Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender (90183 Views)

Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by HomeTutorsPro: 4:57am On Mar 14, 2023
People, especially in Lagos, will still not accept the old #500 and #1000 until Emefiele or Buhari says so - on TV or radio.
Trust me, some people will want to do a voice verification to be sure it's them speaking.

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by TeamXola(m): 4:59am On Mar 14, 2023
God will punish these people for toying with humans lives. God will kill everyone of them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by hspda: 5:18am On Mar 14, 2023
NIGERIAisComedy:

people have died from the stress of no currency, inflation and so on

It was your type then that used to brag that they will cry

They have cried, and some have died. Does that satisfy the blood quota your gods demand from you?

Oh, you still want more NIgerians to cry more

I see

You don't need to cry over spilled milk, just look at brighter side this press release has given you.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Parachoko: 5:27am On Mar 14, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Obi and Atiku should NEVER be blamed for their Responses!

Both are not in APC and ONLY responded to Information available to them. sad

U should be blaming Buhari and the Devilish, Clueless, USELESS APC party who bought up this Policy! undecided
People with common sense knows the cashless policy will not work with how the CBN Governor was rushing things

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by goodnewscliff(m): 5:29am On Mar 14, 2023
NigeriaTalk:
No be CBN governor sign am ooo. Make oga at the top drop his own make he sign am himself. To me it's still fake news Sha. If you understand me like my comment
it there on their official website.u can visit and confirm it yourself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by edydeyemi(m): 5:29am On Mar 14, 2023
The theory was good and innovative. But the implementation was a complete disaster; the latest amongst the collections of disasters and policy somersaults by the current administration. angry angry

Now we are back to square-one. No repercussions for those who failed to perform their duties, no apologies from the government for the untold hardships meted out to Nigerians... nothing. Just one lousy letter, and that's it. God help us in this country.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by goodnewscliff(m): 5:30am On Mar 14, 2023
missyblissy:
Till that cbn governor say something about it and i dont believe it.
its on their official website.
It official. You can go nd confirm it yourself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by goodnewscliff(m): 5:31am On Mar 14, 2023
NigeriaTalk:
No be CBN governor sign am ooo. Make oga at the top drop his own make he sign am himself. To me it's still fake news Sha. If you understand me like my comment
it official. It is on their official website. You can as well confirm it yourself

6 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Parachoko: 5:34am On Mar 14, 2023
copyrites:

You're wise.

Those rejoicing over this news are extremely f00lish.

The N200 note was "released" a few weeks ago. What difference did it make? None at all.

CBN has already destroyed your old notes.
Most of the old notes are still with the commercial banks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by gassbee: 5:35am On Mar 14, 2023
stonemasonn:
Lol, Buhari will always abandon you and claim innocent.
just see how d guy just abandon them, just wash him hands commot for the matter .
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Parachoko: 5:36am On Mar 14, 2023
blowjohn:
U people don't know what's coming.

Question 1.

Where are the old notes?

If u think u will see ebof notes to hold ur all on a long thing.

This is a psychological trick.

Will they increase the amount one can withdraw from the bank

If no, then ur on a long thing.
Do you have evidence there are no more old notes?
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Parachoko: 5:40am On Mar 14, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Educated illiterate.

I would like to Inform you that Unfortunately the Old Notes is not coming back to Circulation.
Is there an information you have access to that we don't? Are you working at the CBN?
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by truthisgood: 5:47am On Mar 14, 2023
THE WICKED SHALL NEVER GO UNPUNISHED

THE BLOOD OF MANY THAT DEID UNDER THE PROCESS OF THIS ELECTION AND NAIRA SWAP

WILL BE ON THE HEAD OF BUHARI AND THIS CBN GOVERNOR....I rest my case!!!
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Abeyjide: 5:52am On Mar 14, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:
People, especially in Lagos, will still not accept the old #500 and #1000 until Emefiele or Buhari says so - on TV or radio.
Trust me, some people will want to do a voice verification to be sure it's them speaking.

The moment the memo is received by the concerned banks, they will comply. That is all

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by seunmsg(m): 5:54am On Mar 14, 2023
In saner climes, Godwin Emefiele would be forced to resign as CBN governor immediately. He made a complete mess of the Naira redesign policy and then turned the CBN to the playground of politicians. Never have I imagined we would one day have a CBN governor who would use monetary policies to fight political battles.

If this guy refuse to resign immediately, Bola Tinubu has just one job on 29th May, fire him and order his immediate arrest. Emefiele must spend the rest of his miserable life in jail. He must pay for the hardship Nigerians have been through in the last two months.

7 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Parachoko: 5:54am On Mar 14, 2023
GEJDHERO:
I pity Emefiele..... Buhari abandoned him in the heat of the moment.It was a nice policy that would have yielded good results at the end of the day... notwithstanding the pain the masses went through.Serious vote buying would take on Saturday 18th... kidnapping for ransom that had seemingly disappeared wud be back in full force now.Emefiele do not dispair... you wud be vindicated at the end of the day
So is the job of the CBN to fight kidnapping and vote buying?
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Parachoko: 5:55am On Mar 14, 2023
QQIA:

At least the aim was achieved.😎

Some people don embrace cashless.

