Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,389 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland (18102 Views)

18th Anniversary Speech Made By Pastor Larry Mishael / Paralyzed Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary Of Car Accident That Paralysed Her / 6 Interesting Facts About Nigeria As We Celebrate Her Independence Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Zealoy(m): 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Joined nairaland 2009, very nice forum
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Olodo24: 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Create an option to change username and delete a thread (I don't mean the moderators deleting threads(

2 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Sweetvie: 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Smile.
Happy Anniversary 💕
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by lavylilly: 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
ouzo1:

That verification is definitely needed...Cuz u cant genuinely help someone here cuz of all diz one kobo scammers.
True, he should look into it and he should try and do CSR
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by SEYIKP(m): 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy Birthday to Nairaland. I joined this forum since 2005. But i lost access to my first moniker "Seyi" I forget my password and unable to access my Yahoo mail that was attached to it.
This forum has been a blessing to me. I gained admission through this forum, I met some great people that are making tremendous positive impact in my life. I made my first million through this forum. Happy Birthday Nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Raph222(m): 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hapi anniversary Nairaland this forum has helped me learn a lot so kudos to the founder my major urge is let unity be in this forum let all hate talks from this tribe to the other stop if u are not aware some foreign site sight reference to nairaland as webite for african knowlege
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by lavylilly: 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nfora:
Wow!
Over 3million membership kiss

Congrats to all members and owner.
it's not up to 3 million, ask him to show you deactivated accounts and those with multiple accounts
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Akoodo: 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations to NairaLand and Seun.

I love this forum, just work on tribal war and this forum will be great
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Epistasis(m): 4:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary Nairaland

A day without nairaland is like....
Since 2009 or 10, I have been enjoying this forum.

Thank you Seun Osewa.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by lavylilly: 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
grin
DNAconverter:
Nairaland does not have API to extract data for research. Seun, Kindly look into this!
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by chocboi78(m): 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
otokx:

Been here since 2005, congratulations Nairaland, it can only get better.
I commend your dedication sir, 17 years is no joke.. I barely had access to internet then grin

5 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by ouzo1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
lavylilly:
True, he should look into it and he should try and do CSR

CSR as in Corporate social responsibility? If it's that one forget seun o,Him no go near there joor.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by fawaz050(m): 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Before he left, meaning he didn't graduate ni. The founder has done a good thing but he should deal decisively with the trial bigots and tribal remarks/comments otherwise he would only turn here to an e-tribal war zone.

In addition, he should listen or have a support thread where complaints, opinions and suggestions are registered.

In all honesty, it been a great place but he has also lost valueable members. From ishilove to lala and to name a few.

lala no dey here again? wetin happen??

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by 123readygo: 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hmmmmmmm
I found nairaland in October 2005 (though I became a member in 2015) and since then I have been following it like there’s no other platform for news and entertainment.

But I no longer derive joy coming here because of what kids have turned it into. Back in 2005 to 2015 there was nothing like Afonja, IPOB, flat head, youruba moslem and all these things that I read here that make my heart bleed. We were one then. You will always be anxiously waiting to read comments from ‘fried plantain’ and some intelligent writers like him. Now, I no longer read people’s comments here to avoid headache.

6 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Nawteemaxie(m): 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
tega192:
Oya do give away 9067603283 opay , we don still dey follow nairaland too for years , time to return the love hope you we all corndaters

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Abemy(m): 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
It's been a great experience been here, I came across this forum in Earl 2014, I was here as a guest for many years before creating an account two years ago.

This forum has members from all works of life,you find here, the good, the bad the ugly.

We have people with PhD in Insultology, many of whom fail to understand that, the forum is different from Balablue blue bluuuu.

Happy 18th anniversary. We celebrated Mark Zuckerberg for giving us Facebook despite being a drop out, why are we raising eye 👁️ brow on SEUN.?

Kudos to you Mr. SEUN SEWA.

Thanks 🙏, to all Niarlanders .

