Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price (31315 Views)

Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse / I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by hammerT: 8:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:
I meet this lady in December 2019 and by 2020 we had the opportunity to connect with each other on a friendship level. From my interactions with her and observations, she is cool-headed and calm, intelligent and ambitious. Her skills match someone I dream of marrying. She is from Anambra, state - Umuoji

However, as a low-budget guy, I am weighing my options due to stereotype of demanding for a gargantuan bride price.

I want to know if what people are saying online is true or exaggerated

Editted

GO TO HELL.

PLEASE, TRY AND BE MARRY WOMEN FROM YOUR OWN TRIBE, DO U HEAR.

ALL THIS NONSENSE, IS GETTING OUT OF HAND.

IF U DONT KNOW NA CRAZE DEY WORRY UNA SO.

DAY AND NIGHT IGBO. HABA!

13 Likes

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Blessings98(f): 8:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
Okay
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Ireportlive: 8:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
Give am belle, price go cheap

2 Likes

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by hammerT: 8:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
WHY ARE YORUBA MEN THE MOST USELESS IN NIGERIA?

EVERY FUCUKING TIME OF THE DAY, IGBO.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

11 Likes

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by DMCA: 8:18pm On Mar 21, 2023
Make sure you fvck her very well before you do I turn and go and marry an affordable girl grin
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by grandstar(m): 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Just because there are some that seem to have worked does not mean it works for everyone. There are many out there filled with regret and majorly because they held racist ideals from the beginning they were unable to let go of even after marriage. undecided

This OP here clearly holds to racist views that ought not be overlooked as that girl is someone's daughter abeg! undecided

There are also Yoruba-Yoruba marriages that are failures as as ibo ibo marriages. Stop overlabouring this issue.

Also, you meant to say tribalism and not racism.

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by jojothaiv(m): 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2023
Nazgul:

A lot of Keke and okada riders in the SE are legally married, they paid what they could afford and took their wife home. So if they can do it, you definitely can.

If you truly want to marry her, discuss your plans with her...try to find out what marriage list in her side looks like. That should give you a rough estimate of the total cost of marrying her.

This now brings us to step 2 which is for you to become friends with her parents and siblings, call them often and say hello to them, if you can afford some edibles, buy for them...but be sure that you let them know that you're not in anyway related to dangote.

As your relationship with her parents grows, meet her dad one on one and tell him your plans for his daughter, and the kind of budget you have, that you're a young man just starting life, but working towards rapid growth with his daughter...he'll most likely tell you not to worry because you've already established a working relationship with him.

After consultations, knocking and other traditional bruhaha have been done, you can fix your date for the traditional marriage with peace of mind. Cos your father in-law would be the one to talk to his Kingsmen so that they won't suffocate you with over billing.

After the traditional marriage, you can meet your pastor and organize a low-key white wedding. Just make it within your budget and you'll be fine.
OP, regardless of people throwing stones at you follow this piece of advice.

You'll be fine.

4 Likes

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by DMCA: 8:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You are judging her without any igbophobic proof from her. There a lot of intertribal marriages between Yorubas and igbos that has worked and are still perfectly working fine . The Adeleke’s are typical example

You sit and just conclude on how well someone's private life is going.

Mumu.

Do you think some of these marriages will still be balanced if at all it is without the finance?

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by oluwaseyi0: 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
sisisioge:
Why not ask her, she would know?

Btw, your question sef is insensitive in the wake of the current massive discrimination against the Igbos. You should have allowed us drink water drop cup on top the matter first before bringing your own matter. Igbophobia kor, livephobia ni!

Insensitive? Maybe you will help him pay the bride price to prevent insensitivity

The last 2 imo girls I know get married at 300k bride price each with the husband still carrying every single damn expenses of both white and traditional wedding

This is not online trolling, this is eye witness report

4 Likes

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by haybhi1(m): 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Igbo women are really the weakest link. You can see how they end up thinking of you. I pity any Igbo lady that marries into your family. If you are this daft, only God knows how your parents and your siblings think. Why do you even want to marry an igbo lady when your kids will be called bastards tomorrow should they intend to run for political office and off course they can't run for office in Igbo land too.

