Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader (14300 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Slain Boko Haram Militants In A Recent Military Attack / PHOTOS: Obasanjo Visits Buhari / PHOTOS: Slain Boko Haram Fighters-Viewers Discretion (False information) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by pinkrex(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2011
phreakabit:

Coming from a hopeless ìmbecile with as little intelligence as the  cave man in his pre-fire discovery years. So, just because I dont share the same POV with you, I am hopeless? I don't have to respond to you, I will let you kill yourself over it. By the way you are correct, this is the first time I have noticed your post here. Aren't you supposed to be in the romance section? You aren't quite the sharpest tool in the shed, you know.

And so are you? Because you can compose a good post without errors doesn't make you so smart.
I hate it when people play others so under. She's a woman and I expect a gentleman or matured smart ass like you not to argue or exchange word people you think don't deserve it.

Im not trying to insult you(which im expecting you to do) but just telling you how to avoid people and avoid social site mess.
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by phreakabit(m): 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2011
pinkrex:

And so are you? Because you can compose a good post without errors doesn't make you so smart.
I hate it when people play others so under. She's a woman and I expect a gentleman or matured smart Bottom like you not to argue or exchange word people you think don't deserve it.

Im not trying to insult you(which im expecting you to do) but just telling you how to avoid people and avoid social site mess.

Not going to insult you either. However, I will stick to my opinion.
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2011
@the phreak the shi.t eater

u are the madman that fights with himself and others at the market place   so na u sabi,

i should have just ignored u and u would have faded away in oblivion but u are the psycho that never dies are u,

eff u freakish mumu
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by AVISENNA: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2011
How does one describe the crop of leaders we have in Nigeria, it's obvious that Jonathan has no business being there in the first place, he's weak and lacks the political clout to lead this nation.What a Shame. Government negotiating with terrorist
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
see i wrote a poem just for u
freak

@phreak with the limp d1ck
who loves the schitck
cradled between his teeth
and never ceases
to chase his h.0mo teases
down the dirty street
and comes here every day of the week
to end up being our pig
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by phreakabit(m): 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2011
@ehie RFLMAO!!! Your anger has driven you to the borders of incoherency and insanity. Anyways, You know what they say about SILENCE right?
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2011
so u want to take high road now Mr intellectual freak,
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by CanImServ: 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2011
hillsate:

We have lots of naive people on this forum.
People just open their mouths and talk without thinking.  
OBJ did the right thing whether you subscribe to it or not.

ObJ cannot visit BOKO HARAM  without explicit clearance and permission from the presidency. 
OBJ is not just an ordinary citizen. Aside being at the healm of affairs in Nigeria twice, he's   
also a member of  State Council. So whatever he does has implication on the Nigerian system.

Do not be fooled to believing that OBJ went to beg anybody. (You and I know that OBJ is not known for
that).  He went there to spell some terms to them diplomatically though. Believe it or not, some top  BOKO HARAM guys were at the meeting and believe it or not you do not know what images of faces OBJ
was able to catch.

The next line of action from the presidency will take everyone by surprise but surely. The fact that OBJ
is now involved in this should send some warning tones to the leadership and sponsors of boko haram. Whatever OBJ gets involved in has vendetta written over it. Lets hope that the likes of IBB and Atiku are
not involved with the boko harams.

All the visit by OBJ is to establish a fact in the nigerian mind that ''Nigeria has used all forms of
diplomacy to curb the boko haram issue and that has failed hence the use of this magnitude of force.''

Finally lets stop all these talks about Nigeria not negotiating with terrorist. What has your not negotiating
achieved than more and more bombs. America negotiates with terrorists but not from a position of
weakness but strength ( and diplomatically that is not called negotiation but simply spelling the    terms).And thats what  OBJ is initiating.

Pls lets give it up for OBJ, he's doing what the likes of SHAGARI, IBB, BUHARI, ABDULSALAM etc should have done with he fact that he is not a northerner and not even a Muslim.

