Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,057 members, 7,956,949 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun (16672 Views)

Generator Fumes Kill 7 Friends Inside Studio In Bayelsa / How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son / 3 Fast Food Workers Unconscious After Inhaling Generator Fumes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by EgunMogaji2: 10:53am On Mar 13, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
When will Nigeria ever get better? We have all it takes to get it right in the power sector, but corruption won't allow them.

A family of five is gone just kike that because of bad government.

I can remember vividly in 2013 when GEJ privatized the power sector, and he said that in 6 months, Nigerians would be rushing to sell off their generators as scrabs because they won't be needing them again.

10years down the line, what are Nigerians seeing?

If you come to a developed country, you will think they use jazz, but they don't!

I've spent 4years in the United States, and not for a spilt second has electricity gone off.

Which way Nigeria

RIP to the dead.

In my 33 years there we only suffered outages during natural disasters like earthquakes and El Niño winds. Just temporarily and workers working 24/7 to restore power.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by sagitariusbaby(m): 10:59am On Mar 13, 2023
jeromestarks:
This is what will happen to you when you marry a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men.

Check this out.

A woman you did not disvirgin will fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market and you will train another man's child.
The problem she will give you will make you forget to off the generator. Thus, leading to your death .

Many men who married virgins are enjoying a peaceful marriage. Those who did otherwise are currently enduring their marriages.

For a peaceful lasting home, fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage find a virgin woman and marry. Only her deserves your love and devotion.

If you commit to a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by other men, you're commiDEAD.
such open display of st*pidity. Tueh!
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by Capitist(m): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2023
It is saddening to hear about the tragic incident that occurred in Bisodun village in Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State. Five members of a family lost their lives due to inhaling generator fumes. This incident serves as a reminder to all of us about the dangers of using generators improperly.

It is important to take precautions when using generators and ensure that they are placed in open spaces far away from living areas. Inhaling generator fumes for extended periods can be fatal, and it is essential to follow safety guidelines to prevent such incidents from happening.

We extend our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the victims and hope that this tragedy raises awareness about the importance of taking safety measures while using generators.
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by gbengalawal: 11:05am On Mar 13, 2023
Bad news
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by Mummyimbecile(m): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

In my 33 years there we only suffered outages during natural disasters like earthquakes and El Niño winds. Just temporarily and workers working 24/7 to restore power.
I'm telling you bro. I arrived the United States in the winter of 2019, in South Burlington, it was snowing heavily, it brought down some power lines...

I was watching from the window how Green mountain power engineers were working while it's cold outside trying so hard to restore power to neighborhoods that their power has been knocked out.

It made me understand that the difference between a black man and a white man is just our reasoning.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by Joebayo217: 11:51am On Mar 13, 2023
Atiku Generator at it again if Nigeria light can be better I don't see the reasons of using generator

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by tarboshi(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
I'm telling you bro. I arrived the United States in the winter of 2019, in South Burlington, it was snowing heavily, it brought down some power lines...

I was watching from the window how Green mountain power engineers were working while it's cold outside trying so hard to restore power to neighborhoods that their power has been knocked out.

It made me understand that the difference between a black man and a white man is just our reasoning.

Blame the corrupt Nigeria governments since inception.
Many Black Nations in Africa and the Caribbean don't know power outages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by everythinggirly(f): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2023
Omg! This is so disheartening.🥲
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by lyday60(m): 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
SADSADSAD
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by Illegal1(m): 12:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
So sad....

dis remind me of 2005 i lost 4 of my consin brothers to dis generator fumes..

their father is still hrt broken till date...

1 Like

Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by DryMouth: 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2023
Skyfornia:
Rest in peace to them...few days ago I was discussing with my wife and said I wish there should be a law in my estate banning people from putting on their generator between 12 midnight and 6am.

And I wish such law should be extended across the nation. The pollution from people's generator can cause one sleepless night. If you are the type that can't do without light at night, get an inverter and save yourself and your neighbours from health challenges.
So with the epileptic power supply in this country, you want to place a law stopping people from turning on the gen from 12am-6am. You want heat to kill people
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by Onelove508: 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2023
Does it kill instantly?
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by Jojomo: 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2023
I discovered one app where you can get data at ridiculous low price. It is where resellers are getting there data for resale. Google search "Data Factory app by William Synergy Inc." and see for yourself
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by Ybholy(m): 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
Skyfornia:
Rest in peace to them...few days ago I was discussing with my wife and said I wish there should be a law in my estate banning people from putting on their generator between 12 midnight and 6am.

And I wish such law should be extended across the nation. The pollution from people's generator can cause one sleepless night. If you are the type that can't do without light at night, get an inverter and save yourself and your neighbours from health challenges.

U never fight for law of steady light. Na law to ban people from using generator at night. For this very hot/heat weather.

You’re talking about inverter as if it’s easy to afford. How many Nigerian families can afford a standard solar installation? Ndi mmadu sef.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by mechanics(m): 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
So unfortunate, this death is an avoidable one, they should have known what they did was not proper.
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by ferry1: 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
While i commiserate with the dead i also blame the government for their failure to provide electricity, if there is constant light in the country nobody will be talking of using generator as a substitute for electricity. I personally hate the noise coming from the generator, is worrisome
But when you have bad people as leaders, the reverse is the case
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by otokx(m): 2:20pm On Mar 13, 2023
Never leave a generator on over night.
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by oriedebe: 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2023
The danger of generator fumes should be in our educational curriculum from primary 1 to ss3 and even in GNS courses in our Universities.
The ignorance of this is catastrophic and of great consequence.
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by mofadereraira3: 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
Rip to the deadRip to the dead...
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by AskProf: 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2023
plantist:

What about the one that turned himself to the father of the nation. He wasted $16B for 8 years to give Nigerians darkness. He is now the moral police of Nigeria.

Someone has been incharge for the past eight years.
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by zumbigbo(m): 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
Part of over 250,000 who have died from corruption
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
sad sad So unfortunate for the family.Imagine a whole family wiped out just like that,due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
But people should learn from this and take proper precautions when using generators at night,in their homes.
Carbon monoxide is a highly dangerous gas which when inhaled,reacts with the haemoglobin in the blood,to greatly incapacitate the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood.
This reaction is most deadly when the victim is unconscious or sleeping.
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by omonla5: 6:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
May their soul rest in peace. Its unfortunate. They just packed into the newly completed house on Saturday and the incident happened on Tuesdays.
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by Zidoh(m): 7:01pm On Mar 13, 2023
Very sad situation..... May their soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by Tomsaintly: 7:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
May their soul rest in peace.
Re: Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun by meobizy(f): 12:20am On Mar 16, 2023
This news happens every quarter of a year. Do they sleep with the generator inside the house or in a room nearby? Those things are very loud, how does the family not go deaf immediately?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Foods Rich In Iron / Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF / Young 200 Level AAU Medicine Student Dies After Complaining Of Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.