Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. (83176 Views)

Saraki's Son Didn't Spray Dollar Notes On Strippers: Media Group Dismisses Video / Osun Election: EFCC Arrests APC Official Caught Buying Votes At Isale Osun / Osun Election: INEC Official Caught In Ayedaade LGA (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Tenrack: 5:13am On Mar 19, 2023
Ujukitchen:
Let her just feel it for the first time before sleeping in police cell grin
I subscribed o. Abeg add more contents.

1 Like

Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 19, 2023
wirinet:

Army rule has its pros and cons just like this quazi-democracy.
Pros of military rule
Nigerians were more united. No tribalism or tribal hatred among Nigerians. Nigerian were living in all parts of Nigeria without molestation or oppression from tribalists or religious extremists. Isolate cases of religous extremism was quickly dealt with by the military. No sharia,no militancy, no cultists.

Anyone could be governor of any state irrespective of tribe. Lagos has had igbo military Governors twice and no one complained.

Cheaper.
Military regime was far more Cheaper than the present democracy. Power charged hand by simple coup and state governments by simple appointments. This last election cost Nigerians close to half trillion. This will more or less wasted every 4 years.

Another area of cost savings under military is political offices and appointments. Under military regimes the head of state and governors have very little appointments, the number of ministers, special assistants, senior special assistants, advisers, special advisers, etc, are very few. Under democracy, apart from commisioners, there are a plethora of assistants, special assistants, senior special assistants, etc. Governor Wike alone appointed over 200,000 special assistants in one go, all to be paid from state coffers.

Then there is the cost of the legislature. Under military there is not legislature. So the cost of running national assembly and state assembly for each state is non existent.

These were the reason why there were more public investments in infrastructure during military regimes than democracy.

Even then, it did not make Nigeria better.

At least under this civillian rule, I can call out this government, and the incoming one for their evil. I could not dare do that under army rule.

Let's be a democracy. At least we have a choice. I am just as disgusted as you are with this democrazy, but army rule is a big no for me

Cheap ke? The same looting that happens now, happened then. The same budget deficits, same losses, etc ...happened under army rule.

Let's get this democratic experiment working.

APC won because the opposition was divided. That's why we are all so sad. But if the egos in PDP had calmed down, we would have not had an APC government incoming after the disaster of the last 8 years.

We've tried army rule twice. It DID NOT MAKE US BETTER...infact it even inflicted some of the problems we are still dealing with today. We are suffering because of the mistake of 15 january 1966. Yes, the first republic was corrupt, but at the end, removing it created the mess we find ourselves in.

Democracy is not built in a day.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Ezzymadu: 5:24am On Mar 19, 2023
yarimo:
It shall never be well with PETER OBI undecided
Your mouth bend idiot is OBI inec
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Nerdnextdoor: 5:24am On Mar 19, 2023
They said if we missed it this time, then it's gone forever. . . So did we really miss it? Or just that the Oppositions were divided?
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Unrated900(m): 5:34am On Mar 19, 2023
Inec should free this woman
If it is not a crime for politicians to hold dollars
So why is it a crime for her having dollars.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by wirinet(m): 5:43am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

That your personal opinion. Lots of people will say their lives is far worse in terms of security, standard of living and happiness now than under the military

At least under this civillian rule, I can call out this government, and the incoming one for their evil. I could not dare do that under army rule.
I don't see much difference in terms of freedom of expression between this our democracy and military rule. Lots of people called out the military, some were persecuted, some were not. Some people like late chief Gani Fawehinmi and Fela were a thorn in the flesh of the military. Fela openly insulted a sitting head of state and he was not locked up and arrested. A blogger insulted the first lady, and he was arrested, taken to Aso Rock and beaten in front of the first lady. Is that not evil?

Let's be a democracy. At least we have a choice. I am just as disgusted as you are with this democrazy, but army rule is a big no for me
The so called choice is an illusion. The government in conjuction with the ruling class have already decided on who will be president before the first ballot is cast. If we actually have choice, why is it that the choice is limited to only 3 or 4 candidates. Since this democratic experiment Atiku, Buhari, Tinubu are perpetual candidates. If a primary is held a hundred times, and they are allowed to contest, they will always win.

