Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price (31336 Views)

Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by ukaface(f): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:
I meet this lady in December 2019 and by 2020 we had the opportunity to connect with each other on a friendship level. From my interactions with her and observations, she is cool-headed and calm, intelligent and ambitious. Her skills match someone I dream of marrying. She is from Anambra, state - Umuoji

However, as a low-budget guy, I am weighing my options due to stereotype of demanding for a gargantuan bride price.

I want to know if what people are saying online is true or exaggerated

Editted
Where are you from?
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Solocoin: 10:43am On Mar 22, 2023
Assumption kill faster, you're assuming. Call her and talk to her and hear from her first. Do you know if she will marry you at first? If yes then you proceed to her parents house and if you get the list and it's too much for you then you can also negotiate with the parents and if it doesn't work out then you move on.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by frozen70(f): 11:09am On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:
I meet this lady in December 2019 and by 2020 we had the opportunity to connect with each other on a friendship level. From my interactions with her and observations, she is cool-headed and calm, intelligent and ambitious. Her skills match someone I dream of marrying. She is from Anambra, state - Umuoji

However, as a low-budget guy, I am weighing my options due to stereotype of demanding for a gargantuan bride price.

Editted

You dont need to be scared about the bride price as you can discuss it first with her family on your first visit

Her father or family should be able ro list out what you are expected to bring

If it's within your power best it down to your capacity and ask him to explain all that is expected of you

Then if it's what you can carry good and fine you go ahead and start planning

If uts what you can't handle, just let them know at that point that it's beyond your plan

Even if they say don't worry do the one you can and later you complete it, just let them know that you don't like things of such being done half way, am sure that will move them to reduce it

Alternatively if you can't, just let them know that you are not capable

But don't accept what you can't complete

Am very sure they will adjust it for the sake of their daughter
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by mbaise1000: 11:52am On Mar 22, 2023
kestolove95:
My brother run for ur life.. Dot Nation women wey dey control Dia husband, swap ur real female child for a male child ND if you tire her she go cal her brothers submit ur picture make dem use u do rituals

The truth still remains that every single IGBO girl will prefer to marry an IGBO man first, anytime any day, if this op is a little more intelligent, he shouldn't have brought this rubish here, he should have chosen between the qualities he saw in the girl and the money he thinks he will pay, anyways, I don't see this thread as a serious thing just something some little mind somewhere want to use to troll IGBOS as usual, I am sure that whoever it is is so ashamed of wherever shit hole he came from to tell us where it is, we are here and anyone that doesn't want it the way we cruise can remain with his own tribe and his own crowd, it's not by force that they must Marry IGBOS, BTW are IGBOS so desperate to marry you as you pursue IGBOS left and right?
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Hectroy(m): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2023
I understand your concern which is the monitary demand aspect.
Believe me, Anambra doesn't demand exorbitant bride price. If you are very sincere about it and good with people, even your prospective in-law can make some adjustments if your intention is clear and don't 'Buga'. But first thing is to discuss your plan with your lady so both of you can be on the same page. There's always life after marriage.
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by tunize(m): 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Just pray and hope she’s not from the kind of family that loves money too much.

Editted
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by coachchijioke(m): 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

The way I de see you, that sister fit suffer for your hand.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Eaganguolly(m): 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

You are simply broke. I pity any woman that will agree to marry you. Nobody finds a wife and begin to think about bride price. You are just broke and shouldn't have anything to do with marriage or you marry from your poor tribe
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Evaloyal2J(f): 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2023
4ckyou:
your own is even better, Anambra people bride price no they high like that.
my own babe is from Imo state, mbaise precisely, na wetin they hold me be that I still they gather bride bride price money since last year August.
;Dsince last August
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by yahoodetector: 1:22pm On Mar 22, 2023
You haven't even collected list and you are already whining about bride-price. You want to marry for free!

Oga leave our sister alone and go and marry from Ilorin. We don't want a situation where you and your people will deny her unborn children tomorrow that thy are Igbós and not from your place.

Stick to your tribe! I wish I knew her personally...I would have told her to personally dump you.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by achimendy(m): 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

Get her pregnant and see how dey reduce the bride price and beg you for marriage.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Sleekfingers: 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Get your money up, Mr. "Low-budget guy". Marriage is not for cheapskates.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Sleekfingers: 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

You are not ready yet
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by OmoGomesIlorin: 3:11pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hectroy:
I understand your concern which is the monitary demand aspect.
Believe me, Anambra doesn't demand exorbitant bride price. If you are very sincere about it and good with people, even your prospective in-law can make some adjustments if your intention is clear and don't 'Buga'. But first thing is to discuss your plan with your lady so both of you can be on the same page. There's always life after marriage.

Thanks and God bless, I don't know why people think this a joke.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by OmoGomesIlorin: 3:25pm On Mar 22, 2023
ukaface:

Where are you from?

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by od501: 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

Are you igbo?

Cos Anambra doesn't have high bride price. The only place with a high bride price in the east is Imo State.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Timmi: 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You are judging her without any igbophobic proof from her. There a lot of intertribal marriages between Yorubas and igbos that has worked and are still perfectly working fine . The Adeleke’s are typical example

I believe some of you are implying what the OP did not state. He asked an honest question about pride price and yet you turned it into tribal marriage and rather introduce tribal sentiment into it.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by OmoGomesIlorin: 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2023
od501:

Are you igbo?

Cos Anambra doesn't have high bride price. The only place with a high bride price in the east is Imo State.

From North, I am Nupe
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by efficiencie(m): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

Dude ethnicity and the amount of the bride price means nothing. Is she sexually clean? Is she loyal to you? Is she submissive to you? Is she enterprising? Is she aligned with your long term goals? Is she aligned with your norms and values? If the answer to these questions is "Yes", baba find the money and marry her quickly because she will give you a befitting ROI...but if she an open door that can be accessed by any man, if she is an equality champion, if she is materialistic and only knows how to spend, if she is going east while you are going west...baba run like a mad man she runs you mad oh!

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by Dshocker(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

Editted

Stay away from Igbo girls...

Yoruba and Igbos are not one.
Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by od501: 1:24am On Mar 23, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

From North, I am Nupe

Stop making decisions based on what you hear. Anambra has the lowest bride price in Igboland and beyond.

Like I said, the only place you can experience that in East is Imo State. All other states are cheap. Very cheap.

The thing that will cost you money there are items like yam, bag od rice, etc. Las Las 100k (Based on day things don cost). No dey listen to gossip oo, especially from all these children here on Nairaland.

In fact, go collect list first and see what I mean.

1 Like

Re: I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price by od501: 1:25am On Mar 23, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

From North, I am Nupe

Stop making decisions based on what you hear. Anambra has the lowest bride price in Igboland and beyond.

Like I said, the only place you can experience that in East is Imo State. All other states are cheap. Very cheap.

The thing that will cost you money there are items like yam, bag od rice, etc. Las Las 100k (Based on day things don cost). No dey listen to gossip oo, especially from all these children here on Nairaland.

In fact, go collect list first and see what I mean.
Dshocker:

Stay away from Igbo girls...

Yoruba and Igbos are not one.

Ijiot don drop quote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is IVF The Only Way Out??? (A Must Read) / How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them / Nigerian Woman Curses Ex-Husband (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.