Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,849 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters (37626 Views)

PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters / β€œPlease Be Prayerful,” Adeleke Tells Supporters Ahead Of Supreme Court Judgement / Omisore Tells Supporters Whom To Vote For At Osun Governorship Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by OneCandleAway(f): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
Skyview01:

But Nigerians will be wiser especially if Tinubu makes their lives harder in the next four years. There is a limit to human endurance. If Tinubu misrules, millions of his supporters will suffer as well.

But they gave Buhari second term. So except the north decides they want that presidency seat, Tinubu will get the second term.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by jaxxy(m): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
seunmsg:

After the Supreme Court of Nigeria, you can also go to ICC. Na shege una go still meet there.

no need to go that far. u arrogance is in the supreme Court of Injustice bt shock awaits apc.
Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by TwoPheus: 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
See how Yoruba people are denying/disowning their illustrious son, because of politics.
The guy is very young and has a brighter future. We are very backward in everything.
I commend his courage!

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by elonmuskbaby: 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Chetas81(m): 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
OJEROBIN:
This guy dreams alot,

Perhaps...

He watches too much of nollywood smiley wink wink wink
your comment is from the shithole
Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Hier(m): 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
Built2last:
Let me further declare my bias here; I am an Igbo man from Anambra State.

I told him, I could go on and on.
! *RESCUE? LIKE SERIOUSLY? FROM WHO?!*

Tinubu in his words

Yoruba Lokan

Where does that put the igbos

Shouldn't the Igbo enjoy power, later you guys would be talking about power shift this and that. Abegiiiiii, when would the Igbos which form the 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria have to truly say, our person is the person in charge

We are talking about a country that seeks to promote national unity, why should a tribe be left out when it comes to governance

Shouldn't they also have a say
Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Everlastingson: 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
[quote author=Skyview01 post=121883092]Gbadebo, I will not advise you to go that route, congratulate the winner if you lose, and move on. The margin is wide and you have the next four years to prepare and endear yourself to the Lagosians. Play the role of a true opposition and come back again.[/quote

When something precious is stolen from you and you know and see the thief everyday then, move on too. If a thief enters your house and steals all you have and you know the thief, then move on too. Don't seek to recover anything. Why would you advise someone not to seek redress if he has enough evidence that he won the election? Why?
Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by jaxxy(m): 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

You are right
Even though he lost his polling unit too, the election there was rigged

is it only his polling unit that will elect him? He won in bourdillon and many polling units as announced at the polling units level so we will see how far these fake results will go.
Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by willibounce1(m): 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shinedu the comedian. You better carry your back and head straight to upper iweka. Go and meet Mr Ibu and beg him to teach you how to act comedy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by sparko1(m): 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
temisartana:
Politicians are using tribalism to win an election and people are falling for it.

This is politics if you don't know.

All of a sudden GRV of Yoruba father has turned to an Igbo man because the Mum is Igbo.

Don't reject your son because of politics. It's a game and gimmick of politicians to win an election.

It has been happening everywhere, he wanted to use Tribalism, that is why he came out as part yoruba, nobody cared initially but after he started talking about being half yoruba and can't even speak, everyone begin to see a pattern.

Btw, there was no way for him to win, the best he could do is what he has.

8 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Josephkabila12: 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
ignis:
Protest loading...

The only language this government understands.
protest in ur ibo land I guess

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

With his past history, you think the yorubas can still accept him?

He can still re-invent himself. This is Nigerian politics and remember FFK and fayose were once in PDP and always cussing and abusing APC and Buhari. He has not been in politics that long.

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Arapmoi22: 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
ignis:
Protest loading...