Cheap ke? The same looting that happens now, happened then. The same budget deficits, same losses, etc ...happened under army rule.
How much looting takes place in military regimes? You want to compare the revenues and budget under military governments to civilians? You want to compare the amount borrowed from external creditors under military regimes to under this democratic dispensation. The budget for a single year is more that the total budget of the Abacha and abdulsalami admistrations for 8 years.

It's just not working. It's getting more expensive with each election and getting worse in terms of credibility.

APC won because the opposition was divided.
APC would have won obviously because the opposition is in disarray. But it cheated with the connivance of INEC. Let INEC prove that APC actually win fair and square.

That's why we are all so sad. But if the egos in PDP had calmed down, we would have not had an APC government incoming after the disaster of the last 8 years.
That's politics. The same thing happened in the US. The republicans lost the last election because they were disunited. All we need and deserve is a free and fair election. If it failed, we can take the blame in clear conscience.

We've tried army rule twice. It DID NOT MAKE US BETTER...infact it even inflicted some of the problems we are still dealing with today. We are suffering because of the mistake of 15 january 1966. Yes, the first republic was corrupt, but at the end, removing it created the mess we find ourselves in.
As I said the army came in to unify Nigerians, and they did a descent job of that. Its only the military that's keeping Nigeria as a country today. The day the military divides, we break up into a thousand pieces.

Yes. But we do not have to reinvent the wheel. We can build Rome faster - probably in a decade by buying/adopting the city plan. UAE built Rome Dubai in 30 years, how long will it take us to build Rome?

1 Like

Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by onumadu: 5:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

APC won because the opposition was divided. That's why we are all so sad. But if the egos in PDP had calmed down, we would have not had an APC government incoming after the disaster of the last 8 years.

Look, APC did not win elections: APC simply stole the elections whole sale.
If PDP did half of what APC has done since 2015, PDP will still be in power till today.
No matter how united the opposition may get, APC will simply rig the elections. End of story.
The problem is that APC destroyed Nigeria's democracy, and there is really no hope.

Nigeria still has an intact military and that is good.
These politicians have not achieved any political transformation of Nigeria since 1999.
Simple constitutional amendment, they can't do.
Something the military did in a matter of months, these politicians haven't done in 24 years of democracy.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Ujukitchen(f): 6:04am On Mar 19, 2023
Tenrack:
I subscribed o. Abeg add more contents.

What?
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by wirinet(m): 6:05am On Mar 19, 2023
onumadu:

If PDP did half of what APC has done since 2015, PDP will still be in power till today.
No matter how united the opposition may get, APC will simple rig the elections. End of story.
The problem is that APC destroyed Nigeria's democracy, and there is really no hope.

These politicians have not achieved any political transformation of Nigeria since 1999.
Something the military did in a matter of months, these politicians haven't done in 24 years of democracy.

My brother imagine. Something the Military did in 6 months with little resources and people, the civillians have not been able to do after 24 years of democracy, and after spending tens of trillions of naira with thousands on so called legislators. And these same people are still blaming the military for giving us decree 24 of 1999.
So why exactly are we spending trillions naira on both state and federal legislatures?
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Dedeity: 6:14am On Mar 19, 2023
yarimo:
It shall never be well with PETER OBI undecided
Lunatic on the loose
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 19, 2023
wirinet:

That your personal opinion. Lots of people will say their lives is far worse in terms of security, standard of living and happiness now than under the military

I don't see much difference in terms of freedom of expression between this our democracy and military rule. Lots of people called out the military, some were persecuted, some were not. Some people like late chief Gani Fawehinmi and Fela were a thorn in the flesh of the military. Fela openly insulted a sitting head of state and he was not locked up and arrested. A blogger insulted the first lady, and he was arrested, taken to Aso Rock and beaten in front of the first lady. Is that not evil?

