Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,399 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence (6599 Views)

Keep Quiet! Ex-Militants Tell Edwin Clark / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / I Have Left PDP – Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by nduchucks: 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2012
Recently, a leader of the Arewa Elders Forum, Prof. Ango Abdulahi, said the North was prepared to go alone if the nation breaks up, adding that the North would not, however, champion the disintegration of the country.

Most NL bigots ignored the bolded text in Abdulahi’s statement and, in an exercise of intellectual dishonesty, inferred that Abdulahi’s statement meant the North was calling for the disintegration of Nigeria.

The only group who may appear to be championing the disintegration of Nigeria by their actions, is the faction of the PDP led by Edwin Clark and poised to take control of the PDP BOT after Obasanjo’s resignation. This same group has GEJ’s ears and have discouraged GEJ from dealing a death blow on Boko Haram, when the opportunity existed, and allowed BH to become a major menace and threat to the country.

Last year, the mentioned Arewa Elders Forum leader, Prof. Ango Abdulahi responded to the question:

What is your opinion on Edwin Clark and others who have been clamoring for Jonathan to vie in 2011?

This is why I wrote him a letter to remind him. I wrote him a letter personally on why he should tread with caution. We visited Warri a number of times. We had several meetings with the South-South people–mainly Ijaws–in Abuja, and that is how[b] we agreed that they will support a northern presidential aspiration. But they will also want a South-southerner to be the vice-president, specifically, in the words of Edwin Clark, an ‘Ijaw man’. There are several tribes in South-South but he insisted on an Ijaw man. It worked out in the end. [/b]I Hope Clark will remember all these. He is not guiding Jonathan along the path of this agreement or understanding that it would get to them, after the North would have run its eight years. And if things work out the way we plan, the South-South will take its turn in 2015. And by that time it is the vice-president from that zone that will perhaps, depending on how he performs, emerge as the president. That was our agreement. But now, they want to disown that agreement and still want the North to support Jonathan to continue as president. Something must be wrong with the way they think.

Edwin Clark and his group along with GEJ, broke this agreement, causing reactions which include violent Boko Haram activities. When the violence started, the same group advised GEJ not to decisively deal with BH, and the result is that they created the Boko Haram monster of today.

Edwin clark and his group had the opportunity to support Soludo and other more qualified South Easterners for VP , but instead, insisted on an Ijaw, thus GEJ became the vice president. Soludo or some other Igbo man could have become Yar’Adua’s VP and the President of Nigeria after Yar’Adua’s death.

This same Edwin Clark is poised to take over control of the PDP machine and is once again encouraging GEJ to break his promise of running for only a single term.

I ask, what have the Igbos benefited from GEJ’s presidency so far besides being used? I caution posters, particularly those of Igbo extraction to answer the question with the understanding the question was asked without any ulterior motive.

On another note, I believe that a peaceful disintegration of Nigeria is impossible and Clark and his group should be very careful. It only takes 5 air strikes on key facilities in PH and Warri, 4 air strikes on the seaports, without any ground troops to render all of Southern Nigeria completely economically unstable and set back 60 years. Clark and his group should take note of where the Nigerian Airforce bases and our Jet fighters are located, while noting who the proven pilots of these planes are. A word is enough for the wise.

I fully expect bigots to ignore Clark and focus on my comments on air strikes, but I’m sure some reasonable folks will do otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Ndata(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2012
Poster you are living in a fool's paradise.You are talking about air strikes,may i ask you who the commander in chief of the armed forces is?And who will authorize such strikes?Except you are referring to a war situation but if not the Northern pilots can not just hop on fighter jets and go on a bombing spree.It doesnt work like that.;
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Afam4eva(m): 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2012
It's no news that Edwin Clarke is an Igbo hater. Even if he wanted a south-south president, why must it be an Ijaw man? Why not an Ikwerre, Asaba, Ibibio, or edo man?

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Brixtonyute(m): 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2012
I smell divide and conquer from the northerners. Silly post, and bigoted poster.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by nduchucks: 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2012
Ndata: Poster you are living in a fool's paradise.You are talking about air strikes,may i ask you who the commander in chief of the armed forces is?And who will authorize such strikes?Except you are referring to a war situation but if not the Northern pilots can not just hop on fighter jets and go on a bombing spree.It doesnt work like that.;

You missed the point, such air strikes could not take place when there is peace, olodo.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by nduchucks: 3:41pm On Apr 22, 2012
Brixtonyute: I smell divide and conquer from the northerners. Silly post, and bigoted poster.

