely non-existent.

The day Nigerians stop believing in fairy-tales is the day we will start to develop as a country.

There is a direct correlation between religion and lack of development; the more religious a country is, the more inequality, poverty, lack of development, and crime, is prevalent in such a society. Good luck to them! cool
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by ksam(m): 11:51am On Sep 15, 2011
One reason among reasons why catholic church remain the best in the world.

1 Like

Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 15, 2011
Very sad that this world is filled with evil.
Men of God turned thieves, No all though and i have no reason to judge but
I know 3 pastors who are ready to tell you when and how you were born, and even tell you what you ate this morning.
at the end of the day, be prepared to lose your hard earned cash.

A close relative lost close to 600,000 naira to one MFM acclaimed pastor like that. All in the name of "we have to feed the less privilege so that road will open."
Though we later learnt he uses fetish means to also get you to do his bid. If you start a discussion with me now and you by mistake utter "God said, "  i will get you arrested.

If you put up a billboard that sells you rather than your ministry, you should be asking for forgiveness.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by dorox(m): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2011
Ijogz K:

Well we still go to their church,  No choice!!! Its your faith that matters. No matter how fake the pastor may be. If you believe, you would definitely receive.  
If you know that the pastor is fake then you should have no business with him/her, as the bible puts it "can light have anything in common with darkness? Don't you know that continued support for your fake church is helping to propagate false christianity from the devil?
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by cold(m): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2011
Religion in Nigeria has gone to the dogs

1 Like

Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by Vickivicki(m): 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2011
webdezzi:

Very sad that this world is filled with evil.
Men of God turned thieves, No all though and i have no reason to judge but
I know 3 pastors who are ready to tell you when and how you were born, and even tell you what you ate this morning.
at the end of the day, be prepared to lose your hard earned cash.

A close relative lost close to 600,000 naira to one MFM acclaimed pastor like that. All in the name of "we have to feed the less privilege so that road will open."
Though we later learnt he uses fetish means to also get you to do his bid. If you start a discussion with me now and you by mistake utter "God said, "  i will get you arrested.

If you put up a billboard that sells you rather than your ministry, you should be asking for forgiveness.

Ijogz K:

Well we still go to their church,  No choice!!! Its your faith that matters. No matter how fake the pastor may be. If you believe, you would definitely receive.  

WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by bisiaet: 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2011
As a christain am short of word at this trend of Pastor and Pastor Mrs of a thing am so short of word. I dont know what to call it or how to describe it.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by chuckdee4(m): 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
This is clearly a business brand, had this smae argument with a friend of mine last week, there is too much emphasis placed on these so-called men of God.
Whe you here some people talk about their churches these days it is usually "My pastor said this", "My pastor said that", "My pastor blah blah blah", what ever happened to GOD the only reason why we all go to church.

These so-called men of God are turning the stage lights upon themselves.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by didoflex(m): 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2011
To create a business brand you have to position yourself properly.

The Pastor & Pastor Mrs thing is to signify man and wife, stability, piousness in the eyes of God, one man one wife, family, man shall leave his father and take a wife etc, etc, etc. Soon they will add a couple of kids, take a bet on it, it will soon happen.

Its Just Branding For The Success Of A Business Period!
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by saints2(f): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2011
pstbolanta:

when i was growing up i used to see those signboard as it was then called with details of various churches but now it has now turned to were husbands and wives in the name of pastor and pastor mrs show to the world how FASHIONABLE they are,while doing this the main informations of salvation that is sopposed to passed will be missing. Go to Ilorin, Lagos and Benin you will see what i mean.

Ilorin is even worst, I schooled there so I know what am saying nearly 89% churches do this stuffs, we even tagged them Me and My wife Ministries, I think they really need to get enlighten and jazzed up like their counterparts in Lagos and Abuja are doing.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by POTUT(m): 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2011
I have pondered this too. Everywhere a new branch/outlet opens up, a billboard/signpost/advert board springs up with nothing else but the image of the man who founded the church.

On the other hand, it is improper to cook up an image of Christ on big bill boards because nobody actually knows for sure what he looked like, and we are warned not to be idolaters. Using the latest means of advert available, shouldn't we rather consider using catchy/legible/succint biblical verses on these billboards, instead of consciously/unconsciously building a loyalty cult around individuals. When these individuals eventually pass on, what will be the next image on those billboards?
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by HISchild: 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." - 2 Peter 2:1-3

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" - 1 Peter 4:17
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by pawa4ul: 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2011
pstbolanta:

