Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,790 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit (527 Views)

Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened / Why Do Nigerians Like Donald Trump? / We Are All Self-made But Only The Successful Would Admit It - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Draslo(m): 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2023
Donald Trump seemed a wonderful prospect in 2017 when he became the 45th president of the United States. He was a break from the norm without prior military or political experience as is the norm in US and even world politics. Donald Trump was drafted into the US army but his billionaire father paid his way out of his son fighting for his country. Just one year in office, we all know how that turned out. By the time he was going out in 2021, he had done more harm than good. During his administration, he withdrew the USA from the Paris Agreement on Climate change mitigation. This agreement is very important to work on environmental protection, and the withdrawal of the USA is a regressive step. Also, he initiated the US-China trade war, which affected many businesses and hence the global economy. Farmers in the USA faced losses because China imposed restrictions on its imports from the USA. Also, racism & white supremacy has increased since Trump’s term to levels last witnessed by African Americans in the 50s and 60s publicly before the Civil Rights bill was passed into law. Trump had been prioritizing some noticeable issues like the Muslim immigration clampdown, challenging the independence of the FBI, bizarre and ill-qualified cabinet selections, antagonizing China and other trading partners for no reason.

This is how the mighty USA became a laughing stock in the international scene by employing an inexperienced leader. A president that initially insisted COVID wasn't real and when he did realize it was, asked his fellow citizens to inject themselves with bleach. A president who was banned by Twitter. A president who believed global warming is lie. The first US president in history who refused to attend the inauguration of his successor (apart from those that died). A president who was loved by certain Nigerians.

I'm just putting this out there for those who want Lagos to go for an inexperienced governor. It is worse here because we know that this governor has a lot of likeness with Donald Trump. Rich kids who don't know jack about the grassroots and for years haven't cared until a political pedestal was presented to them. I would like to see a throwback of GCRV in Makoko before 2023. (You get my drift. E no dey.) We would be making an irreversible damage if we put this inexperienced guy on this pedestal that is PDP masked.

Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by KingofTheStreet: 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2023
So joe biden with all the experience did wat?

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Felabrity: 6:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
I thought GRV will finish distant 6th

Why the articles?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Felabrity: 6:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
KingofTheStreet:
waiting for his reply

Donald is probably the fiercest US president I know of

The whole world was respecting US during his administration

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Draslo(m): 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2023
KingofTheStreet:
Well, for the most part, you will ask what his contribution has been to US politcs. He was the sixth youngest senator in US history in 1972 at the age of 29 years. So goan sit in a corner and face the wall for 10 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by shuttox: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2023
KingofTheStreet:
🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣
Leave that useless post

Tinubu installed Buhari and Buhari messed up now Tinubu came out they are now forcing us on Tinubu

We want GRV!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Draslo(m): 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
shuttox:

🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣
Leave that useless post

Tinubu installed Buhari and Buhari messed up now Tinubu came out they are now forcing us on Tinubu

We want GRV!!!!
Bandwagon mentality.
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Draslo(m): 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
Felabrity:
I thought GCRV will finish distant 6th

Why the articles?
Because the election is always in the hands of the electorate and if they become emotional they will never make wise choices!
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by shuttox: 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2023
Draslo:

Bandwagon mentality.
Tinubu slàve spotted

Draslo:

Because the election is always in the hands of the electorate and if they become emotional they will never make wise choices!
Who do you want??
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Draslo(m): 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2023
shuttox:

Tinubu slàve spotted

Who do you want??
Obidient Zombie, wake up!
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by helinues: 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2023
Those who dey stress themselves about Lagos Guber poll are just learner in politics.

As in the current supporters of GVR, what have they gotten right since 2015? GVR's lose na something imminent cos anything those people touch go turn to salt
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by LikeAking: 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2023
Draslo:
Donald Trump seemed a wonderful prospect in 2017 when he became the 45th president of the United States. He was a break from the norm without prior military or political experience as is the norm in US and even world politics. Donald Trump was drafted into the US army but his billionaire father paid his way out of his son fighting for his country. Just one year in office, we all know how that turned out. By the time he was going out in 2021, he had done more harm than good. During his administration, he withdrew the USA from the Paris Agreement on Climate change mitigation. This agreement is very important to work on environmental protection, and the withdrawal of the USA is a regressive step. Also, he initiated the US-China trade war, which affected many businesses and hence the global economy. Farmers in the USA faced losses because China imposed restrictions on its imports from the USA. Also, racism & white supremacy has increased since Trump’s term to levels last witnessed by African Americans in the 50s and 60s publicly before the Civil Rights bill was passed into law. Trump had been prioritizing some noticeable issues like the Muslim immigration clampdown, challenging the independence of the FBI, bizarre and ill-qualified cabinet selections, antagonizing China and other trading partners for no reason.

This is how the mighty USA became a laughing stock in the international scene by employing an inexperienced leader. A president that initially insisted COVID wasn't real and when he did realize it was, asked his fellow citizens to inject themselves with bleach. A president who was banned by Twitter. A president who believed global warming is lie. The first US president in history who refused to attend the inauguration of his successor (apart from those that died). A president who was loved by certain Nigerians.

