Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy (40970 Views)

Aloy Ejimakor Reacts To Reports Of UK Designating Of IPOB As A Terror Group / Aloy Ejimakor: I’m Receiving Death Threats From IPOB Members / It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by codemaniacs: 6:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Authenticbiz:

We are saying thesame thing. No be person go clear the farm, plant crops, water the crops, weed the farm , before expecting harvest..??

No place on earth can develop itself no matter the amount of resources it has.

I don't know what you mean by resources...
If you mean human beings, then, mind you, the yorubas weren't the only ones occupying Lagos then.

If you mean companies,local industries,. and trade, no be human beings bring those things...

And there aren't any known record showing that only the original settlers in Lagos brought those developments.

Let's be truthful when discussing public issues.

Yorubas were the only ones occupying Lagos, Porto-novo and Cotonou which was one whole place before the e:uropeans invaded and created borders.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Mftivi: 6:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
YorubaRonuuu:
No one is actually asking the igbo's to vacate Lagos, it's just that some of them are ingrat.es, their businesses can't even flourish in their hometowns not until they move to the West but still they're ungrateful stylishly saying Lagos isn't for yoruba's
we should be grateful to you for what ? Abi you hit head for wall when you small ?
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by nedzuby: 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2023
Skyview01:

No insult intended. I believe war may be inevitable at some point in the future the way things are going. There is a limit to human endurance.

Well it’s only the people that have never experienced war would be calling for war.

War has never solved any problem, instead it worsen the problem

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by YorubaRonuuu(m): 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2023
Mftivi:
we should be grateful to you for what ? Abi you hit head for wall when you small ?
you're stupid and you know that.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by thesicilian: 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
Denoh68:
THEN STAY AWAY FROM TRIBALISM. DON'T YOU LOVE PEACE??
What does this even mean? That yorubas are supposed to be tribalistic? I swear to God, talking with some of you is IQ depleting.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by OceanRed(m): 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2023
kayjay69:
It will be hard because these lawmakers do not represent the interest of the people, they represent only their own selfish interests.

YES YOU ARE RIGHT, but the onus fell on the people to make them do their responsibility. wasted efforts on unnecessary agitation all over the country should be directed at them. that is how it is done in other countries, the citizens always direct their anger on the law makers or parliament members as the case may be
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by nonhuman(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

Wrong.

You are first of all your ethnicity before you're Nigerian.

Nigeria is a bri:tish map which groups indigenous African nations/tribes into the location known as Nigeria so someone from a different tribe can never ever have equal stake in another part of Nigeria because that is not the person's ethnic territory.

If you say you're Nigerian then it means you were created by the br:itish and started existing in 1914.

There is no ethnicity called Nigerian.
buy you have been supporting the killing of people to keep what the British created, make una dey get sense oo black people
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Alezy(m): 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

Wrong.

You are first of all your ethnicity before you're Nigerian.

Nigeria is a bri:tish map which groups indigenous African nations/tribes into the location known as Nigeria so someone from a different tribe can never ever have equal stake in another part of Nigeria because that is not the person's ethnic territory.

If you say you're Nigerian then it means you were created by the br:itish and started existing in 1914.

Wow, what a mentality? Please where did you get this from?

Okayyyyy, if you have this kinda mentality then I shouldn't even have an argument with you in the first place cos you almost already blinded your mind on that
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 14, 2023
nedzuby:

Well it’s only the people that have never experienced war would be calling for war.