This is the classic response from brainless people who think a single NL poster can divide a whole region. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Willywilly9: 3:42pm On Apr 22, 2012
Look at Idiioots threating the land that is feeding them, wonders shall never end.
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by nduchucks: 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2012
afam4eva: It's no news that Edwin Clarke is an Igbo hater. Even if he wanted a south-south president, why must it be an Ijaw man? Why not an Ikwerre, Asaba, Ibibio, or edo man?

Edwin Clark and his group will take over PDP BOT soon. Ndigbo must re-examine their strategies.
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Willywilly9: 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2012
Brixtonyute: I smell divide and conquer from the northerners. Silly post, and bigoted poster.
Forget those desert Rats, they are losers
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Rhino5dm: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2012
What do you mean by 5 air strikes on PH and Warri?

Dude, the promise of just one month crude oil production revenue to russia or NATO forces would send torrential rainfall of tom hawk missiles all over the north, incenerating the whole desert back to first centuary BC. Stop thinking silly!

ndu_chucks:

Edwin Clark and his group will take over PDP BOT soon. Ndigbo must re-examine their strategies.

Besides, those facilities you are threatening to attack belongs to US, France, Italy, Germany and Canada. You are welcome!!!
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by FrankC3: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2012
@afam
I expect you to read between the lines. The SS-SE alliance being attacked by northern e-strategists should only suggest to you that it is working and threatens their ambition. We have good reasons to support Jonathan presidency and that reason is not Edwin Clark. Be guided...
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by SamIkenna: 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
Chei! ndu_chuks nwanne, who did this to you? lol.
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 22, 2012
afam4eva: It's no news that Edwin Clarke is an Igbo hater. Even if he wanted a south-south president, why must it be an Ijaw man? Why not an Ikwerre, Asaba, Ibibio, or edo man?

It's not only edwin clark even Isaac boro never wanted ibos to rule ijaws. tongue
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by naijaking1: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2012
@poster
Dan iska!
Why are you playing with our minds again? Ango Abdulahi has been a self appointed champion of the north right from his days at ABU. I must have missed when he appointed you his special N/L interpreter and moderator of his tribalistic thoughts!
Please don't worry about Igbos and rogue elements in the SS like Clark, nature will always take its course when it comes to settling neigbourhood disputes between Igbos vs Ijaws.
Also, what type of intellectual insult is it to say that SS created Boko Haram? So by supporting GEJ, people creat BK? You know you can do better than that.
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by PointB: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2012
Ndi Igbo,
I think we would do well to avoid falling for ndu_chucks bait. The clown asked what we (Igbos) have benefited in an Ijaw man's less than two years reign. Isn't it funny how he conveniently failed to tell us what we have benefited from 38 years regime of the clueless northern rulers. More importantly, what has Nigeria benefited from 38 years rule of the North.

There is a rule which says 'Never go to a doctor in whose hospital flowers are dying or have died.' If the hospital cannot water a plan, don't expect any better.

Core North has retrogressed to the extent that flowers (children) are left to rot away! Nigeria and indeed Igbo will be foolish to let them infect the rest of us with this disease. I'll rather we take our chances with the well meaning 'fisherman' from the creek than with the clueless, terror vendors from desert!
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by doctokwus: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2012
Funny,y wud any reasonable person expect clerk to root for anybody else dan an ijaw,in d original choice of a vp/president frm d south,is he not an ijaw?Where Clark has erred is in not reminding& helping Jonathan to kp to d gentleman agreement he made,under no duress,to stick to one term of 4yrs.I tink it was in his scheme to stick 2 d "one term" dat GEJ immediately mooted d idea of a single 7yr tenure immediately he won,but wen he saw d whirpool of opposition to d idea,him& his sycophants are now distancing themselves frm him ever makin d pledge,unfortunate.
As for d igbos,d present crop of elites& politicians amongts dem are probably d most selfish& greedy dis nation has ever seen;dey wud rather support d devil himself dan selflessly support d ascension of anoda ibo man 2 d presidency
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by nduchucks: 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2012
doctokwus: Funny,y wud any reasonable person expect clerk to root for anybody else dan an ijaw,in d original choice of a vp/president frm d south,is he not an ijaw?Where Clark has erred is in not reminding& helping Jonathan to kp to d gentleman agreement he made,under no duress,to stick to one term of 4yrs.I tink it was in his scheme to stick 2 d "one term" dat GEJ immediately mooted d idea of a single 7yr tenure immediately he won,but wen he saw d whirpool of opposition to d idea,him& his sycophants are now distancing themselves frm him ever makin d pledge,unfortunate.

