Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,411 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! (29498 Views)

CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges / How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? / CBN To Clamp Down On Illegal PoS Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
BigBrother9ja:

Upon all your rants and support for Atifkū, so he didn't give some cash at the end?

Atiku is not the cause of your suffering. Why don't your direct your vitriol to Bubu and his handler, the shaky shaky Emilokan!
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Karlifate: 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sunnyja:
All those typing from Niger republic should not contribute to this conversation. Every one in Nigeria knows that the banks (even in the banking halls) don't have money currently to give to anyone.

Don't mind them.

Some people are just so myopic that they think Nigeria start & end in their current location.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by okuta007: 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
ArchiLimited:
My only question is, what EXACTLY did this whole naira redesign achieve?? Can someone really tell me one strong point? Just one? Or are we going through all of this for nothing?

the real reason for this naira change is to ensure that there will be no foreign influence when EndSARS 2.0 begins - they want to know who is funding the movement - bexause there will be no cash so if u do transfer to them then they can trace the source because they know they are not handing over the rightful winner - they know they will steal the election and they want to make sure they immobilize the youths by making sure there is no money to find any occupy Nigeria kind of protest

This people mean Nigerians gaaan - this was well planned but God pass them
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
madridguy:
It is not a must you patronize POS operator, go into the banking hall.
There is no cash in banking hall Sir
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Sniper101(m): 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Thanks to an ex who owns a Saloon & Spa over here .....I've never run out of cash since February when this whole cash issue became a menace.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by faridasr: 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
imagrg:
In spite of the order given by CBN on POS charges, the Road Side POS Terminal operators still take 30% or more as charges for cash withdrawals.

The CBN should as a matter of urgency approach this matter sternly by making cash available at commercial banks and also asking the staff of these banks desist from owning POS terminals for cash-in, cash-out transactions.

The masses are being exploited by these POS operators who take advantage of the present cash crunch to inflict untold hardship on the common man.

This evil practice must stop!

Most of the operators are obedients!!

1 Like

Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by ALABACONNECT(m): 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
This is so unfair
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Vinnie2000(m): 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
BluePrincee:
This is very correctangry

I withdrew N7000 and paid N9,100 at Total Petrol Station New Benin today. They say charge is N300per N1,000 cry

Buhari’s Administration incompetence will be studied at Universities by generations yet unborn, a dark era where Nigerians suffered beyond reason and used their naira to buy naira. History will never forgive the daura dull.ard

But Fools here Supported him for diz 8years!
Defending him throughout! undecided

They are now supporting APC/Tinubu when Baba clearly said he continue Buhari's legacy. 😕😒

1 Like

Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by candygist: 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
unclejb2:
We must retire these men that have brought so much suffering and hardship to Nigerians.

Labor Party from Top to bottom on Saturday

So PO is not part of the old men ?

2 Likes

Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Karlifate: 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
Harni:

Mr man, you don't need to insult him.. mind you, not all sellers accept transfer and again, you still need cash to buy small small items

It's because he's still a dependant.

He thinks life begins & end with his constant handouts.

By their foolish comments, you'll know them.
Just ignore them.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by cigaricon(m): 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
What do you need 10k cash for that you cannot do transfer? undecided
In this period? Una strong oh
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by otokx(m): 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
Things will normalize by next week hopefully.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Jorussia(m): 9:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
okuta007:

the real reason for this naira change is to ensure that there will be no foreign influence when EndSARS 2.0 begins - they want to know who is funding the movement - bexause there will be no cash so if u do transfer to them then they can trace the source because they know they are not handing over the rightful winner - they know they will steal the election and they want to make sure they immobilize the youths by making sure there is no money to find any occupy Nigeria kind of protest

This people mean Nigerians gaaan - this was well planned but God pass them
the kind foolishness some u display here is pathetic. So this is same reason ur Lord and savior peter obi supported this policy?

3 Likes

Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Karlifate: 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
otokx:

💯

We live by hope in Nigeria cos nothing is certain.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Jorussia(m): 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
There is abundance of old notes in the custody of banks.They banks need to allow gradual release of d old notes 2 avoid
breakdown of d banking system. It will take roughly 3weeks for d supply to stabilize.

