Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow (38453 Views)

Imo Will Be Battle Field If The Police Commissioner Isn’t Removed - Sam Amadi / Ajaero To Be Flown Abroad For Medical Care – NLC / Joe Ajaero To Undergo Ophthalmic Investigation, Brain Scan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Nemere2020: 11:14am On Mar 11, 2023
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has urged Imo State residents to stock up their homes with basic needs to survive as the Union prepares for an indefinite strike.

President of NLC, Joe Ajaero revealed this in a statement made available to THE WHISTLER.

Ajaero said the state government has deliberately terrorized residents through some negative actions of some operatives who have been bequeathed with the powers of the state.

He said that the state government, through its information commissioner has been peddling falsehood.

He accused the Imo state government of turning the once-prided “Eastern Heartland” into a toxic and extremely unpleasant environment.

Ajaero said “Hobbesian state of nature, a state once prided itself as the Eastern Heartland has become prevalent, exposing not just workers in the state but institutions and individuals to the most horrendous of scare, fear, and violence in their daily activities.

“In the pursuit of our legitimate strike action to restore sanity to the state’s industrial relations sphere, we wish to advise that those traveling to Imo state through the airport to look for other alternatives, those that make use of petroleum products should make efforts to seek alternatives and those that use electricity to seek other options outside the National Grid.

“We are resolved to press home our demands and until these infractions are remedied, we will continue escalating the industrial action till the government is compelled to show reason and restore meaningful and effective dialogue in the state.”

He gave some of the reasons for the industrial action to include 20 months salary arrears owed to some workers stigmatized as ghost workers; declaration of about 11,000 workers in the state as ghost workers; intimidation and harassment of Trade Union leaders; and continued use of thugs and instruments of violence against workers in the state among others.

https://thewhistler.ng/stock-up-your-house-imo-will-be-on-indefinite-lockdown-nlc-warns-residents/

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Tinububalls: 11:25am On Mar 11, 2023
My sweet Imo.
The once most peaceful state is now a ghost town.
Revolution will start in Imo state.

190 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by ejifranks(m): 11:44am On Mar 11, 2023
Friends in Imo confirmed that EEDC has switched off power and everywhere is in black out over there.

What APC will not destroy doesn't exist. I am so angry with myself for supporting this useless demonic CHANGE in 2015.

270 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 11, 2023
The NLC has been asleep in this country for a while now.

They need to realize they're in key position to drive this long overdue revolution that will force our democracy out of the hands of the few elite sitting on the destinies of over 210million Nigerians.

We want a New Nigeria biko

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Ok12345(f): 11:48am On Mar 11, 2023
Where is the money to stock up their Home?

I don't understand this unnecessary hardship meted on Nigerians

What is all this for Christ Sake?
Oh Lord if this is a Punishment for anything we did wrong,pls forgive us.
Since 2015 till Date,Nigerians has been going from one Hardship to Another. sad

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by IyaTola: 11:48am On Mar 11, 2023
angry
In a saner climes people would have hit the street and press home their demands unfortunately this is Nigeria we can withstand every and anything. Nobody wan die but everyone wan go heaven

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Latidoh1: 11:48am On Mar 11, 2023
Kai. Supreme Court Governor was not the will of the people

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by dapsoneh: 11:48am On Mar 11, 2023
Nibo l'atun jasi bayi

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 11, 2023
APC will deal with all Nigerians if Nigerians don't deal with them now as a matter of national urgency.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Moh247: 11:49am On Mar 11, 2023
cheesy

Stock up with which money

Sit at home every Monday

Now indefinite strike in Imo

Yet this people want to install Chinedu in Lagos

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by lazynairalander1: 11:49am On Mar 11, 2023
We are yet to finish with 1 APC maladministration and have decided to thank the same APC with another 8 years. God in heaven knows I don't fit into this kind of suffering and smiling mentality.
Fada Lawd take me to my like minds, I can't continue like this, if this persons like it and want to continue me I can't.
No light to do the little gig you get.
No fuel to power generator.
And there is excess heat.
No cash to even move around.
What in God's name is this? I some times consider how this tech newbies are surviving this period. Truly it will take lots of determination for a tech newbie not to give up with the current situation in this country.

Mehn!!!

15 Likes

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Sonnobax15(m): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2023
lipsrsealed
Na wa oh...

Everything for this country just dey too dey anyhow....

6 Likes

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by HNICEARTH: 11:49am On Mar 11, 2023
Hopeless uzodinjor has crippled imo state. Imolites you have to stand up to this tyrant

18 Likes

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Beremx(f): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2023
My beloved Imo State....

Hopeless Supreme Court Governor has turned my beloved state to a shadow of itself

26 Likes

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Godsfrezx: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
Since Tinubu win this election, nah so so bad news full this country ooooo

Vote LP Top to Buttom

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by sukkot: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
shocked
Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Sleekfingers: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by wanimo: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
We are determined to change the dynamics of our politics for good. It's a must to retire all these wicked old men causing us untold hardship.

LP from top to bottom next week Saturday

17 Likes

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by mytime24(f): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
Jaga jaga corntree

Under APc

12 Likes

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Emmastan291: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
Uzodimma is a Bad Omen...

Imolites this morning...
There's no government water distribution agency in imo State

12 Likes

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
Imo is one of the states in Nigeria where evil perpetrates and prosper and sometimes I wonder if God has really abandon her people to dine and suffer to the plights of wickedness against their wish

Hope Uzordina is ofcoursse the chief commander of the evil perpetratorsangry angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Ofunaofu: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Royceey(m): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
Nigeria which way again common Man does not have access to his money saved in the bank to survive and this again!

12 Likes

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by nony43(m): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
APC is an evil party. I bet GEJ will be regretting his mistakes of 2015

13 Likes

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Risingblue008(m): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2023
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by SleekyP(m): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow by Toneypen247(m): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2023
Hmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio Wept As He Mocked PDP At A Rally In Akwa Ibom / Desmond Elliot Undergoes Accreditation With Grandma (photo) / Sowore Appears In Court For The First Time Since Arrest : Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.