Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria (40317 Views)

Campus Prostitution Not So Bad(reasons) / Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women / Tinder Prostitution: A Tax Free Billion Dollar Industry In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Abyounghammed(m): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2023
GeneralPula:
What exactly is the function of ministry of women affairs?

The ministry of women affairs is suppose to be scrapped as they've failed in everything regarding Nigeria womanhood..

Women don't like each other right from time, that's y they always mislead their jnr ones unlike men, they are also jealous of each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Katcall: 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2023
DissTroy:
embarassed

You obviously didn't school in Nigeria else you'd know the churchy/religious female students are the most promiscuous and pretentious too.

Like having sex with a guy she just met on Facebook and spending the weekend, only to return on Sunday morning to her lodge then head to church to speak in tongues. You might even be in church with her thinking, "Wasn't this the same girl thrashing in my bed for two straight days". Yes, she'd invite you to church after banging her silly. And she'd likely sleep with another guy in the midweek.

Religious girls are the worst. The choristers and 'ministers' especially.
I bleeped one church gal in school after coming from coming from church together

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2023
FiremanX:
All over the world like how? have you travelled all over the world?
This is only peculiar and popular in Africa universities especially Nigeria.

sir, i have indeed travelled AND lived all over the world for the past 30yrs... take my word for it.

nony43:
Please suggest to me any of such website.

the top one is called SEEKINGARRANGEMENT (dot com).... aka seeking...and for example, if you do a search in Miami, you get close to 8000 women looking for sugar daddy (and thats just in Miami) i can bet you that probably a 3rd of these women are students trying to make an extra buck with a rich man.

naturefellow:
stop defending rubbish! The Nigeria case is far worse....
Best in poverty. Best in corruption. Best in election malpractice. Best in sex for grades. Best in hook up.

i am not defending anything, i am just stating a fact.... students selling themselves to the highest bidder happens ALL OVER THE WORLD.
this is the world we live in today where most women want to flaunt luxury goods and fancy exotic vacation destination on social media, while not having their own money to pay for it.... thus getting a sugar daddy is their solution rather than wait decades to possibly never even achieving anything. what you have to understand is that the poorer the country, the more rampant the above issue is. Argentina, Colombia, Brasil, Ukraine, Russia, Bulgaria,Hungary, Latvia, Czech Republic, Thailand, Vietnam etc all these places are on the same level due to their poverty level.... the only difference here is THE PRICE! in Nigeria, these biatches may sell themselves for $30, in Colombia they ask for $70, in Russia it will be $100, while in the US they ask for $300. same students just different prices!

as for you stating that Nigeria is the best in Poverty/corruption/hookups, its obvious that you sir have NEVER travelled the world.

5 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Abyounghammed(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2023
GeneralShepherd:
One of the greatest mysteries I see on nairaland is how people will immediately put blame on individuals (aka the girls) over examining if our society is responsible for this increasing trend.

Over the last 30 years, the cost of studying has sky rocketed , whereas real income adjusted for inflation has fallen. Many of these young girls are from families that can barely make ends meet, hence they resort to prostitution.

Majority of women who are prostitutes are desperate. Overwhelming, it has been studied and proven that poverty drives prostitution

As a wise individual, they should atleast go and learn a skill and seek the favor of god from there, not everyone should be in school, they can get educated as a skill worker if not in school, don't u agree
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by BafanaBafana: 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
Gerrard59:

Tell the men who patronise these girls to stop the patronage. These girls do not fvck themselves.
Shey na when you open shop people go patronize you?
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
Gerrard59:
Like I have preached for donkey months:

Don't forget:

That's why Nigerian men are never successful in the dating market in the West. Attraction can be negotiated. You can't beat it. Western countries are where you can put your sexual market to test as a man. If you're not getting free sex in the West, it means you're not attractive and there is nothing you can do about it. You can use money to buy your way in, but most people are not that rich in the West to afford, and most people earn close enough unless you're a business man or a celebrity with lot of money.

