Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price (31337 Views)

Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by kingsceemark(m): 12:46am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:
I meet this lady in December 2019 and by 2020 we had the opportunity to connect with each other on a friendship level. From my interactions with her and observations, she is cool-headed and calm, intelligent and ambitious. Her skills match someone I dream of marrying. She is from Anambra, state - Umuoji

However, as a low-budget guy, I am weighing my options due to stereotype of demanding for a gargantuan bride price.

I want to know if what people are saying online is true or exaggerated

Editted

Bros go and marry your Yoruba sister ooo that's if you truly want a better tomorrow for your unborn children, those your stupid people from the south wastee don dey discriminate against children wey their mother came from the south East oo

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by stanza(m): 12:58am On Mar 22, 2023
If you love her, you will raise and pay the bride price. No price is too much for love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QYmEtujs5w

Like, subscribe.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Collins4u1(m): 12:59am On Mar 22, 2023
oga Goan marry from your village.... simple.

no carry your low budget self come umuoji.

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 22, 2023
Easy, you can arrange a payment plan with your inlaws for the bride price and other things. Kne year is enough to complete your payment.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Reliableman: 3:14am On Mar 22, 2023
Your worrying about ride price of a girl that has sucked more dicks than you have seen pvssy. Men dey try
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by NezzyMike: 3:32am On Mar 22, 2023
If you are Yoruba, abeg go for your own people and leave our Umuoji babe, because the way you people dash out kids to other women and discriminate the woman is top the roof.

Abeg face your people ooo so that the kids will not suffer what we recently experienced.
Bye

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by NezzyMike: 3:36am On Mar 22, 2023
Adexgentle005:
Shoot your akamu inside. That exactly what I did to my Igbo baby mama. I went for introduction pay some money and she’s with me now!

Shameless you and baby mama, remember those kids are not yours and not until you pay their mother's bride price OYO.
It's like you don't know Igbo culture when it comes to marriage.

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by DenreleDave(m): 3:59am On Mar 22, 2023
Lionstep:
Where are you from huh, South West I guess

Now leave omo Igbo alone! Go find afonja woman I take God beg you, so your people won't call her children omo ale tomorrow

Yes.. We will call him Omo ale if he behaves like one

Final!!!!!
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Antivirus92(m): 4:01am On Mar 22, 2023
leave that lady..... go and marry from your region...

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by DenreleDave(m): 4:03am On Mar 22, 2023
Ernezt:
U don't really love her. U just want to marry her. Love has no barriers. When u love her u will forget ur said gargantuan pride prize.

Trash 🚮
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Anonymoususher: 4:05am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:
I meet this lady in December 2019 and by 2020 we had the opportunity to connect with each other on a friendship level. From my interactions with her and observations, she is cool-headed and calm, intelligent and ambitious. Her skills match someone I dream of marrying. She is from Anambra, state - Umuoji

However, as a low-budget guy, I am weighing my options due to stereotype of demanding for a gargantuan bride price.

Editted

You are obviously a Yoruba guy and with the kind of hate we have received so far from your people, I am very sure her parents will reject you.

We saw so called educated men, boys and women stir up ethnic hate just cos of elections. They rejected their son just because he has an igbo mother and an igbo wife.

Parents watched and that has its repercussions because the relationship between igbos and yorubas have been set back again.

See ehhh, just wait for the healing process (if at all there will be any) before you proceed because now the anger from the just concluded election is still fresh

2 Likes

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by 3phase(m): 4:29am On Mar 22, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You are judging her without any igbophobic proof from her. There a lot of intertribal marriages between Yorubas and igbos that has worked and are still perfectly working fine . The Adeleke’s are typical example
but the Adeleke's you mentioned are rich. OP said he is a low-budget guy
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by simonsayz: 5:36am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

Don’t run anyway…if she loves you you both will put heads together marriage no be do or die….marriage in the east no be here oo…that’s why u see when most of the pays bride price dem carry wife go no party nothing because dem don spend 2m+ for bride price alone….my advice is for you to continue you intentions get the list frm the girls family and put heads together…
Marriage is beautiful don’t go back on that decision
Bless up
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by mrblessed(m): 5:43am On Mar 22, 2023
What an unserious fellow! So you haven't approach the family before rushing to poorly defame Igbo online. I have great fear and pity for that lady and her family for knowing who you are.

