Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out (20346 Views)

Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH / LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR / Lady Loses Friend At LUTH Because There Was No Bed Space And Consultants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by oscarvicto(m): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
My sincere condolences my brother!!

Genuinely sorry. Will take it up with commisioner of health (lagos state)
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by faithfull18(f): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Sad.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by reddingtonblack: 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
BurialGround:

What I am telling you is real. I have to move my son to WEST CARE HOSPITAL Ejibo where he was admitted and treated.

I am not doubting if the nurses were rude or excitate to do there job, buh saying it is tribal thing is where i disagree with you 100%.
I have 8months experience staying inside hospital so i know what i am talking about ... nurses attitude is not peculiar to any tribe

2 Likes

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Angelfrost(m): 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
BigBashiru:

Lagos needs to be decongested....outside Lagos there are no real jobs....its sad

There will be real jobs if the governors of those states actually do their jobs instead of wining, dining, stealing and plundering the resources of their states.

Look at Imo state for instance... Do you know the volume of jobs created by the malls in that state alone?!! Imagine how many more jobs will be created if at least 2 more industries are established!

Imagine if the government from federal to state actually committed themselves into eliminating terrorism and banditry in the North (yes, they can eliminate them if they want to)... Imagine how much industrialization and subsequent employments will be created there! The influx of citizens from the South down there will be unprecedented!

LEADERSHIP is an issue in all these!

2 Likes

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by blacksam01: 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

Perhaps if Samuel Ortom was a Good Governor and Benue economy was booming, Debbie won't be in crowded Lagos

Lagos with not more than 2million indegene caters for 22 million Nigeria with no extra allocation or funding

If the argument is Lagos has seaport,

In just 41 months and with Just $1.75 billion USD Lagos built Ibeju Lekki Deep sea port

Can't any other state access funding of $2billion and build a functional port

New City Development

Downtown Chicago built all infrastructure and skyscrapers in less than 5 years

Dubai UAE, Sharjah and most UAE top city developed in less than 2 decade

China transformations was within 30 years

PS: to the morronns telling me I am insensitive, should we discuss solutions to prevent this as adults or simply say RIP and continue on

u aand this ur lagos hype...where is 22millilon ppl in lagos..u will just b yarning dust evertime...so ppl dont die in gombe teaching hospital...?

abeg paark well
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by gigabyte13: 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
E shock you abi....
It is not news
It happens in all General hospitals across the nation.......
It is just your turn
Take heart bro
The state of our nation
Very badddddd
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Moh247: 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
blacksam01:

u aand this ur lagos hype...where is 22millilon ppl in lagos..u will just b yarning dust evertime...so ppl dont die in gombe teaching hospital...?

abeg paark well

Kikiki

Na me be NBS or Population Commission?!

Qouted available figure
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by kingthreat(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
Neduzze5:
This is the more reason why we can't keep supporting stooges put in place by the Irabiji President.

Imagine if 10 percent of the money remitted on a monthly basis to the Irabiji landlord had been pushed into healthcare.

Most foreigners would have been flying in from all over the world to Lagos for their medical checkups and treatments. Even ordinary headache will have them running to Nigeria.

We need a young visionary who isn't held by the throat by an old and analogue person who doesn't even use social media.

Neduzze, IPOB militant. Tell the teaching hospitals in your states to upgrade so that they can earn from medical tourism.
Lagos is Yorubaland. Mind ya freakin business.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by ufotty2001: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

Perhaps if Samuel Ortom was a Good Governor and Benue economy was booming, Debbie won't be in crowded Lagos

Lagos with not more than 2million indegene caters for 22 million Nigeria with no extra allocation or funding

If the argument is Lagos has seaport,

In just 41 months and with Just $1.75 billion USD Lagos built Ibeju Lekki Deep sea port

Can't any other state access funding of $2billion and build a functional port

New City Development

Downtown Chicago built all infrastructure and skyscrapers in less than 5 years

Dubai UAE, Sharjah and most UAE top city developed in less than 2 decade

China transformations was within 30 years

PS: to the morronns telling me I am insensitive, should we discuss solutions to prevent this as adults or simply say RIP and continue on

My brother leave all these talks.pray that Nigeria don't happen to any of ur relative..

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by kingthreat(m): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
IpobAntidote:

Exactly, Lagos is under tremendous pressure from all the people running to Lagos due to complete and utter Incompetence on the part of other leaders in other states. But everyone rather blame Lagos while ignoring their own leaders short comings.

Lagos needs to decongest.
Sad millions of people benefiting from Lagos still hate the government that provided the benefits.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Moh247: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
ufotty2001:

My brother leave all these talks.pray that Nigeria don't happen to any of ur relative..