As for d igbos,d present crop of elites& politicians amongts dem are probably d most selfish& greedy dis nation has ever seen;dey wud rather support d devil himself dan selflessly support d ascension of anoda ibo man 2 d presidency

^^^^ A sensible post devoid of tribalism. The bolded above is the bane of current day Ndigbo. Unfortunately, the electorate prefers to avoid discussions such as the one started in this thread, which could expose these politicians, to avoid being critical of their tribesmen.

I can understand why posters like PointB would prefer to change the subject and Sam_Ikenna, who is usually an epistle writer, would reduce his post to a one-liner - their condition is pitiable and frankly shameful. I venture to guess that the SE governors will rig 99% of the votes for PDP once again.

@Naijaking, I see you are still a Maradonna wannabe. Nwanne m continue dribbling yourself, I said Clark cause escalation of BH violence, not that SS created Boko Haram. You have out done yourself here.
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by naijaking1: 6:04pm On Apr 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

@Naijaking, I see you are still a Maradonna wannabe. Nwanne m continue dribbling yourself, I said Clark cause escalation of BH violence, not that SS created Boko Haram. You have out done yourself here.

This is your own words:

"Edwin Clark and his group along with GEJ, broke this agreement, causing reactions which include violent Boko Haram activities. When the violence started, the same group advised GEJ not to decisively deal with BH, and the result is that they created the Boko Haram monster of today."

Unless, you attended Goverment Comprehensive Night school way dey for Mammy market besides the mama-put place by the army barrack, there is no way you can misunderstand the above to mean that BK was created by Clark and his group.
Thanks for trying to confuse the non-suspecting as usual. One love, aboki na!
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by nduchucks: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2012
naijaking1:

This is your own words:

"Edwin Clark and his group along with GEJ, broke this agreement, causing reactions which include violent Boko Haram activities. When the violence started, the same group advised GEJ not to decisively deal with BH, and the result is that they created the Boko Haram monster of today."

Unless, you attended Goverment Comprehensive Night school way dey for Mammy market besides the mama-put place by the army barrack, there is no way you can misunderstand the above to mean that BK was created by Clark and his group.
Thanks for trying to confuse the non-suspecting as usual. One love, aboki na!

Cut it out, while you are ahead!!! You of all people know that BH has been in existence before 2010 but was not as violent as they became after the Clark group encouraged GEJ to break the so-called gentleman's agreement. I expect the interpretation you gave what I wrote, from dummies like Onlytruth and fully understand that you are simply trying to avoid confronting the Igbo problem I raised, by your comments.

BTW, How is Madam You know who, of the banking industry fame, enjoying her retirement? smiley
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Ejine(m): 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2012
Double...
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Ejine(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2012
Mtsheeew! This is the most amateurish attempt at divide-and-conquer I have seen on NairaLand. It's obvious these dumb-arse Northern political desert rats have long ran out of tricks and have now switched to their final attempt (after all others have failed).
I can sense desperation written all over this post as I read it grin Oh boy, na so e be? Looks like you Northerners have finally woken up from your slumber to realize the presidency is not your birthright, and that you'd actually have to present something tangible before you can be taken seriously.

It's only unfortunate, however, that you woke up too late grin
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by OneNaira6: 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2012

You fell into his trap with ease. This is not like you afam4eva.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by OneNaira6: 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2012
PointB: Ndi Igbo,
I think we would do well to avoid falling for ndu_chucks bait. The clown asked what we (Igbos) have benefited in an Ijaw man's less than two years reign. Isn't it funny how he conveniently failed to tell us what we have benefited from 38 years regime of the clueless northern rulers. More importantly, what has Nigeria benefited from 38 years rule of the North.

There is a rule which says 'Never go to a doctor in whose hospital flowers are dying or have died.' If the hospital cannot water a plan, don't expect any better.