Nigerian men ain't good looking. I'm not good looking too. This is true. But using money to buy sex is a thing in 3rd world country

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2023
naturefellow:
stop defending rubbish! The Nigeria case is far worse....
Best in poverty. Best in corruption. Best in election malpractice. Best in sex for grades. Best in hook up.

No. You're wrong. Nigeria can never top the list In corruption, hookup and all the things you mentioned. If anything, shady deals go on In the West than you can imagine. Nigeria still dey trail. But na we shout and complain the most. That's why you think everything is always about bad in Nigeria
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Sprinklepee: 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2023
Op na real matter, come uniben just go hall 2, your mind go dey.

4 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Rubyjade: 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2023
undecided
Deepthoughts:
definitely not supporting the sex trade practice,but don't think the Arabs are saints,if you had the opportunity of knowing the Muslim community like in northern Nigeria very well,you will know how deceitful those guys are,what they practice is just an organized system of secrecy, it's not for nothing that they always pray that " Allah ya rufe mana asiri"
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by FiremanX: 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

sir, i have indeed travelled AND lived all over the world for the past 30yrs... take my word for it.

the top one is called SEEKINGARRANGEMENT (dot com).... aka seeking...and for example, if you do a search in Miami, you get close to 8000 women looking for sugar daddy (and thats just in Miami) i can bet you that probably a 3rd of these women are students trying to make an extra buck with a rich man.

i am not defending anything, i am just stating a fact.... students selling themselves to the highest bidder happens ALL OVER THE WORLD.
this is the world we live in today where most women want to flaunt luxury goods and fancy exotic vacation destination on social media, while not having their own money to pay for it.... thus getting a sugar daddy is their solution rather than wait decades to possibly never even achieving anything. what you have to understand is that the poorer the country, the more rampant the above issue is. Argentina, Colombia, Brasil, Ukraine, Russia, Bulgaria,Hungary, Latvia, Czech Republic, Thailand, Vietnam etc all these places are on the same level due to their poverty level.... the only difference here is THE PRICE! in Nigeria, these biatches may sell themselves for $30, in Colombia they ask for $70, in Russia it will be $100, while in the US they ask for $300. same students just different prices!

as for you stating that Nigeria is the best in Poverty/corruption/hookups, its obvious that you sir have NEVER travelled the world.

Those aren't students, you haven't left Nigeria before and you are here typing trash, nawa for una.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

As for you stating that Nigeria is the best in Poverty/corruption/hookups, its obvious that you sir have NEVER travelled the world.
ignorant of you to assume that exposure is only gained from globetrotting.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2023
FiremanX:
Those aren't students, you haven't left Nigeria before and you are here typing trash, nawa for una.
ok sir, whatever makes you happy...

naturefellow:
ignorant of you to assume that exposure is only gained from globetrotting.

i never said that...i instead said that experience on the subject would come from travelling the world, in order to have an idea of whats happening on the other side of the world.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Jemex003: 4:04pm On Mar 22, 2023
Mercury12:
Nothing can be done about it. The society is messed up. We should thank God some of our girls still get the fear of God. It is not as bad as those in western countries

I guess you many of them in your family cuz western countries are not worse like Benin girl talk less of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Brownshoe: 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2023
byteem:

Na dem do passs
They should go research about the trade, it actually started in Arab settlement.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

ok sir, whatever makes you happy...
i never said that... i instead said that experience on the subject would come from travelling the world, in order to have an idea of what's happening on the other side of the world.
there are many other ways of travelling the world, other than literally travelling the world, you know?
Be open-minded!
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Brownshoe: 4:14pm On Mar 22, 2023
For guys here your wives or girlfriends has indulge in this trade at a particular time in their lives,

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2023
naturefellow:
there are many other ways of travelling the world, other than literally travelling the world, you know. Be open-minded!

if someone tells me that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world, then its obvious this person doesnt know what they are talking about (and has never left Nigeria)... have you been to Venezuela before? Mexico? Libya? Colombia? Somalia? these are the countries where corruption is more rampant than Nigeria but also is in the open, with no care in the world... yet there is probably much more corruption in France, US, UK etc but their corruption is UNDERCOVER...but it is the exact same corruption!
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by mmsen: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

By your logic, majority of Nigerians should not have children. Again the nairaland philosophy, do not question the society that has buried majority of her citizens in poverty, blame the impoverished citizens for having children

It's a revolving door of stupidity.

