Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS (5146 Views)

Obi Chased Non-Indigenes Out Of Anambra – SDP Spokesman / 2023: Governor Mohammed Warns Bauchi People Against Electing Non-Indigenes / 2019: Non-indigenes Leave Kano Ahead Of Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Jogs1900: 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
pandax:

We will not resist, but we will avoid by paying in our home states. Whatever is your given tax assessment in Lagos, Anambra will give you 70% discount folks. Pay in Anambra and show LIRS evidence of paying at your business HQs
Shey you will pay your land use charge in Anambra too...Oniyeye

1 Like

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by MuchAdo: 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
jimyjames:

Common sense should have equally made you create your own country instead of crying over igbo dominance

You have not even come close cheesy Yet we have been this brutal in killing off the idea cheesy
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Chibuzoc(m): 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
when the laws are taking it cause hope people will not cry foul

Law that cannot protect and guarantee your safety should be neglected
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Okwyjesus(m): 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
SmartPolician:
These guys need to calm down; elections are over. If Nigeria will ever work, sacrifices will be made. People will certainly die, but we can avoid this route if we are a reasonable people.

One thing I have come to realize about this country is that two ethnic groups cannot cause a widespread civil war. Una go just kill unaselves while others watch.

Am sorry TINUBU is starting on a very wrong note.

Without mincing words, stopping Igbos from voting in Lagos meant violating the same constitution that keeps this country going and every well-meaning Nigerian must condemn it in the strongest terms.

Am sure Yoruba tribal bigotry will come out in full glare in this govt. They think they are fighting lgbos. Reasonable Nigerians are watching.

After they will come decieving themselves. Igbos are not patriotic. Those of us that believe a little in Nigeria are loosing hope already.

Kanu must be right then...
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Britishpea: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
And they will leave Lagos with their businesses. Try are not the only ones doing businesses in Lagos.

They will pay it and keep paying it if they want to keep living in Lagos.

The rule is to be brutal to people who don’t want to learn. They will learn in a hard way. Like say we care?
Make den DEY PLAY

2 Likes

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by mii4u(f): 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Because you're still in Lagos.

Besides, stop the lies of not being allowed to vote.
Whete then does Chinedu got 300k plus votes
I've seen pple that lie and divert the truth like apc supporters.
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Chibuzoc(m): 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2023
Britishpea:
And they will leave Lagos with their businesses. Try are not the only ones doing businesses in Lagos.

They will pay it and keep paying it if they want to keep living in Lagos.

The rule is to be brutal to people who don’t want to learn. They will learn in a hard way. Like say we care?
Make den DEY PLAY
Brutal abi😂😂😂hope say you mama and sisters no fresh else them go collect the brutality 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by jimyjames(m): 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
MuchAdo:

You have not even come close cheesy Yet we have been this brutal in killing off the idea cheesy
Kill which idea? If after the brutal civil war that happened 50 yrs ago between Igbos and the rest of Nigeria ,it didn't stop you from selling your lands to us , what what brutal killing of Which idea are you talking about?
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by rummmy: 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
Leave their lagos for them,come back and Chase their people back to their Lagos una no gree .....
How can the same govt telling you that it is your right to vote recruit it's agents chaired by mc oluomo to stop tax payers from voting...and 70% of oil and gas staffs here are yorubas.....it will not work.
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by excanny: 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
No vote, no tax.

I'm cancelling my account with LIRS very soon.
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Eniitankorede: 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
Chibuzoc:
Non indigenes are threatening to boycott payments of tax to LIRS (Lagos inland revenue service) as a form of protest over the disenfranchisement of their votes as citizens. As seen on Twitter, I think only agberos in Lagos should pay, non indigenes should only pay indirect tax.

You go to prison. Don’t you use the road and other facilities?
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Chibuzoc(m): 1:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
Eniitankorede:

You go to prison. Don’t you use the road and other facilities?

That can be sorted out from my indirect tax
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by iyiola799: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
Okrika sellers dey pay direct tax? Awon Esin AturuOkrika sellers dey pay direct tax? Awon Esin Aturu...

1 Like

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Rickmann: 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2023
SmartPolician:
These guys need to calm down; elections are over. If Nigeria will ever work, sacrifices will be made. People will certainly die, but we can avoid this route if we are a reasonable people.

One thing I have come to realize about this country is that two ethnic groups cannot cause a widespread civil war. Una go just kill unaselves while others watch.

Without mincing words, stopping Igbos from voting in Lagos meant violating the same constitution that keeps this country together and every well-meaning Nigerian must condemn it in the strongest terms.

