Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. (5287 Views)

Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home / Apapa Seaport Is Own By Ijaws Not Yoruba / Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Kam2021: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

You are only making comments base on the emotions of the moment.

Forget all the noise from the recent election, the igbos are very safe in Lagos. Business is about return. For instance , I have two plots of land in Awka and another plot in Surulere.

I am more eager to develop the plot in lagos because it will catch me more return. The money that I will make from the Lagos property in One year will be equivalent to what I will make in five years in Awka.

Imagine if my land is now in Lekki, Victoria Island, VGC or Ikoyi.

The igbos are not cowards. You don't expect us to run away from Lagos because some touts are afriad that we have taken Lagos from their boss.

Recently, the same Sanwo Olu evicted most of these touts from their inherited houses along badero in Lekki and sold the massive land to Obi Cubana.

Hence even the same leaders they are fighting for knows that they are nonetities. They also know that their online Urchins are nonetities.

The Government of Lagos will rather sacrifice all the touts in Lagos and other APC supporters than to loss a single Igbo investor in Lagos.

Hence forget the noise. There is actually no problem in Lagos.
no wonder you were demarketing one seaport. It's the greed of people like you that wouldn't want the East develop as long as you are getting your money. How many people are Obi cubana?nansense

5 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
OneTwoOne:
You can't leave.

Your land is barren, no business can prosper there aside prostitution.

We dare you to leave
alright, thanks for the info. We go start professional prostitution then 😂

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Roboto11: 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Incase, you wanna rent buses to travel home, contact MC olomo grin

grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by MikeofAfrica: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
That's the challenge. I heard of this security issues too but my aunty has always used Onne.

And 2, Igbos in alaba or ladipo should just trade in Lagos but when it's time to invest in landed properties, they should not invest there for the sake of hostilities. It will be easier for you leave. They can take the properties in Lagos, they cannot take those in your home. Unless one is into real estate business, there is no need investing a lot in landed property in Lagos.

This pharmaceutical products you talk about, the largest pharmaceutical market is still in onitsha, the head bridge market, I don't know how they manage to do it.
My little bro is into sales of shoemaking materials in mushin market, most of their foreign products come from Ariaria in Aba while the local ones mostly come from Kano. I don't think that Aba people import those products via Lagos, it has to be via onne.

Na small small, make them stay back and start creating that market in the east.

I have live in Port Harcourt and have work at Onne Seaport. I am presently working at Apapa Seaport and have live in Lagos for years.

Hence I understand the emotions of the indigenes of Rivers State and the Yorubas in Lagos.

I can confided in you that the igbos are more safe with the Yorubas than the different minorities in Rivers.

The Yorubas are envious of the igbos in Lagos however they do not hate the igbos. They are afriad that the igbos will one day dominate them in Lagos. Hence what you saw at the recent election is an expression of their fear. It got to the peak after Obi defeated Tinubu in Lagos.

The agberos in Lagos are ready to assist an igboman in Lagos to off load his containers as long as he gives him his daily bread.

Do you know that most properties of igbos in Lagos are guided by OPC and agberos at night . You can make inquiries.

An Ogoni man in Rivers State sees himself as a king because of the oil in his land. Once they see any igboman doing successful business in their territory , the next thought is how to get him down and seize his properties. Even the Igbo minorities in the Niger Delta are envoius of us.

Hence if all Igbo business begin importing through Onne hence settling down along Onne axis , the reaction from the Ogonis and other minorities in the area will be worst than what we have in Lagos.

Remember what happened after the Civil war. The Yorubas returned all the properties of igbos in Lagos to them. The minorities in Rivers seized all Igbo properties in Port Harcourt. Some of these properties are yet to be return till today.

7 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

I have live in Port Harcourt and have work at Onne Seaport. I am presently working at Apapa Seaport and have live in Lagos for years.

Hence I understand the emotions of the indigenes of Rivers State and the Yorubas in Lagos.

I can confided in you that the igbos are more safe with the Yorubas than the different minorities in Rivers.

The Yorubas are envious of the igbos in Lagos however they do not hate the igbos. They are afriad that the igbos will one day dominate them in Lagos. Hence what you saw at the recent election is an expression of their fear. It got to the peak after Obi defeated Tinubu in Lagos.