I will supervise how some of you will die like chicken.
Come out.
Endsars is no massacre compared to what you will witness.
This time = shoot at sight.
If you can't go to destroy anambra, no more mercy in yorubaland.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Bhol28: 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
Dreamer,go and waste your resources in the court.Mumu,your head swelled by the result Obi got in Lagos.Sanwo is performing very well and every right thinking lagosians with no other foolish agenda knows he deserves to continue. You now finished yourself by getting endorsement from serial looser Bode George.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by lebienconnu: 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
Dear Sineedu

Please try again later. Don’t give up on your Yoruba language lesson and apologise to your father tribe for your past posts with Ipobian tendencies maybe we can consider you for a Councilor post in 8 years time. Yes keeee, you are only 40.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by thegrinch(m): 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Built2last:

A Benin friend told me last week that I support Peter Obi because he's Igbo and from Anambra State! I was actually speechless at his prejudice!

Someone also said it's time we help the Igbos they have suffered so much in this country; I was like seriously?

I still hear some say voting for Peter Obi will be justice for the Igbos; ignorance is really really appalling!

Let me drop a few points here;

If some of the reasons alluded above is why you are supporting Peter Obi, then you are not different from the Tribal Warlords and Religious extremist!

Let me shock you further;

when I was at Abuja last year. I joined a discussion at the Hotel lobby and one Northern guy declared with uncommon arrogance; *" THE IGBOS SHALL CONTINUE TO SUFFER IN THIS COUNTRY, THEY WILL NEVER SMELL THE PRESIDENCY, THEY WILL PAY DEARLY FOR 1966...!"*

I asked him; Do you think the Igbos are suffering in this country? He thundered yes!

I told him my brother, let me help you a little bit; *" THE IGBOS WILL BE THE LAST TO SUFFER IN THIS COUNTRY!"* NO MATTER HOW BAD THIS COUNTY BECOMES THE AVERAGE IGBO BUSINESS MAN IS THE MOST INSULATED!

Everyone turned at me in shock; My Northern guy thundered; it's a lie, it's a lie! Which position do they occupy in this country?

I said let me help your ignorance a little;

Who paid for this Hotel? Your company or yourself? He said his company. I said do you know who owns the Hotel? He said no, I told him. He said then he won't lodge here again. I said my brother from TRANSCORP Hotels Owned by Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu to Bolingo to Chelsea, To Top Rank, To Rockview, to almost 95% of Hotels in Abuja here is owned by the same people you said are suffering!

I told him if you car is bad where do you buy your parts from?

If you are buying books, stationeries, school bags, etc who sells them at the market?

If you want to build where do you buy your building materials from?

I told him even in Port Harcourt, even in Lagos, almost every nook and cranny of this country; *"THE CHANCES THAT YOU WILL SPEND 90% OF YOUR INCOME ON AN IGBO MAN IS AS REAL AS TODAY!"*

Every where became silent! Let me explain why the Igbo man suffering is just a mirage;

The Government makes policy to increase import tariffs; Igbo man goes out import the goods, pays the tariffs and custom duties, afterwards he factors it into the cost of materials. You go to him to buy at the new price. He makes his Normal profit. *"AT THE END THE NEW TARIFF IS PAID BY WHO?* Everyone was shocked!

I told them no matter what Government does it can never affect the average businessman; The average businessman will always make his profit and shift the burden to the purchasers!

The only tribe in this country that have secured their Economy almost 100% is the Igbos. It's only in Igboland where Business and Property ownership is almost 98% owned by them! After they secured their homeland, they also arrive in your domain and in some instances control 50-80% of the entire commercial activities and sometimes upto 15-25% property ownership apart from Abuja they own about 70-75%. *"And you said they are suffering?"*

After about 40minutes of my indepth lecture, my Northern guy became silenced and confused. He suddenly realized that what his political leaders are telling him that we are suffering the igbos is actually boomeranging on them!

To be sincere, 2023 shouldn't be about Justice for the Igbos or it's the turn of the Igbos! How is Katsina after PMB? Go and ask! How did OBJ rule transform the West? Many Southwesterners insist to date that OBJ was never their choice! How did 6-years of Goodluck Jonathan transform BAYELSA?

