Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

For Those Heating Up Ethnic Tensions: Nigeria's Demographics Is Changed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Heating Up Ethnic Tensions: Nigeria's Demographics Is Changed (388 Views)

Why Is Peter Obi Not Tapping Into This Golden But Silent Demographics? / What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Heating Up Ethnic Tensions: Nigeria's Demographics Is Changed by LocalStandard1(m): 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
Please, read on....

There's this new rave and trend among a group of people, for example, an Ahmadu Bello video is making rounds online, one of him saying things about the Igbos of Nigeria, that with many other such gimmicks.

Now, what many of those people heating up ethnic and tribal tensions on SM fail to smell and understand is that Nigeria today is different from Nigeria of more than fifty years ago.
More than fifty years ago there was apprehension and distrust by Nigerians from all regions for Igbos. I have listened and heard stories about the issues of old from those who were alive then, I have compared them to the ones we have now, and they are entirely different. Let me demonstrate....

Some months ago when Peter Obi started his campaigns and awareness for his Presidency the most biggest question and even humor was "how will Nigerians accept and vote an Igbo man?" Some joked others laughed at the prospect. Yet this man kept going, he kept believing, he kept pushing and communicating. I remembered making many a post rallying Northern Christians to an Obi Presidency. See here.....
https://www.nairaland.com/7236884/northern-minorities-what-next-it

Little did many know Peter Obi will eat deep into the North even among the Muslim North, doing something never seen before in Nigeria's history with a small, unknown Political Party. Peter Obi won many Northern States and those he didn't win he did very well in.

There's a feeling in Nigeria today, there's also a shift, a demographic and Consciousness change towards the Igbos of Nigeria. If you go through my posts maybe you might see I put many predictions together and they don't fail, except in SELETION type conditions we're met with. wink

A war or quarrel in Nigeria today targeted at the Igbos will not turn out the way the instigators are planning. The only "Igbophobia" in Nigeria today as it is is mostly in an isolated part of Nigeria, championed by Social Media warriors.

You who continue to think Peter Obi or the Labour Party is an Igbo project is still leaving in the past and are in an isolated part of the Social Media market. When you finally push the madness to the streets you will be disappointed at the response from Nigerians in all regions. The South South, Middle Belt, parts and parts of the North, Nigeria is different now and it has unfortunately left you behind.

Be warned dear friend, it will definitely not turn out the way you think. You will get burned and very badly you shall!!

@LocalStandard is Gwong by tribe from Southern Kaduna, so come at him as he is!
Re: For Those Heating Up Ethnic Tensions: Nigeria's Demographics Is Changed by Denoh68: 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2023
LocalStandard1:
Please, read on....

There's this new rave and trend among a group of people, for example, an Ahmadu Bello video is making rounds online, one of him saying things about the Igbos of Nigeria, that with many other such gimmicks.

Now, what many of those people heating up ethnic and tribal tensions on SM fail to smell and understand is that Nigeria today is different from Nigeria of more than fifty years ago.
More than fifty years ago there was apprehension and distrust by Nigerians from all regions for Igbos. I have listened and heard stories about the issues of old from those who were alive then, I have compared them to the ones we have now, and they are entirely different. Let me demonstrate....

Some months ago when Peter Obi started his campaigns and awareness for his Presidency the most biggest question and even humor was "how will Nigerians accept and vote an Igbo man?" Some joked others laughed at the prospect. Yet this man kept going, he kept believing, he kept pushing and communicating. I remembered making many a post rallying Northern Christians to an Obi Presidency. See here.....
https://www.nairaland.com/7236884/northern-minorities-what-next-it

Little did many know Peter Obi will eat deep into the North even among the Muslim North, doing something never seen before in Nigeria's history with a small, unknown Political Party. Peter Obi won many Northern States and those he didn't win he did very well in.

There's a feeling in Nigeria today, there's also a shift, a demographic and Consciousness change towards the Igbos of Nigeria. If you go through my posts maybe you might see I put many predictions together and they don't fail, except in SELETION type conditions we're met with. wink

A war or quarrel in Nigeria today targeted at the Igbos will not turn out the way the instigators are planning. The only "Igbophobia" in Nigeria today as it is is mostly in an isolated part of Nigeria, championed by Social Media warriors.

You who continue to think Peter Obi or the Labour Party is an Igbo project is still leaving in the past and are in an isolated part of the Social Media market. When you finally push the madness to the streets you will be disappointed at the response from Nigerians in all regions. The South South, Middle Belt, parts and parts of the North, Nigeria is different now and it has unfortunately left you behind.

Be warned dear friend, it will definitely not turn out the way you think. You will get burned and very badly you shall!!

@LocalStandard is Gwong by tribe from Southern Kaduna, so come at him as he is!
SIR,GOD WILL KEEP YOU,ALIVE FOR STUDYING THE SITUATION AND BRINGING UP THIS WRITE-UP,YOU ARE TRULY AN EDUCATED AND WISE PERSON.SIR I WISH I CAN SEE YOU IN PERSON,THERE ARW THINGS I'D LOVE TO LEARN FROM YOU.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Heating Up Ethnic Tensions: Nigeria's Demographics Is Changed by LocalStandard1(m): 5:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
Denoh68:
SIR,GOD WILL KEEP YOU,ALIVE FOR STUDYING THE SITUATION AND BRINGING UP THIS WRITE-UP,YOU ARE TRULY AN EDUCATED AND WISE PERSON.SIR I WISH I CAN SEE YOU IN PERSON,THERE ARW THINGS I'D LOVE TO LEARN FROM YOU.

Be careful, he who you call "Sir" might be younger than you. wink But thank you to you too Sir!
Re: For Those Heating Up Ethnic Tensions: Nigeria's Demographics Is Changed by Denoh68: 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Be careful, he who you call "Sir" might be younger than you. wink But thank you to you too Sir!
WE DON'T CONSIDER AGE WHEN WE SAY SIR, IT'S A FORMAL WAY OF SHOWING COMRADESHIP, ESPECIALLY WHEN SOMEONE IS INTELLIGENT LIKE US EVEN IF WE HAVEN'T SEEN SOMEONE BEFORE.HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA THANKS SIR.

1 Like

Re: For Those Heating Up Ethnic Tensions: Nigeria's Demographics Is Changed by ollhans45: 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
Don't forget the amalgamation of Nigeria. The marriage has ended since 2014. By right the country is suppose to separate.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Heating Up Ethnic Tensions: Nigeria's Demographics Is Changed by LocalStandard1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
Denoh68:
WE DON'T CONSIDER AGE WHEN WE SAY SIR, IT'S A FORMAL WAY OF SHOWING COMRADESHIP, ESPECIALLY WHEN SOMEONE IS INTELLIGENT LIKE US EVEN IF WE HAVEN'T SEEN SOMEONE BEFORE.HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA THANKS SIR.

You're right! Thank you.
Re: For Those Heating Up Ethnic Tensions: Nigeria's Demographics Is Changed by Denoh68: 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
LocalStandard1:

You're right! Thank you.
WELCOME

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jandor's Wife, Mariam Debunks Separation Rumours (VIDEO) / The Billionaires Behind Tinubu Risking A Revolution / What someone Wrote About Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.