Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,040 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

“The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot (6090 Views)

Those Who Criticize Desmond Elliot Are Praising Peter Obi / “it Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot Speaks On His Wooden Bridge Project / Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by JohnBullMySon: 9:06am On Mar 11, 2023
Luckysbab:
Does anyone have factual contrary evidence that the wooden bridge didn't cost up to that or it's just the mob mentality of condemning them all.

I have heard of someone in same Lagos who took a loan of 30 million Naira or so to construct commercial palo bridge.
I think Punch featured it.

So any genuine proof that 800k figure is overbloated?
It is always very pleasant to spot someone who uses his senses.

Nobody has bothered to know if it is really worth that amount. 800k NGN is not a high figure and woodwork can cost more than that. Besides he is a state legislator and can only work with whatever amount the state government gives to his office.

But the mob mentality of condemning politicians without thinking has reduced the IQ level of many.

1 Like

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by NinjaXmetahuman: 9:12am On Mar 11, 2023
Luckysbab:
Does anyone have factual contrary evidence that the wooden bridge didn't cost up to that or it's just the mob mentality of condemning them all.

I have heard of someone in same Lagos who took a loan of 30 million Naira or so to construct commercial palo bridge.

it's mob mentality.
Headless mob. We don't think, we just follow the mob to criticize for criticiscm sake.

Roofing a house costs millions depending on the size, they think because it's wood it's not gonna be expensive.

One ediot even shouting looting. What is state assembly's allocation that they are expecting fly over on a road that is not motorable.

What they should be asking themselves is what are other state assembly members doing with their statutory allocations? Is it close to what Desmond Eliot has done for surulere?

1 Like

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by Gunayo(m): 9:14am On Mar 11, 2023
judatech:
At what point did Desmond Elliott lose his senses?
The moment he joined APC

2 Likes

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by NinjaXmetahuman: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Even if it costs more, any person who can brag about putting up that ‘suegbe’ bridge as a project is not worthy of representing the people.

Let’s stop celebrating mediocrity
can you show us what other members have done better?

Even in your own state, can you show us? I'm sure you don't even know the honorable representing your constituents.

But lets criticize cos others are criticizing.

Headless mob.
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by CSTRR: 9:27am On Mar 11, 2023
NinjaXmetahuman:

Even in your own state, can you show us? I'm sure you don't even know the honorable representing your constituents.

Headless mob.
If you are Yoruba, then you are not very wise.

This man is robbing your people to sustain his family in the US.

It's still the Yoruba people that will use that crappy bridge.

While the SE is using this elections to clean house, you people down west want to perpetuate corruption in the name of backward party politics.

Continue.

2 Likes

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by jude79(m): 9:39am On Mar 11, 2023
Luckysbab:

Yes, in 2019 2/2 cost #100, 2/4 200 , 4/4 400, if you observed the bridge length, it's about 40 ft maximum, a single length of wood is between 14 and 16 ft, each will take 4 length x 4 giving 16, standing length is about 14ft by every 5ft gives 8 x the 2 sides is 16 altogether making 32 x 400 #12800, bridging with 2/4 per 5 ft gives 8 x 2 = 16 x 200 = 3200 plank = 800 width is 1foot, by 14 length of bridge 40ft assume 14 is 10 to accommodate wastages then 4 x 5 is 20 x 800 giving 16000, under beam with 4/4 for every 2 ft gives 20 x 5 = 100÷ by 14 let's call 14 10 for wastages giving 10, 4/4 at 400 = 4000

total = 12800+3200+16000+4000= 36000
Nails #5000, workmanship, 40000, sum total is #81000 as of 2019
That's the reason Desmond idiot called people that voted for him children, only children can accommodate his fraud and stupidity

4 Likes

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by Creamypussy(f): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2023
Laughable.
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by NinjaXmetahuman: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2023
CSTRR:

While the SE is using this elections to clean house, you people down west want to perpetuate corruption in the name of backward party politics.

Continue.
you are very stupid.

Answer the question I asked you and stop sound like a broken record.

How much is his constituency allowance that you think he should have done better?

Even in your own state, can you show us any state house member that has outperformed him?
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by Copperfield(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2023
Believe any Nollywood actor at your own peril, it's called showbiz
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by 23jerryking(m): 10:22am On Mar 11, 2023
Luckysbab:

Were you trying to be philosophical enough that you lose your senses of reasoning in the process? This your take just doesn't add up at all when weighed on the scale of rationality.

1 Like

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by sirchim(m): 11:15am On Mar 11, 2023
Natbrowny:

This new name is mixed with okro and lime.

Everybody shout AP-CHEAT.
no b small cheating party
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by gasparpisciotta: 11:21am On Mar 11, 2023
NinjaXmetahuman:

Headless mob.

Lol @ your comment.

Headless mob indeed!

Whatever Desmond Elliot deserves he will surely get from voters, I am not even from his constituency.

A house member from my constituency influenced streetlights and some road projects.

This same member grades the road in my estate regularly.

He doesn’t even make any noise at all.

People are already supporting him to get the reps ticket

1 Like

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by sageb: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2023
Wordsfrombimpe:
“It cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot speaks on his wooden bridge project for his constituency

Do you believe him?