If Peter Obi campaign goes tribal, I can assure you many people will abandon his campaign including myself!

Peter Obi should be treated on his merit and be given opportunity to rescue this country!

I laughed the other day when Asiwaju declared that he needs well meaning Nigerians to join him and rescue this country! *RESCUE? LIKE SERIOUSLY? FROM WHO?!*

This reads like a Script from a Nollywood movie... And I should know.

On the surface, you seem to be making sense. but let me borrow you the sense you lack: The igbo man (The average business man) is the most unsecure. All it takes is a little war, a little disruption in the polity, and you cannot trade and all your perceived value goes down the drain... And the funniest part is that its your people that are always singing the song of war.

All of your investments are in other people's land and all of your strength is decided by your customers. Most people don't realize it yet, but the way you have cleared people's eyes that they have power and can decide who leads them (Which is actually a good thing) is the way people would one day discover that they can choose to patronize you or patronize someone else.

Igbos fail to realize that Customer is king, and that they are nobody without the rest of Nigeria... Y'all will come here and be beating your chest as if you feed the rest of Nigeria. You have laid the first stone of your casting... People now realize that there is power in numbers and Lagos is NOT a no man's land.

The day they start exercising their power, the average businessman will cry.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by OJEROBIN: 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
So as ur brain, child of hate cool
Chetas81:
your comment is from the shithole
Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by AdisaOwala: 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hier:

Tinubu in his words

Yoruba Lokan

Where does that put the igbos

Shouldn't the Igbo enjoy power, later you guys would be talking about power shift this and that. Abegiiiiii, when would the Igbos which form the 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria have to truly say, our person is the person in charge

We are talking about a country that seeks to promote national unity, why should a tribe be left out when it comes to governance

Shouldn't they also have a say

National unity my foot...

I need not remind you that the 1966 coup y'all masterminded is the reason why things are the way they are today...

Igbo would never smell presidency till kingdom come

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by elonmuskbaby: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
Sleekfingers:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abi

His name kuku be Chinedu .....

some of his brothers are saying he doesn't stand a chance in Anambra so I wonder why they were now pushing him and cheering him on.if broda shinedu doesn't stand a chance in Anambra I wonder why his people are deceiving him to try in Lagos despite several warnings

Abosi Loma pa awon people Yen meanwhile we warned him several times but he felt he has arrived now owo ATI wahala wogbo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
Everlastingson:

Your advice is nonsense. When something precious is stolen from you and you know and see the thief everyday then, move on too. If a thief enters your house and steals all you have and you know the thief, then move on too. Don't seek to recover anything. Why would you advise someone not to seek redress if he has enough evidence that he won the election? Why?

Nothing precious was stolen from him. You cannot lose what you never had. The dynamics at play in the presidential elections were quite different from the state elections. I am sure GRV did not take himself seriously until Feb 25th when Obi and LP took Lagos. I don't think he ever campaigned much before that date. In state elections, It is very hard to unseat an incumbent.

GRV has come into the limelight and has age by his side. The future is very bright for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by membranus: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
Built2last:

A Benin friend told me last week that I support Peter Obi because he's Igbo and from Anambra State! I was actually speechless at his prejudice!

Someone also said it's time we help the Igbos they have suffered so much in this country; I was like seriously?

I still hear some say voting for Peter Obi will be justice for the Igbos; ignorance is really really appalling!

Let me drop a few points here;

If some of the reasons alluded above is why you are supporting Peter Obi, then you are not different from the Tribal Warlords and Religious extremist!

Let me shock you further;

when I was at Abuja last year. I joined a discussion at the Hotel lobby and one Northern guy declared with uncommon arrogance; *" THE IGBOS SHALL CONTINUE TO SUFFER IN THIS COUNTRY, THEY WILL NEVER SMELL THE PRESIDENCY, THEY WILL PAY DEARLY FOR 1966...!"*

I asked him; Do you think the Igbos are suffering in this country? He thundered yes!