Hmmn

May Nigeria not happen to you and me and all of our family amen

2 Likes

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by themanderon: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
Saving lives is no longer the priority of Nigerian medical practitioners, making more money is the new priority.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by ConfidentialDoc: 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
Confirm4real:
So Tinubu forgot to develop LUTH...

RIP Debbie!

LUTH belongs to the federal government.
LASUTH is a Lagos State health service
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by BurialGround: 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
reddingtonblack:

I am not doubting if the nurses were rude or excitate to do there job, buh saying it is tribal thing is where i disagree with you 100%.
I have 8months experience staying inside hospital so i know what i am talking about ... nurses attitude is not peculiar to any tribe

When you left my dying son and be attending to those that speaks your language even though we came before them, what do you call this?

I even complained to a nurse who confirms my line of thought and adviced me on what to do.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by FreedomArmy: 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:

I am actually from Ibadan Egbeda LGA so what's you issue
ok Ibadan is your home state? So what's the fuse about Lagos? I am yet to meet a real lagosians complaining the way you do. It's possible you have never been to Lagos all your life. please leave Lagos for the real owners of Lagos

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Moh247: 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
FreedomArmy:
ok Ibadan is your home state? So what's the fuse about Lagos? I am yet to meet a real lagosians complaining the way you do. It's possible you have never been to Lagos all your life. please leave Lagos for the real owners of Lagos

I have a registered business and a family warehouse in Lagos and I am a tax paying Yoruba man in Lagos

Who are you by the way

2 Likes

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Confirm4real(m): 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

LUTH belongs to the federal government.
LASUTH is a Lagos State health service

But he claimed to have developed everything in Lagos...
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by IpobAntidote: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

I'm Lagos born and from ikorodu local government. I wonder who should get out between the two of us ?? I don't even support LP so pls don't die from aneurysm.
Mumu man, I'm a true son of Lagos also, but your previous submission is totally and factually false.
No one is telling anyone that Lagos has everything and they should all move to Lagos. They are moving to Lagos because they can see the opportunities as compared to where they are coming from.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2023
As usual, most of the comments here run the gamut of

1.Nigeria happened to her

2.Yourbas are evil

3.Igbos are evil

4.Nigeria is run by bad leadership...

Well, let's start from no 4. If we had good leadership they would fund the hospitals by either a mixture of

1.Raised taxes

2.Raised hospital fees.

At which point people would promplty shout that 'We are poor'

Well, we have bad hospitals because we are to poor to pay the amount of money that we need to make them standard.

(And yes, we should stop corruption, but the money saved from gfighting corruption is not going to go to hospitals alone...we have schools, sports, defence, police, roads, etc.).

As for money we need, well, Spain spends nearly 100bn euros on health each year. Nigeria does not spend up to 2bn euros on health. Our budget is not up to 40bn euros.

You see why we take loans, and even then the loans are not enough.

I am saying this because all the complaining we did, was done 20-30 years ago...even in 1985, people were calling our hospitals 'mere consulting clinics'. It was that bad.

Then there is another reason why we do not have bed space...bad primary and secondary health care. Lack of staff (doctor and nurse does not want to work in village), lack of buildings, lack of money...

So the child with severe diarrhea that can be treated at a primary health care level center (I have treated such chilfdren as an NYSC village doc)...is sent to the teaching hospital. The guy with dislocated shoulder instrad of going to a secondary health care center...goes to a teaching hospital.

And as a result...the hopsital is crowded.

Then we don't have enough teaching hospitals. As one senior doctor told me over ten years ago...every state needs 5 teaching hospitals...ie 5 . Not 5 general hospitals...5 TEACHING HOSPITALS....

And all that has to be funded by...raised taxes and raised fees.

So, when I come here and shout that we need to raise our tax to gdp ratio from 8 percent to 50%, and when I come here chanting raised fees...e get why. So that we don't have disasters like this.

But no, people abuse me, call me names, and tell me I am being heartless. Someone even said I belong in the depths.

Well what is your alternative? We should fight corruption, yes. Ia gree...but the money we need is far more than what is stolen or what we earn here.

That is why Nigeria must raise taxes...but long term, we must get off our dependency on oil, and become an industrial nation. We must remove subsides on petrol and power, and direct them to health and education. We must make hard choices.

It has nothing to do with politics, and I don't ;like APC, PDP or LP or any mainstream politican. It has everything to do with fact.

So let's stop complaining and face the cold reality. Hard choices now...or we just take another loan from the IMF, while we pretend they are the cause of our problems.

I don talk my own.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by YaksonFCA(m): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2023
so painful. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by TrumpDonald2: 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2023
Cumtroller:

The nigga has turned the death of his sister into an avenue to beg for funds. Shameless man....

Dont be harsh bro. If he had funds, do you think he would have passed all the private hospitals along the way to go to LUTH?

A lot of people are going through a lot in this country. Be thankful if Nigeria hasn't happened to you.

