Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead (13279 Views)

Obasanjo Visit President Buhari Again In Aso Rock (pics) / Boko Haram: Obasanjo’s Visit And Its Implications / Boko Haram: Obasanjo's Visit To Prevent Attack On Ota Farm - It's A Lie - Obj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by okadaman2: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2011
Johndoe100:

Can't they help us shoot the people at sahara reporters?

Why do you want Omoyele Sowore Killed?

Tell me his offence.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Omooba77: 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2011
Who is paying Sowore to destroy his own country? Why is he anti Nigeria? When corpers were killed early this year,he did not report it,he was busy clamouring for CPC,even when it was clear they lost. Now he is now heating up Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by ljila(f): 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2011
kulutempa:

@Pukkah, I have seldom read truer words about the Nigerian mindset.  You have captured the essence of why we are forever going round in circles, because it's like we want to build a castle without a foundation.   However I personally see nothing wrong in Obasanjo's visit to the Yusuf family, because it at least shows some concern by the powers that be for one of the grievances of the Boko Haram movement, which is the cold blooded murder of their leader.  But that in itself means nothing if the government continues to allow social deprivation to fester in the North and millions of able bodied young men and women to wallow in grinding poverty, unemployment and squalor without any hope for the future.   Should this continue even if Boko Haram of the present are bought off, begged  and pacified, there will be other movements in the future who will note that one of  surest ways to obtain concessions from the government is through the use of force.  That is where I am in total agreement with you, about our leaders' 'kabu kabu' approach to national problems, and our love  for  short cuts, and quick money.
I am not playing down anybody's death as i believe that life is sacred,but their leader was behind the cold blooded murder of 100s - 1000s of people in Maiduguri and other areas. They held Maiduguri under siege for 4 days in 2009, killing, maiming and burning from Sunday night to Thursday before their leader was captured.  Gunshots were the other of the day. A pastor was butchered like meat in the presence of their leader. Don't even get me started about the horriffic pain they instilled on people before before killing them  cry. All that was in 2009. There's not enough time and honestly, i cbb to list the atrocities they've committed in subsequent years.

What did the UN do to their leader, that warrants the bombing of its building, killng loads? What have varsity students done to them to deserve the fear they've instill in them due to bombing threats and all that?
So if they are trying to avenge the death of their leader, who's gonna avenge the deaths of the people they murdered?  cry
Forgive me if my sympathy gauge towards them is on an all time low  angry

I agree with your other points sha. Its so sad that people have to resort to doing illegal stuff to get the attention of the government  sad
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2011
Obinoscopy:

Its high time we strengthened our security system. There should be cameras on the streets and every Nigerian should be registered and should have a social security number.Its high time we strengthened our security system. There should be cameras on the streets and every Nigerian should be registered and should have a social security number.

^^^ Don't think the security camera thing would work. They'll just send their kids out in the night with catapault to take them out one by one undecided.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Pukkah: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2011
@Beaf, the issue of decorum which you raised is very pertinent. It is another worrisome trend that the so-called educated Nigerians cannot hold a conversation without resorting to insults and abuse. Instead of addressing the issues raised, regardless of the point of view of the other person, they pounce on him and start to call him names.

Whatever the opinion of the other man is, it is better to address the issues he's raising or addressing instead of shifting the argument to his person.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by okadaman2: 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2011
Evil brain said;
Also, just because he was related to their former leaders doen't mean Mr. Fugu was a mainstream Boko Haram member, maybe they took exception to him negotiating on their behalf.

You know this because you are using your brain correctly. well done.

But the idiots that killed the man's father probably did not use their brain before acting.

Those who suggested that a visit to Babakura mean't they have sensible access to Boko Haram apparently did not use their brain.

Let's see who they will visit and beg next.  undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by koruji(m): 11:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
Abeg commot make I see front. Blame NL for the govt's ineptitude. Wonders shall never end!!!!!!

GEJ obviously sent OBJ on a mission after their Council of State "security" meeting. It is as if GEJ lives in another planet where he & his advisers have a "special" solution to Nigeria's situation. There is only one problem. These solutions are always self-serving, not well thoughtout, and often aggravates the problem. That was the case here, with you & the rest of the mouth-pieces jumping the gun just yesterday to praise the move and stamping GEJ's approval on it. What do you have to say now? Blame NLers, who sitting in front of a computer, can see the foolishness of this move and said so.

As I stated on hearing this news of OBJ's latest "adventure", it is simply unbelievable. GEJ obviously doesn't have an understanding of the enemy he faces, and is groping in the dark for solutions.

