Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender (90281 Views)

Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Silentflute1234: 7:17am On Mar 14, 2023
FELLOW NIGERIANS! THEY'VE ALREADY STARTED DESTRUCTION OF THE OLD CURRENCIES TO A VERY LARGE QUANTITY AND EXTEND!

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by rookidmart: 7:19am On Mar 14, 2023
blowjohn:

This limit is one of the reasons banks can decide to pay people 2k, 5k, or 10k max.
No. That's not the reason. The reason is that they don't have enough cash on hand so they ration the available one.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Prettygirl200(f): 7:22am On Mar 14, 2023
Crumbian:

God will not have mercy on you, that should be clear by now. F..ucking have mercy on yourselves! angry
urchin spotted,when I was commenting I didn't mention your name, so please take your miserable life out of my mention or u can crawl back into your hole.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Raysleek: 7:24am On Mar 14, 2023
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Crumbian: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2023
stabilizer:

What nonsense did you just wrote bro? Why did you quoted the other person when your sense of reasoning doesn't understand the danger ahead of Lagosians is they mistakenly vote for that little rat called Gbadebo Rhodes V... He lacks the capacity ability and vision to rule a state like Lagos. Please if you don't understand, kindly go and check his manifesto and come back to reply me. If try to say any rubbish further, the whole world will be disappointed in you.

Can you even read? My post didn't disagree with the guy. He mention LP's manifesto in Lagos and I talked about the fact that their manifesto in Kwara is similar.

"If try to say any rubbish further" as if you can do anything but type till your finger start to peel off. cheesy
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 7:27am On Mar 14, 2023
Parachoko:
Stop wasting your time on that thing

Some small boys here, need to be taught a lesson.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by ocloud(m): 7:28am On Mar 14, 2023
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 7:29am On Mar 14, 2023
blowjohn:

Ur saying will still be reviewed. Supreme court said it's illegal.

When will it be reviewed?

This limit is one of the reasons banks can decide to pay people 2k, 5k, or 10k max.

The most important thing now, is for SMEs to revive their dying/dead businesses, with the old notes back in circulation.

And you decided to turn a blind eye to the above bolded because of your fruitless argument.

When you have something meaningful to say, quote me.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Ray02: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2023
kernniejay:
BAT will sack Emefiele.
Lol. Even if he didn't do this policy, he would not work with the next govt. Oppositions have been talking about iow clueless yhe guy has been for months, people calling for his head now where the one calling those people wailers then.

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Crumbian: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2023
Prettygirl200:
urchin spotted,when I was commenting I didn't mention your name, so please take your miserable life out of my mention or u can crawl back into your hole.

You obviously don't get it. grin cheesy
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 7:40am On Mar 14, 2023
seeyounow:
embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided

Stop spreading false information.

So, there are only 3 Federal Universities in the South-West, according to your private data

1. UI
2. OAU
3. FUTA
4. FUNAAB
5. FUOYE
etc

Are they not in the South-West
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by descartes400: 7:40am On Mar 14, 2023
LegendHero:
The court should have declared warrant of arrest against this Elemiwele since and make sure he is jailed for 10 years with hard labor.

The man purposely plunged the nation into needless cash scarcity coupled with the inability of the banking system architecture to handle concurrent cash transactions which resulted into irregular transfers and loss of money.

Buhari government usually always just reinvent the wheel to cause more hardship. Now the economy is deeply affected and we’ve lost lot of things to this cash nonsense.

I’m sure even Elemiewele will not be able to pinpoint to one thing we gained as a nation from this nonsense.

You see ba, the Army chief that provided security to the CBN governor in order to prevent the DSS from arresting the governor should be retired from the Army immediately the new government takes over.

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by moseslarry(m): 7:43am On Mar 14, 2023
ufuosman:
ur own dey learn work for my own😂😂😂😂

I inisist, you both have not suffered as me, my wife and my 1yr old son suffered.

Couple with the fact that I lost my job last year, we practically have no hope other than to be drinking day in day out.

I swear to God 1yr old boy drink gari to the extent he recognizes the cup he uses to drink it, whenever he sees the cup, he start crying and at that point, it breaks me that I shed tears and I hate my life.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by JuanDeDios: 7:44am On Mar 14, 2023
izenco2005:
After hungry done wipe me tire grin
You dey mind them. Were ni Emefiele.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Pojomojo: 7:46am On Mar 14, 2023
sslcrypt:

STFU you just a coward. Please let kidnapping resume since sense is far away from you guys.
No nah, but did you notice that all crime related to money was almost reduced?
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by ElijahIme1992(m): 7:46am On Mar 14, 2023
izenco2005:
After hungry done wipe me tire grin
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool at least u never die na, wat of people wey do die as a result of this useless policy..
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by JuanDeDios: 7:46am On Mar 14, 2023
MuchAdo:
Okay o

I am not excited at all angry

Buhari and Emefiele will still not die well... angry

Have the banks been directed to collect the old notes without CBN code or not
I think for now the morally bankrupt and incompetent duo are still holding on the code like tattered rags. But they'll abandon it eventually.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 7:46am On Mar 14, 2023
alabo1:

I agree and disagree. The Old notes are largely out of circulation. Most have been returned to the banks.
The banks can now disburse these significantly increasing cash flow in the system.
While true that individuals having such high volume of old notes will capitalize on it, within a few weeks of increased cash flow that will also end

Don't mind them.