War has never solved any problem, instead it worsen the problem

It may, I agree. It may also serve to break the country. We may be too fragmented to be in one country. Some people are threatening to deport other people and are you ok with that line of reasoning?
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by ghiloman28(m): 7:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
It obvious in the next 30yrs SE Expecially will be lacking far behind SW, SS and North coz of your SE hate on Nigerians before una come to your senses every region has left you behind. And if not that you are dumb and could not see beyond the mumu’s around you and your inability to read, you should be sensible enough to know Nigeria did not get here coz of buhari administration alone.
Denoh68:
MOST OF YOU YORUBAS ARW VERY SICK IN THE BRAIN,YOUR TRIBALISTIC BEHAVIOR IS DRAGGING NIGERIA BACKWARDS,ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT THE ONES THAT FORCED BUHARI ON NIGERIA,YOUR HYPOCRISY IS SECOND TO NONE.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by GorillaApp(m): 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

Yorubas and Igbos fought each other during the civil war..

the civil war was Yoruba vs Igbo war.

in the 1960s , nzeogwu exhibited such hatred towards Yorubas.

"According to a Nigerian Police Special Branch Report, nzeogwu executed at least 4 army and police security personnel including one of the men on his team (Sergeant Daramola Oyegoke). nzeogwu also participated in the execution of Col. Raph Shodeinde, his superior officer at the Nigerian Military Training College and is reported to have shot indiscriminately at fleeing women and children.."..

the statement above shows pure hatred for Yorubas and a lot of igbos all have this similar behavior towards Yorubas.

The Igbos also tried to attack the SW but we're stopped at Ore.

Before the civil war, Nnamdi Azikwe was also fighting the Yorubas politically because he wanted to be premier of the Yoruba region.
You amuse me grin

You went to dig up war mermories. For your information, the Igbos fought against Nigeria, not yorubas. The Nigerian army comprises of several tribes in Nigeria - the middle belt, the Hausa, the fulanis, yorubas and southern elements. Go and read your history book.

The Igbos, against all odds, march towards Lagos ,( were stopped at Ore) not because it was a Yoruba land and they wanted it, but because it was the capital of Nigeria.
If that war was fought today, they would be marching towards Abuja.
In military campaign, opposing camps march against capital cities because it is the seat of power and once it falls, the war is won.
The fulanis that are systematically taking your lands, killing, raping and maiming are your friends while the Igbos are your enemies.
While you choke on your hatred for Igbos, your land is under threat and Ilorin is already in their pockets.
Pls leave the Igbos out of these your narrative. We don't want your Lagos. We only wanna do business, make money and retire to the east. period. Face your real threat.
I won't respond to any of these half baked sheet you guys are brandishing here
Bye
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by kayjay69(m): 7:45pm On Mar 14, 2023
I would not call agitation wasted efforts.
If people don't agitate the status quo will remain and the status quo is eating each and every one of us on a daily basis.

I encourage agitation. It is agitation that gave birth to this new obidient movement. It is agitation that will get us closer to having the conversations we ought to be having. I remember when there were no agitations, absolutely nothing was happening.

So please, I encourage agitations with meaningful outcomes. And we are not other countries, other countries that you mentioned have one or two things working in their favour, we don't have anything working for us, not one single thing except corruption is working in Nigeria. So comparing us to others is Apples to Oranges.
OceanRed:

YES YOU ARE RIGHT, but the onus fell on the people to make them do their responsibility. wasted efforts on unnecessary agitation all over the country should be directed at them. that is how it is done in other countries, the citizens always direct their anger on the law makers or parliament members as the case may be
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by sukkot: 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
Spandau:

Ah, my broda! Walahi Talabi, I no know say na you o. I no look moniker. I was busy firing those dingbat obidients who are claiming that Lagos is a no man's land then suddenly are recognizing g that there are indigenous Lagosians since they have been able to smuggle Chinedu the mongrel hybrid. My bad!
no shaking chief

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by goslowgoslow(m): 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
Stanweezy:

Who told u they are Igbos, did u speak to them and they responded u with Igbo for u to come up with such conclusion or did u just look at the face of the person that made such callous statement and conclude he's Igbo
Go to Tweeter your questions will be answered. Moreover I have them as friends and I get that all the time.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by OceanRed(m): 7:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
kayjay69:
I would not call agitation wasted efforts.
If people don't agitate the status quo will remain and the status quo is eating each and every one of us on a daily basis.