I am happy someone understands the issues and the better perspectives. I need not say more.
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by pinkrex(m): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
ehie:

so u want to take high road now Mr intellectual freak,

Can you just lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and not derail this thread?!
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by Mucokey(m): 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
Jonathan has no brain and OBJ's brain is also still missing.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by pinkrex(m): 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2011
Mucokey:

grin grin grin grin grin

And your teeth is sitting idle and also shinning in criticism without a possible solution grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by okeyxyz(m): 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2011
so they negotiate with NIGER-DELTA militants, they negotiate with BOKO-HARAM, but will not negotiate with MASSOB. it seems violence rules. if u want respect, then u better start shooting & bombing your way to it. who agrees with me here?
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by kizito96(m): 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2011
Massob will also start their own in Ibo land so that they will come and negotiate with them
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by pinkrex(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2011
kizito96:

Massob will also start their own in Ibo land so that they will come and negotiate with them

Definitely, because Nigeria belongs to all of us grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by mowapa(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
I foresee money exchanging hands,the boko head family go chop up grin, bombing don pay
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by rocean: 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
eyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OBY tongue
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by MMM2(m): 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2011
4 what?
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by gamechange(m): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2011
@Big B1, spot on. What planet are these guys on? Negotiating with terrorists in public glare!!!! SMH.
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by nasoeb: 1:54pm On Sep 16, 2011
@demdem

Lets keep fighting it. If we claim that we know them then we should fish them out, there is absolutely no need negotiating with them. they can not stand Nigerian Army.

If Jonathan is willing to Fight this, he will win it and will have the support of many, its what they put they will get so they should face it

Brothers Why Nigeria

Lets not support this

If we continue on this path, One day Nigeria will either follow the way of the arab world (Protesting against Government and/or stepping down) or we will surely divide, because this is no step of solving this.

How long can you cover burning fire with your inner singlet or shirt? , it will surely burn you and get expose
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by uglybetty: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2011
who wan try,dey no dey fear face?
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by duduspace(m): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2011
This is a welcomed development, I'm glad that we are going about the peace negotiations in a "Nigerian" way. Our communal way of life is reflected in a National Elder visiting the family of the central figure in the "Boko Haram" wahala, after taking away the confusion of politics and religion we still have to coexist communally as a people as we traditionally did. It is also a positive thing that OBJ is trying to make peace for the country rather than slinging mud in the press with another less likeable Elder.
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by okeyxyz(m): 2:04pm On Sep 16, 2011
mo wapa:

I foresee money exchanging hands,the boko head family go chop up grin, bombing don pay

GBAM!!
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by pinkrex(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2011
mo wapa:

Not necessarily, no money can quell boko-haram's demands. They haven't kidnapped anybody for ransom. Their demands are based on ethnicity and religion, it has nothing to do with corruption, besides the so called people sponsoring them want Government and not money!!!
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by dammytosh: 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2011
YOU CAN KEEP HATING OBASANJO BASED ON FALSE HOOD YOU READ FROM MEDIA SPONSORED BY THOSE DEPERATE TO GET POWER BACK FROM HIM WHEN HE WAS IN POWER.

THIS MOVE IS A GOOD MOVE THAT IS COMMENDABLE. HE SAID IT THAT HE CAME ON HIS OWN AND AS SUCH SHOULD BE SEEN AS SUCH. THIS IS WHAT I EXPECTED THE LIKES OF BUHARI, ATIKU OR BABANGIDA TO HAVE DONE TO SAVE FURTHER SENSELESS WASTE OF LIFE AND PROPERTIES.

IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT A PERSON CAN NEVER DO ANYTHING GOOD ONCE LABELLED BAD. IF OBJ BEGGING BOKO HARAM WILL SAFE HUNDREDS OF LIVES AND HE SWALLOWED HIS PRIDE TO DO SO. LETS APPRECIATE IT AND STOP BLABBING HERE.
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by Xfactoria: 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2011
OBJ's intervention is welcomed. He has shown times and times again that he loves Nigeria nothwithstanding his tainted records.

Buhari's "i don't care attitude" is the reason he will never be President of this country.
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by pinkrex(m): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2011
X-factoria:

OBJ's intervention is welcomed. He has shown times and times again that he loves Nigeria nothwithstanding his tainted records.