How can they be demanding for tax yet the so-called non indigenes cannot a little as exercise their civic right. Lagos state government has just drawn the battle line. Now they will know that the none indigenes made Lagos what it is today. Let those politicians with their touts and thugs pay the taxes.

Rubbish
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by juman(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
You go plenty for jail.

You can only bail yourself with lot of money.
Nobody is stopping you from moving to your state but you must pay tax if you do business here.

1 Like

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by asanausana91: 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
aljharem:
Good so once you are arrested don't shout tribalism
see this animal. How can you pay for tax in a place where you cannot vote. Since you said igbos should not come out to vote for their choice then why do you want their taxes.

1 Like

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Israel07: 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
optionalY09:

No one stop igbo from voting, they were only asked to support our agenda since we are their host. Is that tom hard to follow.

Vote for us that’s all we asked for

Support ur own agenda since you're their host, do you know the meaning of this nonsense u just typed? So no be ur land u agberos dey fight for again?
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Orobokibo1: 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Chibuzoc:
Non indigenes are threatening to boycott payments of tax to LIRS (Lagos inland revenue service) as a form of protest over the disenfranchisement of their votes as citizens. As seen on Twitter, I think only agberos in Lagos should pay, non indigenes should only pay indirect tax.
your businesses will be legitimately taken away from you if you fail to pay tax.
you cant even win it in any court

2 Likes

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by asanausana91: 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
aljharem:

But you are using lagos road water and other facilities sponsored by lagos state ?

Honestly some of you don't even know how to run a society

and Lagos is collecting money from igbos oil and gas. If Iam not free to chose my leader then why should I pay for tax?
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by asanausana91: 2:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
You'll have to leave Lagos State if you don't want to ..

You can't be staying in Lagos, enjoy the amenities, business atmosphere and say you won't pay tax.
if they are really enjoying Lagos why are you stopping them from voting? The greatest joy for an individual is to vote for his choice, where that is not possible then forget about democracy.
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by asanausana91: 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Because you're still in Lagos.

Besides, stop the lies of not being allowed to vote.
Whete then does Chinedu got 300k plus votes
if I am in Lagos why didn't you allow me to vote?
Even your fellow Yoruba woman and man has testified how they were pursued out of the polling units because they resemble igbos.
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by CSTRR: 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
Most of the Yoruba urchins on nairaland talking about "go back to your region" did not get tax notice from the LIRS.

Their productivity and usefulness to Lagos has not gotten to that level.

They are useless to Lagos after elections.

1 Like

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2023
But I and my family were allowed to vote even when I'm always mistaken as Igbo

Who then gave Chinedu 300k plus votes?
asanausana91:
if I am in Lagos why didn't you allow me to vote?
Even your fellow Yoruba woman and man has testified how they were pursued out of the polling units because they resemble igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Chibuzoc(m): 2:59pm On Mar 21, 2023
Orobokibo1:

your businesses will be legitimately taken away from you if you fail to pay tax.
you cant even win it in any court

That's all you ever think of, taking over people's properties, an average yoruba man's thinking is how to take over Igbo property. Na swear them swear for una?
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by KosiGee(m): 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
aljharem:
Good so once you are arrested don't shout tribalism

They are not allowed to vote but they must pay their taxes!!

Some of you should be burnt and your ashes scattered in the desert.

Mc Oluomo and all those baales and obas who prevented people from voting should pay all the taxes.
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by asanausana91: 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
But I and my family were allowed to vote even when I'm always mistaken as Igbo

Who then gave Chinedu 300k plus votes?
was he supposed to get 300k votes only? He would have gotten more than 900k.
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by skj1377(m): 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
If they don't pay tax closedown their business or sealoff the shop. They are free to relocate to another state and do business. Nobody forced them to come and look for means of livelihood in Lagos. Spit

1 Like

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by colestephan86: 5:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
Chibuzoc:
These people and stupidity, na you go taya.

2 Likes

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by colestephan86: 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2023
aljharem:

But you are using lagos road water and other facilities sponsored by lagos state ?

Honestly some of you don't even know how to run a society

They are so stupid ,

3 Likes

Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Jogs1900: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
excanny:
No vote, no tax.

I'm cancelling my account with LIRS very soon.
Which account are you cancelling?
Funny dude
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by Chibuzoc(m): 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
colestephan86:

These people and stupidity, na you go taya.

Stupidity is when you don't want my vote but need my tax
Re: Non Indigenes Of Lagos Vows To Boycott LIRS by colestephan86: 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2023
Chibuzoc:

Stupidity is when you don't want my vote but need my tax
How much is your tax? Y don't u take it home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? / A Reporter Asked Obama If Its Possible To Postpone Election , See Answer / The Same People Who Claim Buhari Is Sick Are Now The Ones Being Hospitalized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.