Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,970 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet (44740 Views)

Keep Your Dirty Nose Out Of Nigeria’s Affairs, Fani-kayode Attacks British Envoy / Obi's Supporter Deletes Tweet About 19 States Won, ANAP Calls It False Info / British Envoy Arrives In Court For Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by dre11(m): 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Catriona Laing, has withdrawn her congratulatorty message to the female governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Adamawa State, Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed (Binani).

Laing had on Sunday congratulated Binani, suggesting that she had won the Adamawa State governorship race and thus becoming the first elected female Governor in the country.

The Envoy, who took to her verified Twitter handle, @CatrionaLaing1, wrote: “Great news! Huge congratulations to Aisha Binani. I hope you will be a trailblazer for other elected female Governors.”

But, by Monday morning, Laing had deleted the tweet after it was found out that the election exercise was yet to be completed.

Based on Laing’s tweet, LEADERSHIP had also reported that Binani was likely to win the governorship election, thus making history as the first elected female Governor in Nigeria.

However, official figures showed that the incumbent Governor of the State and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Umaru Ahmadu Fintiri, is leading Binani in the results of the election announced so far with the result of only one local government area outstanding as at Monday morning.

https://leadership.ng/just-in-british-envoy-makes-u-turn-on-binanis-guber-victory-in-adamawa-deletes-tweet/

8 Likes

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by BIZNess123(m): 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
tongue

I pray she wins oo ... history will be made

Like for binani. Share for fintiri

Meanwhile if you need loan copy the link on my profile very easy to apply and get approval

141 Likes 37 Shares

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by Ofunaofu: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
They got carried away by the APC propaganda

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by We4all: 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/just-in-british-envoy-makes-u-turn-on-binanis-guber-victory-in-adamawa-deletes-tweet/

Nlfpmod

The same woman who won the contract to print materials for INEC is in a final show down with the incumbent Governor. INEC is so corrupt and sees nothing wrong in awarding the printing of sensitive materials to a Governorship aspirant. The more I try to understand, the more it gets complicated. Nigeria should be removed from the world map. The country doesn't exist.

148 Likes 15 Shares

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by inoki247: 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
Lol British sef don dey follow Fake News...

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by Reelmii: 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
grin..i am happy for binani anyways,, weather she wins or not...its her courage for me...if she wins, the issue if girl child marriage will reduce drastically and i am sure that is why the men will not want her to win

So many hausa women cant try this.....her courage will help may hausa women come out from their shells of low self esteem

I celebrate her

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by Sonnobax15(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
grin
Nigeria politicians wan use their wuruwru pattern take drag almighty Britain enter mud with dem grin

7 Likes

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by DennisEche(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
Fintiri is winning.

8 Likes

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by AntiChristian: 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
She must not win!

3 Likes

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by AroleOduduwa2: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
The British are a tool for instability. They don't even try to hide any longer. Everyone can see that they support the apc-led government. In a rational country, this lady would be invited for interfering in local politics.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by Yankiss(m): 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hmmm. Is that two elections or one in Adamawa? I read last night of Binani winning the incumbent, Umari Fintiri. Well, who ever is eventually declared winner should be the credible choice of Adamawans. No rigging please!!!

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
We4all:

The same woman who won the contract to print materials for INEC is in a final show down with the incumbent Governor. INEC is so corrupt and sees nothing wrong in awarding the printing of sensitive materials to a Governorship aspirant. The more I try to understand, the more it gets complicated. Nigeria should be removed from the world map. The country doesn't exist.
Nigeria is a comedy centre for the sane

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by play5050: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
I will be sweet if this woman win, am happy for that small girl who won Kwara house of assembly seat.
The future is indeed female

1 Like

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by StreetFight: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
BIZNess123:
tongue

I pray she wins oo ... history will be made

Like f

Only APC can assure this

1 Like

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by SmartyPants(m): 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
She was winning. The issue is the results for certain lgs were contested and re-tallied. Now Fintiri is almost certain to win.

6 Likes

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by Dentidon: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
The North won't gree grin

Same happened to Mama Taraba who almost won but no way grin

On both occasions, it was APC who gave both women the chance to contest at least..

I think the women in the North should start from deputy Governorship first, the North won't agree to Governorship post just yet. I look at Binani pedigree and she's very sound both in private and public sectors and has gradually worked her ways up..

That said, I don't have a problem with Finitri winning. People say he's been trying.

2 Likes

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by StreetFight: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
play5050:
I will be sweet if this woman win, am happy for that small girl who won Kwara house of assembly seat.
The future is indeed female

You have not thanked APC yet. Do that now

1 Like

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
The average Aboki will never allow a woman to rule them!

It is haram.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by Delco911: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
Lol smiley. Let's hope she wins at least the first female governor in the patriach North.
Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by paymentvoucher: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hmmmmmmmm!
Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by stillme231: 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
Make una dey follow una selves

1 Like

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by Throwback: 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
Lesson here is never rush. Never count your chicks before they are hatched.

2 Likes

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by jamess32: 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
she can't win this election, because Nigeria will soon happen to her. on a normal ground she for win but in Nigeria especially in the northern part I doubt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet by PHIPEX(m): 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
That woman is a big suspect in this election.

Isn't it surprising Britain is the only serious country in the world that congratulated Tinubu?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Appeals Judgement Removing Him As APC Chairman / NAF Airstrikes Kill Scores Of Bandits In Niger, Wedding Party Hit / DSS Accuses Israeli Filmmakers Of Supporting IPOB, Detains Them In Cells

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.