Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,501 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats (15793 Views)

Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million / Drama As Man Storms Police Station With Rats That Ate His Money In A Box. Photo / Share Your Most 'WEIRD' Experience Of 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by olumidesenbanjo: 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
The worst annoying part was that the rat will eat the poison and still live and destroyed things at home. i used rat gum, the dodge it and i was lucky to see the rat and kill it by myself

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by LZAA: 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
I think you mean mouse
Rats actually kill mice grin grin
Omo dem sabi disturb ehn
Na that your policy las las dey stop them grin
Wait o emoji dey now sefπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by OlawaleBammie: 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
Goinatou:
Reading
how rat wan take give u sweet sensation??

Rat no dey lick, na bite rat dey bite ok??

Carry Ur JT and move forward to look for Ur kind grin
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by symbianDON(m): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
Zimzy:
Ki My sister had her send forth some years back and there was a lot of fried meat left my mother decided to leave the meat open to avoid it getting spoiled. Lo and behold we woke up the next morning and almost all the meat was gone,we started suspecting each other in the house,not knowing it was the activity these tiny rats. They packed and hid the whole meat behind a locker in my mother's room.
those must be inec rats grin
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Brainzz40(m): 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mhen ....rats done eat our rent b4.....lol

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by ArticleBeast: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
MissOpe:
This frustrating rodent is presently dealing with us in the home.

They're really active at night....

All my children's snacks have been destroyed by them..

Food stuffs too.

They go ask far as entering my pots to feed at night...

We've tried a lots of poisons to get rid of them but they keep coming back....

Man pikin is tired ooo

Buy cat even for a week
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by easytig(m): 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
I remember buying two live local rooster πŸ“ to do my birthday last year,at night in my room ,they suddenly erupted from thier sitting position, na so I on light ,Omo see big rat dey feast on their cooked white rice I put for ground,I vex carry the roosters dem go kill for kitchen.before the useless rat scare dem to death.tge next day I bought crayfish and mix it with rodenticide,saw the rat corpse under my neighbour car.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Princebest(m): 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
Skyfornia:
I had so many of those creatures when I moved into a new apartment, including cockroaches and mosquitoes, I was able to eliminate rats and cockroaches but mosquito is something I have done almost everything to keep away but it's not working.. I'm only here to see if someone can provide fresh idea or solution on how to eliminate mosquitoes.. repellent will work for only a day and the next day you will discover battalion of mosquitoes, have used sniper, hypo, flits, have bought mosquito killer lamp, put nets on my doors and windows, yet it's not working.

Oga, sorry about your experience. Check my thread out and get my formula "weapon of mass destruction " and you will thank me later.
It works for rats, roaches and any annoying pet or unwanted creature in the house.

Link on my profile.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
clockwisereport:

California or New York?
grin bro na hunger town oo for naija
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by cutedharmee: 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
Haaaaa grin that stupid creature ate ma nails o. So I was sleeping and felt some pain on ma toe, anytime d pain surface and I wanna wake up I felt some soothing air again so off I go to sleep. I woke up in d morning only to see blood on ma toe with serious pain. That rat chop d nail enter d toe meat. Was later told its not something good but it has happened already naa. Nah God go help me punish dat rat wherever it is sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by debetmx(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
They ate the office of my useless president, Muhammadu Buhari in Aso rock.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by zinaunreal(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Rat ran straight for my legs in public and attempted to climb my body
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by ForG(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
We had rats in my former apartment.

Big rats that played hide and seek across the roof.
Rats that opened your pot, selected the best fish and closed it.
Rats that climbed you bed to smell your feet and undies.

I haven't seen one in two years.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by sylve11: 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
Those weyrey

In ilesa, they came and be chopping my toes, the funny tins is that they are blowing me breeze for toe as dem dey chop am, them go chop con blow u small breeze grin

Na so dem chop my nephew for lower lips but Baba quickly woke up to the pains of their bite

When I was serving in kebbi, this weyreys will be entering my room from the ceiling tru a suspended bulb cable in my room, even when u re asleep.

There was a day I wanted to kill some of them, I pretended to have slept, this big rat just help onto the cable and started coming down using its back, alaye will draw down a little and look down weda a dey sleep or not, if it notice me shaking it will move up, down move down back and pulse and look down if I am sleeping or not.

grin grin cool
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Konjiboii: 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
I never knew I will see the day mosquitoes will be tolerable, you see those pesky insects they call sand fly abi na tsetse fly.. bruh, na when I go inspect my properties for Epe I wan die.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by lymelyte(m): 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
Jesterinjay:
Mehn those creatures are rugged,foodstuffs ain't safe. Sometimes the brave amongst them take a stroll while we have visitors. The cultists among them won't flinch even when you try to chase them away. The ones with balls eat at your feet.
werey cheesy grin
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Dayotheeone(m): 3:56pm On Mar 10, 2023
Tore my window net, took a bite off every food available
I covered the food, they ate the bottles of my vegetable and palm oil
Ate the cover of my dish soap
Ate the plastic bin in the kitchen
Ate the wooden cabinet
At some point I thought they were sent from village

Bought rat poison, mixed it with one roll of panla fish

RIP to the lost ones
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by MissOpe(f): 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2023
ArticleBeast:

Buy cat even for a week

Awww...