The people are abused because they are easy to abuse because no matter what happens they keep adding to their number.

They are at least partly culpable for the current status quo, don't sit there and act as if they aren't. At least those who have had children.

At some point Africans will need to look at some of their foolish practices and remove those that make them so exploitable and so easy to abuse. In the meantime it will be more of the same. This isn't a new problem, it has been happening for several hundred years at this point if we include the period in which Africans were sold overseas as chattel.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Rubyjade: 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2023
shocked
Sprinklepee:
Op na real matter, come uniben just go hall 2, your mind go dey.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by nony43(m): 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

Most Romanians in my city are Olosho and their men are into drugs.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2023
Rubyjade:
Do they do this in Arabic countries?

Read about Haraj and 4sale apps. And see how they sell toto with the owner. That is alive o, then come back , Ask again.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by rezy15(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2023
QuinModah:

https://www.nairaland.com/1839798/campus-prostitution-growing-concern-nigeria
Na makurdi person write this piece. Nothing weh you go tell me

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by millstone(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2023
Rubyjade:
Most Nigerian girls have turned social media apps designed for connecting with new people and staying in touch friends, family and acquaintances to a hub for digital prostitution.

When Zuckerberg designed Facebook or when Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger built Instagram from a co-working space in San Francisco, when Sean Rad invented Tinder or when the trio of Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown created Snapchat, they probably didn’t envisage that their apps would become platforms for prostitutes to advertise their goods and services in Nigeria.

People who return to Nigeria for holidays are often shocked when they discover that they can’t get dates or meet decent people to start friendships with on Nigerian Tinder. A huge percentage of the girls you’d see there are for “strictly hookups or massage with happy ending” as some boldly indicate on their bio’s. It’s really embarrassing!

According to them, when you meet a girl/guy on Tinder overseas, it’s never for sex, it can lead to sex but you’re very sure you matched with a person with a job/profession who genuinely wants to meet new people, make new friends or go out on dates. There are different apps/websites strictly for meeting with prostitutes.

According to research by Britannica, sex has always been one of the few pleasures of the poor and oppressed. Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Do the math! While sex is part of normal human behavior, prostitution on the other hand is frowned on morally and legally in Nigeria and has now evolved from the road side and brothels to social media apps.
An unofficial survey revealed that the Transportation Network Industry in Lagos and Abuja (Uber and Taxify) generates 80% of it revenue from 8pm to 6am (with numerous instances where these females offer sex acts to drivers as payment for their ride fares #sexforrides).

It is left up to you to determine whether you support their lifestyle and professional choices or not. What should be a cause for concern is that the money these girls make from digital prostitution is tax-free. Our government is broke! Looking for loans here and there while we have millions of young females raking in an average of 200,000 Naira on a monthly basis tax free (using Lagos State and Abuja as our reference points) with an average income of 20,000 Naira per night.
Bro I made a thread on the disturbing rise of tinder for sex sometime ago. Nigeria case is one that amuses me, okay you're buried in debt and yet prostitution is generating billions of naira monthly where your elite, middle class and poor pay for it and you're not taxing them? Legalise it jare, yes it has become a social vice but it is a trade old as man and even some developed countries have moved to legalise it. America that legalized cannabis did not do that to please smokers, no. they did it cause they see revenue in it and they do. Nigeria politicians dull sha

4 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by ajakuai(m): 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2023
So far the girls are not my sisters or daughters, they are good to go!

Please mind your business, leave these our campus joy givers to alone. You can explore all sorts of sex adventure with a young campus babe, unlike with your wife or regular fiancee.

Campus babes charge you less than what a regular stationed prostitutions can charge you.