It means you have not visited Port Harcourt. In a street of 10 buildings, 4-6 of them are churches. No matter how much of a mushroom gathering they have, all we hear is that they have a 'CALLING.' These signboard pictures are well taken in a photographic studio to showcase like you said, the level of fashion of the pastor/pastor mrs.
I TIRE OH. I wonder if we are going to seek the face of God or those advertised on the sign-board,
GOD SAVE US

1 Like

Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by Tonyfrom: 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2011
We have a Problem in this country, we try to IMITIATE FORIEGN  PASTORS and Ministries there is nothing Wrong in coping what is GOOD.
At times you must ANNOUNCE yourself and also let the HOLY GHOST Power it also (Jesus in his early Ministry ANNOUNCE himself I AM the WAY
THE TRUTH and THE LIFE) so he did Publicity of Himself with SIGNS and WONDERS BACKING it UP and the result  he had LARGE CROWD following HIM.
     THAT ANNOUNCEMENT that Jesus did then is what we see as Churches do via (Media)TV/Radio/Flier/Billboard Publicity and to be Sincerely with you if they did
not do that a lot of people will die in SILENCE, you will never discover that THIS pastor is carrying what can take me to the next LEVEL or Solve my Problem.
Different Ministries are on Different Assignment (CHURCH is a SPIRITUAL HOSPITAL) .
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by pawa4ul: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2011
claremont:

The day Nigerians stop believing in fairy-tales is the day we will start to develop as a country.

There is a direct correlation between religion and lack of development; the more religious a country is, the more inequality, poverty, lack of development, and crime, is prevalent in such a society. Good luck to them! cool

I BELIEVE YOU BIG TIME BRO.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
PASTORS who claim to have a CALLING, yet God never even flash them.
WIVES who will stand by their pastors because of the 'spiritual' elevation - Mommy, Mama
CONGREGATIONS who will follow the sheep and not the SHEPHERD
BILL BOARDS spoonsored by the CONGREGATION

BUT AS LONG AS THE MAJORITY ARE FOOLISH, THE FOOLISH WILL be called WISE
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by Beline(f): 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2011
tEsLim:

Those are the brand behind the church. People actually worship these couples. But since its a free world where people can practice any religion nothing you can do about the billboards. I think I may sponsor Ifa worshipers to make attractive adverts in the news papers, tv etc and start aggressive marketing.  I guess the Christians will be provoked because they often preach against other religions especially calling Ifa/ogun followers idol worshipers even when that is what the Catholics literally do smiley Psychos!

I am so amaze at the rate where some people cannot keep to the topic of discussion and stop exposing their ignorant, how are Catholics idols worshipers? can you explain?
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by onyekapray: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
This is a go topic for discourse but I beg to ask these pastors to tell me if they are the Jesus that will perform the miracles. It is now a common place even as observed in the sign board of a popular church where the image of the Bishop is practically inscribed. It is a travesty and needs to be addressed in the body of Christ!
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by mallorca(m): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2011
i hate it too
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by MMM2(m): 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
it is now business
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by Egbagirl(f): 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2011
POTUT:

I have pondered this too. Everywhere a new branch/outlet opens up, a billboard/signpost/advert board springs up with nothing else but the image of the man who founded the church.

On the other hand, it is improper to cook up an image of Christ on big bill boards because nobody actually knows for sure what he looked like, and we are warned not to be idolaters. Using the latest means of advert available, shouldn't we rather consider using catchy/legible/succint biblical verses on these billboards, instead of consciously/unconsciously building a loyalty cult around individuals. When these individuals eventually pass on, what will be the next image on those billboards?

very much agree with this post. Id rather see them spread the word through actual words than put up pictures. its really sickening.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by Roland17(m): 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2011
Rather than perceive humans as redeemable souls, pastors and their wives see every human in Nigeria as a potential Naira donor, thus they have perfected marketing strategies to win Gullible people all in the name of Jesus Christ.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by lonamy: 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
Pastor Bolanta thanks for this post.

@@Ijogz K , be very careful of what you receive.
There some pastors that places their hands on you to wipe away your destiny. If you know that your pastor is fake, you had better leave the church for the sake of your soul.

The fact that you receive something does not mean you are receiving blessing, you might be receiving demons in legions.

Have a GREAT day.
Re: Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. by apoti(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
musKeeto:

PASTORS who claim to have a CALLING, yet God never even flash them.
WIVES who will stand by their pastors because of the 'spiritual' elevation - Mommy, Mama
CONGREGATIONS who will follow the sheep and not the SHEPHERD
BILL BOARDS spoonsored by the CONGREGATION

Another reason why I respect Pastor Bakare, he said God only called him and not his wife.
his wife is simply addressed as Mrs Bakare and not mummy, mama, or Pastor Mrs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Expose About Israel And Palestine - What You Need To Know Before Taking Sides / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.