Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? (11120 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by SoftP(m): 8:02am On Mar 18, 2023
Q
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by everythinggirly(f): 8:04am On Mar 18, 2023
One of the hardest times in the history of Nigeria especially for the poor masses, people staying in the rural area are suffering so much, some have never seen the new cash, thank God majority of them are farmers.
Meanwhile people in the urban area it's either transfer or cash given to these market women with 100 naira charge.

5 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by onyxo76(m): 8:04am On Mar 18, 2023
everything I buy especially at the roadside attracts charges, filling station too is with charges ,the only place free of such is at supermarkets.

3 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Karlifate: 8:07am On Mar 18, 2023
onyxo76:
everything I buy especially at the roadside attracts charges, filling station too is with charges ,the only place free of such is at supermarkets.

Because they've added their own "charges" to the fixed price. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Maj196(m): 8:07am On Mar 18, 2023
All I can say is Nigeria is a useless country hellbent on killing her citizens

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Divay22(f): 8:08am On Mar 18, 2023
Offpoint1:
Thread for those who cook.

I don't cook, if you don't have POS and still don't accept transfer, first thing I'd say to you is "You're not serious with your life" then walk away.
Then how do you eat undecided

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by seanwilliam(m): 8:09am On Mar 18, 2023
Honestly speaking , I’m not that affected. I mostly transfer to my girl and she’ll go to the market and sort everything , infact I can live on no cash for 10 years.
I buy things in bulk too so I mainly do transfer.

For example yesterday I bought fishfrom one woman , she didn’t want tranfer I told her I’ll add charges , bought 3k fish and added 500 charges.
But if na my babe, she no go gree give am charges , she’ll rather go market grin sodiki

4 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 18, 2023
I bought garri with #1k as charge.Na for village o.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by onyxo76(m): 8:10am On Mar 18, 2023
Karlifate:

Because they've added their own "charges" to the fixed price. cheesy
they should just allow cash to circulate so that things will be easier to purchase, the networks are not helping matters too.

3 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Anunakeeh: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2023
H
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:10am On Mar 18, 2023
Mostly Transfers.

But snacking has really suffered. You Groundnuts, Oranges, Banana and some snacking are on a hold for now. Most of them don't have Accounts and when they do, they tell you their Suppliers prefer Cash.

And I can't withdraw #1k for POS to charge me #300 on top wetin.

So, snacking is on holiday.

4 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Anunakeeh: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2023
onyxo76:

They should just allow cash to circulate so that things will be easier to purchase, the networks are not helping matters too.

Keep on DREAMING!!!😂
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by FireUpNow(m): 8:13am On Mar 18, 2023
Palmpay to the rescue. Can transfer even 100 naira. Bank apps are demonic like Mr Godwin Emiefele

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Jeffyblaq(m): 8:13am On Mar 18, 2023
Bleep the government 🖕
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Karlifate: 8:14am On Mar 18, 2023
onyxo76:

they should just allow cash to circulate so that things will be easier to purchase, the networks are not helping matters too.

All I can say is, let's be hopeful cheesy

Since we live based on hope in Nigeria.
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Angrymode: 8:15am On Mar 18, 2023
It's been terrible. Going into details will be too depressing and annoying. Just terrible!
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Mylovelyson: 8:15am On Mar 18, 2023
Please Nigerians help those who no get like us, unemployment is not our fault, please kindly help me 2086957900 UBA, collins
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by incandescentena: 8:20am On Mar 18, 2023
JennycIay:
Transfer with charges?
Asin mobile transfer not pos?
Is she okay?
She is among those who doesn't want a better Nigeria.

What of the worthless Emefuilure and Buhari?? Do they want citizens to enjoy a better Nigeria?

Becareful!

To the topic. Op I dey cope o. I have this noodles vendor girlfriend which I got closer to her more all because of these cash sh!t.. After she sell to customers, I harvest all the cash with her and do a transfer to her Opay wallet, same value.

Very helpful ''LORD CHOSEN'' humble lady

Lest I forget: Fire and brimstone hammer Emefuilure and buhari generation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Psady(m): 8:21am On Mar 18, 2023
mariahAngel:
To tell you the truth, it has not been that easy.
Especially with sellers of smaller food items like tomatoes, peppers, vegetables, soup ingredients.
To buy from sellers of these items, one has to have cash to pay, as they hardly accept transfer.

There's a trick I use to get little cash; I go to my bread seller, buy some bread pay through transfer, then I ask my bread seller to allow me transfer more, so that she could give me back in cash, and she's kind enough to oblige me.
That way, I'm able to buy the rest of the things I need.

So, how have you been coping?
same trick I used after tasking my brain for hours after seeking cash around ,I was so relieved when the bread seller told me he would give me cash after transferring above what am buying.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by easytig(m): 8:21am On Mar 18, 2023
My mai guard has a small kiosk,so when he wants to buy like five sets of water,he calls me to transfer money to the seller,I do, seller brings him the water,he gives me the cash without any yeye charge.he really save me this period.i will forever pray for him.

