Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats (15796 Views)

Lockdown : Rats Break Into ATM Machine, Eat Up Money Worth N17 Million / Drama As Man Storms Police Station With Rats That Ate His Money In A Box. Photo / Share Your Most 'WEIRD' Experience Of 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Kaycee54321(m): 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2023
RATS.

Very dirty and very very smart creatures. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by yeyebrity: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
I didn't see this post on time. At this point, I am appealing to anyone to proffer a solution so I can dislodge an annoying rat that has permanently gotten itself a room in my apartment. This rat has refused to leave. I even went as far as playing a fake cat sound thinking it would think there is a cat in the house. Regardless, the rat is still domiciled there.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Pope98: 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Then back then in school I usually had rats ransaking my kitchen... Omo I couldn't keep anything in my kitchen it was so bad that they were chewing my turning garri dem de even shift my pot.. It was faustraing. I had to find way... One afternoon I was coming back from classes I saw a woman selling a very long strong broom I buy cool lol that night I set my phone on alarm just laydown dey wait wink around 1:30 sharp I woke up... Put on better timber land... Enter kitchen.... With better touch light Omo I saw them feasting wetin I kill that day.. If you see rat.. Enhee.. I did not pack them oo.. I just lay dem down there incase any still de come may dem see wetin to expect.... Lol. The next money as I de pack dem out my neighbors dey shout..... Till I left that compound I no experience rat wahala again... Them learn better lesson cool
Axis313:
I don't have many encounter with rats, except during my NYSC service in Katsina state, my room then was always under visitation by this bandit of a rat, the thing never let me sleep in peace, all the rice and beans in my room were decimated, but thank God e never enter where my documents are, but my foods are never safe with this terror rat.

Na so I jejely by one fried fish, remove it's inside, rub am with rat poison, place am in one strategic position outside my room.

The rest is history, it's on the third day I saw the crazy idiot's remain in one side of our compound.
If you have any nasty experience with rats you can also share it.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by T0BY(m): 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
Guy. I don die for laugh. Those rats wan brutal pass dracula
OlawaleBammie:
Those weyrey

In ilesa, they came and be chopping my toes, the funny tins is that they are blowing me breeze for toe as dem dey chop am, them go chop con blow u small breeze grin

Na so dem chop my nephew for lower lips but Baba quickly woke up to the pains of their bite

When I was serving in kebbi, this weyreys will be entering my room from the ceiling tru a suspended bulb cable in my room, even when u re asleep.

There was a day I wanted to kill some of them, I pretended to have slept, this big rat just help onto the cable and started coming down using its back, alaye will draw down a little and look down weda a dey sleep or not, if it notice me shaking it will move up, down move down back and pulse and look down if I am sleeping or not.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by yeyebrity: 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Too many ugly experience with these house terrorists that space will not permit me to state. But I am glad I have ended their terrorist activities by doing just this;

I mob my floor at the balcony with fuel and they never appeared again. They hate the smell of fuel. Just do it every three days and they will look for a new territory.

Really? I will try this.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Bintdawood(f): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2023
FATHAT:

Yes you're right I think keeping a cat is the best, the sound repellent sounds keeps them off for some time but they're sure to return occasionally

Rats no dey hear wordπŸ˜ΉπŸ’” very stubborn creatures.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Bintdawood(f): 5:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
Banat89:
this

Yess.. They get used to it.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by CarzRus: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
yeyebrity:
I didn't see this post on time. At this point, I am appealing to anyone to proffer a solution so I can dislodge an annoying rat that has permanently gotten itself a room in my apartment. This rat has refused to leave. I even went as far as playing a fake cat sound thinking it would think there is a cat in the house. Regardless, the rat is still domiciled there.

I have the ultrasound rat repellent device I can sell to you at 2k only. It makes them avoid the territory.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by yeyebrity: 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
CarzRus:

I have the ultrasound rat repellent device I can sell to you at 2k only. It makes them avoid the territory.

Actually, I have used this before. I need a kinda permanent solution or something that can keep them away for a very long time.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Sthandawasam(m): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
Had a bad one during my first year at school. These guys ate thru my bag and feasted on my provisions. We sha later come dey share the same bed. πŸ™Œ
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Bintdawood(f): 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
yeyebrity:

Actually, I have used this before. I need a kinda permanent solution or something that can keep them away for a very long time.

The only permanent solution is you either adopt or buy a cat...
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by mechanics(m): 6:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
FATHAT:
My encounter with rats was never pleasant,rats could provoke you to a point where you would wish you had a gun to shoot down the bastards. Well, amazingly enough I now leave within Thier most populated territory. The English man says Necessity is the mother of invention right? , Now I've deviced means to scare them away by making use of periodic rat repellent sounds through an amplifier,it has been very helpful becouse it repulsed and chases them off whenever I play the sound.
Nice invention.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Axis313(m): 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Himtulie247:
grin grin grin cheesy
grin
Ha!Destroyers of the universe.
Won ti baye owo yen je.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Lobotomy02: 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2023
Just woke up to something crawling on my face, and guess what? a fu..cking rat.

I opened my mouth wide and swallowed the bloody rodent.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by essenjack(m): 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
MissOpe:
This frustrating rodent is presently dealing with us in the home.