I told him my brother, let me help you a little bit; *" THE IGBOS WILL BE THE LAST TO SUFFER IN THIS COUNTRY!"* NO MATTER HOW BAD THIS COUNTY BECOMES THE AVERAGE IGBO BUSINESS MAN IS THE MOST INSULATED!

Everyone turned at me in shock; My Northern guy thundered; it's a lie, it's a lie! Which position do they occupy in this country?

I said let me help your ignorance a little;

Who paid for this Hotel? Your company or yourself? He said his company. I said do you know who owns the Hotel? He said no, I told him. He said then he won't lodge here again. I said my brother from TRANSCORP Hotels Owned by Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu to Bolingo to Chelsea, To Top Rank, To Rockview, to almost 95% of Hotels in Abuja here is owned by the same people you said are suffering!

I told him if you car is bad where do you buy your parts from?

If you are buying books, stationeries, school bags, etc who sells them at the market?

If you want to build where do you buy your building materials from?

I told him even in Port Harcourt, even in Lagos, almost every nook and cranny of this country; *"THE CHANCES THAT YOU WILL SPEND 90% OF YOUR INCOME ON AN IGBO MAN IS AS REAL AS TODAY!"*

Every where became silent! Let me explain why the Igbo man suffering is just a mirage;

The Government makes policy to increase import tariffs; Igbo man goes out import the goods, pays the tariffs and custom duties, afterwards he factors it into the cost of materials. You go to him to buy at the new price. He makes his Normal profit. *"AT THE END THE NEW TARIFF IS PAID BY WHO?* Everyone was shocked!

I told them no matter what Government does it can never affect the average businessman; The average businessman will always make his profit and shift the burden to the purchasers!

The only tribe in this country that have secured their Economy almost 100% is the Igbos. It's only in Igboland where Business and Property ownership is almost 98% owned by them! After they secured their homeland, they also arrive in your domain and in some instances control 50-80% of the entire commercial activities and sometimes upto 15-25% property ownership apart from Abuja they own about 70-75%. *"And you said they are suffering?"*

After about 40minutes of my indepth lecture, my Northern guy became silenced and confused. He suddenly realized that what his political leaders are telling him that we are suffering the igbos is actually boomeranging on them!

To be sincere, 2023 shouldn't be about Justice for the Igbos or it's the turn of the Igbos! How is Katsina after PMB? Go and ask! How did OBJ rule transform the West? Many Southwesterners insist to date that OBJ was never their choice! How did 6-years of Goodluck Jonathan transform BAYELSA?

If Peter Obi campaign goes tribal, I can assure you many people will abandon his campaign including myself!

Peter Obi should be treated on his merit and be given opportunity to rescue this country!

I laughed the other day when Asiwaju declared that he needs well meaning Nigerians to join him and rescue this country! *RESCUE? LIKE SERIOUSLY? FROM WHO?!*

Now that the handwriting is on the wall that the other tribes are rejecting the Igbos domineering attitudes in their communities, very soon they target them and drive them out of their midst.

They can therefore carry their scamming businesses away to their Eastern territories and chestbeat among themselves like you are doing.

Igbo this, Igbo that, see you boasting as if they are the ones owning the whole country. And let us mention the ten largest authentic billionaires in the country doing LEGAL businesses, you will hardly find one or two of them.

Anyone can claim anything among the ignorants, they will believe you. But come and claim this among we Yoruba elites and see us puncture your tribal bombastic boasts one by one.

If Obi is that good, why didn't he transform just Onitsha in Anambra to little London during his 8 years tenure? Please Obi is just a flyweight when it comes to developmental governance.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by whoYouEpp(m): 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
Kindly visit orijo.com.ng to shop for πŸ’―% Original Fashion items sourced directly from πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ down to πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬. EASTER SALES 🎁.. 5% OFF with Code EASTER5.
Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Karlifate: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
SmartPolician:
GRV is young. He should go and prepare for the next election. Work on your use of Yoruba language.

