Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead (13278 Views)

Obasanjo Visit President Buhari Again In Aso Rock (pics) / Boko Haram: Obasanjo’s Visit And Its Implications / Boko Haram: Obasanjo's Visit To Prevent Attack On Ota Farm - It's A Lie - Obj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by searay(m): 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2011
Sometimes I do wonder if this site was establish for fools, but certainly not. Why can't we think of what we can do for our country in a time like this, and stop posting trash here. If the president doestn't know what to do why can't any of the ''trash talking nairalander'' propose a solution and sent it to the presidency. The Nigeria project suppose to be our collective effort no matter who you are or what. But I'm glad Boko rams are just like mosquitoes, the can bite anybody who is available no matter how highly or 'lowly' placed they are. Watch your back as you are expressing your foolishness.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by meine: 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2011
Those of you blaming OBJ for visiting Boko Harams are not conversant with international practice

OBJ as an ex president has the right to intervene on domestic affairs whether he gets a direct or indirect instruction from GEJ to do so, its not as if GEJ has expressly issue an order that no one must talk to them.

OBJ would have truly erred if he unilaterally acted in thesame way on the international scene, meddling in the foreign affairs of the country,

Clinton, Bush etc still do so many things on Obama's request.

Either way this visit has a good side to it because without mincing words we have finally realized how dangerous and determined our enemy is.

OBJ is on point IMO.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by savanto: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2011
The Boko Harams are killing fellow Boko Harams this time and not just BH vs Muslims. Shouldn't we rather have them secede and call them Muslimabad?
So we can now have New Nigeria and[b] Muslimabad[/b] occupying the North. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Limaoscar: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2011
The death member might have reveal some vital secrets to OBJ,which may lead o his death by his member.

Wake up dude and stop writing in Boko Haram , high School kids are reading this you know wink
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by nasoeb: 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2011
@ limaoscar

abeg help me wake am up
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
Ramcie:

Now dis is getting out of hand. am beginning to suspect that the acclaimed Boko Haram  that 'Yusuf' headed is different from those in operation now thatz why they decided to kill Babakura in order to shut Yusuf's family up.
 I weep for 9ja.
exactly!
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by stiyke(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2011
the question is who killed him and y. if its boko haram, then there might be infighting within themselves, cause many of them may still be loyal to late yusuf. if its the gov then we can say the balls are now grown and teeth can finally bite. lets c.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by stagger: 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2011
The sooner this OBJ man is told that he cannot be unilaterally acting as though he owns Nigeria, the better.

Who authorized him to go visiting those people? Does he understand the meaning of the phrase "conferring legitimacy"? Do you negotiate with terrorists or you eliminate them?
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by johnblaze1: 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2011
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by nasoeb: 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2011
@stiyke

i dont think its Government.

Its obvious that if he had collected that 100 Million, he would have asked his loyalist to back out which will cause misunderstanding within the groups as they obviously have dual purpose , 1. Wrongly believed that they were revenging Yosuf's death and 2. making Nigeria Ungovernable which is the present objective of the boko haram.

This is what the Political boko haram foresaw and had to kill him of so as not to derail their plans
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by kulutempa: 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2011
Pukkah:

The culture of begging and pleading has been gradually but steadily entrenched in Nigeria. It's part of our inept system for it's quicker to beg, sometimes calling God's name, and pleading with the victim to forget and move on. The forgiveness happens, even if it's reluctantly, without probing into the immediate and remote causes of the problem in the first place.

It even happens in our personal lives: a bus driver driving dangerously hits a car and all the bus passengers alight to start begging the car driver/owner, telling him that he should leave it for God. If he refuses, they start calling him names and may even beat him up. The bus passengers do not bother to let the law take its course because they want to get to their destinations on time. There's no investigation as to why the accident happened and what can be done by the system to prevent a recurrence. And so, sadly, the cycle of 'accidents' continues.

I guess it's this culture, which has become pervasive, that defined the mindset of those who praised Mr Obasanjo's visit to Yusuf's family. As usual, they wanted the crisis to be over 'sharp sharp'.

Now, the failings of that 'kia kia' approach are beginning to manifest.

As a country, we need to roll up our sleeves and courageously tackle our problems without despising the painstaking approach. We must be fair and firm and stop telling the obstinate 'car driver' that he's the bad man. We must let the aggrieved vent their grievances and permit the law to take its course. We must focus on the cause and not the effects and stop sweeping issues under the carpet for the sake of brief peace or temporary relief. These are the building blocks of a good and just society.