Sometimes una go just dey use emotions jamtalk rubbish.... how many times dem don call Akeredolu bastard, Osun's Adeleke sons' bastards, Desmond Elliot bastard, Seyi Tinubu's children bastard, ...? ...with a keen eye on Peter Okoye's bastard treatment from his family for marrying Lola, who was there when he and his twin brother were absent.

The affinity to assume self-victimhood and guilt-trip others is ever surging with you guys.

Dishing out what you can't ever accept, through manipulation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by hammerT: 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
IGBO PEOPLE ARE NOT IN NIGERIA BY CHOICE.

WE ALREADY LEFT NIGERIA IN THE 1960S, IT WAS BRITAIN, US AND RUSSIA THAT FUNDED A WAR TO DRAG US BACK INTO THIS SHIT HOLE.

ADDED WITH RECENT HAPPENINGS IN LAGOS, NO RIGHT THINKING RESPONSIBLE IGBO GIRL OR FAMILY WILL FOSTER, NURTURE OR ENTERTAIN ANY SOUGHT OF INTER-TRIBAL MARRIAGES WITH YORUBA.

IGBO ARE BETTER OFF, MARRYING FULANI OR HAUSA, WHITE, CHINESE, IF THEY CANNOT FIND SOMEONE FROM THE SS REGION WHO ARE MORE OR LESS OUR OWN BROTHERS.

YORUBA GO AND LOVE/MARRY YOURSELF, MOVE ON ALREADY.

10 Likes

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by DearGorgeous(f): 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:
I meet this lady in December 2019 and by 2020 we had the opportunity to connect with each other on a friendship level. From my interactions with her and observations, she is cool-headed and calm, intelligent and ambitious. Her skills match someone I dream of marrying. She is from Anambra, state - Umuoji

However, as a low-budget guy, I am weighing my options due to stereotype of demanding for a gargantuan bride price.

Editted

Oga leave what people are saying online and go meet her family one on one to know what is obtainable in their family.

When it gets to the stage of marriage, some of you will be looking for uneccessary excuses to disappoint.

For the years you have known her, a serious suitor would have gotten all the information needed, ready.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Lashist(m): 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You are judging her without any igbophobic proof from her. There a lot of intertribal marriages between Yorubas and igbos that has worked and are still perfectly working fine . The Adeleke’s are typical example
Aside trolling, you actually don't have sense and this is why all the men you come across don't take you seriously. Where did the OP mention his issue was the tribe or such. I just pity the people around you and your parents that would wake up to see their daughter being foolish and acting dull daily

3 Likes

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Votukpa(m): 8:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

Check for the following:
1. Is she a virgin? Like a virgin virgin. She's not been so much as kissed by another man.
2. Is she young? Below 24.
3. Is she from comfortable home. Doesn't come from poor and greedy parents.

If it's a yes for all three point, do anything to marry her. Get your money up and marry her.

If you can't get your money up to marry her Deceive her and get her pregnant. You will PAY a heavier price though.

Go and get your money up. If you do, you might not get the quality of girl you need as a man.

Men with money never find great wives.

Women with money don't make great wives.

2 Likes

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Diddycsbsb: 8:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Fooooools

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by mechanics(m): 8:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Their bride price is not as expensive as Imo State.

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by hammerT: 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
Votukpa:

Check for the following:
1. Is she a virgin? Like a virgin virgin. She's not been so much as kissed by another man.
2. Is she young? Below 24.
3. Is she from comfortable home. Doesn't come from poor and greedy parents.

If it's a yes for three point do anything to marry her. Get your money up and marry her.

If you can't get your money up to marry her Deceive her andget her pregnant. You will be a heavy price though.

Go and get your money up. If you do however, you might not get the quality of girl you need as a man.

Men with money never find great wives.

IT IS WRONG TO DECIEVE ANYBODY AND GET THEM PREGNANT BEFORE MARRIAGE.

