Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? (30399 Views)

Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. / Pictures From Mike Adenuga`s Billion Naira Banana Island Estate / 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by mitofag: 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2011
Shy-One:

I am not a fat girl who needs fat clothes - why did you post this?

Shy Girl,

Are you now in Lagos or back from Lagos?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2011
Appearance and behavior are the first impressions.  We all have judged people by their appearance and behavior.  Lets not get on the hide horse.  

If she dresses like a LovePeddler, a man will see her as a LovePeddler.  She doesn't need to sell toto to be a LovePeddler when it comes to visualization in a man's eyes.  Why would a self respected woman dress in a manner that give off the impression she is a LovePeddler?  That's contradiction.

Women today try too hard to attract or please a man that she will belittle herself even in appearance to attract or please that man ie dress whorish.  Sexy doesn't have to be trashy.  

The worse thing a woman can do is place VALUE on her body, mind, soul, and personality.  However if men are continuing to support the industry with toto purchases I don't see why whores wouldn't take advantage of it.  Its their bodies and they should accept whatever comes with it even death.  Real talk.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2011
mitofag:

you are just jealous because you couldnt get those goodies

Blame God, not those beautiful ladies

Ugly Tpiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bros-man.

Why the insults? It's not necessary.

Tpia may end up being the mother of your kids  tongue
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2011
mitofag:

Shy Girl,

Are you now in Lagos or back from Lagos?

Not yet - will be in Lagos next month

Mrs, Chima:

Appearance and behavior are the first impressions.  We all have judged people by their appearance and behavior.  Lets not get on the hide horse.  

If she dresses like a LovePeddler, a man will see her as a LovePeddler.  She doesn't need to sell toto to be a LovePeddler when it comes to visualization in a man's eyes.  Why would a self respected woman dress in a manner that give off the impression she is a LovePeddler?  That's contradiction.

Women today try too hard to attract or please a man that she will belittle herself even in appearance to attract or please that man ie dress whorish.  Sexy doesn't have to be trashy.  

The worse thing a woman can do is place VALUE on her body, mind, soul, and personality.  However if men are continuing to support the industry with toto purchases I don't see why whores wouldn't take advantage of it.  Its their bodies and they should accept whatever comes with it even death.  Real talk.  

Appearance and behavior?  dress like a LovePeddler? Really?  You can't be serious with that remark - One man's trash is another man's treasure - REMEMBER THOSE WORDS Mrs. C.

Some religions in Nigeria look down on women who wear pants and you and I both know that is WRONG.

Wearing short dresses doesn't make a woman a LovePeddler - you didn't wear short dresses before you were married?  What behavior is whorish?  Living in a home alone?  That's whorish behavior - having drinks at a pub with other women who dress well too?  I just saw a picture of a man's wife cooking in her own kitchen for her husband wearing a short dress and she isn't a LovePeddler.

Also - a woman can wear a dress that is above her knee and other people can consider that being a "short dress"

Also - how much of a person's behavior do you have to observe for you to consider them a LovePeddler?  I have seen many people only glance at a woman and judge her where she stands and that is less than 10 minutes.

Don't be quick to judge - open a book before you start talking appearance and behavior.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS? This isn't a JOB INTERVIEW.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by mitofag: 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2011
^^

You are always in lagos "NEXT-MONTH"

lol
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2011
I have seen alot of women who are poor - who wear short dresses because they are second hand or hand me down - that doesn't make them a LovePeddler - that's makes them someone who wears what is available to them to wear.

Also you have many women who lack home training and lack etiquette because they are out here trying to survive - their behavior can be quite questionable - but that doesn't make them a LovePeddler.

Who are we as a society to judge someone on "First Impressions" - strangers don't know each other so why are they living their lives to impress us, who are judging them inaccurately anyway because of our "poor perceptions of what REAL LIFE is anyway"?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by merge(f): 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I don't entirely agree. Of course there are always women that don't want to work,  want fast money, and greedy individuals.

This post is everyone out for themselves mentality. You gladly call them whores because it make you look better than them and you are not engaging in such activity. I'm not but I rather seek out what is causing the problem. These women are our sisters because they are Nigerian/African. I know there are many that would never have engaged in such activities if they had access to jobs so they can pay their school fees. The problem is the Nigerian society is encouraging this behavior by not providing jobs, protecting their young women, and lack of government funding. These politicians are stealing money from the people and spend it on LovePeddlers. You rather just call them whores. Its simple to do. When the money should have been used in the investment of the youth in job creation. People have needs and if the society does that meet them, then the society will decay and may become irreversible.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 10:00pm On Sep 17, 2011
mitofag:

^^
You are always in lagos "NEXT-MONTH"

lol

I agree with you - I am soo pathetic - aren't I? I just have to keep pushing it back - when I want to come, something always blocks it and I have to keep rescheduling. I am not visiting - I am coming to stay for awhile so much more planning and money is needed - I won't come unless I have what I need - hell let's hope it doesn't turn into November.