More businesses accepting payments by card😎
If only you know the kind of damage this policy have done to some business and the kind of hardship it has cause

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by OyinO: 5:55am On Mar 14, 2023
These men, Emefulefu and Buhari did not suffer in this country. During their days as kids and young teenagers, they enjoyed FREE EDUCATION SCHEMES rampant back in the days. Then he proceeded to military training where Government takes care of feeding and still pay stipends. After graduation or passing out, he begins to enjoy life as a military officer. He then rose to the height of becoming a military Head of State or President. Today, he's still ruling in old age. Therefore, they're insensitive to the plight of the ordinary citizens because they are privileged opportunists and beneficiaries who didn't taste hardship.
When people like that rules, the generality of the citizens are bound to suffer untold hardship and misery. Same with expired politicians allowed to come back to rule after embezzling all the funds meant for Constituency projects. Coming back again and again will never guarantee that they'll deliver. The leopard can never change its spots. The huge sums of money they have accumulated over the long years of being in power will never allow them to feel or perceive the sufferings or expectations of their deprived people wallowing in various degrees of hardship. That's why we are supposed to vote wisely this time around.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Parachoko: 5:56am On Mar 14, 2023
Karlifate:

Wretched boy from a lineage of mad people.

Good to see the eulogy of the failures that birthed you into inherited neverending frustration.

Keep bleating. cheesy
Stop wasting your time on that thing
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by lilhoodie(m): 5:57am On Mar 14, 2023
After the money scarcity has killed alot of citizens God will judge you all .
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by stabilizer: 6:02am On Mar 14, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Don't you ever Blame Obi or Atiku for Anything, OK?

The Naira Policy was a CONFUSING one, which Nobody understood the Schemes and Antics of CBN, APC and Buhari.
It was a Cat and Mouse, Tricky Chess game! sad

U can see dat even Atiku supported and later recanted. embarassed

Why DONT you Guys Ever blame Buhari who is the President and Call for his Arrest or Impeachment? 😕

Are PETER OBI and Atiku APC members? undecided
Do They Stay in Aso Rock? ☹️

Seriously

So someone who wants to lead a population of over 200m and a country like Nigeria (at this era of economic recession and recovery to save our ass) doesn't know what, how and where such a sentive policy would arrive at, especially using the time frame and election as a factor to do the calculation. Buhari get sense pass you, OBI AND ATIKU.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by tfelicityk(m): 6:06am On Mar 14, 2023
Hypocrisy of the highest order...
Shame upon the institution
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by stabilizer: 6:06am On Mar 14, 2023
Crumbian:

I saw the Manifesto for their Kwara state candidate and laughed. It's just way too generic and petty.

Well, LP can't afford to fail in Lagos if they eventually win cos if they fail Peter Obi is ruined cheesy

What nonsense did you just wrote bro? Why did you quoted the other person when your sense of reasoning doesn't understand the danger ahead of Lagosians is they mistakenly vote for that little rat called Gbadebo Rhodes V... He lacks the capacity ability and vision to rule a state like Lagos. Please if you don't understand, kindly go and check his manifesto and come back to reply me. If try to say any rubbish further, the whole world will be disappointed in you.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by stabilizer: 6:09am On Mar 14, 2023
GEJDHERO:
I pity Emefiele..... Buhari abandoned him in the heat of the moment.It was a nice policy that would have yielded good results at the end of the day... notwithstanding the pain the masses went through.Serious vote buying would take on Saturday 18th... kidnapping for ransom that had seemingly disappeared wud be back in full force now.Emefiele do not dispair... you wud be vindicated at the end of the day

You will be the one who will be cooking for him and constantly going to check him in the prison in few months time. Na two cooler you go need ooo cos Malami self go dey there
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by NoToPile: 6:13am On Mar 14, 2023
Years to come people will never forget the name emefiele loool,

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by yeminero: 6:15am On Mar 14, 2023
And the Governors win! They succeeded in bending CBN to do their wish. Now they have opportunity to spend their old stocked loots,at the same time commercialized next election. From now on,we would start experiencing old notes flying around all the wards and constituencies courtesy of the Governors that claimed to be friends of the masses at the same time stocked billions of naira,waiting for election time so they can by our conscience. I weep for my country.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by stabilizer: 6:15am On Mar 14, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:

Give them Buhari WhatsApp number for verification. Just say you are the one expecting to hear from Mr president on live TV

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Delaw135: 6:18am On Mar 14, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Stop Crying for Nothing! sad

FG said you should Deposit ur available N500 or N1000 notes in the Bank.
Why should you Refuse and Keep it with You? 😕

U are just clueless, so if fg say u should go and die, does it mean u will do?... Fg said called the policy cash swap but in reality it is not swapping any cash

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Calicoe: 6:21am On Mar 14, 2023
In other words, naira scarcity to resume in December 1. This is the result of voting an incompetent dullard just because he's from ur region and practice same religion as u. My question is when the effects of bad government hit, were you exempted because of your religion? Dumb ass bigots
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by cezarman(m): 6:21am On Mar 14, 2023
I so much like what these guys are doing to Nigerians. Whenever I go out and see people suffering because of old and new notes... It makes me happy always grin

Please keep turning us around like mumu goats... We Nigerians like it very much. Thank you grin grin
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Delaw135: 6:23am On Mar 14, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Educated illiterate.

I would like to Inform you that Unfortunately the Old Notes is not coming back to Circulation.

Stop typing rubbish, some are already dispensing old notes
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by asatemple(f): 6:29am On Mar 14, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery / Meet Audu’s Teenage Wife Whose Dream Of Becoming Kogi Ist Lady Is Shattered(pics / Buhari's Son Yusuf Spotted For The First Time(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.