I encourage agitation. It is agitation that gave birth to this new obidient movement. It is agitation that will get us closer to having the conversations we ought to be having. I remember when there were no agitations, absolutely nothing was happening.

So please, I encourage agitations with meaningful outcomes. And we are not other countries, other countries that you mentioned have one or two things working in their favour, we don't have anything working for us, not one single thing except corruption is working in Nigeria. So comparing us to others is Apples to Oranges.
well you are right, hopefully we will get there one day. new nations need to emerge from this current contraption we are calling country. we cant make any meaningful progress with this current set up
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Proudlyomonna: 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2023
Boldkrammy:

In that case you are a compound fool. (Efulufu) one who does not care when you are carried away from your father's compound. If an Igbo blood runs in you, you would feel the pain of other tribes always lashing out on igbos not minding their contributions and cordiality over the years. How many of other tribes care to invest in the Igbo region. How much have they contributed in the development of the Igbo nation. Igbos have invested in Lagos from the begining and can not I repeat cannot be treated as nobody in Lagos.

Lagos is no man's land and every single person in Lagos is a visitor. I am not afraid to engage vagabonds of your type, I respect yorubas in everyway but you see this Lagos and Igbo issue, I stand with Lagos is no man's land and everyone is a visitor including the governors and the Obas not excluding Tinubu!

You are such a senseless animal to think that joining foolish People do senseless tribal hate makes you better.
You think like an animal,biko rest you are not sounding ok at all.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2023
Tee2027:

Oh my God see painment!!!
South East na Hot Cake,,
if una do nonsense 4 Lagos against Igbos I call de Nigerian Army 2 treat una Afonja Fuckup
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by kayjay69(m): 8:39pm On Mar 14, 2023
God bless you, this we can agree on.
OceanRed:

well you are right, hopefully we will get there one day. new nations need to emerge from this current contraption we are calling country. we cant make any meaningful progress with this current set up
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Princewell2012(m): 8:40pm On Mar 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

Yorubas and Igbos fought each other during the civil war..

the civil war was Yoruba vs Igbo war.

in the 1960s , nzeogwu exhibited such hatred towards Yorubas.

"According to a Nigerian Police Special Branch Report, nzeogwu executed at least 4 army and police security personnel including one of the men on his team (Sergeant Daramola Oyegoke). nzeogwu also participated in the execution of Col. Raph Shodeinde, his superior officer at the Nigerian Military Training College and is reported to have shot indiscriminately at fleeing women and children.."..

the statement above shows pure hatred for Yorubas and a lot of igbos all have this similar behavior towards Yorubas.

The Igbos also tried to attack the SW but we're stopped at Ore.

Before the civil war, Nnamdi Azikwe was also fighting the Yorubas politically because he wanted to be premier of the Yoruba region.
This is what you were told, but it is not the fact. However a lot of kids on nairaland don't know anything about the civil war.
We are trying to be diplomatic this time.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Thermodynamics(m): 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

So yes you're a foreigner in parts of Nigeria you're not indigenous to.

It means Igbos are right for trying to call for a referendum, why is it that the Yorubas have not joined the Igbos in their struggle to divide the Country and correct the mistake made by the British? Instead, you guys clammor for one Nigeria, yet you still say Igbos are foreigners in Lagos, how does that make sense?

Stay one side, if you say Igbos are foreigners in Lagos then try to fight for a referendum too so that oduduwa and Biafra republic can become a country and everyone will go to where they belong.
Otherwise, you have no right to call an Igbo man a foreigner in his own country Lagos
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
Jemex003:

Oponu ni eeeeeeee

Hmmmm.....the same way those kids talk...
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by nedzuby: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
Skyview01:

It may, I agree. It may also serve to break the country. We may be too fragmented to be in one country. Some people are threatening to deport other people and are you ok with that line of reasoning?

And you think when we break everything will alright?

It will never be. We just need to learn how to respect other and live in harmony with everyone.

