Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together (45802 Views)

Is Duck Farming Very Lucrative In Nigeria / Why Duck Farming Is A Good Alternative To Chicken Farming / Duck Farming: Why It Is A Good Alternative To Chicken. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Creditalerts: 2:10pm On Apr 01, 2023
Kpekpeye grin
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Majaaja: 2:10pm On Apr 01, 2023
I strongly suggests you look for the foreign geese and ducks too ,their size withing short period of time will get you freaked out...
God's speed be on your activities bro...

3 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Aladdin1(m): 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
[quote author=Aremolekunowo post=122040629]To do organic birds. What you must do first is to prepare magic water that is the first thing to give them.
Get a gallon of warm water add some apple cider like 5 tea spoon, add two tea spoon of organic honey then add some crushed garlic and coconut water, then allow it to stay for 24 hours before your chick's arrives.
Give it to them to drink or dip there mouth if they are too weak to drink.
Then afterwards you can be adding these organic products below into there feeds and water
1.Garlic powder or grounded raw
2. Aloe Vera
3. Tagiri as antibiotic
4. Ginger
6. Pawpaw leaves
7. Moringa powder as multi vitamins
8. Black pepper
9. Turmeric
10. Pap water.
11. Grounded pawpaw seeds as dewormr.etc
12. Bitter leaves to their water
13. Saint leaves juice also for deworming them.
14. Some time u give them fresh water only, but let it be untreated water.
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by ruggedboy01: 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2023
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by welzyj2(m): 2:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
Olugids:
Hello lovers of Agriculture and livestocks.

This thread is particularly dedicated to you all.

I have been a livestock farmer for years and my stock bank and expertise includes Rabbits, Goats, Piggery, Cattle and poultry.

Recently, as a form of response to the economic harshness we have been experiencing, I decided to research into a livestock farming that could yield so much with very minimal input and I found one in the category of poultry which is duck farming.

The journey has started already and I just wouldn't like to travel all alone as I have practically done in all other aspects of livestock farming I operate.

This time, I want every lover of livestock, particularly duck lovers, to journey with me, share with me, rejoice with me and benefit from me. I also want to learn from you: I want to hear your criticisms and suggestions.

Meanwhile, please I abhor criticisms without suggestive solutions or promising ideas.

The goal here is simple!

It is about an alternative farming with 'little input' and maximum output. Can we have cheaper quality meats? Can we have cheaper quality eggs? What inputs will be required to attain reasonable commercial quantities?

Well, together we will see how it goes: together we will answer these questions but so far, I started with 10 Muscovies @2month Old.

What's your business handle...I would like to get a matured duck
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by mightyhaze: 2:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
Chai...

How do you cope with snakes in that environment

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by richiepolymer(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2023
Olugids:

I have been a livestock farmer for years and my stock bank and expertise includes Rabbits, Goats, Piggery, Cattle and poultry.

Recently, as a form of response to the economic harshness we have been experiencing, I decided to research into a livestock farming that could yield so much with very minimal input and I found one in the category of poultry which is duck farming.

The journey has started already and I just wouldn't like to travel all alone as I have practically done in all other aspects of livestock farming I operate.

This time, I want every lover of livestock, particularly duck lovers, to journey with me, share with me, rejoice with me and benefit from me. I also want to learn from you: I want to hear your criticisms and suggestions.

Meanwhile, please I abhor criticisms without suggestive solutions or promising ideas.

The goal here is simple!

It is about an alternative farming with 'little input' and maximum output. Can we have cheaper quality meats? Can we have cheaper quality eggs? What inputs will be required to attain reasonable commercial quantities?

Well, together we will see how it goes: together we will answer these questions but so far, I started with 10 Muscovies @2month Old.

If you want your ducks to do very well, you should make a pond for them. Ducks thrive very well in water. They don’t mind spending the entire day in the pond. Try it and thank me later. wink

5 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by RedPilChurchBoy: 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
smiley

Seat booked
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by TheMostComplex1: 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
May God bless your hustle.