Look how APC changed GRV to an Igbo candidate and many Yorubas fell for it. These oppressors are specialists in gaslighting people and playing mind games.

Mark this comment: Every strong opponent that challenges the APC in 2027 will be considered someone Igbos want to use to take over Lagos State. This is the tribal politics APC has been playing since they emerged in 2015.

Nobody is marking anything.

You turned your blind eyes to the tribalistic posts of the boy on Twitter & you're typing trash here.

Birds of a feather.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by ProphetM0hammad: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
Skyview01:

He can still re-invent himself. This is Nigerian politics and remember FFK and fayose were once in PDP and always cussing and abusing APC and Buhari. He has not been in politics that long.

Changing party to me is different from what Chinedu has done

He called yorubas afonja and aligned with ipob to denigrate them.
He acted as though the Igbo votes alone would get him the seat.

Even as at Friday he went public to say he doesn't think Yoruba

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Tee2027: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
Defend failure. This boy everything about has no Yoruba root.

You are too arrogant
You are too proud
You don't take correction or listen to elder advise.
You are extremely bitter
You are very rude.
You speak Igbo as a Yoruba boy but can not speak Yoruba asLagos boy...... hhmm the earlier you confess your true origin the better for you.

You will never rule Lagos you g man.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by lapintoz: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
You go chop am woto woto....if you want to protest, do so in your room....we Lagosians are peace loving people.....we already spoke with our votes.....

ignis:
Protest loading...

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by AdisaOwala: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
thegrinch:

This reads like a Script from a Nollywood movie... And I should know.

On the surface, you seem to be making sense. but let me borrow you the sense you lack: The igbo man (The average business man) is the most unsecure. All it takes is a little war, a little disruption in the polity, and you cannot trade and all your perceived value goes down the drain... And the funniest part is that its your people that are always singing the song of war.

All of your investments are in other people's land and all of your strength is decided by your customers. Most people don't realize it yet, but the way you have cleared people's eyes that they have power and can decide who leads them (Which is actually a good thing) is the way people would one day discover that they can choose to patronize you or patronize someone else.

Igbos fail to realize that Customer is king, and that they are nobody without the rest of Nigeria... Y'all will come here and be beating your chest as if you feed the rest of Nigeria. You have laid the first stone of your casting... People now realize that there is power in numbers and Lagos is NOT a no man's land.

The day they start exercising their power, the average businessman will cry.

You have spoken well...

More wisdom to you jare

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by TechguyBlog: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
Lol πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ after you lost your PU... Was there thug or intimidation in your PU? Try from chairman and Councillors 1st... What even makes u think you can defeat a top performing governor? Imagination Wan kee you
Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Karlifate: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jackson105:
Chinedu is a brainless fool.

You can't rule us in Lagos. You called Yoruba man "Afonja" yet you want to rule us. Ko jor.

Go and prepare to compete with soludo for Anambra governor in 2026, but in Lagos and southwest, no way for you

Useless bastard.

Vawulent comrade. cheesy

Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Changing party to me is different from what Chinedu has done

He called yorubas afonja and aligned with ipob to denigrate them.
He acted as though the Igbo votes alone would get him the seat.

Even as at Friday he went public to say he doesn't think Yoruba

I would say that was a wrong move for him. A lot of Yorubas voted for Peter Obi in the presidential election and that was why he won Lagos.
Re: Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters by hollyray2016: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shinedu werey omo igbo luleee!!!

Eluu P

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Kawu Sumaila, SSA To Buhari Jumped NASS Gate To Gain Entrance (Photo) / Protesters Storm Buharis Office Demand Death Penalty On Corrupt Politicians. / Ministers Caught Sleeping During Budget Presentation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.