IT IS AN ACT OF DESPERATION AND SHAMEFUL.

I DONT KNOW WHAT SPIRIT HAVE POSSESSED MANY OF YOU, BUT EVERYTHING THESE DAYS MUST INVOLVE EVIL.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
grandstar:
■ There are also Yoruba-Yoruba marriages that are failures as as ibo ibo marriages. Stop overlabouring this issue.
■ Also, you meant to say tribalism and not racism.
1. This makes no sense! undecided

2. Racism is what it is! Look up the meaning of the word in the dictionary if you don't already realize it for what it is abeg! undecided
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Lionstep: 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
Where are you from huh, South West I guess

Now leave omo Igbo alone! Go find afonja woman I take God beg you, so your people won't call her children omo ale tomorrow

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by bonnyhope: 8:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

It might not even be the bride price that would be the problem, the issue is that can you comfortably take care of her continously? Considering that you are a low budget person

Girls these days no de wan manage o
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Badgers14: 8:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

Go and collect list first and see for yourself...

If she ticks all your boxes.. don't let that scare you.

When you get the list, do what you can.. there's no law that says you must do everything in the list... you have to negotiate, have the elders from your side assist.. they already know the drill..

But in all, make sure you pay the bride price first... typically families don't collect the full amount, like in my place what they normally do is , if the bride price is say 10k, the father of the lady will collect the 10k and return 9,500 or 9k depending, then telling the new inlaws his daughter is not for sale, they should take good care of his daughter.. he collected the 5h or 1k so he doesn't break away from tradition or for the new inlaw to think he is not happy.

So that's it.. also alittle secret here . If your pocket is shaking, before the d day, reason with your inlaw and they will help you do a background negotiating on their end, that will make things easier for your elders when they come to pay the bride price.

Cheers and good luck!!
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by BigBrother9ja: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted
IF SHE'S NOT A VIRGIN, SHE DOES NOT DESERVE AN HONORABLE WEDDING OR BRIDE PRICE.
EVEN ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, BRIDE PRICE SHOULD ONLY BE PAID ON DECENT AND CHASTE GIRLS...

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A USED PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Tzar(m): 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
If you can’t afford to marry her, you can’t!
Don’t indebt yourself just to marry a woman. It is a futile effort. If there is no way to make marrying her affordable, LEAVE!
Look for other women you can afford and meet your requirements. There are many of them out there. Your options are not limited, you are the one that limits your options.

OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Isabi4lov: 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

I don't believe this, you guys can do better without inciting tribalism
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by 43Ronin: 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
Bro for an igbo girl to date your broke ass, you even reason to marry am, that means ahe don burst your head & she go sabi cook all those igbo soup men she try... abeg their list na die, just free am. But abeg PM me I go like get her digits. I get igbo bros for here wey dey find her type to marry AsAP. Abeg I don PM you, send me her digits abeg, the men get the bar for the list.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Pat081: 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lol to marry from that side sef na problem for who do not have money
4ckyou:
your own is even better, Anambra people bride price no they high like that.
my own babe is from Imo state, mbaise precisely, na wetin they hold me be that I still they gather bride bride price money since last year August.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Mykelslim: 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
Don't think too much. Use your preeq and the bride price will come down. grin

If you know you know
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by hammerT: 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by 43Ronin: 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
4ckyou:
your own is even better, Anambra people bride price no they high like that.
my own babe is from Imo state, mbaise precisely, na wetin they hold me be that I still they gather bride bride price money since last year August.
Since last year? You be ju.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by LILTJAY: 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ogun waste the yamlegg girl wink
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by hammerT: 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
LILTJAY:
Ogun waste the yamlegg girl wink

WHAT ELSE IS INSIDE THAT BRAIN?

YORUBA MEN ARE REALLY USELESS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Certified Marriage Counsellors In Lagos Nigeria / "My Husband Refused To Have Sex With Me For 3 Years" - Angry Wife Tells Court / Nigerian Woman Curses Ex-Husband (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.