I hate cats, can't stand their presence....

But I guess it's all about my mindset.....

Can't deal with cats.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Burna440(m): 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
Goinatou:
Reading

Na so the place been dey smell?
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Jummymine(f): 4:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
My own problem is shrews(asin).
Rats with pointed mouth.
Their odor is really irritating!
I wish I know how to get rid of them.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Lifewasgood: 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2023
Itohanmiwa:
Chai see topic wen dey grace front page for naira land. What a shame, there are good and thoughtful and insightful that don't get featured on front page. Push topics by ourtruth24. That guy is reshaping religion and I am tempted to call him a prophet
You and your prophet should go to Listverse. Over there is a lot of conpsiracy theories and sci-fic lies you guys can binge on. Nairaland needs to remain a place for sane folks and not those being ruled by humanoid dragonis.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Omoawoke: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
aysuprano:
I have phobia for rats and I was keeping chicken feeds in my apartment then, there were so many rats in the building because of that, then I brought a cat home , it killed 15 rats the first day, by the time the cat used a week in the house , I see no rats anymore

Omo that your cat dey vex oo🀣

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Banat89(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2023
Bintdawood:

I heard they get used to the meow sound.. Using rodenticide or keeping cat is better... For me o☺
this

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by luluosas(m): 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2023
Oh my goodness!
Rats have wasted a lot of things in our shop, ranging from sachet milks, juice, indomie, etc. They are a very big menace here
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Faposky95: 4:27pm On Mar 10, 2023
The human types are just my biggest putoffs
Rats and snitches
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Omoawoke: 4:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
johnjay4u2u:
There's always 2 sides to a story.
However, this short one is between the human and animal kingdom.
What you are about to read is the side of the homo sapien (me). A Dr Dolittle will come in handy to say the side of the rat.

I have had the history of being a tormentor to the rat kingdom everywhere my parents relocated to.
I have a feeling they call a family meeting because of my brutality to their brothers, sisters, children and parents.
I have killed several rats and lost count.
From catching them alive and injecting them with kerosene, water, garri water etc till they die to crushing them into pieces with instruments.
I did them strong things. πŸ˜‚

This notable story is about the time I repented from killing rats; that was during my early undergrad days.
I suspect watching National Geographic station was contributory.
I then had a rat that sneaked into my room.
I decided to let it be. It became so comfortable that it sneaks out to watch TV whenever I put it on. Only runs away when I decide to standup (for fear of me trying to kill it, I guess).

I literally started feeding it when I am eating by throwing pieces of fish or meat towards where it stays. Anyway, I ensured it was only one (before rat go start kingdom for my self-contained apartment).
This rat gradually became so comfortable that the mumu thing will want to welcome my visitors (sneaks out to check who I am talking with) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm not a man of love ao didn't name it before I go loose focus

To be continued

You must finish this story

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Ken4Christ: 4:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
Axis313:
I don't have many encounter with rats, except during my NYSC service in Katsina state, my room then was always under visitation by this bandit of a rat, the thing never let me sleep in peace, all the rice and beans in my room were decimated, but thank God e never enter where my documents are, but my foods are never safe with this terror rat.

Na so I jejely by one fried fish, remove it's inside, rub am with rat poison, place am in one strategic position outside my room.

The rest is history, it's on the third day I saw the crazy idiot's remain in one side of our compound.
If you have any nasty experience with rats you can also share it.

Too many ugly experience with these house terrorists that space will not permit me to state. But I am glad I have ended their terrorist activities by doing just this;

I mob my floor at the balcony with fuel and they never appeared again. They hate the smell of fuel. Just do it every three days and they will look for a new territory.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Pootle: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
ratoulli
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Sprinklepee: 4:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
Axis313:
I don't have many encounter with rats, except during my NYSC service in Katsina state, my room then was always under visitation by this bandit of a rat, the thing never let me sleep in peace, all the rice and beans in my room were decimated, but thank God e never enter where my documents are, but my foods are never safe with this terror rat.

Na so I jejely by one fried fish, remove it's inside, rub am with rat poison, place am in one strategic position outside my room.

The rest is history, it's on the third day I saw the crazy idiot's remain in one side of our compound.
If you have any nasty experience with rats you can also share it.
rat for my side, them know rat poison and sabi jump wella, they even get mind walk pass where u dey make u know say them dey around.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Benard5050: 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
Those idiots ate the base of my washing machine and went inside to eat d wires. I spent 5k to repair it. I caught one later d following night, and with annoyance I killed it in a very terrible way.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Sprinklepee: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
For our area rat dey fight cult war like this, based on say some other rat come from outside wan come take over and our area rat dem be real confra, rat wey go carry food for your presence and get mind walka pass you, them even they bring their family come join them. Those thing na bastard aswear. One even dey treatening me for my house, if i use one leg pursue am, he go do me back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland / State One Question You Hate Being Asked. / Meet Meysi, The World’s Smallest Dog!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.