I want to be there for my birthday - October is a beautiful month - grin
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2011
chei imagine the type of women dat we naija men put in our homes as wives angry
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by merge(f): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2011
lefulefu:

chei imagine the type of women dat we naija men put in our homes as wives angry

Stop separating Nigerian women and Nigerian men

The High number of Prostitutes in Nigeria is a reflection of the Nigerian Society, which includes both Nigerian women and Nigerian men.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2011
Shy-One:

Appearance and behavior? dress like a LovePeddler? Really? You can't be serious with that remark - One man's trash is another man's treasure - REMEMBER THOSE WORDS Mrs. C.

Some religions in Nigeria look down on women who wear pants and you and I both know that is WRONG.

Wearing short dresses doesn't make a woman a LovePeddler - you didn't wear short dresses before you were married? What behavior is whorish? Living in a home alone? That's whorish behavior - having drinks at a pub with other women who dress well too? I just saw a picture of a man's wife cooking in her own kitchen for her husband wearing a short dress and she isn't a LovePeddler.

Also - a woman can wear a dress that is above her knee and other people can consider that being a "short dress"

Also - how much of a person's behavior do you have to observe for you to consider them a LovePeddler? I have seen many people only glance at a woman and judge her where she stands and that is less than 10 minutes.

Don't be quick to judge - open a book before you start talking appearance and behavior.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS? This isn't a JOB INTERVIEW.
Nigeria is an extremely pretentious society where its all about "appearance." You will find some of the biggest whores in church, yet they don't wear micro-minis and dress like nuns.

Personally, I don't see nothing wrong with a woman dressing to flaunt her "stuff." It's her body. However, I don't really care for those that appear to be desperate for attention and do it to the point where its crying out, "look at me!" I'm more turned on by a woman that dresses in such a way that she is sexy, but only leaves abit to the eye as a "tease" but leaves the rest for the imagination.

But hey, that's me. And one man's treasure is another man's trash. Our people can be so darn judgemental and superficial. Yet behind closed doors they are into all sorts of mess, even more sinful than you imagine. The same ones that are quick to call a chick a LovePeddler because of how she dresses, etc, could be the same ones who kidnap and use body parts for rituals. And don't assume that it's just the men that would call these "risky dressers" whores. The women do it too. As much as the men. Same women who will be quick to judge another woman because of what she wears would be the same woman who is married and plugging her woli's brains out behind closed doors.

Bloody unbelievable!

1 Like

Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2011
Shy-One:

FIRST IMPRESSIONS?  This isn't a JOB INTERVIEW.

Too bad you disagree.  You was quite upset when MBJ and a few others said your posts on the stingy thread demonstrated an ashyho.  My point was proved on the stingy thread.  

You wasn't conducting a job interview.  First impressions doesn't always mean when someone see you for the first time.  It also mean the first impression they have of you when they see you or hear of you.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2011
merge:

I don't entirely agree. Of course there are always women that don't want to work,  want fast money, and greedy individuals.

I am sorry what does this have to do with those women who place value on their body, mind, soul, and personality?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Too bad you disagree.  You was quite upset when MBJ and a few others said your posts on the stingy thread demonstrated an ashyho.  My point was proved on the stingy thread.  

You wasn't conducting a job interview.  First impressions doesn't always mean when someone see you for the first time.  It also mean the first impression they have of you when they see you or hear of you.  

And YOU ARE CORRECT

And the end result is that "their impression was WRONG TOO"

That's why I said "first impressions" they are wrong - you need to dig and ask questions

I have met 2 really, really, really rich mentors and they wear holes in their pants, faded jeans, hands dirty with filth from working and a strong body odor from the heat of the sun - driving old trucks.

Their bank account balances would knock you off your feet it is LARGE.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2011
Lax75:

Nigeria is an extremely pretentious society where its all about "appearance." You will find some of the biggest whores in church, yet they don't wear micro-minis and dress like nuns.

Personally, I don't see nothing wrong with a woman dressing to flaunt her "stuff." It's her body. However, I don't really care for those that appear to be desperate for attention and do it to the point where its crying out, "look at me!" I'm more turned on by a woman that dresses in such a way that she is sexy, but only leaves abit to the eye as a "tease" but leaves the rest for the imagination.

But hey, that's me. And one man's treasure is another man's trash. Our people can be so darn judgemental and superficial. Yet behind closed doors they are into all sorts of mess, even more sinful than you imagine. The same ones that are quick to call a chick a LovePeddler because of how she dresses, etc, could be the same ones who kidnap and use body parts for rituals. And don't assume that it's just the men that would call these "risky dressers" whores. The women do it too. As much as the men. Same women who will be quick to judge another woman because of what she wears would be the same woman who is married and plugging her woli's brains out behind closed doors.

