Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,995 members, 7,828,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? (12042 Views)

Truth Or Dare Sex Video: Chrisland, The Parents Or The Girl - Who Is To Blame? / FUNNY Scenes When School Resumption Is Announced(pics) / BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Mindlog: 8:54am On Mar 16, 2023
The student stays home.

1 Like

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by victorVIC1(m): 8:55am On Mar 16, 2023
I think sending the students home is the idle approach here. This is one of the ripple effects of the current bad economy

1 Like

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Fiscus105(m): 8:55am On Mar 16, 2023
robinso01:
No one should be punished for it, but it's such a pity that it's student that always take the punishment for his/her parent failure to pay.

If no one should be punished for it, you are saying school (owner) should be punished.

You guys should think all rounds before you arrive in ur judgement.

Student that know she/he owes school fees,should have stayed back home in other to evade be punished.

1 Like

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Johel(m): 8:55am On Mar 16, 2023
essentialone:
When school fees are not paid, who should be punished?

Student?

Or the Parents?

Parents
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by bennyflipy(m): 8:57am On Mar 16, 2023
I miss those periods we were sent home for not paying school fees, our favourite moments.

My guy and I will be asking, when these people go drive us for school fees na.
Life was good then

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by TUTU147: 8:57am On Mar 16, 2023
The government,I use my self as a case study.When my take home pay is less than my expenses, what do you expect.Government supposed give free education to civil servants that are not receiving much,to meet up family needs is the reason for official corruption in the civil service today.

3 Likes

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 16, 2023
essentialone:

Student?

Or the Parents?

Nobody! Just stop the student from coming to school. Education is a choice of both parents and students
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 16, 2023
TUTU147:
The government,I use my self as a case study.When my take home pay is less than my expenses, what do you expect.Government supposed give free education to civil servants that are not receiving much,to meet up family needs is the reason for official corruption in the civil service today.

Civil servants suppose get education grants for their wards in a sane country.

1 Like

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by incogni2o: 9:00am On Mar 16, 2023
BOTH,

We are in it together.

Parents should do well in planning ahead and preparing.
Children should do well in respecfully and with appreciation reminding thier Parents on time and regularly.

Parents should not take children to Schools they can't afford,

They can always augument teach their personal tutorials with thier children

1 Like

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Bananapill: 9:02am On Mar 16, 2023
essentialone:

Student?

Or the Parents?

The idea of punishment students for delayed payment in school fees is wrong. I was beaten severally for this reason. You can only send the student home and not use cane on them as if it's a crime.

1 Like

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Donedeal1(m): 9:02am On Mar 16, 2023
The government should be punished
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Fearyourcreator: 9:06am On Mar 16, 2023
Dshocker:
When school fees are not paid, the government should be held responsible, because.

Since the government didn't create free education, they should at least create a business enabling environment for people to thrive to make money or ends meet.

In America, provided you are a citizen, you are entitled to free education and with your social security number, once you start working in the future, all those monies spent on you education would be deducted gradually.

A country where the government fails to make education and food affordable, shows how wicked are terrible they are, because those two should be the least basic fundamental right of every citizen.
Naso e easy
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 16, 2023
Did I get it? 'Punish' ke, No anyway, none of them should be punish especially no attempt should be made to punish parent or else the head of school want a socker punch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by addexx: 9:08am On Mar 16, 2023
WHY SHOULD THE STUDENT BE BLAMED

1 Like

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:10am On Mar 16, 2023
Schools beat kids that haven't paid their fees? This is the first time I am hearing this.
robinso01:

The best thing to do is to send the students home, but some schools always beat such kind of students to remind their parents at home to pay their school fees.
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Hespee93: 9:10am On Mar 16, 2023
essentialone:

Student?

Or the Parents?

You have to be sepcific,

Cos most students sometimes lavish the school fee given them.
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by AwkaFinest: 9:13am On Mar 16, 2023
essentialone:
Some schools are fund of asking the students to go and clear grasses because their parents have not paid their school fees.

I have never heard or seen this before. What I've heard and seen is they send the student home.
That's all..

Students are only punished when they squander the money given to them for school fees. That's for a parent that gives his/her child the money to go make the payment. Nowadays parents just do transfer.
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by badman007(m): 9:14am On Mar 16, 2023
Government!
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Donmobi(m): 9:14am On Mar 16, 2023
It's an evil to punish or violently threaten kids as I'll put it. The best procedure is to send the child back home or perhaps make negotiations through dialogue.

Guy's I'm a digital artist and creator.
Mention me if you need assistance with your projects.
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by CaptainFM1: 9:14am On Mar 16, 2023
I've been thinking something similar too.....

When kids arrive school late, who should be punished?

When we don't create an ideal society and allow justice and fairness to thrive most of the punishment will be transferred unto the innocent children. Even the unborn ones will pay one way or the other....and that's the most painful part!