Core North has retrogressed to the extent that flowers (children) are left to rot away! Nigeria and indeed Igbo will be foolish to let them infect the rest of us with this disease. I'll rather we take our chances with the well meaning 'fisherman' from the creek than with the clueless, terror vendors from desert!

GBAM!!!!!
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by SamIkenna: 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

^^^^ A sensible post devoid of tribalism. The bolded above is the bane of current day Ndigbo. Unfortunately, the electorate prefers to avoid discussions such as the one started in this thread, which could expose these politicians, to avoid being critical of their tribesmen.

I can understand why posters like PointB would prefer to change the subject and Sam_Ikenna, who is usually an epistle writer, would reduce his post to a one-liner - their condition is pitiable and frankly shameful. I venture to guess that the SE governors will rig 99% of the votes for PDP once again.

ndu_chuks pls dont kill me with your jokes. Which one be epistle writer. Anyway, I'm not in the mood or, better put, in shape to be on NL today. I know you, you're a staunch die-hard core north voice and I'ld be a fool to fall for your bait. Why did you single out Igbo? Is SE the only region that voted for GEJ? Its clear SE is the reason you guys have not fried GEJ like Akara jojo. We dont need you to tell us who Edwin Clark is, we know him inside-out, however, Edwin Clark is not Ijaw nation neither is he GEJ, he is just one man representing himself and for that we will not throw our Ijaw brothers under the bus. Isnt it funny how you guys held on to your neighbours up north very tight yet you want to create katakata for us and our brothers? We're wiser now. GEJ will finish his first term in one piece and if he says hes going for a second term we, the Eastern people, will fact-check his promises and actions.

Dont worry about us, we're fine - we've been fine since 1966, 1967-1970, and 1970-2012. We're not scared of what will happen after GEJ because we've seen it all. By the way, if you were in Edwin Clark's shoes what would you do if you're in position to put your brother as VP? He did what you guys taught him - passi passi - from brother to brother, so dont think I'm going to throw the whole Ijaw nation under the bus because Edwin Clark passed to his brother.

Also, do you mind deleting that your strike/war map? we dont need it. If people of Nigeria decide they're tired of one Nigeria no amount of strike or unstrike will stop it. No nation survives without justice and equality and that also entails not living off the resources of the weak and minorities. We will remain one for as long as we're ready to do justice to all, but if we think this present system in which we've been taking from Ondo, Abia, Bayelsa, Edo, CR, Rivers, Delta, Imo, and AK without allowing them to also dictate how they want their resources either taken or shared is sustainable, then dont worry about that your strike plan.

In fact its a good thing you reminded us where the jet fighters are and who pilots them, I guess what you're telling us is that we're in trouble if we make any move. Its clear how we're seen by our core northern brothers. First, they told us they're going with Abuja and everything up north including Kwara and Kogi, now you're telling us the fighters are located in your domain, in fact you even went further to tell us how many strikes will demobilize us - 9 strikes, wow! I guess you guys consider us cockroaches. Even if you were fighting only one person dont you think there is a non zero propability that none of the 9 strikes will hit him? Common man! give us some respect. 9 Strikes cant take more than 20 seconds so basically you're saying the core north will subdue us in less than 20 seconds. Nwanne, I hail you.

Anyway, I dont have time for NL this morning, I'll close by saying - we're not as dumb as you think, we will not fall for that story you put up there.
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Onlytruth(m): 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2012
hehehe! cheesy grin
Let me see how ndu_chucks- a typical CORNERED mass murder advocate- would advance his argument without threats of force!
Well, my response is already well presented by my Igbo brothers here. So, I would just cut and paste it again!

So, here we go!

PointB: Ndi Igbo,

Another one! cool

Sam_Ikenna:

ndu_chuks pls dont kill me with you jokes. Which one be epistle writer. Anyway, I'm not in the mood or, better put, in shape to be on NL today. I know you, you're a staunch die-hard core north voice and I'ld be a fool to fall for your bait. Why did you single out Igbo? Is SE the only region that voted for GEJ? Its clear SE is the reason you guys have not fried GEJ like Akara jojo. We dont need you to tell us who Edwin Clark is, we know him inside-out, however, Edwin Clark is not Ijaw nation neither is he GEJ, he is just one man representing himself and for that we will not throw our Ijaw brothers under the bus. Isnt it funny how you guys held on to your neighbours up north very tight yet you want to create katakata for us and our brothers? We're wiser now. GEJ will finish his first term in one piece and if he says hes going for a second term we, the Eastern people, will fact-check his promises and actions.