The every day night experience on campus is a waw!
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by millstone(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2023
Gerrard59:
Like I have preached for donkey months:

Don't forget:

Your comment should be framed man. If you even go way back in the Bible Genesis 38 Judah trades his staff to have sex with his daughter-in-law who disguised as a prostitute. The sex industry will always be one of if not the richest in the world. Legalising this will bring revenue for the state but no, they wouldn't dare

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

if someone tells me that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world, then its obvious this person doesnt know what they are talking about (and has never left Nigeria)... have you been to Venezuela before? Mexico? Libya? Colombia? Somalia? these are the countries where corruption is more rampant than Nigeria but also is in the open, with no care in the world... yet there is probably much more corruption in France, US, UK etc but their corruption is UNDERCOVER...but it is the exact same corruption!
I didn't need to visit Venezuela to know it is corrupt Nigeria-style, even worse. I knew this exactly 3 years ago.

Have you been to Venezuela, for corruption-tourism? Did you have to visit to assess the corruption index, just like you'd tour Dubai for a vacay?
How did you know it is as corrupt as NG - actively, or passively?

UK, US, France scenario isn't directly comparable to that of the Global South, on account of strong institutions. This reduces the scale of corruption. In the Global South (less offensive term for Third World nations), organised corruption, like crime, is experienced, because an individual or set of individuals corrupt institutions making them weak. See your INEC, for instance.

It's been great having a conversation with you in a civil way/w/out the typical invectives and ad hominem witnessed on here.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Iykenuwa(m): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2023
Rubyjade:
Do they do this in Arabic countries?

This is like asking if there is sexual immorality in Northern Nigeria.

The answer is an emphatic YES.

4 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2023
naturefellow:
I didn't need to visit Venezuela to know it is corrupt Nigeria-style, even worse. I knew this exactly 3 years ago.
Have you been to Venezuela, for corruption-tourism? Did you have to visit to assess the corruption index, just like you'd tour Dubai for a vacay?
How did you know it is as corrupt as NG - actively, or passively?

going to a country and experiencing its corruption level on a day to day basis, will quickly make you realize whether it is better or worse than any other corrupt country that you have previously visited.

UK, US, France scenario isn't directly comparable to that of the Global South, on account of strong institutions. This reduces the scale of corruption. In the Global South (less offensive term for Third World nations), organised corruption, like crime, is experienced, because an individual or set of individuals corrupt institutions making them weak. See your INEC, for instance.

i fully disagree... in France the corruption is on a MUCH BIGGER SCALE. their corruption is keeping some poor African country in their dire state. for example, educate yourself on the French group called Bolloré and its just concluded decade old corruption case where they had to pay a 12M fine, but then again made Billions from Togo's port. have you read the Panama/Pandora Papers and what the Credit Lyonnais (one of france biggest bank) was knowingly doing, which was against the law? do you know that one of the most famous/decorated French cop was involved with one of the biggest drug trafficking gang and helped them import 100s of tons of illegal drugs to France? do you know that ex French president Sarkozy was convicted of corruption and sentenced to 1yr in jail (the same Sarkozy that was taking money under the table from Gaddafi)? didnt you see how Fifa was rottenly corrupted to its chore? why do you think Carlos Ghosn (the boss of Renault/Nissan at the time) ran away from criminal charges in Japan, like a thief in the night?

you may believe that corruption is only rampant in Nigeria, but i beg to differ....

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by SPAMBOX7: 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2023
QuinModah:
Parenting these days ehn! I weep. In Benin, they have association of yahoo boys mothers and they all drive Highlander
Shey you dey whine me ni grin
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Adakintroy: 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2023
Why always the girls. Una De fear to address the men. It takes two to Bleep up. Who are the invisible men backing this girl. Who are the girls slutting to or for. The men are not standing straight themselves. It why its hard to rebuke the women. All the nonsense drink smoke and shake yansh music men go sing. Na Tiwa savage own every body go see. Na wan Una power.reach

Always Adamic language.." The woman you gave made me.."

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lawyer Proposes To His Lawyer Girlfriend On Their Way To Dinner Night In Abuja / 10 Attitudes Guys Display Online When They Have No Girlfriends / This Is The Mentality Every Broke Guy Should Have!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.