The so called choice is an illusion. The government in conjuction with the ruling class have already decided on who will be president before the first ballot is cast. If we actually have choice, why is it that the choice is limited to only 3 or 4 candidates. Since this democratic experiment Atiku, Buhari, Tinubu are perpetual candidates. If a primary is held a hundred times, and they are allowed to contest, they will always win.

How much looting takes place in military regimes? You want to compare the revenues and budget under military governments to civilians? You want to compare the amount borrowed from external creditors under military regimes to under this democratic dispensation. The budget for a single year is more that the total budget of the Abacha and abdulsalami admistrations for 8 years.

It's just not working. It's getting more expensive with each election and getting worse in terms of credibility.

APC would have won obviously because the opposition is in disarray. But it cheated with the connivance of INEC. Let INEC prove that APC actually win fair and square.

That's politics. The same thing happened in the US. The republicans lost the last election because they were disunited. All we need and deserve is a free and fair election. If it failed, we can take the blame in clear conscience.

As I said the army came in to unify Nigerians, and they did a descent job of that. Its only the military that's keeping Nigeria as a country today. The day the military divides, we break up into a thousand pieces.

Yes. But we do not have to reinvent the wheel. We can build Rome faster - probably in a decade by buying/adopting the city plan. UAE built Rome Dubai in 30 years, how long will it take us to build Rome?

UAE is a oppresive nation, and building an economy is not the same as building a democracy.

We tried army rule in the past and emerged poorer for it.

It takes time to build a democracy.

All I know is, I am freer under democracy, even with the APC and PDP mess, than I ever was under army rule.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 19, 2023
onumadu:

No matter how united the opposition may get, APC will simply rig the elections. End of story.

Oga, if all the votes against APC went for Atiku or Obi, you won't be telling me this.

This is not the first time opposition loses elections.

Kenyan oppositon lost two elections before they grasped the fact that they had to work together. And win they did, under the same electoral system wherein they lost twice.

Buhari won, after losing three times, because the oppositon in 2015 was united, while the governing party was divided.

Tinubu won for the same reason GEJ won in 2011, the oppostion was divided into 4 parties...just like it was in 2011.

At the end, unity matters. If Obi and Atiku and Wike and Kwakwaso had been more humble...if the Asaba accord to get a Southern candidate for PDP had been adhered to, Tinubu and Buhari would have been the ones being angry about losing.

Better focus on 2027 now, or we would end up with 12 additional years of APC for nothing.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 19, 2023
wirinet:

My brother imagine. Something the Military did in 6 months with little resources and people, the civillians have not been able to do after 24 years of democracy, and after spending tens of trillions of naira with thousands on so called legislators. And these same people are still blaming the military for giving us decree 24 of 1999.
So why exactly are we spending trillions naira on both state and federal legislatures?

The same constitution you guys grumble about, you are now praising?

Okay. cheesy
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Autobot05: 6:29am On Mar 19, 2023
Dickcap:

Go back to your village chinedu grin

Stop trying to be senseless ...
In a proper country anybody can relocate anywhere even non citizens sef
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by wirinet(m): 6:36am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

UAE is a oppresive nation, and building an economy is not the same as building a democracy.
What do you mean UAE is an oppressive nation?who are they oppressing? - their own citizens or foreigners?
Housing, education, health care are free for citizens in UAE. Would you not crave that kind of oppression?

We tried army rule in the past and emerged poorer for it.
What do you mean? Nigeria is poorer now than at any time during military regime.

It takes time to build a democracy.
How much time do we need to start building democracy because what we are building now is not democracy. People are being threatened to stay off the polling booths, thugs are killing and snatching ballots boxes while security agents look on, electoral officials are writing results that not reflected by the actual votes, at the end of the day president is said to be elected by less than 10% of the total population. If that you definition of building democracy.

All I know is, I am freer under democracy, even with the APC and PDP mess, than I ever was under army rule.

Sing a song or put out a blog insulting the first lady today (not even the president) and we will see if you are freer under democracy than under military rule.