Congratulations to all of us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by BigDawsNet: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations... I officialy became a member in 2013
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Tribal: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
He left means he was doing well Academically but discovered his Destiny and stopped wasting his time on what is never his calling. Same way Bill Gates left University to pursue his Microsoft.
Oyindamolah:
Before he left, meaning he didn't graduate ni. The founder has done a good thing but he should deal decisively with the trial bigots and tribal remarks/comments otherwise he would only turn here to an e-tribal war zone.

In addition, he should listen or have a support thread where complaints, opinions and suggestions are registered.

In all honesty, it been a great place but he has also lost valueable members. From ishilove to lala and to name a few.

4 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Emeka71(m): 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2023
siofra:
Wow! So children born in 2005 are already 18 embarassed
Na wa o! I don old finish like this 🙆🙆
Even me.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by pendragonbladgo(m): 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
The year one Pastors daughter open it wide while my Mum and Dad went to office. Only our house girl was at home. A very big House you know having my own room. So it's big enough. Since that year, 18years later I never rest. Curse be on that year 2005. I was 15years.

Small girl of 13years made me run mad in life, she came wearing only pants and wrapper. A neighbour living In the area, I can't forget what I saw, skin folded together with a little hole and reddish top. She open it wide and told me to enter. A girl of 13years sank me till today. Oh how I fell....

God created the Devil and cask the Devil away from heaven, but God forgot that creating women is creating a bigger Devil. If but - just but: God did not create women, I will be a virgin today and more successful.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by spencekat(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congrats to Nairaland and Nairalanders.I finally registered in 2015 after two years of viewing this platform as a guest.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by spencekat(m): 4:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
Chasito:
This [/b]my most visited app[b], after whatsapp, I have learnt a lot, from this forum, since 2018 that I first visited it.
Same with me.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Gfrey6(m): 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
Banilla:
I noticed that too. He didn't graduate?

Nairaland could have been Africa's number one forum... There are a few foreigners here... But this is a toxic space. Not only tribalism, misogyny too.

Lala isn't a mod anymore?
This is the reason I dislike the forum
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by adeoyekay(m): 4:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary
God bless you Seun Osewa
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by VictoriaIsland(f): 4:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
More success! Seun Osewa!! Niralanders, Remain blessed and obidient!!
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by ToyinDipo(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nuhskhut:
Nairaland Forum was founded by Mr Oluwaseun Osewa,who was a student of the prestigious institution,Obafemi Awolowo University,where he studied electrical engineering in 1998, before he left to focus on the forum.

Since its onset,when the forum was created, on the march 10,2005 (it was whe the founder registered), it has been known to be of great place to learn things that revolve around humans.

Anyways for me,I found nairaland an amazing place to conect with people around the world.And I found it an interesting one.

What about you?
How well do you appreciate Nairaland and its founder?
He actually tried some other businesses after school I suppose before he ventured in and settled for Nairaland. Kudos to him though.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by abrahambest(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
For me, nairaland is where I get most info I need from the internet. Kudos seun and team. I like the simplicity, resilience and uniqueness of your design

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by DevilSignature: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2023
I joined this forum with my first Monika 2006

Second Monika 2010

Third Monika 2015

Fourth Monika 2019

And now again

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by remitarich(f): 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2023
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US....
NAIRALAND IS THE MUST INTERESTING FORUM EVER
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Psoul(m): 4:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
I registered in the year 2008 after bn a guest reader for years when I do not even know that I can register on the platform free of charge.

I could remember those good old years when Nairaland used to be like Quora Website.
Those days, you see people dissecting topics with utmost intelligence.
We were like brothers and sisters.
We were so matured in our arguments.
U hardly know anyone from your tribe here cos then, we were all Nigerians.
You read news and get information here and you will have no reason to doubt the info cos it was always true info.
Chaiiii...I yearn for those good old days.

Well, against all odds, I still love the page.
Nairaland is the first page I open in my Computer or phone everyday.

4 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by mosez346(m): 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary OSEWA!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Missing 16 Year Old Girl In Jos, Plateau State / Heartbroken Teenager Jumps From Third-floor Window In Suicide Bid / How To Spot Fake Bank Alert From The Real One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.