3 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by DonBenny77(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2023
Na transfer na.
Account don empty sef
E no easy, who go show me love today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by NezzyMike: 8:23am On Mar 18, 2023
emekajacobogbon:
Let's stop the negative speech in terms of tribalism and bigotry in this forum, it will do us a greater favor if we refrain from it because I believe there is power in words.
Each word you speak to another person is a seed down in that person's heart and it will definitely germinate and blossom one day to give you back the fruits.
This forum has the potential of education, entertainment, news, etc for the good and relaxation of hardworking Nigerians, it is very painful to me to sometimes decided to take a break from work and come online to relax only to start hearing negative tribal and derogatory remarks about another person.
For those questioning my position to determine what is good and what is bad,
For those asking me to keep quiet coz I'm not GOD, Freedom of choice doesn't require one to be a God to exercise, it is a duty God delegated to mankind to have freedom to choose but the worst part is that what ever choice you make, you must face the consequences.
So it's for your own good to make a positive choice.
The society can only regulate and enforce positive behavior to an extent but it lies on each individual to make the world a better place by making positive choices

Bro, your advice is inorder. This act of tribalism on nairaland made me not to help a guy on this forum from MC Oluomo's tribe lipsrsealed, they are so toxic and most have no integrity. They everything na cruise till it hits them hard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by NinjaXmetahuman: 8:25am On Mar 18, 2023
It has been terrible.

Shopping that normally supposed to take 2hrs maxx now takes 5hrs or more.

Cos you have to wait for merchants to confirm transfer before you are allowed to go with what you bought which sometimes takes forever.
The annoying part is most of them demanding charges.

Emefiele and buhari destroyed every last part of economy standing.

3 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by oxiide22(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2023
emekajacobogbon:
Let's stop the negative speech in terms of tribalism and bigotry in this forum, it will do us a greater favor if we refrain from it because I believe there is power in words.
Each word you speak to another person is a seed down in that person's heart and it will definitely germinate and blossom one day to give you back the fruits.
This forum has the potential of education, entertainment, news, etc for the good and relaxation of hardworking Nigerians, it is very painful to me to sometimes decided to take a break from work and come online to relax only to start hearing negative tribal and derogatory remarks about another person.
For those questioning my position to determine what is good and what is bad,
For those asking me to keep quiet coz I'm not GOD, Freedom of choice doesn't require one to be a God to exercise, it is a duty God delegated to mankind to have freedom to choose but the worst part is that what ever choice you make, you must face the consequences.
So it's for your own good to make a positive choice.
The society can only regulate and enforce positive behavior to an extent but it lies on each individual to make the world a better place by making positive choices
God bless you
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by slan87(m): 8:26am On Mar 18, 2023
kinah:

My brother.
In ABEOKUTA here o
Anything you buy add charges.
Some don't collect, they prefer cash.
For me if is not more than 50 naira,we are game.
POs terminal, Card o, opay,palmpay add charges.
They explained that they buy physical money to pay for their goods. I patronize 2nd village people more so the real village people don't collect transfer.
My superior didn't cook good meals for her family for weeks because she couldn't go to the market. Took her to the market to stock the house, humbly she just they add charges on all she bought. The children were happy they could eat good meals finally.

The issue of charges here in abeokuta is worse, I wanted to buy meat yesterday @ panseke the seller said I must include charges.

Not is fault, na CBN & Mr Ajala cause am

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by MrDoGood(m): 8:32am On Mar 18, 2023
In Abuja, almost every shop has POS machine. Even Mallam that sells onion and tomato has POS now. Almost everything, I just use my card for payment. And Opay has been helpful too.

If you have money in your bank and can't do transfer, nor pay with the card. You can actually use your opay app to debit your card and make the transfer.

NOTE: This is not an advert for Opay.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Coder2Client(m): 8:32am On Mar 18, 2023
mariahAngel:
To tell you the truth, it has not been that easy.
Especially with sellers of smaller food items like tomatoes, peppers, vegetables, soup ingredients.
To buy from sellers of these items, one has to have cash to pay, as they hardly accept transfer.

There's a trick I use to get little cash; I go to my bread seller, buy some bread pay through transfer, then I ask my bread seller to allow me transfer more, so that she could give me back in cash, and she's kind enough to oblige me.
That way, I'm able to buy the rest of the things I need.

So, how have you been coping?

That's the system I used, too.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by wallarwallar(m): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2023
Very bad and the worst thing abt it is wen you transfer and money is not recoeve immediately then u hv to drop tings u bought and check back later dis is d most annoying ting and u can't blame d seller cos anything can happen so sometime to get some stuff become very difficult expecially food items. . We no go finish if I begin share my experiences on daily basis may God reward emefele with d same pain and stress we are experiencing dat we don't even know ow wen it will end

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Ikamandoncome: 8:36am On Mar 18, 2023
Karlifate:
Opay ✅

Palmpay ✅

Kuda ✅

The 3 of them came to the rescue during this cash brouhaha 💯

Kudos to their developers & C.E.Os. 🤝

A lot of POS operators are like a roaring lion, seeking whom to devour. cheesy

Add fairmoney bank,the best bank I know.my first bank dey mumu, fairmoney app always helping with good banking services.

3 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by incandescentena: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2023
Time will come when the poor
got no money or nothing else to
eat ... This so call politicians will
know and understand the full meaning of the masses sitting on keg of gun powder

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by CodeTemplar: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2023
Transfers and POS. Choose where you buy from and buy in bulk.

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Offpoint1: 8:41am On Mar 18, 2023
Divay22:

Then how do you eat undecided

My boo-boo, happy new year cheesy

Tea and snacks is my food smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My food album. (Pictures) / What's Your Most-hated Kitchen Chore/task? / Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.