Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi (79431 Views)

Tinubu Invites Obasanjo To Commission Yaba Road And Hospital (Nov 2002 Videos) / Tinubu Invites Shekarau To A Closed Door Meeting / Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Passionnn: 1:02am On Mar 17, 2023
Parachoko:
Even if he agree

Nah spokesman for the Government position Asiwaju go give am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEg0EPJM4SE

Obi is more clueless than Buhari

No wander he has no tangible achievement he can point at in Anambra State.
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Godspikin: 1:08am On Mar 17, 2023
Ojiofor:
Peter Obi is fighting for democracy and rule of law.

Which democracy please?(

1 Like

Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Godspikin: 1:10am On Mar 17, 2023
Ofunaofu:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/16/what-ill-do-if-tinubu-invites-me-into-his-govt-peter-obi/

Who wan even invite am, na so so lies d guy go dey drop up and down

It's not even about him having a third class. I have friends who finished with third class but they are very sound.

1 Like

Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by iTommysco: 1:19am On Mar 17, 2023
GeneralPulal:
Tinubu wont even invite a 3rd class philosophy graduate when we have lots of first class and brilliant young minds in circulation..

You won’t find a failure like a Pandora amidst tinubu’s cabinet..

That picture was when came on board he settled everything and still left millions of naira when he left office.

Truth be told obi is a good man

1 Like

Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by tundeabib1: 1:28am On Mar 17, 2023
JASONjnr:
You can't be clean and wants to join a drug baron government...

You better go home now and straighten things up in Anambra on Saturday instead of crying over spilled milk. Charity begins at home. Till we are able to make those states dreamland, attract investors and make it habitable for all like Lagos, we will still be callously jealous of those who tidy up their homesteads.

1 Like

Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by ycat: 4:11am On Mar 17, 2023
Why would Tinubu invite you into his govt ke? Don't tell me that you are begging for what you will never get. Tinubu's disciples and loyalists yapa to deliver the goods for Nigeria.
Ofunaofu:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/16/what-ill-do-if-tinubu-invites-me-into-his-govt-peter-obi/
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by ycat: 4:14am On Mar 17, 2023
That's why he will have his day in court with all his fake results. I hope there's a counter suit from Tinubu to have him pay for his legal fees for bringing such a frivolous lawsuit when he lost clean. Tinubu can take his Lagos home to cover the judgement if he can't afford to pay.

Obi will not only lose the case, he will also go bankrupt.
Ojiofor:
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 17, 2023
Don't bother about that, your purpose is served already. Go and prepare for another round of operation Tinubu must win by 2027. Tinubu is looking to build a government that is devoid of tribal or religion bigotry and I don't think having someone who turned houses of worship to campaign grounds in his government is good for that.

1 Like

Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by JASONjnr(m): 6:19am On Mar 17, 2023
tundeabib1:

You better go home now and straighten things up in Anambra on Saturday instead of crying over spilled milk. Charity begins at home. Till we are able to make those states dreamland, attract investors and make it habitable for all like Lagos, we will still be callously jealous of those who tidy up their homesteads.

It's not going home to tidy things up.

Let every Nigerian studying and working outside their country home to return and make Nigeria to work.

Let everyone outside their heritage home to return to their homestead. Including those claiming to be Lagosians but are originally from Ogun and Osun, to return home.

If you don't want Igbos in your states, why can't you let them have their referendum and breakfree?
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by OmarBashir: 8:07am On Mar 17, 2023
God forbid, Who will appoint dullard Obi. Liar liar
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Angrymode: 9:04am On Mar 17, 2023
I will continue to stand on my belief that an election that even 1 person is disenfranchised or even 1 vote trampled on is not a successful election. The reason why I love people like Obi is that they are not satisfied with anything that is not perfect nor unjust.

1 Like

Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by TeeteeSho(f): 10:11am On Mar 17, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Check how many assets and properties TINUBU had before he became Lagos State Gobernor and Check what he later started controlling after he became Governor .....

How I wish am a Yoruba man, let me go fully into fraud, drugs and murders. I believe my people will hail me to the highest and even support me in all I will do to grab power whether in a bloody way or evil way....

My love for Yoeuba people ....just how I wish .....