When government or it's agencies refuse to obey court orders who should be punished?
There's no way you punish the government that you're not punishing the society because the society makes the government.

The politicians are just individuals we entrusted our collective mandate to guide and direct us. So when they decide to mismanage our resources and corruptly enrich themselves, who is punished?

So you can see it's rather unfortunate that the society especially the rank and file of the society suffers more by the actions/inactions of some few because they allowed them.

We don't have electricity for years and it's no longer a pain to us anymore because no one cares!

Our kids can only imagine an ideal society on the TV or through social media because no one cares!

Our life expectancy age keeps dropping because no one care!

Banks will not give us our money because no one cares!

Police will kill/maim people they are suppose to protect because no one cares!

Our govt will borrow humongous money and more than half will be stolen yet no one cares!

ASUU will be on strike for over 8months - Nobody really cares!

1 Dollar will reach #1000.....Nobody will really care!

Garri is no longer poor man's food because nobody really cares!

I can continue on and on about all the things the society tolerated because nobody really cares.

And, the only time you would expect people to care and take back the society with their votes, that's when polithiefians will again buy their conscience because even the society themselves don't really care.

The corruption in the country is wall-to-wall. When the society is ready for a true change, they will in unison fight all those holding them backwards.
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:16am On Mar 16, 2023
The Child should be ISOLATED from his/her classmates. smiley

Move the Child to a Confined Room and Play Gospel songs for him/her from 8am till 3pm. embarassed sad

The Parents will be Forced to Do something! 😒

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Greenfaces: 9:18am On Mar 16, 2023
I attacked my secondary school teacher once for flogging me because I didnt pay inter-house sports levy.

2 Likes

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by AwkaFinest: 9:18am On Mar 16, 2023
CaptainFM1:

When kids arrive school late, who should be punished

When we don't create an ideal society and allow justice and fairness to thrive most of the punishment will be transferred unto the innocent children. Even the unborn ones will pay one way or the other.

When government or it's agencies refuse to obey court orders who should be punished
There's no way you punish the government that you're not punishing the society because the society makes the government.

The people are just individuals we entrusted our collective mandate to guide and direct us. So when they decide to mismanage our resources and corruptly enrich themselves, who is will punished

So you can see it's rather unfortunate that the society especially the rank and file of the society suffers more by the actions/inactions of some few.

Now this is the area where schools need to change their approach.
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by badman007(m): 9:19am On Mar 16, 2023
The access to quality Education is something the government of any serious nation has to guarantee its citizens.

This is the best form of empowerment you can give anybody. The ability to think and learn for themselves. Research shows this is the best way to add value to the lives of citizens which would boost their contributions to society.

Education/Quality health care. I didn’t appreciate the importance of these things till I travelled out of Nigeria. The responsibility of government is to create jobs and motivate people to WORK (Land,Labour&Capital). Salary alone is not enough. Nobody likes workers People must feel like their work is connected to nation building. There are already established theories and research into human behaviour to suggest that Universal Basic Education is the basis for wholesome development of any society.

Any Government run based on religious sentiments is doomed to fail.
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2023
CaptainFM1:

When kids arrive school late, who should be punished

When we don't create an ideal society and allow justice and fairness to thrive most of the punishment will be transferred unto the innocent children. Even the unborn ones will pay one way or the other.

When government or it's agencies refuse to obey court orders who should be punished

The people are just individuals we entrusted our collective mandate to guide and direct us. So when they decide to mismanage our resources and corruptly enrich themselves, who is will punished

So you can see it's rather unfortunate that the society especially the rank and file of the society suffers more by the actions/inactions of some few.

Most schools Punish Latecomers so that the Pain will make them complain to their Parents@home. 🤔

Some Parents wake up by 7.30am in the Morning! shocked sad
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Nyanabo(m): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2023
Nobody.. The economy is biting hard by the day.

Like if you agree share if you don't think so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by tfelicityk(m): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2023
Both
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by gigabyte13: 9:24am On Mar 16, 2023
Whichever way,
Parents wishes, you beat the kids instead of sending them home, because neighbors will start asking pokenosing questions.....
Kids wishes you send them home instead of being punished for what they have no power over.....
To save both ugly situations, Schools should well informed the parents via any possible means ahead of their planned action against non payment of the school fees.

Last last na parent fault....
Blame GOVERNMENT
Blame any circumstances
Na still your fault as a parent.

1 Like

Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by Kemadealadire(f): 9:25am On Mar 16, 2023
Parents
Re: When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? by badboyTee(m): 9:26am On Mar 16, 2023
essentialone:

Student?

Or the Parents?
This took back to the days in A. G. HS our sch fee was 5k then grin many students go don chop school fees instead of my school chasing us home for non payment instead they will flog the living daylight out of defaulters mehn .... I no dey always dey class for morning nah afternoon me and my gang dey enter class to avoid cane grin am still owing 12k though government school is bad mehn grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu State University Of Science And Technology(esut) / How To Improve Your Math Skills / Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.