This one, though not from Igbo, nevertheless na die! cool

Rhino.5dm:
What do you mean by 5 air strikes on PH and Warri?

Dude, the promise of just one month crude oil production revenue to russia or NATO forces would send torrential rainfall of tom hawk missiles all over the north, incenerating the whole desert back to first centuary BC. Stop thinking silly!

Besides, those facilities you are threatening to attack belongs to US, France, Italy, Germany and Canada. You are welcome!!!

You know, somehow ndu_chucks can't think past 1967.
A really pitiable character. sad
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by nduchucks: 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2012
Onlytruth: hehehe! cheesy grin
Let me see how ndu_chucks- a typical CORNERED mass murder advocate- would advance his argument without threats of force!
Well, my response is already well presented by my Igbo brothers here. So, I would just cut and paste it again!

Onlytruth lies, why do you feel so superior to your Igbo brethren here that you are compelled to explain what they wrote, as if to say that they are intellectually inferior to you. I suppose its due to the pathological Ego based ailment, prevalent in your neck of the woods.

Every one of your followers, including the normally talkative ones like Sam_Ikenna (he is probably a pastor), have avoided the point I've made concerning Edwin Clark. Because the way you are being used by Clark and GEJ is frankly, shameful, I understand your wish to avoid the topic. Dede1 would have confronted the issue head on, albeit, after calling the country a cesspit. That Igbo boy would never shy away from constructively criticizing Clark or any one else unlike the peon, Onlytruth.

The political naivity of the SE leaders never ceases to amaze me. Onlytruth, mgbo piafuka gi isi. Onye ara.
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by SamIkenna: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Onlytruth lies, why do you feel so superior to your Igbo brethren here [/b]that you are compelled to explain what they wrote, as if to say that they are intellectually inferior to you. I suppose its due to the pathological Ego based ailment, prevalent in your neck of the woods.

Every one of your followers, including the normally talkative ones like [b]Sam_Ikenna (he is probably a pastor
), have avoided the point I've made concerning Edwin Clark. Because the way you are being used by Clark and GEJ is frankly, shameful, I understand your wish to avoid the topic. Dede1 would have confronted the issue head on, albeit, after calling the country a cesspit. That Igbo boy would never shy away from constructively criticizing Clark or any one else unlike the peon, Onlytruth.

The political naivity of the SE leaders never ceases to amaze me. Onlytruth, mgbo piafuka gi isi. Onye ara.

You failed to create problem between Ijaw and Igbo, now you want to create katakata between Igbo and Igbo - Try again, this one also failed.
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Onlytruth(m): 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Onlytruth lies, why do you feel so superior to your Igbo brethren here that you are compelled to explain what they wrote, as if to say that they are intellectually inferior to you. I suppose its due to the pathological Ego based ailment, prevalent in your neck of the woods.

Every one of your followers, including the normally talkative ones like Sam_Ikenna (he is probably a pastor), have avoided the point I've made concerning Edwin Clark. Because the way you are being used by Clark and GEJ is frankly, shameful, I understand your wish to avoid the topic. Dede1 would have confronted the issue head on, albeit, after calling the country a cesspit. That Igbo boy would never shy away from constructively criticizing Clark or any one else unlike the peon, Onlytruth.

So, you mean I should have simply started to type the exact same words already well presented by my brothers (and even Rhino)?
Is that how big your ego is?
Anyway, don't worry about my "ego". The guys and I are in TOTAL agreement on this.
What next? hehe! cheesy grin cool
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by NorthSharp(m): 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2012
ndu_chucks: Recently, a leader of the Arewa Elders Forum, Prof. Ango Abdulahi, said the North was prepared to go alone if the nation breaks up, adding that the North would not, however, champion the disintegration of the country.

Most NL bigots ignored the bolded text in Abdulahi’s statement and, in an exercise of intellectual dishonesty, inferred that Abdulahi’s statement meant the North was calling for the disintegration of Nigeria.