The agberos in Lagos are ready to assist an igboman in Lagos to off load his containers as long as he gives him his daily bread.

Do you know that most properties of igbos in Lagos are guided by OPC and agberos at night . You can make inquiries.

An Ogoni man in Rivers State sees himself as a king because of the oil in his land. Once they see any igboman doing successful business in their territory , the next thought is how to get him down and seize his properties. Even the Igbo minorities in the Niger Delta are envoius of us.

Hence if all Igbo business begin importing through Onne hence settling down along Onne axis , the reaction from the Ogonis and other minorities in the area will be worst than what we have in Lagos.

Remember what happened after the Civil war. The Yorubas returned all the properties of igbos in Lagos to them. The minorities in Rivers seized all Igbo properties in Port Harcourt. Some of these properties are yet to be return till today.

I disagree, Aba, owerri and onitsha are closer to Onne than lagos.
Igbos should not just invest in rivers, it should be solely for the purpose of brining in goods.

Factories and markets should be in Abia not in rivers. Importation should be via onne. Onne is not far from Aba. You do not need to settle down in Onne. My aunties warehouse is in Aba, she Brings the good frkm onne to Aba, she doesn't reside in onne. It's as simple as that.

Because of the distance of lagos, you have to reside in Lagos. But onne is very close

Thanks for the advice though

8 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
I've started talking to a friend in Port Harcourt about getting a plot or two for me... before next week runs out I'll be going there to see how I can move my businesses to PH.

I'm also considering Aba if PH doesn't work.

Thanks to Yorubas.... we've learnt our lessons and we are making amends.

East or South here we come

You are welcome to Rivers anytime you want.

We want massive investment here.
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by MikeofAfrica: 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
Kam2021:
no wonder you were demarketing one seaport. It's the greed of people like you that wouldn't want the East develop as long as you are getting your money. How many people are Obi cubana?nansense

Which Seaport was I demarketing ?

We igbos have to tell ourselves the bitter truth . I have condemn the attacks on igbos in Lagos. However we also have to remind ourselves how generous the Yorubas have been to us.

Have you heard of the agberos in Lagos kidnapping any wealthy Igbo businessman in Lagos? Have you heard of the Yorubas refusing to sell lands to the igbos in Lagos.

The only problem we have with Yorubas is during election cycle which is cause by fear that igbos will take over Lagos from them.

We do not have Seaports in SE. The only alternative is the ones in Rivers and the ones in Lagos. Our people were in Rivers and Lagos before the civil war.

After the war, the Niger Delta people seized all our properties and turn it to their own. The Yoruba people welcomed us back and gave us back our properties.

Hence you can determine for yourself who loves the igbos between the two.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

We igbos have to tell ourselves the bitter truth . I have condemn the attacks on igbos in Lagos. However we also have to remind ourselves how generous the Yorubas have been to us.

Have you heard of the agberos in Lagos kidnapping any wealthy Igbo businessman in Lagos? Have you heard of the Yorubas refusing to sell lands to the igbos in Lagos.

The only problem we have with Yorubas is during election cycle which is cause by fear that igbos will take over Lagos from them.

We do not have Seaports in SE. The only alternative is the ones in Rivers and the ones in Lagos. Our people were in Rivers and Lagos before the civil war.

After the war, the Niger Delta people seized all our properties and turn it to their own. The Yoruba people welcomed us back and gave us back our properties.

Why do you think one has to reside in rivers to be able to import goods to Aba?

That's where your logic fails

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
Patrioticbreed9:

You are welcome to Rivers anytime you want.

We want massive investment here.
I don't advice any Igbo man to reside in rivers state.

Rivers people own worse. Just use their porr, that's all

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
I don't advice any Igbo man to reside in rivers state.

Rivers people own worse. Just use their porr, that's all

Oga dey are many tribes doing fine here, we no dey disturb anybody.
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by MikeofAfrica: 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
I disagree, Aba, owerri and onitsha are closer to Onne than lagos.
Igbos should not just invest in rivers, it should be solely for the purpose of brining in goods.

Factories and markets should be in Abia not in rivers. Importation should be via onne. Onne is not far from Aba. You do not need to settle down in Onne. My aunties warehouse is in Aba, she Brings the good frkm onne to Aba, she doesn't reside in onne. It's as simple as that.