No tribe is clean
You talk about fraud, drugs, murder
How about unclean businesses like fake drugs that kills millions of children, ritual, fraud or are Igbos exempted

Just reason beyond tribalism biko

Moreover, this was the same way we all clamored for change 8 years ago and truly we have experienced the change... All these politicians are thesame none has a clean record abeg
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by SenatePresdo(m): 11:07am On Mar 17, 2023
placeofallure:

Honestly as much as I want to support Obi, I can't. I've seen several short videos of Tinubu and Obi where they're both asked the same or similar questions and each time, Obi has performed below par.

If Obi has it upstairs, then maybe he can't express himself well. As I don't have a close relationship with either of them, I'll judge them by their words, chikena!

Bala blu?
Hazel jagajaga?
Broooooom?
Tear tear umbrelleta?

When Tinubu was asked question in chatam house, he said it should be direct to gbajabiamila?

Nobody is forcing you to support obi, but please stop lying.

2 Likes

Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2023
TeeteeSho:

No tribe is clean
You talk about fraud, drugs, murder
How about unclean businesses like fake drugs that kills millions of children, ritual, fraud or are Igbos exempted

Just reason beyond tribalism biko

Moreover, this was the same way we all clamored for change 8 years ago and truly we have experienced the change... All these politicians are thesame none has a clean record abeg

My brother truly I don't know what else to say....
For how long will we be in this penury then?
All man to himself .......
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Sleekfingers: 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2023
Ojiofor:

Which democracy?
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Prolific007(m): 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2023
This man will forever have my respect.
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Mrmb: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2023
Ofunaofu:

If they agree with the result you go change mouth ain just like you did against the same church you so much had believe and trust in when they told you tinubu's win is God's wish
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Ekemz: 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2023
shegra58:
for where I come from na poor man dey drink beer grin

I'm a king in my area. cheesy
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by OmoEpe(m): 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2023
You are too unintelligent and unimaginative to be part of a cerebral Tinubu's cabinet. Tinubu doesn't surround himself with mediocres
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Akanipaul1411: 7:28pm On Mar 17, 2023
I just spotted illiteracy in you. Did Yu understand the interview at all? Most times, I don't know whether you guys think of future, I mean future occurrences where INEC will come up and announce any result of their choice outside what the people got from the polling units and we will accept it to become a norm and from the there, the rulling power can do any nonesense and still rig themselves in and we will keep accepting it. Don't start what will consume you in future because of your selfishness. What is too difficult for INEC to produce the original results without mutilations? Very simple! INEC should present the original results to prove their innocence and to clarify millions of Nigerians at home and in diaspora.
BOLATINUBU01:
Just accept your defeat in peace, and stop disturbing us jare, oniyeye
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Akanipaul1411: 7:39pm On Mar 17, 2023
Democracy of clarity on election results. Democracy which houses rule of law and respect to the electoral act.
Democracy which reserves the right of citizens to vote and have their votes count. Democracy which reserves the right of citizens to have a copy of the electoral materials. Democracy which houses the electoral act that states cleared that there shall be no collation of results outside the BVAS and other sensitive materials, especially in a case of questioning or non correspondence of results. Democracy which assured the citizens that their results will be snapped and uploaded real time on the IREV for them to view.
These and so many, he (H/E. PETER OBI) is fighting to ensure its adherence.

Sleekfingers:

Which democracy?

Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Akanipaul1411: 7:53pm On Mar 17, 2023
Who is a mediocre? It's Tinubu who can't decipher anything or who can't stay for 5mins without sleeping off that should be called a mediocre. Tinubu's certificates are not verifiable, including marriage and birth certificates. As for the people around him, is it not these same people who couldn't defend him but resorted to ethnic division which means that if the citizens should question then for a particular policy, they will set the country ablaze because they have nothing as a response.

Tell me that intelligent person with Tinubu and I will tell you why such person should rather be addressed as a mediocre. Sometimes, you guys just voice nonesense without minding its effect on who you are defending. How can you compare Tinubu and Obi and end up calling Obi a mediocre? You are drowned in and with sentiment

OmoEpe:
You are too unintelligent and unimaginative to be part of a cerebral Tinubu's cabinet. Tinubu doesn't surround himself with mediocres
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by Ikpaitid: 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2023
Mr Gringory Obi is already begging for appointment.
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by shegra58: 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2023
Ekemz:

I'm a king in my area. cheesy
A man with a eye is the king in the midst of the blind kiss
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by tundeabib1: 3:56am On Mar 19, 2023
JASONjnr:

It's not going home to tidy things up.