The only group who may appear to be championing the disintegration of Nigeria by their actions, is the faction of the PDP led by Edwin Clark and poised to take control of the PDP BOT after Obasanjo’s resignation. This same group has GEJ’s ears and have discouraged GEJ from dealing a death blow on Boko Haram, when the opportunity existed, and allowed BH to become a major menace and threat to the country.

Last year, the mentioned Arewa Elders Forum leader, Prof. Ango Abdulahi responded to the question:

What is your opinion on Edwin Clark and others who have been clamoring for Jonathan to vie in 2011?

Edwin Clark and his group along with GEJ, broke this agreement, causing reactions which include violent Boko Haram activities. When the violence started, the same group advised GEJ not to decisively deal with BH, and the result is that they created the Boko Haram monster of today.

Edwin clark and his group had the opportunity to support Soludo and other more qualified South Easterners for VP , but instead, insisted on an Ijaw, thus GEJ became the vice president. Soludo or some other Igbo man could have become Yar’Adua’s VP and the President of Nigeria after Yar’Adua’s death.

This same Edwin Clark is poised to take over control of the PDP machine and is once again encouraging GEJ to break his promise of running for only a single term.

I ask, what have the Igbos benefited from GEJ’s presidency so far besides being used? I caution posters, particularly those of Igbo extraction to answer the question with the understanding the question was asked without any ulterior motive.

On another note, I believe that a peaceful disintegration of Nigeria is impossible and Clark and his group should be very careful. It only takes 5 air strikes on key facilities in PH and Warri, 4 air strikes on the seaports, without any ground troops to render all of Southern Nigeria completely economically unstable and set back 60 years. Clark and his group should take note of where the Nigerian Airforce bases and our Jet fighters are located, while noting who the proven pilots of these planes are. A word is enough for the wise.

I fully expect bigots to ignore Clark and focus on my comments on air strikes, but I’m sure some reasonable folks will do otherwise.

Sir, I am kind of disappointed with part in bold; I thought you are too smart and, more importantly, too responsible and patriotic, to have resorted to this kind of petty ethnic baiting!

I am afraid, the part in red is enough to convince all that you deliberately set out to throw a bait to the usual ethnic bigots on this forum (only for you to relax back and enjoy your Sunday evening as the ethnic/regional fight begins!).

Haba, you should have simply gone to the gym/cinema/football match, or for a walk, if you were that bored, instead of starting an ethnic 'war' on NL! grin
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by aljharem(m): 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
Ndu-chuks

ko da ma ta fara grin grin grin grin
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by Onlytruth(m): 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2012
BTW ndu_chucks, did your brain freeze in 1967?
Why can't you see that things aren't exactly like they were then?
I'll give you some examples.

Do you know how easy it was for the North to kick Ernest Sonekan to the curb?
You do recall how the North was running Obasanjo like a houseboy in 1976-80, right?
You do recall how remarkably different the same Obasanjo was in 1999-2007 (even till today)? Right?
Do you recall how Adaka Boro's "revolution" was rounded up in a few days, and how current MEND gave a completely different account of themselves.
This GEJ you are seeing may lead to your FINAL downfall in Nigeria.

I warned you once that the next war that you would see in Nigeria will almost be like a flipped Biafran war, with only the core North fighting the rest of Nigeria. You would do well to take that advice to heart and repent.
Gaskiya kawai. cool
Re: Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence by aljharem(m): 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2012
Onlytruth: BTW ndu_chucks, did your brain freeze in 1967?
Why can't you see that things aren't exactly like they were then?
I'll give you some examples.

Do you know how easy it was for the North to kick Ernest Sonekan to the curb?
Do you recall how the North was running Obasanjo like a houseboy in 1976-80, right?
Do you recall how remarkably different the same Obasanjo was in 1999-2007 (even till today)? Right?
Do you recall how Adaka Boro's "revolution" was rounded up in a few days, and how current MEND gave a completely different account of themselves.

I warned you once that the next war that you would see in Nigeria will almost be like a flipped Biafran war, with only the core North fighting the rest of Nigeria. You would do well to take that advice to heart and repent.
Gaskiya kawai. cool

There wouldn't be a war

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Flood: Seriously, Is This Funny Or What (pix)? / Aso Rock May Be Flooded – Ministry Of Environment / Nigeria Squanders Millions On Generators Its Foreign Missions Don’t Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.