Tinubu has hinted that he will be be intolerant to press and opinion freedom when he ascends power. He is already threatening Peter Obi for rejecting his election.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Onedayoneday: 6:38am On Mar 19, 2023
Very stupid of her. Of all places, she couldn't wait to live the place first?
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by wirinet(m): 6:38am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

The same constitution you guys grumble about, you are now praising?

Okay. cheesy
I am not praising anything. I am asking why the constitution has not been changed by civilians after 24 years, abi dem dey wait for military to come back and change it for dem?
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 19, 2023
wirinet:

What do you mean UAE is an oppressive nation?who are they oppressing? - their own citizens or foreigners?
Housing, education, health care are free for citizens in UAE. Would you not crave that kind of oppression?

What do you mean? Nigeria is poorer now than at any time during military regime.

How much time do we need to start building democracy because what we are building now is not democracy. People are being threatened to stay off the polling booths, thugs are killing and snatching ballots boxes while security agents look on, electoral officials are writing results that not reflected by the actual votes, at the end of the day president is said to be elected by less than 10% of the total population. If that you definition of building democracy.

Sing a song or put out a blog insulting the first lady today (not even the president) and we will see if you are freer under democracy than under military rule.

Tinubu has hinted that he will be be intolerant to press and opinion freedom when he ascends power. He is already threatening Peter Obi for rejecting his election.

It is like you guys forget history.

At least, we all thought Buhari would be a maximun dictator. It did not turn out that way.

We at least have rights we have now that we never had under army rule.

At the end, when a side loses in democracy, it is painful...it is to me that has never liked any of our ruling parties since 1999, and wishes that Nigerians voted them all out....but such pain should not let you make choices we end up regretting.

In 1966, and 83, we chose army because 'politicans bad'. Did we not regret? Did we not end up getting angry when Gowon suddenly said in 1974 that Nigeria was not ready for democracy? Did we not suffer the 15 years of hardship from 1983-99, after getting rid of those evil second republic citizens?

Did we not end up in a brutal civil war because of the events of JANAUARY 15 1966?

Did we not even end up going from a reasonably diversified economy in January 1966 to an oil dependent, poor , dutch diseased nation by Jnauary 1999, after most of those years were under Army rule.

If you think that Tinubu will oppress the press.....what the eff do you think the army did to the media when they were in charge? It certainly was not freedom of media.

Tinubu won. It was a disaster. Let's learn our lessons and restrict APC to 4 more years. By 2027, we would be ready to kick them out.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 19, 2023
wirinet:

I am not praising anything. I am asking why the constitution has not been changed by civilians after 24 years, abi dem dey wait for military to come back and change it for dem?

Yes, army did constituton in six months...without our consent, is what you guys are now praising.

If you want restructuring now, form a party and fight for it. Democracy is hard work.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by CSTRR: 6:45am On Mar 19, 2023
And these are the politicians that want to give you good governance.?

Una go suffer eh.

1 Like

Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by CSTRR: 6:48am On Mar 19, 2023
I am going to be very petty in the next four years.

If you know you support apc, just keep supporting them.
Lap it all up.

If you come online to complain, I will laugh you papa to scorn.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by wirinet(m): 6:48am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Oga, if all the votes against APC went for Atiku or Obi, you won't be telling me this.

Kenyan oppositon lost two elections before they grasped the fact that they had to work together. And win they did, under the same electoral system wherein they lost twice.

Buhari won, after losing three times, because the oppositon in 2015 was united, while the governing party was divided.

Tinubu won for the same reason GEJ won in 2011, the oppostion was divided into 4 parties...just like it was in 2011.

At the end, unity matters. If Obi and Atiku and Wike and Kwakwaso had been more humble...if the Asaba accord to get a Southern candidate for PDP had been adhered to, Tinubu and Buhari would have been the ones being angry about losing.

Better focus on 2027 now, or we would end up with 12 additional years of APC for nothing.

I am really not bothered about the politics and I don't care who becomes the president. My own is concern is a free and fair process thar reflects the wishes of generality of Nigerians.