Buhari's "i don't care attitude" is the reason he will never be President of this country.

That's clearly your own opinion. we are in the same picture but we pose differently. His involvement with the Boko family should not be too welcomed, for we don't even know the exact intent.

Buhari's silence is really worrying but OBJ's involvement doesn't make him a saint either; they all contributed to the country's decadence in all ramifications.
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by LoveKing(m): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2011
reading through the comments i can 100% say Nigerians are the same ol'idiots. Very weak people!

kia! you go and plead with terrorists? kia! rubbush i thought OBJ was a hard man i guess he is also a terrorist himself.

OBJ come and answer for your crimes against humanity; Odi and Zaki biam calls for your head.IDIOT!

Nigerians stop being foolish, after many years of eating through your bones, you still go on butt-licking.
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2011
@valacious: so if this move by obj succeeds d culprit wont be shamed and exposed abi? They wont be tried for treason and murder abi? No justice for d deceased and family members abi? We move ahead and pretend as if nothing happend abi? U r damn so wrong. No responsible gvmnt negotiates with terrorist groups and justice must prevail and at all cost
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by realsemaj: 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2011

Absolutely a very wrong move by OBJ.
You must not negotiate with a terrorist group under all circumstances

In general, leaders are confronted with challenges and opportunities that are extremely dynamic and complex, the tough part of it all is making critical decisions with absolutely incomplete information. This is why they are called leaders, why we all look up to them, why they are elected to their various important positions and why they should be leaders.
But in my country, things are seen and done differently; and this is why we call our leaders looters.

Obasanjo again has made a despicable move that will only add to the mess already on ground.
This type of move will send a wrong message not only to Boko Haram group but also to other vicious groups (copycats) out there. Negotiation is a clear indication of weakness; you just don't do it, at least not this way.
OBJ should have realized that negotiation with this type of terrorist entails real costs we cannot afford.

OBJ has simply sold the country to the Boko Haram at a very cheap price. Mark it down, this group is gaining confidence by OBJ's visit, they feel that their actions have been been justified. They will strike again.

You do not negotiate with terrorist
You do not give them any positive attention
You do not embrace any of their premises
You do not sit with them.
You do not let them notice your weakness.

United stated leaders didn't just put these rules together, they've don't their home work extensively. If you don't go by these rules you will pay.
Mark it down, OBJ's move will not solve anything, but only encourage this group to go crazy whenever they feel like it, and keep in mind that the Delta connection (militants) is also watching.

What Nigerian government should have done:
They should have secretly invited the current leader of this terrorist group and strike a closed door deal with him. (OR) they should have sent a neutral representative to discover the best way to settle the matter with the current leader of this group. But as a former president or a current president, you absolutely do not meet with any kind of terrorist group, (especially with a terrorist group who has killed close to 1000 innocent citizens)
Jonathan has no brain and OBJ's brain is also still missing.
[color=#006600][/color]
IBB will never have made such a fo0lish and selfish move.
I called it selfish move because OBJ has only made this move simply to become relevant once again.

There is nothing better for any nation than to have a president that has common sense and can think effectively on his own.

Sorry, I totally disagree with the move.
---------------------------------------------------
You sound confused. there is no diferrence between your suggestion and negotiation. You are just criticising people with good intention. what step has the northern leaders take to bring the situation under control. Their inaction is an indication that they are solidly behind what Boko Haram is doing.
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by Pukkah: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2011
X-factoria:

His records got tainted while loving Nigeria, right? smiley
Re: Obasanjo Visits The Family Of Slain Boko Haram Leader by maclatunji: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2011
@topic, it is a really delicate situation. After taking most of the day to sub-consciously consider this. I think OBJ has taken a positive step. It was wrong for Boko Haram to take-up arms against Nigeria and it was even more abominable that their leader was executed without fair hearing and trial. Huge mistakes have been made by all parties and I think it is time that both sides sit down and deal with the issues once and for all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Treating Our Members As Criminals –PDP / Little WARRI Girl Success Adegor Invited By The US And UK. / 16 Dead in Plateau accident Involving PDP Members, Ayu, Atiku Visit Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.