They keep saying old notes are scarce, as if they're not in Nigeria when the notes were rendered useless.

I still know a woman (school owner) with over 100K of old notes, that were used to pay children's school fees, before the redesign brouhaha

I know another POS guy with lots of old notes, but people rejected it from him, since CBN kept mute.

I believe many people still have the old notes in custody, coupled with the ones that were deposited at various bank branches & the CBN branches, nationwide.

A lot of closed minded people are just trying to stir up fear in the mind of the readers in this forum.

The old notes are still very much available.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Pojomojo: 7:46am On Mar 14, 2023
moseslarry:

I inisist, you both have not suffered as me, my wife and my 1yr old son suffered.

Couple with the fact that I lost my job last year, we practically have no hope other than to be drinking day in day out.

I swear to God 1yr old boy drink gari to the extent he recognizes the cup he uses to drink it, whenever he sees the cup, he start crying and at that point, it breaks me that I shed tears and I hate my life.
Would you vote APC for governorshio elections in your region?
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by moseslarry(m): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2023
[quote author=JuanDeDios post=121724590]
You dey mind them. Were ni Emefiele.[/quote

Both the money in the bank account and cash, I’m less concerned about it cos I have none, I’m hope less. All I need is a job
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by incandescentena: 7:48am On Mar 14, 2023
Silentflute1234:
FELLOW NIGERIANS! THEY'VE ALREADY STARTED DESTRUCTION OF THE OLD CURRENCIES TO A VERY LARGE QUANTITY AND EXTEND!
WOW....THE POLITICIANS STILL HAS LARGE AMOUNT STACHED IN CORNERS.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by HellVictorinho7: 7:48am On Mar 14, 2023
NIGERIAisComedy:

Watch as people come to blame Obi and Atiku that are in no way afilliated with this government.

Yet they exalt Bulaba, that brought mad hardship to Nigerians in the form of BuBU, all because of EMI LO KAN.

Bulaba brought NEPA bill herdsman ex coup plotter and the people rejoiced, singing, praise you Bulaba, for you have brought us BUBU.

Sane minds were and still are befuddled, perplexed, disoriented, bemused, but most importantly, they were/are CORNfused at how Nigerians will chose characters like BuBU and BuLaBa.

Nigeria is a Comedy and the joke is on us.
obi supported it
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 7:49am On Mar 14, 2023
obawinner:

Fraud statistics
Futa,funnab, fuoye,ui, unilag, oau
One federal uni per state

He keeps spreading false statistics here & there, as if everyone is dumb in this forum.

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by HellVictorinho7: 7:50am On Mar 14, 2023
Pojomojo:
No nah, but did you notice that all crime related to money was almost reduced?
spits
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by moseslarry(m): 7:50am On Mar 14, 2023
Pojomojo:
Would you vote APC for governorshio elections in your region?

I have never done that all my life. All I want is a job and at the moment, I’m seriously thinking on how to go about this day cos this boy must not see the cup not to talk of gari this morning. Here I am both in the account and cash at hand I have none.

I’m so sad now.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by CHAQUR: 7:52am On Mar 14, 2023
To hell with everyone from Buhari to Emefiele and those that supported this killer policy from its start because they believed it was meant for Tinubu to failed. Ntor....!

Emefiele should make the cash available in abundance..
Ẹ fún mi ní CASH....!

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by incandescentena: 7:53am On Mar 14, 2023
descartes400:

You see ba, the Army chief that provided security to the CBN governor in order to prevent the DSS from arresting the governor should be retired from the Army immediately the new government takes over.
Yes. Penple needs to be punish severely for their actions
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by HellVictorinho7: 7:53am On Mar 14, 2023
they have come again
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 7:54am On Mar 14, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:
People, especially in Lagos, will still not accept the old #500 and #1000 until Emefiele or Buhari says so - on TV or radio.
Trust me, some people will want to do a voice verification to be sure it's them speaking.

Once the bank branches start collecting & dispensing the notes, people will surely comply.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by HellVictorinho7: 7:57am On Mar 14, 2023
moseslarry:

hmmmmnn
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by jonuel1(m): 7:57am On Mar 14, 2023
EgobiambuEmmanuel:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/03/13/breaking-cbn-breaks-silence-says-old-n200-n500-n1000-notes-remain-legal-tender-till-dec-31/

Because election is around the corner and the powers that be knows the game have changed.

This country ain't ready for progress with all these back and forth policy summersault
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by incandescentena: 7:58am On Mar 14, 2023
kernniejay:
BAT will sack Emefiele.
Sacked, arrested & jailed. Emefiele will suffer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Kyari Is A Billionaire With Posh Houses, Sells Seized Cars - Sahara Reporters / Buhari's Son Yusuf Spotted For The First Time(photos) / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.