If INEC followed its guidelines, there would be no question of rigging or legitimacy of the elections. We should discourage the practice where governors and political bigwigs rig elections and impose candidates on the electorates.
Democracy will only start to take root when political office holders are afraid of the electorates. Right now the relationship between political office holders and the electorates is that of overlord and servant because their votes don't count.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 19, 2023
wirinet:

UAE has a population less than 15 million and produces 2.8m barels of crude per day, compared to us who have a populaiton of 220 million and produce or manage to produice 1.2million barrels of crude per day.

Of course, per capita, they would have enough money for all them freebies. We can't.

That's a big reason why I am disappointed with Obi, Atiku and Tinubu and Buhari and all our leaders past. They won;t make the decisions needed for us to become an industrial producing nation...which is how we can earn enough cash to be like UAE.

If Nuclear fission is discovered tomorrow., UAE is going to go broke in a year. And they know it.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by wirinet(m): 6:51am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Yes, army did constituton in six months...without our consent, is what you guys are now praising.

If you want restructuring now, form a party and fight for it. Democracy is hard work.

Restructuring lies with the national assembly as it is a constitutional issue. Why has the national assembly not restructured the constitution and thus the country after 24 years of democracy? How long do you think they would need to change the constitution to reflect restructuring?
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by CSTRR: 6:51am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Nobody is interested in providing any opposition anymore

You are wasting your time.
We have given up.

Even the idiots we were fighting for joined in the oppression and bigotry.

The next thing now is to japa if you can.

The apc can rule for next 1000 years, nobody cares.

Let those that support them keep supporting them
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by sixthsensekids(m): 6:56am On Mar 19, 2023
JASONjnr:

You are a child paid to spill trash...

Just imagine the child spewing gibberish.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Bluntemperor: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2023
If anybody is caught against the elections or electoral rules,let them be charged to the Courts of Law- is part of deeping the Democratic Process!
But the OP did not elaborate on what we are seeing!
Meaning,we have a doubt as ,you don't just show us that someone is counting money or Dollars,but the process leading to this is missing,for that should have been put first in place of the story!
The kind of today's Journalism,where only the tail is seen is out of this World!
Na wao for Social Media reporters!
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by mosaicafrique: 6:59am On Mar 19, 2023
How are we sure it's not Eluu pee that gave her the money
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by wirinet(m): 7:00am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

That's a big reason why I am disappointed with Obi, Atiku and Tinubu and Buhari and all our leaders past. They won;t make the decisions needed for us to become an industrial producing nation...which is how we can earn enough cash to be like UAE.

If Nuclear fission is discovered tomorrow., UAE is going to go broke in a year. And they know it.
False
They don't depend on oil revenues alone. They have invested heavily in trade, services, infrastructure, tourism and internationally, and today they are reaping the rewards of their investments. If they stop exporting today, they would not go broke.
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 19, 2023
CSTRR:

Nobody is interested in providing any opposition anymore

You are wasting your time.
We have given up.

Even the idiots we were fighting for joined in the oppression and bigotry.

The next thing now is to japa if you can.

The apc can rule for next 1000 years, nobody cares.

Let those that support them keep supporting them

That's what Bubu boys were saying back in 2011 too...when GEJ won.

We know what their master did next.

Obi better do the same thing too.

Demcoracy is hard work.

Me, I am angry that Nigerians won't vote the elite out...
Re: INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 19, 2023
wirinet:

Restructuring lies with the national assembly as it is a constitutional issue. Why has the national assembly not restructured the constitution and thus the country after 24 years of democracy? How long do you think they would need to change the constitution to reflect restructuring?

Because most of the people crying restructuring do so on Nairaland and in the cities, in closed circles

They have refused to go out and get people convinced on the neeed for restructuring

When that happens...things will change

Till then, the politicians keep pretending.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos Of Sunday Igboho After His Release From Prison / “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi / Obasanjo Presents Soludo As Finance Minister, Tinubu Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.