Bloody unbelievable!

Nigeria isn't the only country that think women wearing mini skirts and dressing whorish are whores.  lets not make it just about Nigeria because America has it bad too.  

The fact that YOU don't care if a woman wearing a mini skirt doesn't reduce the BOYS that are calling women who dress like whores, WHORES.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2011
Shy-One:

And YOU ARE CORRECT

And the end result is that "their impression was WRONG TOO"

In that case, you was wrong about Brother Franklin and even stated that if your guy were to demonstrate such behavior (dancing joyous in church) you would leave him. 

What you said was no different than what the boys have said about you on the other thread.  According to YOU, you and the other guys were wrong. 

I am sorry what does fat bank accounts have to do with dress codes?    Everything isn't about money.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2011
Lax75:

Bloody unbelievable!

100% CORRECT

Appearances in his environment and how it appears to be - IS OVERLY EXAGGERATED compared to where I am from, In Chicago and in NY - people just run past each other hurrying to get where they need to be so they are ON TIME - no one is even paying attention to what you wear unless the dress is sooooo short that the coochie or buttock area looks to be almost ready to hang out.  But I don't see that much - I'm sure the California area sees more of that then the Midwest or the East Coast regions on a percentage level.

Also I lived in the South where short dresses - everyone wears from married women, to young women, etc.  You aren't considered a LovePeddler because your legs are showing.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 10:22pm On Sep 17, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

In that case, you was wrong about Brother Franklin and even stated that if your guy were to demonstrate such behavior (dancing joyous in church) you would leave him. 

What you said was no different than what the boys have said about you on the other thread.  According to YOU, you and the other guys were wrong. 

I am sorry what does fat bank accounts have to do with dress codes?     Everything isn't about money. 

Again you are correct - I was totally wrong and I came BACK ONLINE IN THE SAME THREAD AND ADMITTED THAT I WAS TOO QUICK TO JUDGE after I researched the guy and his sincerity.

That is why I can tell you unequivocally that You SHOULDN'T BE QUICK TO JUDGE - a person' appearance or their behavior.

Their fat bank accounts didn't reflect the holes in their clothes - they looked poor but were millionaires.  I agree everything isn't about money - it seems like you didn't understand the example.  Sorry it went over your head.  I'll try next time to express myself better.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 10:22pm On Sep 17, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Nigeria isn't the only country that think women wearing mini skirts and dressing whorish are whores.  lets not make it just about Nigeria because America has it bad too.  

Please refer to "topic." We are talking about NIGERIA here, NOT America. So I will talk about the topic as it pertains to Nigeria.

[/quote]
The fact that YOU don't care if a woman wearing a mini skirt doesn't reduce the BOYS that are calling women who dress like whores, WHORES.  
[quote]

My intention of stating that I don't care was NOT to reduce the BOYS that are calling women who dress like whores, WHORES. Not sure where this "inference" came from. If you read my post and understood it, you will observe that I am implying that these BOYS are judgemental.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:25pm On Sep 17, 2011
Lax75:

Please refer to "topic." We are talking about NIGERIA here, NOT America. So I will talk about the topic as it pertains to Nigeria.

My intention of stating that I don't care was NOT to reduce the BOYS that are calling women who dress like whores, WHORES. Not sure where this "inference" came from. If you read my post and understood it, you will observe that I am implying that these BOYS are judgemental.

I don't need to refer to the topic because the topic has already been derailed with other poo thrown in the mix. 

Again, your opinion about you not giving a Bleep isn't stopping the women from being called whores.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2011
ahahahahahah

also - Mrs. C - let's not confuse dancing joyously in church with what Brother Franklin does, ok?

Brother Franklin - does a running tuck and j;umps up some feet in the air into a forward roll landing on the ground - gymnastics style in front of a long line of people who are trying to make it to the offering plate to give their offering.

I will definitely move on if my man - starts acting like he is in "Barnum and Bailey" Circus while we are in Church - that isn't a judgment call - that is a Personal Choice I Need To Make for my Life and for my level of comfort.

Neither one of us were doing gymnastics when we met - and I sure as heck don't want you pulling that on me while we are in Church.  If he wants to do all that - he can go and get with someone who enjoys that type of grandstanding in front of crowds.

Again - I am out spoken on line and on a phone - but in an assembly and out in person - you will see that I identify very well with my online username "Shy One" - I will run in the other direction or fade into the crowd very quickly.

But I am not judging anyone that wants to act in that manner - I just choose to separate myself from that type of presentation.  Let's not confuse the two.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2011
Shy-One:

Their fat bank accounts didn't reflect the holes in their clothes - they looked poor but were millionaires.  I agree everything isn't about money - it seems like you didn't understand the example.  Sorry it went over your head.  I'll try next time to express myself better.