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Chetas81(m): 6:00am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted
until the truth visit your doorstep
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by samwillyco1(m): 6:06am On Mar 22, 2023
4ckyou:
your own is even better, Anambra people bride price no they high like that.
my own babe is from Imo state, mbaise precisely, na wetin they hold me be that I still they gather bride bride price money since last year August.

Start doing daily contribution grin grin grin grin

I told my girl to get the marriage list from her father, for me to know what to do. I love her but I can't kill myself and she wants to get married now now now.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by samwillyco1(m): 6:08am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

Ask her to get the marriage list ( bride price list ) from her people first before complaining.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by stampo: 6:26am On Mar 22, 2023
Your litmus test came early...
Man up, face your fears , don't lost what gives you joy based on other's presumption..

Expand your coast and never believe you can't do more....
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by occfx: 6:30am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

You must marry her well ooo but the energy or the money is conserved for you in advance. They apply the law of conservation of energy. They don't create nor destroy but transforms your money from one form to another. You should worry more about her person not the bride price... My opinion.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Titanium001: 6:42am On Mar 22, 2023
If you truly love her, I don't see a problem here. In spite of the highly exaggerated stereotypical claims against Ibo girls, I have never heard of a scenario where a man and a woman are truly in love, but parents demands stood in the way

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Kubin: 6:50am On Mar 22, 2023
Go fine money before you think of marriage.or use the small one u have and play 2odd
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by WithFact: 6:51am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

All I could understand from your point looking for high quality commodity but cheap in price.
With that kind quality she is blessed with why she deserve maximum respect including started from bride price...
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Nyanabo(m): 6:54am On Mar 22, 2023
I've only decided to do traditional marriage. If my wife wants the white wedding, she should pay for it.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by garyaustin(m): 7:40am On Mar 22, 2023
Everything under the sun is negotiable and that includes Bride Price. Meanwhile, Bride price in most of Anambra is below 10k. Yes below 10k not typo.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by mukthar2000(m): 7:57am On Mar 22, 2023
Guy marry beautiful lady from North with affordable pride price and have peace of mind.

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Judybash93(m): 7:59am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

People like you can break bottle on someone head over a piece of bread. You don't know me yet you throw the dagger.

Man! Ignore him
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Tommydare(m): 8:11am On Mar 22, 2023
My own babe is from Anambra as well. Obosi to be exact.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Adexgentle005(m): 8:21am On Mar 22, 2023
NezzyMike:

Shameless you and baby mama, remember those kids are not yours and not until you pay their mother's bride price OYO.
It's like you don't know Igbo culture when it comes to marriage.
This one is story. She’s ready to leave the kid with me already!
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Oplomo: 8:22am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

Go and marry from your yoruba tribe. Stop bringing to this world children that your tribe will victimize because they are half-Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by pps1759(m): 9:10am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted
I don't know you but I have been there. I would have love to help in finding out few things about the people and to some extent what is obtainable from the people of umuoji.but the most important thing is the 1.Family you want to marry from if both parent,Pls not one of the two. (father and mother would love their daughter to marry a Yoruba man).pls don't gamble 👆
2.Please don't go into that journey without calculating the cost of the traditional marriage,Because almost of the expenses shall be on you.I did not say support cannot come from your inlaw.
3.Please stop sleeping with her if you don't have the two stated above
4.Please stop sleeping with her if you know deep down you won't or can't marry her.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Davidsimonnie: 9:10am On Mar 22, 2023
Hi, Mr. loverboy

Permit me to use that name. The main issue here is your WHY of marriage is wrong.
take a look at your reasons for marriage" she is cool-headed and calm, intelligent and ambitious. Her skills match someone I dream of marrying" these are wrong reasons, who tells you marriage will make her be more peaceful, you don't even have an idea of what you are capable of doing when married.

I am not here to insult you no, but to bring alignment to your plan. 1. You have a vision, you are going somewhere.....(am not talking about building a house, you can build a house without getting married). 2. Then you look for a woman that will complement that vision of yours.(a woman that will make the journey "what while".)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is IVF The Only Way Out??? (A Must Read) / Nigerian Woman Curses Ex-Husband (VIDEO) / How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.