Let every Nigerian studying and working outside their country home to return and make Nigeria to work.

Let everyone outside their heritage home to return to their homestead. Including those claiming to be Lagosians but are originally from Ogun and Osun, to return home.

If you don't want Igbos in your states, why can't you let them have their referendum and breakfree?

Nobody is chasing Igbo people from their states. On the other hand, it is the Igbo people who find it difficult to integrate. Why is it that they are always in the opposition. Even when it is obvious that their support for opposition candidate is borne out of hatred and non objective. They claimed we should vote for Peter Obi based on his track records. I'm not against choice of their presidential candidate.But what yardstick do they use to measure achievements the LP guy they are trying to impose on a state that is the heartbeat of Nigeria?. Do they really mean well for this state?
Honestly, if they push for referendum, I will support it wholeheartedly because of their integration problem.
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by JASONjnr(m): 8:24am On Mar 19, 2023
tundeabib1:

Nobody is chasing Igbo people from their states. On the other hand, it is the Igbo people who find it difficult to integrate. Why is it that they are always in the opposition. Even when it is obvious that their support for opposition candidate is borne out of hatred and non objective. They claimed we should vote for Peter Obi based on his track records. I'm not against choice of their presidential candidate.But what yardstick do they use to measure achievements the LP guy they are trying to impose on a state that is the heartbeat of Nigeria?. Do they really mean well for this state?
Honestly, if they push for referendum, I will support it wholeheartedly because of their integration problem.

Now the problem is integration?

This is tribalism..

Igbos come to Lagos and buy lands and build houses... They buy lands and build factories and even learn your languages to be able to do business with you.

How many Hausas own lands and properties in Lagos? They rather rent till they decide to leave. Hausa do not own properties outside their homestate.

Yorubas originall6hates the Igbos for being Igbos not because of their integration.

Igbos and Yorubas have the same southern bloodline and behavioural pattern of living ...

This hatefulness towards Igbos from the Yorubas is all political and it's usually from the traditional leaders who gets bribe to spill the hateful words and that will spread.

Igbos are supporting a Yoruba person and that becomes an issue?
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by tundeabib1: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2023
JASONjnr:

Now the problem is integration?

This is tribalism..

Igbos come to Lagos and buy lands and build houses... They buy lands and build factories and even learn your languages to be able to do business with you.

How many Hausas own lands and properties in Lagos? They rather rent till they decide to leave. Hausa do not own properties outside their homestate.

Yorubas originall6hates the Igbos for being Igbos not because of their integration.

Igbos and Yorubas have the same southern bloodline and behavioural pattern of living ...

This hatefulness towards Igbos from the Yorubas is all political and it's usually from the traditional leaders who gets bribe to spill the hateful words and that will spread.

Igbos are supporting a Yoruba person and that becomes an issue?

I am interested in this conversation because I find you at least reasonable enough and ready to learn. There's no doubt that the igbos are very enterprising and resilient. But the truth is, integration is not measured with what you acquire in such communities, but how you respect the social norm and values of the hosts. Moreover, you must not be perceived as perpetually being antagonistic everytime. There's no dispute about the fact that Igbos enjoy every right to live and carry out their businesses, even marry and own properties where they are.
They should also reciprocate by appreciation, not taking unnecessary antagonistic stand at all time. A typical example was during the Era of Fashola as governor of Lagos state. Being widely accepted and acclaimed as best governor at the time, the Igbos still massively voted against him. Such prejudice coming from a particular tribe at all times means they have a mindset of not in anyway been objective and constructive in their criticism and stance they take.
The issue of Igbo presidency, I think they should employ the principle of integration as well. To be able to win, the idea of 'alienation' should be abolished. Efforts must be made to make pact and change people's perspective through integration. I still insist, integration.
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by JASONjnr(m): 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
tundeabib1:

I am interested in this conversation because I find you at least reasonable enough and ready to learn. There's no doubt that the igbos are very enterprising and resilient. But the truth is, integration is not measured with what you acquire in such communities, but how you respect the social norm and values of the hosts. Moreover, you must not be perceived as perpetually being antagonistic everytime. There's no dispute about the fact that Igbos enjoy every right to live and carry out their businesses, even marry and own properties where they are.
They should also reciprocate by appreciation, not taking unnecessary antagonistic stand at all time. A typical example was during the Era of Fashola as governor of Lagos state. Being widely accepted and acclaimed as best governor at the time, the Igbos still massively voted against him. Such prejudice coming from a particular tribe at all times means they have a mindset of not in anyway been objective and constructive in their criticism and stance they take.
The issue of Igbo presidency, I think they should employ the principle of integration as well. To be able to win, the idea of 'alienation' should be abolished. Efforts must be made to make pact and change people's perspective through integration. I still insist, integration.