They're really active at night....

All my children's snacks have been destroyed by them..

Food stuffs too.

They go ask far as entering my pots to feed at night...

We've tried a lots of poisons to get rid of them but they keep coming back....

Man pikin is tired ooo

Simply get a cat.
Rats are destroyers, they damage expensive and useful books in my Library, destroyed my electronics when I was away from home for a short while,gave birth to children in my bedroom sofa. Got my self a cat, Now d Cat has finished all the rats in the hood, she currently hunt Lizards

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Sholmakem(f): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
Those agent of destruction . I've come to realised that the more you kill them , them more they come back with full forces and that will be tougher.
Those beast ate my beautiful handbag when I paid a visit to my sister πŸ˜” I felt I could get the particular one and strangled it .

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Pipefitter: 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
MissOpe:
This frustrating rodent is presently dealing with us in the home.

They're really active at night....

All my children's snacks have been destroyed by them..

Food stuffs too.

They go ask far as entering my pots to feed at night...

We've tried a lots of poisons to get rid of them but they keep coming back....

Man pikin is tired ooo

Wow. Consider getting cat. I can boldly say I have no single rat in my flat. I can spend 4- 6k buying rat gums and poison anytime I notice thier presence. I battle them Headon till I get rid of the last one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Emeka71(m): 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
Jesterinjay:
Mehn those creatures are rugged,foodstuffs ain't safe. Sometimes the brave amongst them take a stroll while we have visitors. The cultists among them won't flinch even when you try to chase them away. The ones with balls eat at your feet.
The thing is that they don't even eat food in the dustbin but rather target the special one that you kept somewhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Lightorder: 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
Long story short. No matter how intelligent the rat is , just lace boiled rice with rat poison, they will never resist it.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by harmony75: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
Since I have my 12 cats/kittens πŸ™€ no rat or lizard 🦎 that trouble me.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Crucialgem(m): 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
This remind me of when i was staying in a 1 room apartment mehnnn they should me hell the small and very fast ones they dont finsh no mattet how much rat killer you give them , highest 1 week they are back it was so frustrating
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by udomma1005(m): 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
FATHAT:

grin bro those are the jagabans
....... Plus INEC chairman
........ Plus Wike 😲
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2023
udomma1005:

....... Plus INEC chairman
........ Plus Wike 😲
I no dey ooo
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2023
Lobotomy02:
Just woke up to something crawling on my face, and guess what? a fu..cking rat.

I opened my mouth wide and swallowed the bloody rodent.
grin
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Axis313(m): 7:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Too many ugly experience with these house terrorists that space will not permit me to state. But I am glad I have ended their terrorist activities by doing just this;

I mob my floor at the balcony with fuel and they never appeared again. They hate the smell of fuel. Just do it every three days and they will look for a new territory.
This is the first time I am hearing this.
Thanks for sharing it,I will put it at the back of my mind.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Nonywendy(m): 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
HydraFeeds:
Keep all your foods in container.
u never see rat wey dey chop plastic container
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by gaby(m): 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
Skyfornia:
I had so many of those creatures when I moved into a new apartment, including cockroaches and mosquitoes, I was able to eliminate rats and cockroaches but mosquito is something I have done almost everything to keep away but it's not working.. I'm only here to see if someone can provide fresh idea or solution on how to eliminate mosquitoes.. repellent will work for only a day and the next day you will discover battalion of mosquitoes, have used sniper, hypo, flits, have bought mosquito killer lamp, put nets on my doors and windows, yet it's not working.

They could be coming in from your toilet (wc) chamber. Find a plumber to help you sort it. There's a way they net it.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by alons: 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
I have many encounters with those terrorists.
Currently are planning on ways to have access to our room, one succeeded in following through our kitchen pipe.
One just played fast one on me this week by using the wire we spray clothes outside as an overhead bridge to run to safety.
I can remember when I was still staying with my mom, she travelled and some group of rats were terrorizing my room I put a rat gum for them for almost one week it couldn't catch one.
You won't believe my mom came back, went inside and the rat gum gummed her leg instead of rat after one week of setting the trap
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by missidy: 7:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
It was when I was waiting at home for university admissions. One rat ate My laptop charger, the wire. It also ate my fresh bread I bought that night, hoping to eat it the next morning. I set a trap for it and it caught the rat, very big. I used cane to beat the rat until I was satisfied, then I used a big stick to hit its head until it died. I tortured it for the pain and money it cost me(my mum actually) to buy a new laptop charger.
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Kelvin3476: 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
Axis313:

Those creatures can be annoying and embarrassing at the same time.
Same goes with cockroaches,I can bear mosquitoes but those two:rats and cockroaches,they are the real MVP terrorist pests.
But please which one be rat repellent sounds,can you explain how it works.
nothing comes close to a mosquito
Re: Share Your Nasty Experience With Rats by Kelvin3476: 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2023
DenreleDave:

I would kill a snake b4 i kill the devil
we know u can't kee urself nah. u are the devil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

State One Question You Hate Being Asked. / Meet Meysi, The World’s Smallest Dog! / How To Delete Your Previous Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.