But you're wasting money by caging the ducks because it can roam about where there's water & be multiplying. My dad use to have it then & the meat is sweet
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by GoodIsGod: 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
Sorry for the loss of the duck. Next time if you can't get the feed on time make do with whatever food is available. You'ld need something to keep them well and alive till the feed arrives.
There are many local foods ducks and Hen can eat for survival.
Maize Shaft (Eeri in Yoruba)
Garri can be mixed with little water.

It will keep them alive till the right feed comes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by ufotunang: 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
Antibettings:
I also have a duck farm. Just that I need more parents stock.

Where did you get all these ones?
..do people eat duck ..can duck be eaten.?..
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by ufotunang: 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
Do people eat duck...can duck be eaten
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Nyanabo(m): 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
Haaa Pepeye... I de fear that bird oh..

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by ufotunang: 2:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
Olugids:
When I got them
..do people eat duck.. can duck be eaten ?
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by abba09: 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Miracood2:

Very delicious cheesy
u cant eat duck's egg its disgusting even the meat if not very well cooked its disgusting too
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by FireUpNow(m): 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ducks are lovers of water and a pool. Swimming and bathing as usual. What kind of food do you give them?
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
Duck meat sweet o

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by thisisit: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
DUCK HAS NO COMMERCIAL OR NUTRITIONAL VALUE...

IT HAS ONLY SPIRITUAL VALUE..
SOME SAY ITS AN EVIL BIRD
HAWK DOESN'T PREY ON IT

PLEASE GO FOR PIG.. BUSINESS
NOT DUCK SPIRITUAL BUSYNESS

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by SHINJA: 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2023
thisisit:

HAWK DOESN'T PREY ON IT

Nawaooo

6 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by dnawah(m): 3:37pm On Apr 01, 2023
Olugids:

The goal here is simple!

the sweetest poultry grin grin grin
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by waslag11(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
I'm here to follow up
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by timiade446(m): 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ride on brother
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by sharpwriter(m): 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
JetStar:
ewwww....

I hate ducks.

They're uggggllly
Not really, check a full grown male muscovy and see its beauty. Wild ducks are more beautiful. Google mallard and see its plumage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by sharpwriter(m): 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2023
Nmezor:
I don't know why I don't like Ducks...Anyway great job OP
I learnt their eggs are best for making cakes... It brings fluffy texture bla bla. Between where have you been?

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by LikeAking: 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
Aremolekunowo:
It is very necessary to prepare little swimming pool for them, for a better metabolism.
It will make them very excited. You can buy a used bath tub from Anboki seal any leakage, dig ground and Buried it them filled it with water for them to be swimming happily. God bless your hustle.

Them come to swim?
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by sharpwriter(m): 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
KanesHost:

The demand is huge and it's mostly used for sacrifices or fetish purposes. Very few people buy it for consumption.
One of the reasons I detest Westernized African mentality is our linear attitude, like one way or zombie. Many never sabi more than chicken, cow and fish for their lives. Meanwhile this duck, the meat quality pass chicken wella both in flavor, taste and thickness (very rich)... Our ancestors were not so... Na white men get us dey make us too mumu angry

6 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by stigman(m): 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Olugids:

The goal here is simple!

They need water to play with, shallow pound

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by Xerxes75: 4:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
What food do you feed them with and control in a place restricting their movement
Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by sharpwriter(m): 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
ufotunang:
..do people eat duck ..can duck be eaten.?..
Listen to an African! shocked shocked
Yes ó, it can be eaten... It's been a delicacy since ancient times.

3 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by sharpwriter(m): 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
thisisit:

HAWK DOESN'T PREY ON IT

Myopic!

2 Likes

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by adecz: 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
Poor man's chicken 😐😐😐

1 Like

Re: Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together by boyency: 4:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Farm is good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / 100 Acres for sale at Alabata , Abeokuta , Ogun State N250k /Acres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.