Because of the distance of lagos, you have to reside in Lagos. But onne is very close

Thanks for the advice though

This issue is more complex than you are seeing it.

What usually attract people to settle down in a place is infrastructure and security. Àba, Onitsha and Owerri does not have the infrastructures in Lagos. You cannot convince a man living comfortably in Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lekki and VGC to move to these places.

Moreover, Lagos is the commercial center of Nigeria. Hence most factories in other part of Nigeria have their marketing offices in Lagos. This has make almost all wealthy businessmen in Nigeria to have houses in Lagos .

With the completion of the Train lines and signing of Africa free trade agreement, goods manufactured in Nigeria will soon be moved from Lagos to other African nations by Cargo Trains.
These are the infrastructures that attrct people to live in Lagos.

The SE is also not as safe as Lagos.

Even before the issue of IPOB and unknown gunmen, kidnapping and arm robbery has been a major issue in SE. I know of a wealthy man who has a factories in Nnewi. He was kidnapped and had to pay a huge ransom. After his realise, he closed his factory in Nnewi and migrated to Lagos where he started from scratch.

The only time we have issue of kidnapping in Lagos was when Evans migrated from Onitsha to Lagos. Since he was caught, I have not heard case of an Igbo businessman kidnapped in Lagos.

Outside of the election cycle , the igbos and yorubas have no issue in Lagos. I am aware that there are a group of agberos that guard Alaba international market at night. There are another group that offload containers for business men in the same market.

The madness you saw those agberos display was a result of intoxication by Lagos politicians who are afriad of lossing their base to igbos. Normancy will return very soon.

5 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Nwagboriwe133: 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

You are only making comments base on the emotions of the moment.

Forget all the noise from the recent election, the igbos are very safe in Lagos. Business is about return. For instance , I have two plots of land in Awka and another plot in Surulere.

I am more eager to develop the plot in lagos because it will catch me more return. The money that I will make from the Lagos property in One year will be equivalent to what I will make in five years in Awka.

Imagine if my land is now in Lekki, Victoria Island, VGC or Ikoyi.

The igbos are not cowards. You don't expect us to run away from Lagos because some touts are afriad that we have taken Lagos from their boss.

Recently, the same Sanwo Olu evicted most of these touts from their inherited houses along badero in Lekki and sold the massive land to Obi Cubana.

Hence even the same leaders they are fighting for knows that they are nonetities. They also know that their online Urchins are nonetities.

The Government of Lagos will rather sacrifice all the touts in Lagos and other APC supporters than to loss a single Igbo investor in Lagos.

Hence forget the noise. There is actually no problem in Lagos.
onye nzuzu ka ibu

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

What usually attract people to settle down in a place is infrastructure and security. Àba, Onitsha and Owerri does not have the infrastructures in Lagos. You cannot convince a man living comfortably in Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lekki and VGC to move to these places.

Moreover, Lagos is the commercial center of Nigeria. Hence most factories in other part of Nigeria have their marketing offices in Lagos. This has make almost all wealthy businessmen in Nigeria to have houses in Lagos .

With the completion of the Train lines and signing of Africa free trade agreement, goods manufactured in Nigeria will soon be moved from Lagos to other African nations by Cargo Trains.

Even before the issue of IPOB and unknown gunmen, kidnapping and arm robbery has been a major issue in SE. I know of a wealthy man who has a factories in Nnewi. He was kidnapped and had to pay a huge ransom. After his realise, he closed his factory in Nnewi and migrated to Lagos where he started from scratch.

The only time we have issue of kidnapping in Lagos was when Evans migrated from Onitsha to Lagos. Since he was caught, I have not heard case of an Igbo businessman kidnapped in Lagos.

Outside of the election cycle , the igbos and yorubas have no issue in Lagos. I am aware that there are a group of agberos that guard Alaba international market at night. There are another group that offload containers for business men in the same market.

The madness you saw those agberos display was a result of intoxication by Lagos politicians who are afriad of lossing their base to igbos. Normancy will return very soon.

Why are you so bent on not encouraging people to go back and built their place. They need to build it, people also built lagos dude.

All these ones doesn't make sense

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by fr3do(m): 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

It has to do with the promixity of the market. Your aunt was able to use Onne because it was close to Aba. Businessmen in Lagos markets like Tradefair, Alaba international etc cannot use Onne as they will have to transport the goods from Onne to Lagos which will require extra cost and waste time.

