Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense (10110 Views)

Kidnappers Sleep Off After Kidnapping Pastor’s Wife In Ondo / See Gorgeous Natasha Akpoti Accused Of Terrorism By Kogi Govt / Top 10 Incidents Of Cannibalism In The 21st Century That Were So Horrible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by treatise: 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:
https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1635331938914541568
APC Governors won't like these figures .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Mobsync(m): 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2023
As someone mentioned up there, the reports reduced and not the incidents. And that happened because the media focused its attention on the elections. Kidnappers can easily collect dollars and euros or even CFA francs.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Ubdavis(m): 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
And what has increased?
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by TOYNEX(f): 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
FG just redirected the masses' suffering
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by 43Ronin: 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2023
It Simply means that politicians are the ones running them cos they are focused on elections.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by lotkyes200: 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
If you think that bandit did not strike because of the Coloured money you are joking dont forget a video where they display lot of new naira note.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by trendingbeatz(m): 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
[/color][color=#000099]
madridguy:
Lies upon lies. Terrorism & Kidnapping always reduced during election. Is it not just last week some robbers raided some area in Oyo state with POS?
Bandits in Zamfara have done videos with the new notes. Make we leave story jare.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Wainey: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sirheny007:
What nonsense.
You cannot starve the whole country because you want to fight kidnappers.
Are you trying to justify Emefiele and Buhari's thoughtlessness?
My elder sister husband got kidnapped and was killed back in 2016.
She was so depressed, few weeks later she died too. That month was a month of mourning in our house.

If u have never been a victim of kidnapping, you won't understand why OP was justifying it

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
I've been ban by a BOT from Politics section.

Help fix this please

Cc Mynd44
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2023

Help fix this please

Cc Nlfpmod
TheNiceGuy:

Help fix this please

Cc Mynd44
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2023

Help fix this please

Cc seun D
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2023

Help fix this please

Cc Dominique
TheNiceGuy:

Help fix this please

Cc seun D
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Angelfrost(m): 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
If we are being honest, this cash scarcity has shown that cashless economy is highly possible in this nation if leaders and citizens work towards it.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
Now I'm convinced Nigeria is in the hands and has been in the hands of lying, satanic, blood thirsty morons.

How does limited cash flow reduce crimes of kidnapping and banditry? It doesn't. It may interest u to know that if a kidnap gang holds Mr D for ransome and demands cash within the next 24hrs or Mr D's family looses him, who bears the burden of getting cash? The criminals or the victim? Or u think they will negotiate which bank to transfer?
It's election period and normally we all know those who spear head these criminals are busy so kidnapping and banditry will naturally be on the low.

Money soaked in colour has nothing to do with stopping or reducing crime. More developed nations who practice real cashless economies have more cash in circulation than this circus excuses they're fooling u fools with. It's more annoying seeing the younger generation fall for this scam. Where are ur brains undecided
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Emenconwaotu: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:
One of the benefits of going cashless is that it will reduce hostage taking and expedite the process of picking up these kidnapers.

CBN should limit the amount of cash in circulation. Anyone who doesn't like it should try Benin Rep.
look at one of them selfish interest,,,you re in your comfort zone,you don't know what average Nigerian sees out there,you lack wisdom,
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Emenconwaotu: 2:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
God punish anybody who support this evil agenda... they souls of the innocent that died in this perilous era.. Will hunt you and your generations... wickedness in high places..spit!!!
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by alezzy13: 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

The Federal Government and the CBN should make the Cashless Economy more favourable, and easy, so that there won't be too much cash in the circulation any longer..

CRIME GOES ON SUCCESSFULLY WHERE CASH IS INVOLVED..

I don't think there is anyone questioning the noble idea behind the policy. The biggest problem was with the implementation.

In particular the cashless platforms and network challenges. Clearly banks were not prepared for the sudden increase in volume of transactions.

