Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election (37040 Views)

Tinubu Wins Rivers State Presidential Election / INEC Declares Wike Winner Of Rivers Governorship Race / Rivers Governorship Election Updates By Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election by Katcall: 11:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
Samogloby:
God bless you my brother, Obi ambition was to destroy PDP vote. I love Obi thinking he will become Nigeria president after Atiku but destroy Igbo chances of becoming Nigeria president. After 8yrs of Yoruba,Hausa 8yrs, the presidency will return to South South. So Igbo should forget about presidency for now
you're mad. Jonathan Neva rule
Re: PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election by Jnkay: 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
After hurting people because of this guy, he will betray Wike watch out.
Re: PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election by Kukutenla: 7:36am On Mar 22, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
even if he care about southern candidate, he would care about himself bn the candidate most...that is the fact, everybody want to write history
But he promised to support whoever emerged from the primaries
He only changed voice when he wasn't chosen as VP
Re: PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election by Kukutenla: 7:40am On Mar 22, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
lemme give u a hint

When atiku wanted to contest the primary, if obi had not decamped and run with atiku, there should be concrete hrt to hrt talk between them, the agreement should be after him then the Igbos, Igbos has invested so much in pdp we all know, Igbo didn't have any affinity with APC that is why I am surprised when the Igbos are saying tinubu should step down for obi. I was like how?? It's PDP that should be under that obligation and not APC.
You're making it sound like these parties are Tribal parties. PDP gave OBJ a Yoruba presidency in 1999 despite Yorubas not voting for PDP.
Besides that, most of you conveniently forget that a part of APGA formed APC through Okorocha.
So to say Igbos don't have any affinity with APC is simply untrue.
What has happened in APC is that the person with the largest resources took over the party. It has nothing to do with booty sharing.
Obi left PDP primarily because of Wike not Atiku. That's the truth
Re: PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election by OlawaleBammie: 8:26am On Mar 22, 2023
Kukutenla:

You're making it sound like these parties are Tribal parties. PDP gave OBJ a Yoruba presidency in 1999 despite Yorubas not voting for PDP.
Besides that, most of you conveniently forget that a part of APGA formed APC through Okorocha.
So to say Igbos don't have any affinity with APC is simply untrue.
What has happened in APC is that the person with the largest resources took over the party. It has nothing to do with booty sharing.
Obi left PDP primarily because of Wike not Atiku. That's the truth
it's not a tribal tins bro just that some parties are relevant in some parts of the country than other
Take for example, APC is relevant in SW, PDP is relevant in SS and SE, APC is relevant in upper north, PDP and APC in the middle belt. So saying SE has a bigger stake in pdp from time immemorial is not a falacy. APC don't use to have significant amount of vote in SE we all know that so what are u covering??

And secondly, I only knew about the transition of AC to ACN to APC how did u find a way to slot APGA into the equation is still a mystery for me, again, did Okorocha ruled imo under apga?? How come it's Okorocha that merge apga with a party to produce APC?? Maybe I don't understand u tho.
Re: PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election by OlawaleBammie: 8:28am On Mar 22, 2023
Kukutenla:

But he promised to support whoever emerged from the primaries
He only changed voice when he wasn't chosen as VP
that is a mind game and e no follow if truly what u said is wat happened.

He wanted a southern candidate and still wanted to be the vice(same from the south) I don't believe this.
Re: PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election by cooljude(m): 8:39am On Mar 22, 2023
Ingocof:

Northerners will vote for a bigot like Obi that is using Church and tribe to campaign, indeed Soludo did not lie when he called you guys a headless mob.

Y'all are the bigots.....
Re: PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election by Kukutenla: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
that is a mind game and e no follow if truly what u said is wat happened.

He wanted a southern candidate and still wanted to be the vice(same from the south) I don't believe this.
Which shows you were not following events.
Re: PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election by Kukutenla: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
it's not a tribal tins bro just that some parties are relevant in some parts of the country than other
Take for example, APC is relevant in SW, PDP is relevant in SS and SE, APC is relevant in upper north, PDP and APC in the middle belt. So saying SE has a bigger stake in pdp from time immemorial is not a falacy. APC don't use to have significant amount of vote in SE we all know that so what are u covering??

And secondly, I only knew about the transition of AC to ACN to APC how did u find a way to slot APGA into the equation is still a mystery for me, again, did Okorocha ruled imo under apga?? How come it's Okorocha that merge apga with a party to produce APC?? Maybe I don't understand u tho.
You're making it a tribal affair when you allocate regions to political parties the way you did. Regions are made by tribes that are in it.

APC not having votes from SE is a natural response to the feeling in SE that APC was simply a vehicle to hijack pwr from the SE/SS bloc.
That said, Okorocha won Imo governorship under PDP before he defected to APGA for his second term. It was while in his second term that he joined others to form APC. It's a fact you can check online.
Re: PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election by Ingocof(m): 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2023
cooljude:

Y'all are the bigots.....

No, it is you that don't know that politics is about alliance and not about religion and tribe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan Wanted Kachikwu To Replace Diezani - Olisa Metuh / FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair / President Buhari's Supporters In Jos Go Gaga In Front Of His Convoy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.