Do we all think that Niger Delta amnesty has REALLY worked because of the 'brief' respite? Have the grievances which led to the Niger Delta agitation in the first place been addressed? Yes or No?

@Pukkah, I have seldom read truer words about the Nigerian mindset.  You have captured the essence of why we are forever going round in circles, because it's like we want to build a castle without a foundation.   However I personally see nothing wrong in Obasanjo's visit to the Yusuf family, because it at least shows some concern by the powers that be for one of the grievances of the Boko Haram movement, which is the cold blooded murder of their leader.  But that in itself means nothing if the government continues to allow social deprivation to fester in the North and millions of able bodied young men and women to wallow in grinding poverty, unemployment and squalor without any hope for the future.   Should this continue even if Boko Haram of the present are bought off, begged  and pacified, there will be other movements in the future who will note that one of  surest ways to obtain concessions from the government is through the use of force.  That is where I am in total agreement with you, about our leaders' 'kabu kabu' approach to national problems, and our love  for  short cuts, and quick money.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Omooba77: 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2011
I weep for Nigeria because the post of some of us shows our level of reasoning is so low. It was Sahara Reporters that made so much noise about interviewing the family member of Yusuf Mohammed visited by OBJ. What other group member thought is that this man will review their secrets.So they eliminated him. Please blame SR and co that exposed the man to his death.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by tpia5: 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2011
hmm.

these people no dey fear at all.

they must have drug connections in addition to the other stuff they're doing.

lord have mercy.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Jybz: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2011
Get Me Jack Bauer, lol grin
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Richtalk: 9:31pm On Sep 17, 2011
Omooba77:

I weep for Nigeria because the post of some of us shows our level of reasoning is so low. It was Sahara Reporters that made so much noise about interviewing the family member of Yusuf Mohammed visited by OBJ. What other group member thought is that this man will review their secrets.So they eliminated him. Please blame SR and co that exposed the man to his death.

I think so too.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by ojdollars(m): 9:33pm On Sep 17, 2011
Someone here has said it all. They Personally killed this man and want to make people see Nigerian Govt as bad as they can. This BokoHaram are Political That are just roaming about and looking for whom to kill and destroy, all to DESTROY Jonathan's Govt. And what OBJ did was to show the world that we first negotiated with them for 1 Nigeria, but the peace talk failed. Na what I did at ODI in Niger Delta would happen in all the North Again. Don;t be surprise, federal govt might start eliminating some top elite now, that's wy snippers are trained. Well, it's going to be tough now, as Jonathan and OBJ will take off sentiment and political relationship off for the now with this crook who perpertrate all this evil and deal with them now. It's time for the best soldiers in Africa to take this battle to their door step. Please, advice all southerners, westerners, easterners to leave the North ooh. Cos na killing killing for this boys. 1CENT ADDED
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Finecat(m): 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2011
Can we send OBJ to visit more Boko Haram members??
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by stiyke(m): 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2011
@nasoeb
you never can tell. btw assuming u r right then yusuf sympathisers within the group wont like it. they might splinter.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by mekaboy(m): 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2011

IF YOU ASK ME, I WILL SAY THAT WAS A FOOLISH STEP OBASANJO TOOK, GOING TO BEG PEOPLE WHO HAVE KILLED INNOCENT NIGERIANS TO FORGIVE? IS HE SAYING THEY DID RIGHT BY KILLING INNOCENT NIGERIANS ? SO HE IS GOING TO BEG THE PEOPLE THAT KILLED MEMBERS OF FAMILIES OF THE UN BUILDING STAFF TO FORGIVE?

NIGERIAN GOVT IS SO CORRUPT THAT , EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW THE TRUTH THEY CHOOSE TO IGNORE IT. IF THE WANT TO GET TO THE ROOT OF THIS BOKO HARAM STUFF ITS SIMPLE.

1, THE POLICE MAN THAT KILLED THE LEADER OF THE GANG AFTER HE WAS CAUGHT ALIVE AND LIED THAT HE DIED IN GUN BATTLE WILL THE POLICE SHOULD BE FORCED TO CONFESS WHO PAID HIM TO KILL THE LEADER.

2, THOSE THAT PAID HIM TO KILL THE LEADER ARE THE ONES FUNDING BOKOHARAM , SO IF THEY ARE CAUGHT WE CAN START TO END IT FROM THERE.

ALL WE CAN DO IS WATCH AND PRAY,

Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2011
What is the correlation between Obj's visit and the guys death.

BH kill people with wanton impunity but would declare WW3 if one of theirs is eliminated.