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by FreedomArmy: 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:

I have a registered business and a family warehouse in Lagos and I am a tax paying Yoruba man in Lagos

Who are you by the way
can you please leave Lagos for the real lagosians and go back to Ibadan. Oga leave Lagos and go back to your state. Why must every tom dick and harry reside in Lagos?
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Moh247: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2023
FreedomArmy:
can you please leave Lagos for the real lagosians and go back to Ibadan. Oga leave Lagos and go back to your state. Why must every tom dick and harry reside in Lagos?

So where are you from?! I mean your father's compound

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Zincfingers: 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
Skyview01:
When i go to any hospital in Nigeria. I look for a very high ranking doctor or personnel and give a gift of substantial amount to take care of my patient. It has always worked for me when in Nigeria.
It's unethical
Doctors are not supposed to receive 'substantial' gifts from patients or their relatives

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by madridguy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2023
To me having money is the best. With money one can easily go to any private hospital where you can get good and adequate attention.

BurialGround:

If you don't have someone to link you to a doctor there, may God help you is the only thing.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by FreedomArmy: 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2023
Kobonaire4:
As usual, most of the comments here run the gamut of

1.Nigeria happened to her

2.Yourbas are evil

3.Igbos are evil

4.Nigeria is run by bad leadership...

Well, let's start from no 4. If we had good leadership they would fund the hospitals by either a mixture of

1.Raised taxes

2.Raised hospital fees.

At which point people would promplty shout that 'We are poor'

Well, we have bad hospitals because we are to poor to pay the amount of money that we need to make them standard.

(And yes, we should stop corruption, but the money saved from gfighting corruption is not going to go to hospitals alone...we have schools, sports, defence, police, roads, etc.).

As for money we need, well, Spain spends nearly 100bn euros on health each year. Nigeria does not spend up to 2bn euros on health. Our budget is not up to 40bn euros.

You see why we take loans, and even then the loans are not enough.

I am saying this because all the complaining we did, was done 20-30 years ago...even in 1985, people were calling our hospitals 'mere consulting clinics'. It was that bad.

Then there is another reason why we do not have bed space...bad primary and secondary health care. Lack of staff (doctor and nurse does not want to work in village), lack of buildings, lack of money...

So the child with severe diarrhea that can be treated at a primary health care level center (I have treated such chilfdren as an NYSC village doc)...is sent to the teaching hospital. The guy with dislocated shoulder instrad of going to a secondary health care center...goes to a teaching hospital.

And as a result...the hopsital is crowded.

Then we don't have enough teaching hospitals. As one senior doctor told me over ten years ago...every state needs 5 teaching hospitals...ie 5 . Not 5 general hospitals...5 TEACHING HOSPITALS....

And all that has to be funded by...raised taxes and raised fees.

So, when I come here and shout that we need to raise our tax to gdp ratio from 8 percent to 50%, and when I come here chanting raised fees...e get why. So that we don't have disasters like this.

But no, people abuse me, call me names, and tell me I am being heartless. Someone even said I belong in the depths.

Well what is your alternative? We should fight corruption, yes. Ia gree...but the money we need is far more than what is stolen or what we earn here.

That is why Nigeria must raise taxes...but long term, we must get off our dependency on oil, and become an industrial nation. We must remove subsides on petrol and power, and direct them to health and education. We must make hard choices.

It has nothing to do with politics, and I don't ;like APC, PDP or LP or any mainstream politican. It has everything to do with fact.

So let's stop complaining and face the cold reality. Hard choices now...or we just take another loan from the IMF, while we pretend they are the cause of our problems.

I don talk my own.
seriously I agree we need to raise taxes and all that but the reality is that you can't raise tax when people will end up embezzling it. You must deal with corruption first and make people believe that the tax raise is going to be put to a good use.

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by ConfidentialDoc: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2023
IpobAntidote:

Mumu man, I'm a true son of Lagos also, but your previous submission is totally and factually false.
No one is telling anyone that Lagos has everything and they should all move to Lagos. They are moving to Lagos because they can see the opportunities as compared to where they are coming from.

Then enjoy the overpopulation and don't complain. Wise man.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by rajiedreez: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
Neduzze5:
This is the more reason why we can't keep supporting stooges put in place by the Irabiji President.

Imagine if 10 percent of the money remitted on a monthly basis to the Irabiji landlord had been pushed into healthcare.

Most foreigners would have been flying in from all over the world to Lagos for their medical checkups and treatments. Even ordinary headache will have them running to Nigeria.

We need a young visionary who isn't held by the throat by an old and analogue person who doesn't even use social media.

So Lagos state government owns LUTH in your mind
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by FreedomArmy: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:

So where are you from?! I mean your father's compound
I am from ibadan also and we own one a thriving automobile sales business in lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? / What Makes You Snore? / Couple And Their Children Burnt In Fire Outbreak In Kaduna. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.