Kindly share your though in the comment section

#dashpressmedia

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cpnrg5Mtztf/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

See what this party have turned Desmond into
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by kokoA(m): 11:26am On Mar 11, 2023
Using the new naira to naira exchange rate ba.
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by engrchykae(m): 11:26am On Mar 11, 2023
Lanretoye:
People wan finish him patapata,there is no mention of such in the IG link provided but it is time for the people to show their strenght.meanwhile most of we the youths are more heartless than the so called old people.
the people must be feared.
That's my idea of the republic.
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by udomma1005(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2023
It's possible that the bridge could go for that amount but the truth be told, Desmond idiat, sorry ediot. . Hmmmm Elliott (pardon me pls), the young man allowed power to becloud his promises of changing the narrative from ailing grandfathers to vibrant young chappies. He should pray not to be evicted from the house next weekend 🤔
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by engrchykae(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2023
HONESTFACT101:

Anyone with a common sense of reason knows that, that death trap can't be that expensive ......signing out✈
the Desmond of a fool can't risk his life plying that deathtrap of a bridge to great beyond.
Desmond is wicked
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by ukaface(f): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2023
And he still no get shame to correlate a WOODEN BRIDGE TO 800k, this guy is daft sha
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by NinjaXmetahuman: 11:39am On Mar 11, 2023
gasparpisciotta:

Lol @ your comment.

Headless mob indeed!

Whatever Desmond Elliot deserves he will surely get from voters, I am not even from his constituency.

A house member from my constituency influenced streetlights and some road projects.

This same member grades the road in my estate regularly.

He doesn’t even make any noise at all.

People are already supporting him to get the reps ticket
influence but not from his allowance. Does that make it his project?
Other projects state government did in surulere, when are you going to give Desmond credits for them?

What's the name of your honorable?

How much is grading roads? Compared to building bridges?

Grading your area once in bluemoon is now bigger than building actual bridge.. mind you, that's not the only project demsond did in his constituency.

I don't know Desmond Elliot or do I care about him or his consistency. But you headless mob have made him a victim of his own success.

He showed what he has achieved with his limited resources, even though you can't present anyone actually close to him in terms of success, but you still want to criticize for flaunting his success.. when he could have just gone to the assembly and continue to act like everyone else.
Be silent and continue to pocket the the assembly allowance and just join the right party every election cycle to get elected again.

Like headless mobs voting LP top to bottom.
I'm sure if Desmond Elliot had decamped to LP before election, the narrative wouldnt be that he didn't perform.
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by engrchykae(m): 11:40am On Mar 11, 2023
CSTRR:

Continue.
haven't you noticed that the people in Nigeria who once had "empires"are very cool with oppressive governance?
The north and southwest had empires and they still miss their sultan and alaffin.
The igbos have mastered the art of democracy and as such are seen as rebellious

1 Like

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by oloriooko(m): 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2023
Helloooooo
Pic of bridge pls
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by gasparpisciotta: 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2023
NinjaXmetahuman:
influence but not from his allowance. Does that make it his project?
Other projects state government did in surulere, when are you going to give Desmond credits for them?

What's the name of your honorable?

How much is grading roads? Compared to building bridges?

Grading your area once in bluemoon is now bigger than building actual bridge.. mind you, that's not the only project demsond did in his constituency.

I don't know Desmond Elliot or do I care about him or his consistency. But you headless mob have made him a victim of his own success.

He showed what he has achieved with his limited resources, even though you can't present anyone actually close to him in terms of success, but you still want to criticize for flaunting his success.. when he could have just gone to the assembly and continue to act like everyone else.
Be silent and continue to pocket the the assembly allowance and just join the right party every election cycle to get elected again.

Like headless mobs voting LP top to bottom.
I'm sure if Desmond Elliot had decamped to LP before election, the narrative wouldnt be that he didn't perform.

Oga carry your Desmond Elliot go wherever you like.

I no be obidient, I am just a reasonable citizen.

Desmond or whoever need not celebrate a mediocre bridge.

If achievements are made on bill boards, then Trophy and Goldberg larger has achieved more than Heineken

1 Like

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by NwaliE01: 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2023
800 gini?
How much is the cost of roofing a house?
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by Entimz: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
Now I know there is different from Eliot and Idiot

1 Like

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by IamAsiri: 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2023
Tokskob2008:
That small wooden bridge shouldn't be anywhere 200k as at when it was constructed, oga rep don inflate the constituency project by 5x

With the economy now that wood is now like x3 or x4 of what it was then when it was done, 150k (including the cost of constructing the wooden bridge) will do a decent job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by juniorstar(m): 5:03pm On Mar 11, 2023
Desmond...800k ke...for wooden bridge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by NinjaXmetahuman: 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2023
gasparpisciotta:

Oga carry your Desmond Elliot go wherever you like.

I no be obidient, I am just a reasonable citizen.

Desmond or whoever need not celebrate a mediocre bridge.

If achievements are made on bill boards, then Trophy and Goldberg larger has achieved more than Heineken
you still haven't showed what your state assembly member did to prove Desmond didnt try.

Do you expect state assembly member to build flyover or something?

Perhaps if you show us the bridge your state assembly member built that is not mediocre, we can then compare it to what Desmond Eliot built.

But since you don't have anyone that you can present that has actually outperformed him, can you simply shut the fhuck up now?

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
Gbam

id4sho:

Hunger no good , he doesn't want to b fired. Youth ain't taking any of it.
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
Gbam

Fact

id4sho:

Hunger no good , he doesn't want to b fired. Youth ain't taking any of it.
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kiss and make up

NinjaXmetahuman:
you still haven't showed what your state assembly member did to prove Desmond didnt try.

Do you expect state assembly member to build flyover or something?

Perhaps if you show us the bridge your state assembly member built that is not mediocre, we can then compare it to what Desmond Eliot built.

But since you don't have anyone that you can present that has actually outperformed him, can you simply shut the fhuck up now?

Thanks you
Re: “The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lmao

juniorstar:
Desmond...800k ke...for wooden bridge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Trekking From Mararaba/nyanya To Abuja In Order To Go To Work.(pics) / Dimeji Bankole Buys Speaker’s Residence For N45M / Is It Too Late For Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.