Not to talk of their brazen untenable demands
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Pukkah: 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2011
@kulutempa, you're right. It's the 'kabu kabu' approach to germane national issues that is so annoying. This approach is what is killing Nigeria but it benefits the thieving elite.

Would we have had this Boko Haram debacle if our youths were employed? Would the kidnapping of expatriates in the Niger Delta have started if the region had been developed instead of ravaging it? What happened to Saro Wiwa?

Whether OBJ's approach on Boko Haram succeeds or not, we face the ominous prospect of hosting many more aggrieved groups who would use violence as their bargaining tool. This will happen unless our leaders stop being selfish and focus on all-round development of Nigeria so that the reasons for agitation, which are becoming more by the day, are addressed in the first place.

It is Boko Haram today but we don't know what this mindless looting and criminal abandonment of the Nigerian people will sire tomorrow.

It is as certain as the night follows the day, you can't continue to cheat a group of people and expect all of them to be at ease.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by vitality22(m): 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2011
Oh my God! why are these Bokites so blood thirsty?
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by adamabdul: 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2011
This guy wasnt a member of boko haram.He is a secondary teacher here in maiduguri.He did not negotiate anything boko haram with OBJ.He only negotiated the compensation a court asked that they should be paid for extra judicial kiling of his father(ba fugu who is muhd yusufs in law).Blame the media for his death coz they reported that he was negotiating for boko haram
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by aloyemeka1: 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2011
[size=14pt]Final Words Before His Death: Babakura Alhaji Fugu Speaks To Sahara Reporters About Meeting Obasanjo[/size]
Posted: September 17, 2011 - 20:27

Babakura Alhaji Fugu- Photo Credit: The Sun

Today SaharaReporters was able to capture some last words from Babakura Alhaji Fugu, the son of late Alhaji Baba Fuggu, the father-in-law to Mohammed Yussuf, the slain Boko Haram leader.

While Fugu was being pre-interviewed before appearing on our weekly online TV show, SaharaTV, he mentioned that “the history of Boko Haram in Nigeria began during the “movement for Shari’ah law across the country”.

On Thursday September 15th, Fugu met with former Nigerian President Oluṣẹgun Obasanjo to discuss the controversial death of Mohammed Yusuf, the late leader of Boko Haram.

Fugu informed SaharaReporters that he “had never met Obasanjo before then. He came with his own cameramen and I didn’t get any pictures,” said Fugu when asked if he were able to provide Sahara Reporters with any video or photos of the meeting with Obasanjo.

According to Fugu, Obasanjo was linked to Fugu family through Shehu Sanni, a human rights activist based in Kaduna.

Asked if he had any previous relationship with the former president, he said, “The Obasanjo regime and Boko Haram is a long story”…

Fugu wouldn’t realize that these words would be amongst his final words spoken. He was shot by an unknown gunmen before making a scheduled appearance on SaharaTV, where he planned to reveal details of his meeting with president Obasanjo.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/final-words-his-death-babakura-alhaji-fugu-speaks-sahara-reporters-about-meeting-obasanjo
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2011
adamabdul:

This guy wasnt a member of boko haram.He is a secondary teacher here in maiduguri.He did not negotiate anything boko haram with OBJ.He only negotiated the compensation a court asked that they should be paid for extra judicial kiling of his father(ba fugu who is muhd yusufs in law).Blame the media for his death coz they reported that he was negotiating for boko haram
Did the media kill him
Or is the North afraid to face his own brain child BH?
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by EvilBrain1(m): 10:35pm On Sep 17, 2011
I don't know why everybody is so surprised about what happened. Boko Haram are clearly not a monolithic group. The people who are rigging sophisticated bombs have little in common with Mohammed Yusuf's original followers who thought the sun moves round the earth. Clearly some Boko Haram members are more "sharia" than others and feel that consorting with infidels like OBJ is a capital offence. Also, just because he was related to their former leaders doen't mean Mr. Fugu was a mainstream Boko Haram member, maybe they took exception to him negotiating on their behalf.

And then of course there's the fact that the he was negotiating to settle the beef between the group and the FG over the extrajudicial murder of their people. Boko Haram has nothing to gain from this since they need the widespread anger in the community over the massacre to recruit members and operate freely. If I was a Boko Haram leader, I would be celebrating his death right now.massacre to recruit members and operate freely. If I was a Boko Haram leader, I would be celebrating his death right now.widespread anger in the community over the massacre to recruit members and operate freely. If I was a Boko Haram leader, I would be celebrating his death right now.judicial murder of their people. Boko Haram has nothing to gain from this since they need the widespread anger in the community over the massacre to recruit members and operate freely. If I was a Boko Haram leader, I would be celebrating his death right now.am Boko Haram member, maybe they took exception to him negotiating on their behalf.