I really think if the e-platforms were not fraught with the many challenges we currently experience, more people would gladly embrace it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by goodness4ever(m): 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2023
T
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by charlsecy(m): 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
Draslo:
Cash in circulation has nothing to do with crime rate
Criminals will always prefer cash to electronic transactions. In this cashless period, how feasible could a criminal kidnap someone and demand N200 million ransom?
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by asksteve(m): 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
Reinaldo:
Are these people serious at all?

They are just trying to redesign their battered image.
Was terrorism the core of the redesign policy?
Nigeria's have suffered and some have died not because they don't have but because they can't access cash and some are talking gibberish.
Emefiele has not successfully implemented a single monetary policy successfully since assuming office as the CBN governor, whether its intentional or due to lack of understanding of the Nigerian system I can't say.
First it was the dollar issue n now this.
God help us as regards what will happen before may 29.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by SaLongs1(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
angry angry Reduce kidnapping kee them dia! Very foolish lot.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by archbishop007(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Godsfrezx:
Vote LP

Top to Buttom

Which one is top to bottom again now?

You can only vote bottom now oooo, top has been occupied already na.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Faposky95: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
Question is...did cash make it start.?!
Following many headless initiatives from Za Cow and his cronies......induced poverty......such evil crimes increased to record highs......

CBN has been the one churning out cash to the FG in disguise
ZaCow heading the Petrol ministry is the next major corruption core....
...and we are sleeping
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Donedeal1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
Useless statics
How many people

Loss their lives

Loved ones and

Properties.
All because of policy of punishment.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by jaxxy(m): 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
shegzhkn:
This is complete madness, who in the name of God mop up cash in circulation as part of effort to tackle insecurity.
What happens to intelligence gathering, massive investment in security and surveillance infrastructure, personnel training, etc.
Look at the photographs above and the countries there, what do you notice?

Sirheny007:
What nonsense.

We should be fighting for better cashless policy not fighting for more naira to flood our street increasing crime.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by FireUpNow(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
It's terrorism and genocide altogether
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sirheny007:
What nonsense.
Which terrorism did they even fight Have you forgotten that these same terrorists gave the old cash to the people to change for them

In other words they laid their hands on enough cash before all these shortage of naira started undecided

I have long since giving up hope on Buhari's words. undecided the man does not mean well for Nigerians

He has a hidden agenda!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Ayomivic(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sirheny007:
What nonsense.

I think the most important of the policy is to see people taking in their hoarding #1000 and #500 Naira which majority had done .

If the government is no longer using Ghana must go to give million of money to politicians. I think the policy would still tackle what it mean to tackle. They should just let that 20,000 available for people to collect at commercial banks.

I also think there should be law against hoarding of Naira to help this policy. There should be specific amount of Naira you can have as cash

To me Buhari and Emefele tried for implementing this policy
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by HellVictorinho7: 6:13pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ayomivic:

I think the most important of the policy is to see people taking in their hoarding #1000 and #500 Naira which majority had done .

If the government is no longer using Ghana must go to give million of money to politicians. I think the policy would still tackle what it mean to tackle. They should just let that 20,000 available for people to collect at commercial banks.

I also think there should be law against hoarding of Naira to help this policy. There should be specific amount of Naira you can have as cash

To me Buhari and Emefele tried for implementing this policy
blood of satan
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by HellVictorinho7: 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
U cannot be talking to me
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by HellVictorinho7: 6:17pm On Mar 15, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

Which terrorism did they even fight Have you forgotten that these same terrorists gave the old cash to the people to change for them

In other words they laid their hands on enough cash before all these shortage of naira started undecided

I have long since giving up hope on Buhari's words. undecided the man does not mean well for Nigerians

He has a hidden agenda!!!

am just tired too,my left leg is hurting. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Hijack Boat, Abduct 5 Maritime Union Workers, 3 Others In Rivers / Insecurity: No Kidnapping Recorded In Lagos State - CP Odumosu / Crime Rate In Nigeria Vs Crime Rate In America And The Western World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.