We all need ourselves. The moment we begin to think we are more superior than others, that if it is not our ideology it is never. Then we will start having issues.

We need to understand that though we are different we are one

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Freebills12: 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
codemaniacs:

There's a port in Rivers state called "port Harcourt".
There are also:
Calabar port
Onne port
Warri port..

SE and SS have 4 ports

Non of is working, intentionally closed by FG. GEJ open them when he was president but were officially closed by Buhari. A Yuroba president will never allow them to see the light of the day neither will a northerner. Rail way and sea port in South East and South South were the major reason why Obi presidential candidacy gain more support.

while the SW only has 2 ports.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by codemaniacs: 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2023
GorillaApp:

You amuse me grin

You went to dig up war mermories. For your information, the Igbos fought against Nigeria, not yorubas. The Nigerian army comprises of several tribes in Nigeria - the middle belt, the Hausa, the fulanis, yorubas and southern elements. Go and read your history book.

The Igbos, against all odds, march towards Lagos ,( were stopped at Ore) not because it was a Yoruba land and they wanted it, but because it was the capital of Nigeria.
If that war was fought today, they would be marching towards Abuja.
In military campaign, opposing camps march against capital cities because it is the seat of power and once it falls, the war is won.
The fulanis that are systematically taking your lands, killing, raping and maiming are your friends while the Igbos are your enemies.
While you choke on your hatred for Igbos, your land is under threat and Ilorin is already in their pockets.
Pls leave the Igbos out of these your narrative. We don't want your Lagos. We only wanna do business, make money and retire to the east. period. Face your real threat.
I won't respond to any of these half baked sheet you guys are brandishing here
Bye

This is what you don't understand.. the moment Igbos decided to March to Lagos it became a Igbo vs Yoruba war and no longer Igbo vs North war..

Igbos never fought against Nigeria, Igbos killed mainly Hausa and Yoruba leaders so it was first Igbo vs Hausa war and then Igbo vs Yoruba war.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Sacrosanct12(m): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

Other tribes are not bringing anything to Lagos that is not already available in Lagos or other Yoruba states.

Lagos or the SW can never be affected or be a shadow of itself if other tribes leave Lagos.

the SW will trade with Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana and Siera Leone..
wisdom sha far from you. If you leave Yoruba with their usual character they will sell off Lagos to those people.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by codemaniacs: 10:06pm On Mar 14, 2023
Princewell2012:

This is what you were told, but it is not the fact. However a lot of kids on nairaland don't know anything about the civil war.
We are trying to be diplomatic this time.

I wasn't told..

I have read Nigeria's history several times.

I have compared Igbo behavior of today to the behavior of Igbo leaders of the 1960s.

So don't tell me it's not fact..

Igbos have never been diplomatic and you can never be diplomatic so stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by codemaniacs: 10:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
Thermodynamics:

It means Igbos are right for trying to call for a referendum, why is it that the Yorubas have not joined the Igbos in their struggle to divide the Country and correct the mistake made by the British? Instead, you guys clammor for one Nigeria, yet you still say Igbos are foreigners in Lagos, how does that make sense?

Stay one side, if you say Igbos are foreigners in Lagos then try to fight for a referendum too so that oduduwa and Biafra republic can become a country and everyone will go to where they belong.
Otherwise, you have no right to call an Igbo man a foreigner in his own country Lagos

Igbos never ever called for a referendum.

Igbos killed the political leaders of Hausa and Yoruba and thought that they won't retaliate..

Igbos already corrected the mistake the B:ritish made by abolishing regionalism and changing it to a unitary government.

With regionalism, the B:ritish and other foreign investors would have had to talk to the regional premier of the region they wanted to invest in and other local leaders and not the president of the country,which means less room for corruption.

But with unitary, they would only need to talk to the president and can sway the president which creates more room for corruption.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by codemaniacs: 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2023
Freebills12:

Non of is working, intentionally closed by FG. GEJ open them when he was president but were officially closed by Buhari. A Yuroba president will never allow them to see the light of the day neither will a northerner. Rail way and sea port in South East and South South were the major reason why Obi presidential candidacy gain more support.