And then of course there's the fact that the he was negotiating to settle the beef between the group and the FG over the extrajudicial murder of their people. Boko Haram has nothing to gain from this since they need the widespread anger in the community over the massacre to recruit members and operate freely. If I was a Boko Haram leader, I would be celebrating his death right now.massacre to recruit members and operate freely. If I was a Boko Haram leader, I would be celebrating his death right now.widespread anger in the community over the massacre to recruit members and operate freely. If I was a Boko Haram leader, I would be celebrating his death right now.judicial murder of their people. Boko Haram has nothing to gain from this since they need the widespread anger in the community over the massacre to recruit members and operate freely. If I was a Boko Haram leader, I would be celebrating his death right now.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Beaf: 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2011
searay:

Sometimes I do wonder if this site was establish for fools, but certainly not. Why can't we think of what we can do for our country in a time like this, and stop posting trash here. If the president doestn't know what to do why can't any of the ''trash talking nairalander'' propose a solution and sent it to the presidency. The Nigeria project suppose to be our collective effort no matter who you are or what. But I'm glad Boko rams are just like mosquitoes, the can bite anybody who is available no matter how highly or 'lowly' placed they are. Watch your back as you are expressing your foolishness.

I wonder.
It is part of a deep rooted rot in society, we have been so pulverised by life's wicked blows that many of us have forgotten how to be civilised and imagine that being loud and rude cuts them out as wise and intelligent, when the opposite is the reality.
Many times one comes on NL, only to wonder in despair if our average IQ has been hurt by years of brutal repression and the brazen wickedness of past govts. Its really saddening.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by omenala(m): 10:39pm On Sep 17, 2011
Am suprised you guys haven't figured this out yet, bokoharam is simply sending out a clear message, that is 'WE DONT WANT PEACE!'.

There are no factions, they are simply on a jihad mission where there is no turning back, any talk of peace warrants death!

The same thing applies to all bokoharam members and northern muslims.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Johndoe100(m): 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2011
Can't they help us shoot the people at sahara reporters?
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Beaf: 10:43pm On Sep 17, 2011
The slaying of Baba Fugu establishes beyond doubt that boko haram is not a single entity. The reason for the killing could be because they feared Baba Fugu knew too much and was talking with govt, or because they mean to send an unmistakable message that their position is non-negotiable. If its the latter, then waht can be stronger than a message written in blood? On the other hand, if they feared Baba Fugu was about to quack like a duck, then govt is much closer to the boko haram capones than they realise.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by okadaman2: 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2011
adamabdul:

Dude don't blame the media Abeg, we were here yesterday when some folks where jumping up and down praising OBJ and suggesting and claiming he had the backing of GEJ and FBI.

According to Babakura himself, OBJ went to his house with cameras to record the visit. So what media exposure are you claiming?

The pictures of OBJ in his agbada posing like Jack Bauer was released too. Did Sahara reporters take that picture? leave media out of this.

The media is doing their job by reporting what our leaders are doing in our name, let those we voted in do theirs too.

They wanted to fight an ideological battle with the usual Nigerian way, let's see where this will lead us to.  undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by emmatok(m): 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2011
This Yusuf family has bougth into the deal presented to them by the master planner Obj and the family is about calling an all Yusuf faithful to lay down arms and embrace peace immediately the govt. Settles them because if u like it or not that Yusuf guy killing with out fair hearing is contrary to the law of the land and these useless boko haram jst cashed in on it and now the family wish ther wants the outside world to beleive ther are figthing for is about calling for a peace meeting and these politicians did not want it.or is about calling for a peace meeting and these politicians did not want it.

Some of you folk are not looking at the bigger picture.

BOKO HARAM is IBB personal weapon against GEJ, and OBJ knows that.

Because OBJ killed IBB's ambition.

We all know why and how Yusuf was killed, because he turned against his sponsors.

You should also know that OBJ's visit is not without President GEJ's approval.

Their aim is to use the Yusuf camp of BOKO HARAM against IBB sponsored BOKO HARAM.

And with the killing of Babakura:

The WAR between  the BOKO HARAMs  just started.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves / Judge Disagrees With Probe Panel Over Aregbesola’s Response / Sit-At-Home: IPOB Warns Police Commissioners In Igboland Against Interference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.