1 Like

Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Jorussia(m): 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2023
otokx:
He go 3 weeks before things stabilise.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by mechanics(m): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
It's their time to shine, when cash is made available in banks, I will see if they will charge that amount.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
Jorussia:
There is abundance of old notes in the custody of banks.They banks need to allow gradual release of d old notes 2 avoid
breakdown of d banking system. It will take roughly 3weeks for d supply to stabilize.
I was at the bank yesterday what they were saying is there is no cash we should go
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by oriedebe: 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
Which university did Emefiele attend? I suggest his certificate should be withdrawn. Or is the guy using Oluwole certificate? Simple monetary policies he does not know. Shame on him, shame on the school he attended. slowpoke.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Beremx(f): 9:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
BigB.rother9ja:

Upon all your rants and support for Atifkū, so he didn't give some cash at the end?
are you craving for attention or you're just daft? All my post and comments, did you see me supporting Atiku in this election?
Your mentions have been answered you can now get lost!!
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by highness25(m): 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
Oneday82:

My guy, you must learn to do without the POS operators. There are all crooks. The best way to go now is by transfer. Or use your card ri make your purchase. What most, people don't know is Bank staff are the ones that own most of the POS you see today. But for sure, nothing last forever.
Oga, have you transferred money to someone via phone or POS and the person will not be credited even after two weeks? If you've not, pray it doesn't happen to you. I'm a POS merchant and I know what I'm saying. You will visit the bank with your customer with evidence that the transaction was successful from your end and the receiving bank will tell you they are not in possession of the money... It just happened to my friend recently. 250k that was sent to someone, his bank denied it. It was after we created a scene at the bank they decided to investigate the issue and later credited the customer, after 3 weeks had gone ooo. Pray it doesn't happen to you

1 Like

Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by LifeOfTrigga(m): 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
BigBrother9ja:
Both the POS operator and you that accepted to pay such ridiculous amount are both STUPlD, MAD AND IRRESPONSIBLE.

Since this BuharìCow and Eme-failure madness started, 98% of my transactions and payments have been through POS or transfer.
Anyone who wouldn't accept any of those two should go and fụçƙ themselve.
Why would I pay 30% INTEREST FOR POS? GOD FORBID!

THAT POS OPERATOR IS SUPPOSED TO BE SERIOUSLY BEATEN AND LATER ARRESTED.
AND YOU THAT PAID SUCH RIDICULOUS AMOUNT SHOULD BE SLAPPED AS WELL.

NONSENSE!

Na rich man talk be this o shocked shocked
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by lilhoodie(m): 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
imagrg:
In spite of the order given by CBN on POS charges, the Road Side POS Terminal operators still take 30% or more as charges for cash withdrawals.

The CBN should as a matter of urgency approach this matter sternly by making cash available at commercial banks and also asking the staff of these banks desist from owning POS terminals for cash-in, cash-out transactions.

The masses are being exploited by these POS operators who take advantage of the present cash crunch to inflict untold hardship on the common man.

the only way to stop this pos agents is by making the new naira notes to be more available

1 Like

Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Pastoshizzy(m): 9:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
I see POS business being buried. Emefiele is the undertaker.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Pastoshizzy(m): 9:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by IranianSea: 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2023
imagrg:

Clot chaser bastard. No one will pay such ridiculous amount even if you're promised new notes.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by everythinggirly(f): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
This new naira redesigned notes came to steal our happiness.

1 Like

Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by madridguy(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
That is serious. Banks here in Lagos are giving money.

Holluwhakemmy:
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Ken4Christ: 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
imagrg:

The staffs in the banks are accomplice. They sell to the POS agents at 20% instead of putting the money in ATM machines.

The CBN should publish the amount sent to each banks and audit how the money is dispensed. Any manager who hoards the cash to sell should be arrested and dismissed. Then, these nonesense will stop.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by madridguy(m): 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
Maybe you should relocate to somewhere else. I was inside the banking hall today " Polaris Bank " and they gave people money. 10k each.

Sunnyja:
All those typing from Niger republic should not contribute to this conversation. Every one in Nigeria knows that the banks (even in the banking halls) don't have money currently to give to anyone.
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Ubdavis(m): 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
A POS lady close to office charges double of what what ur collecting.
U have to pay 2k to collect 1k
20k to collect 10k
And she is always with cash!
Re: POS Operators Charged ₦3k Per ₦10k Withdrawn Today In Benin City! by Lamanii22(f): 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
I cant Even collect it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

He Kept So Many Secrets And Lies, Marriage Is Crazy. / 29 Richest People In Nigeria 2016: Sire Emeka Offor Makes The List. / Traders At Alaba Rago Market Cleaning Up After Closure (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.