Moreover, not all goods can be taken to Onne. The Custom has made it mandatory that Pharmaceutical products must be brought into Nigeria through Lagos Seaports. Furthermore, there is the issue of security.

Onne is the den of kidnappers. Any business man or rich freight forwarder who operates from there is risking his life. Many shipping companies also does not berth at Onne due to the security issue. The pirates operating in the sea are even more than the criminals in the land.

Hence many ships destined for Onne Seaport usually end up at Lagos Seaports.

That narrative must change, it is the same Atlantic Ocean bordering Lagos that also borders Onne and Warri.

Except the authorities are enabling the security issues, I don't see why the Navy can't secure these areas

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by YeyeGbami: 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
This should be on FP. Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Ikpaitid: 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Yes use Onne, Lagos people are tired of refugees. Go back to the East.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by fr3do(m): 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
There is a need to decentralize development to other parts of Nigeria
The dependence on Lagos is too much.

Take South Africa for instance, you have different cities that are well developed to and over lagos's level

Mynd44 oya FP

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by seanwilliam(m): 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

Chai, with this your comment, all the anger and vexation in me fly away.

God bless u for this . For being truthful
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Taba21: 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
My Aunty married an Imo man, they reside in Aba. She's into selling of POP white cement. She doesn't use Lagos port, she uses Onne port.

She has never for one day used Lagos port and it's okay for her. Aba is very close to Onne, she has solved the issue of having to transport it from Lagos to Aba.

Use Onne seaport, leave Lagos alone. Aba, owerri and onitsha are closer to Onne.

Move your investments there slowly, it won't be easy but plan it, little by little and leave Lagos for Yoruba people. Make them chop am

Go build your own in south east
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by sukar886: 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
My Igbo brothers no dey hear word, they should leave Lagos , those urchins are jealous of them , let's start using onne

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by sukar886: 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Why are 80% of yorubas so tribalistic, and envy

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by AgentGoat: 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
kettykin:

Thanks for the info
This is the issue, my friends that relocated last year to Canada are still finding it difficult to sell their property in isolo
Converting these properties into cash can be hard sometimes. Not like how people market this shiits
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by starstaz(m): 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
I have read every single comments, all I see is PTSD and Low Expectation from this year 2023 cycle of election. with time, healing will take place and all these scenarios will played out again in 2027. No single lessons will be learnt.
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by pandax: 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

Ofeke

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by udemzyudex(m): 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
My Aunty married an Imo man, they reside in Aba. She's into selling of POP white cement. She doesn't use Lagos port, she uses Onne port.

She has never for one day used Lagos port and it's okay for her. Aba is very close to Onne, she has solved the issue of having to transport it from Lagos to Aba.

Use Onne seaport, leave Lagos alone. Aba, owerri and onitsha are closer to Onne.

Move your investments there slowly, it won't be easy but plan it, little by little and leave Lagos for Yoruba people. Make them chop am

It's not as if it is not functioning, people are only complaining of time it takes, they say it takes longer time than using Lagos Port.

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Kingspin(m): 9:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:

Onne is a private port, the charges are so high that you will be forced to ship from Lagos..
why many of you come online to talk nonsense
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by 0monnak0da: 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
Kingspin:
Onne is a private port, the charges are so high that you will be forced to ship from Lagos..
why many of you come online to talk nonsense
Which port is public port?
How do you define private?
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Strafudeen: 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
They should go and never return

Hahaha...too early to start crying

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Strafudeen: 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
OneTwoOne:
You can't leave.

Your land is barren, no business can prosper there aside prostitution.

We dare you to leave

Ate you scared already?

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by TokunboCarsOnly: 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
kettykin:
Does anyone know how I can quickly sell my landed property in lekki axis and undeveloped plots in mowe , I have not been able since October last year , quick sale not distress sale.
I need agency links please

We are agents based in Lagos. Sales of landed properties is exactly what we do. If you still need agents to sell your properties in Lekki and Mowe kindly call or chat us on 08088365168
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by ken6488(m): 10:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
They should go and never return
you can take your Lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Investors Funds Won’t Be Trapped - Tinubu Promises / Bayelsa With 8 LGAs, We Are Not Seeing Results / Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.