I'm just putting this out there for those who want Lagos to go for an inexperienced governor. It is worse here because we know that this governor has a lot of likeness with Donald Trump. Rich kids who don't know jack about the grassroots and for years haven't cared until a political pedestal was presented to them. I would like to see a throwback of GCRV in Makoko before 2023. (You get my drift. E no dey.) We would be making an irreversible damage if we put this inexperienced guy on this pedestal that is PDP masked.

Thank you for your time.

Baba Trump na good leader, under him USA prospared..

Under Biden they are suffering..

Trump was kicked out for selfish reasons...

He is the best so far, for all the hate..

The US are suffering badly now.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by shuttox: 6:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
Draslo:

Obidient Zombie, wake up!
I don gree but stop disturbing us with those useless post

1 Like

Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Draslo(m): 6:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:
Those who dey stress themselves about Lagos Guber poll are just learner in politics.

As in the current supporters of GCVR, what have they gotten right since 2015? GCVR's lose na something imminent cos anything those people touch go turn to salt
Maybe, but it breaks my heart to see people in a bandwagon who'll be driven by whomsoever is controlling their chariot. Most people can't see beyond their noses. E dey pain me
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by helinues: 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
Draslo:

Maybe, but it breaks my heart to see people in a bandwagon who'll be driven by whomsoever is controlling their chariot. Most people can't see beyond their noses. E dey pain me

This mentality of everyone is a king is what's affecting some of their reasonings cos they don't know how to correct each other's even when it's glaring you are making mistakes.

Such mentality is dangerous for the development of a nation
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Draslo(m): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2023
LikeAking:

Baba Trump na good leader, under him USA prospared..🤭

Under Biden they are suffering..

Trump was kicked out for selfish reasons...

He is the best so far, for all the hate..

The US are suffering badly now.

The US is suffering because of Trump's stupid policies that cannot be cleaned up or reversed overnight. White police brutality hasn't reduced but is now getting adequate attention. Trump was kicked out because in every presidential villa on the planet, he was a laughing stock...even in Russia where he has friends
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by AsapTeddy(m): 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2023
Useless writeup from an urchinator suffering from urchinitis.

Suffering and smiling lagosians..

Mumu people
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Draslo(m): 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2023
helinues:

This mentality of everyone is a king is what's affecting some of their reasonings cos they don't know how to correct each other's even when it's glaring you are making mistakes.

Such mentality is dangerous for the development of a nation
Nigeria should cease to exist by 2100. Nobody at the top will agree for restructuring so we're eventually bound for implosion.
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Felabrity: 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2023
Draslo:

go and tell that to people that voted Tinubu that never believed in one Nigeria

Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by LocalStandard1(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
The writer of the post is an unintelligent and lazy stooge. If he was anything else he would have studied the productivity and opinions of the US citizens on the two Presidents before making his poorly constructed post.

Even the Democrats that brought Biden and voted him are ashamed of him, which will be proven when he looses the primaries soon.
His ratings as President is one of the lowest in a long time in America.

GRV being compared with Donald Trump is a compliment and a very honorable and admirable one at that. Trump redefined American politics and after his only single term many citizens of the US even people around the world wait for his return. Go ask CNN how they're fairing with the highest level boycotting by viewers all over the world especially in the USA after all the propaganda against Trump.

But I do not expect an urchin to know this, after all an urchin is an urchin.
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Draslo(m): 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2023
LocalStandard1:
The writer of the post is an unintelligent and lazy stooge. If he was anything else he would have studied the productivity and opinions of the US citizens on the two Presidents before making his poorly constructed post.

Even the Democrats that brought Biden and voted him are ashamed of him, which will be proven when he looses the primaries soon.
His ratings as President is one of the lowest in a long time in America.

GRV being compared with Donald Trump is a compliment and a very honorable and admirable one at that. Trump redefined American politics and after his only single term many citizens of the US even people around the world wait for his return. Go ask CNN how they're fairing with the highest level boycotting by viewers all over the world especially in the USA after all the propaganda against Trump.

But I do not expect an urchin to know this, after all an urchin is an urchin.
Lol, he said I should go and ask CNN. Tell me any lie I said up there. Well, now I know what side of the street you stand on, Obidient Zombie
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by techWriter3: 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
I thing GRV will wrap distant 6th Why the articles
Re: Opinion: GCVR Is More Like Donald Trump Than Most People Would Admit by Delejumi(m): 10:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
I thought I will see an in-depth analysis on this page but nah.
Maybe you did not know that the Paris climate agreement reduces employment rate for United states while India and China among other nations are having a very little demand to reduce their envision compare to US. The trade war you mentioned, I will tackle by asking you what exactly did you think Trump was fighting far, if China impose 35% tariff on goods going to China and US is charging 15%, does that make sense to anybody?
What you don't know is that America had the greatest economy during Trump, unemployment was at all-time low and NASDAQ was at all-time high.
Please, if you don't know tbs nitty gritty of something, don't just come and say why you don't know.
If you want to drag GRV, that is your problem but come with facts not just come base on your personal hatred for someone.

(1) (Reply)

Seun: Chimamanda Adichie Can Make A “Wonderful” Future Minister Of Information / Obi Dumps Churches For Mosques / I Must See New Nigeria Before I Die, 2023 Polls Rigged – Cardinal Onaiyekan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.