I am sorry my point of dress codes and impressions went over your head as well.  I will try to add money to the point next time.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2011
you added money to the point - you called them whores - remember?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2011
Good to know they now have a million naira pusssy in Nigeria. About time I ship some sexy hot AA and Hispanic chicks to Nigeria. If those dirty fat ugly big belle girls in Nigeria get fuccked for a whooping $10,000 then my girls are gonna go for $50,000 each X 10 of them let's say $50K each daily. . Homie that some lucrative investment. . Tax free.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2011
@ Mrs. C

If it went over my head - what were you trying to say?  Let me stand back - did I misunderstand - I also try to read the "Unstated Implications"

The post seemed as though you were saying how you initially present yourself can get a person labeled as a LovePeddler.  Did I not understand?  My apologies to you if I seemed to take it the wrong way.

Did I not understand you?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2011
Shy-One:

ahahahahahah

also - Mrs. C - let's not confuse dancing joyously in church with what Brother Franklin does, ok?

Brother Franklin - does a running tuck and j;umps up some feet in the air into a forward roll landing on the ground  - gymnastics style in front of a long line of people who are trying to make it to the offering plate to give their offering.

I will definitely move on if my man - starts acting like he is in "Barnum and Bailey" Circus while we are in Church - that isn't a judgment call - that is a Personal Choice I Need To Make for my Life and for my level of comfort.

Neither one of us were doing gymnastics when we met - and I sure as heck don't want you pulling that on me while we are in Church.  If he wants to do all that - he can go and get with someone who enjoys that type of grandstanding in front of crowds.

Again - I am out spoken on line and on a phone - but in an assembly and out in person - you will see that I identify very well with my online username "Shy One" - I will run in the other direction or fade into the crowd very quickly.

But I am not judging anyone that wants to act in that manner - I just choose to separate myself from that type of presentation.  Let's not confuse the two.

You are all over the place chile.  Its not okay for someone to judge a person by how they dress and chooses to treat them how they are judged  but you would separate yourself from someone that running in the church praising the Lord?  Hmmm.  

Confusion is a mofo.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I don't need to refer to the topic because the topic has already been derailed with other poo thrown in the mix.  

This is false. You should refer to the topic since you were trying to make a point that counters the point that I was trying to make.

[/quote]

Again, your opinion about you not giving a bleep isn't stopping the women from being called whores.  
[quote]

Once again, you should re-read my post and "comprehend." Reducing the "BOYS" was not the intention of the point I was trying to make. How about the women I talked about that also join the labelling of such women? I was talking about how hypocritical and judgemental OUR people can be.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2011
Shy-One:

@ Mrs. C

If it went over my head - what were you trying to say?  Let me stand back - did I misunderstand - I also try to read the "Unstated Implications"

The post seemed as though you were saying how you initially present yourself can get a person labeled as a LovePeddler.  Did I not understand?  My apologies to you if I seemed to take it the wrong way.

Did I not understand you?

I don't know what you was thinking when you read my post but it isn't that serious.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2011
Lax75:

This is false. You should refer to the topic since you were trying to make a point that counters the point that I was trying to make.

Once again, you should re-read my post and "comprehend." Reducing the "BOYS" was not the intention of the point I was trying to make. How about the women I talked about that also join the labelling of such women? I was talking about how hypocritical and judgemental OUR people can be.

It should help if you take your own advice.  You keep saying refer to the topic and I am referring to the topic even with different poo is thrown in it that has NOTHING to do with Nigeria. 

Anyway, keep playing ping pong with yourself. Unlike the stingy thread, redundancy is time waster.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

It should help if you take your own advice. You keep saying refer to the topic and I am referring to the topic even with different poo is thrown in it that has NOTHING to do with Nigeria.

Anyway, keep playing ping pong with yourself. Unlike the stingy thread, redundancy is time waster.

Sorry to disappoint you. I don't play ping pong. I thought you told Sister Shy-one that it's not that serious? Why the emotions? It's simply a difference of opinion and that's that.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2011
Shy-One:

you added money to the point - you called them whores - remember?

Are you serious?  You mentioned just because a woman dresses such doesn't mean she a LovePeddler and I commented about appearance and first impressions.  

You just said because a woman wear a mini skirt and show her legs doesn't mean she isn't a LovePeddler.  So now it is about money?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 10:43pm On Sep 17, 2011
Lax75:

Sorry to disappoint you. I don't play ping pong. I thought you told Sister Shy-one that it's not that serious? Why the emotions? It's simply a difference of opinion and that's that.

Did I say she shouldn't express her opinions?  No.  Comprehend.  I said it isn't that serious to the lack of understanding post. 

Emotions?  Get real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown / Naira Appreciates Across Forex Market / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.