This is why I don't usually engage or reply mentions on this forum.

You've carefully belittled me when I refused to judged your thinking process....

Willing to learn are big words to use against someone who you don't even know.

I will let it slide and I hope you don't come up with that nonsense again....

You sited an instance where Fashola was described as the best governor at a time.

On your own, he's the best, but the Igbos are entrepreneurial spirited and the government of Fashola must have been giving out laws that isn't favourable to them and their businesses. Or excess charges meted on them...

Igbos appreciate their host communities. But they're perceived as trouble makers.

Can you say the same for the Hausas and Fulani herders? Do they respect your women and children?

The same way Yorubas are always united to vote a person of their choice is the same way Igbos are always united to vote their choice.

It's always unfortunate that Igbos choice is always an opposed decision to the Yorubas. The very day that Igbos and Yorubas will come together will be the day that the south will conquer and rule this country.

But the divisiveness comes when either one of the Igbos or Yorubas betraying the other to gain favour from the North.

The North comes with its population from Kano, Katsina, and Kaduna... This will always make the S/W to jump into any form of agreement with the North.

Integration isn't the problem, but how you welcome and tolerate your visitors... You endure the excesses of the Hausas but you can't do the same for the Igbos...
Re: What I’ll Do If Tinubu Invites Me Into His Government – Peter Obi by tundeabib1: 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
JASONjnr:

This is why I don't usually engage or reply mentions on this forum.

You've carefully belittled me when I refused to judged your thinking process....

Willing to learn are big words to use against someone who you don't even know.

I will let it slide and I hope you don't come up with that nonsense again....

You sited an instance where Fashola was described as the best governor at a time.

On your own, he's the best, but the Igbos are entrepreneurial spirited and the government of Fashola must have been giving out laws that isn't favourable to them and their businesses. Or excess charges meted on them...

Igbos appreciate their host communities. But they're perceived as trouble makers.

Can you say the same for the Hausas and Fulani herders? Do they respect your women and children?

The same way Yorubas are always united to vote a person of their choice is the same way Igbos are always united to vote their choice.

It's always unfortunate that Igbos choice is always an opposed decision to the Yorubas. The very day that Igbos and Yorubas will come together will be the day that the south will conquer and rule this country.

But the divisiveness comes when either one of the Igbos or Yorubas betraying the other to gain favour from the North.

The North comes with its population from Kano, Katsina, and Kaduna... This will always make the S/W to jump into any form of agreement with the North.

Integration isn't the problem, but how you welcome and tolerate your visitors... You endure the excesses of the Hausas but you can't do the same for the Igbos...

I am amazed that you misconstrued my choice of words when I said 'ready to learn'. However, I never mentioned anything that would irk you in anyway that would make me deserve what you called nonsense. I'm a bit angered. But I will also let it slide. I hope you'll carefully and subtly register your protest or resentment next time as a wise man I assume you are.
Going forward, you said Igbos were mainly affected by Fashola's revenue drive. It is known all over developed world that governments cannot survive or thrive on subsections alone. And the taxation drive was blanket and not directed at only the Igbos. Moreover, are the Igbos only concerned about business aspect of life? What about security, social amenities and general conducive environment even for the business? That is not acceptable and it brings us back to the issue of integration.
I'm glad you stated the fact about the possible alliance of the 2 tribes to wrestle power from the North. But once a solution is identified, why are we not towing the path? I think there's the issue of trust deficit here. Because the type of antecedence I mentioned before could also possibly be the cause of such trust deficit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Last Photo Of Ishiaka Adeleke Before His Death / President Buhari Nearly Falls In Kogi During Campaign / Peter Obi Hugs Atiku Abubakar After Being Selected As His Running Mate. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.