Lies..

They are working perfectly.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Thermodynamics(m): 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

Igbos never ever called for a referendum.

Igbos killed the political leaders of Hausa and Yoruba and thought that they won't retaliate..

Igbos already corrected the mistake the B:ritish made by abolishing regionalism and changing it to a unitary government.

With regionalism, the B:ritish and other foreign investors would have had to talk to the regional premier of the region they wanted to invest in and other local leaders and not the president of the country,which means less room for corruption.

But with unitary, they would only need to talk to the president and can sway the president which creates more room for corruption.

Stop saying nonsense "Igbos killed the political leaders of Hausa and Yoruba and thought that they won't retaliate"

When did that happen?
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by olas24u(f): 2:44am On Mar 15, 2023
Truthdeypain:

You are not as unintelligent as I wanted to suggest, which is why I have come to hate some of you people passionately, I beleive you are an educated fellow, yet you will stoop low to play dumb and act the fool, by making unsound and quite frankly inferior and disgraceful arguments.

My precious time cannot be wasted on fools, I only insult fools and move on, because I beleive you know better you just chose stupidity because of your racist and tribalistic ideals.

Just read your write up. Igbos have been voting with one pattern since time immemorial, regardless of the political backlash, they have supported your ancestors in the past [as I am sure you know], they have literally supported everyone else. Yet no one will ever give them any opportunity, nor support them. Name one time your people have ever supported igbos, just one. But I know of course you know all this..yet you draw out an unsound logic of some party ppl voting Tinubu and whatever rubbish else you said, a very simplistic and unreasonable argument.

You know ya'll got nothing on igbos, just carry your racist sef waka and no dey quote me again abeg. You are very dumb.

It's impossible for everyone to vote one party when we are not in China or soviet union union.And you call yourself intelligent,?Any one that voted an alternative party were harassed, intimidated ,persecuted ,harmed,attack in East of nigeri,does are some of the videos that will be presented at the tribunal.other people are friendly with you ,accommodating but you don't allow people in your own space.if qe chase you away we can replace you people with Cypriots, Turkish, Indians,Lebanese, togolese.That was the way Western Nigeria looked like before you guys arrived in 80,s to lagos.just 80,s you claimed your built everywhere.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by olas24u(f): 2:51am On Mar 15, 2023
Truthdeypain:

You are not as unintelligent as I wanted to suggest, which is why I have come to hate some of you people passionately, I beleive you are an educated fellow, yet you will stoop low to play dumb and act the fool, by making unsound and quite frankly inferior and disgraceful arguments.

My precious time cannot be wasted on fools, I only insult fools and move on, because I beleive you know better you just chose stupidity because of your racist and tribalistic ideals.

Just read your write up. Igbos have been voting with one pattern since time immemorial, regardless of the political backlash, they have supported your ancestors in the past [as I am sure you know], they have literally supported everyone else. Yet no one will ever give them any opportunity, nor support them. Name one time your people have ever supported igbos, just one. But I know of course you know all this..yet you draw out an unsound logic of some party ppl voting Tinubu and whatever rubbish else you said, a very simplistic and unreasonable argument.

You know ya'll got nothing on igbos, just carry your racist sef waka and no dey quote me again abeg. You are very dumb.
Welcome to a née era,those things you have avoided, we will now implement,we will restructure Nigeria ,and we will see the real beneficiaries of one nigeria. You will know you live on oil and port money ,all from 2 regions of Nigeria. All those your gra gra will end ,after they structure the country ,do another coup you here.nonsense.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by OceanRed(m): 6:55am On Mar 15, 2023
kayjay69:
God bless you, this we can agree on. Amen and you too

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

PDP Rally In Ibadan (pictures) / Goodluck Jonathan's House Burgled In Abuja / Man Caught While Trying To Deliver Pistols To Gun Runner In Calabar. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.