For the upteenth time, these people have decided they want out of the federation. They actually want to be "cut loose in the desert" as was often mentioned here before the elections Let them set up their Taliban State so that the world would be clear which country would be bombed to submission a few years hence.

Beaf:

I wonder.
It is part of a deep rooted rot in society, we have been so pulverised by life's wicked blows that many of us have forgotten how to be civilised and imagine that being loud and rude cuts them out as wise and intelligent, when the opposite is the reality.
Many times one comes on NL, only to wonder in despair if our average IQ has been hurt by years of brutal repression and the brazen wickedness of past govts. Its really saddening.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by koruji(m): 11:09pm On Sep 17, 2011
Let's just keep finding a strawman problem and beating it to death.

The reality is this is a faceless forum (although quite a few people have connected physically through it). The nature of this kind of fora is "race-to-the-bottomness". So keeping fighting strawman issues and looking for decorum on a forum, while bad leaders with clueless policies strangle your nation to death.

That decorum would certainly be useful for Nigeria in its grave!!!!!!!!!!!

Pukkah:

@Beaf, the issue of decorum which you raised is very pertinent. It is another worrisome trend that the so-called educated Nigerians cannot hold a conversation without resorting to insults and abuse. Instead of addressing the issues raised, regardless of the point of view of the other person, they pounce on him and start to call him names.

Whatever the opinion of the other man is, it is better to address the issues he's raising or addressing instead of shifting the argument to his person.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by koruji(m): 11:14pm On Sep 17, 2011
Thank you for the bolded. When a nations policy caucus are filed with 70 year-old brains designed in the colonial era, assisted by syncophant brains bred on corruption this is what you have for a nation.

A govt. that is sitting on a war-head but keeps pursuing a self-serving agenda is going to take us all down with its incompetence.

okada_man:

Evil brain said;
You know this because you are using your brain correctly. well done.

But the idiots that killed the man's father probably did not use their brain before acting.

Those who suggested that a visit to Babakura mean't they have sensible access to Boko Haram [size=14pt]apparently did not use their brain[/size].

Let's see who they will visit and beg next.  undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by auwal87(m): 11:20pm On Sep 17, 2011
They use to still under-estimate the intelligence of "BOHAQIM" (I mean Boko Haram / Al Qaeda in Maghreb) grin
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by okunboy: 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2011
Obj visited wrong person. The man he should visit is in the desert. Yusuff former deputy.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Beaf: 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2011
@Koruji

Guy, so you can't even read a post and understand it before replying it off tangent several times? You're usually a sharp guy na. Abi na di sepe from todays gbadun? Lol! Abeg give me small!
Please read what I posted again, cos your responses are not connected to it in any way.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by okadaman2: 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2011
auwal87:

They use to still under-estimate the intelligence of "BOHAQIM" (I mean Boko Haram / Al Qaeda in Maghreb)  grin

They simply don't care. When Nigeria explodes on our heads these same people will be the first set to fly out to safety in their private and rented jets.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Beaf: 11:29pm On Sep 17, 2011
koruji:

Thank you for the bolded. When a nations policy caucus are filed with 70 year-old brains designed in the colonial era, assited by syncophant brains bred on corruption this is what you have for a nation.

A govt. that is sitting on war-head but keeps pursuing a self-serving agenda is going to take us all down with its incompetence.

We've heard similar words a million times. Its always the same screaming without even a hint of a solution, so lets take this in a practical direction and hear what practical things the govt could do to, in your own words, cut boko haram loose into the desert?

How do you propose this be done?
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 18, 2011
[b][/b][color=Black][/color] BH, what else do u want?
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by koruji(m): 1:22am On Sep 18, 2011
Are u asking me?

Is that because I refrained from mentioning that this was your mantra before the elections.

It is either you are trying to be clever or have actually forgotten, but I remembered cautioning you that statements like "cut them loose in the desert" are unlikely to be forgotten quickly by those being addressed.

Now that those concerned are calling the bluff of the FG, surely the approach you guys had in mind for doing this should suffice.

Beaf:

We've heard similar words a million times. Its always the same screaming without even a hint of a solution, so lets take this in a practical direction and hear what practical things the govt could do to, in your own words, cut boko haram loose into the desert?

How do you propose this be done?
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Beaf: 1:35am On Sep 18, 2011
koruji:

Are u asking me?

Is that because I refrained from mentioning that this was your mantra before the elections.

It is either you are trying to be clever or have actually forgotten, but I remembered cautioning you that statements like "cut them loose in the desert" are unlikely to be forgotten quickly by those being addressed.

Now that those concerned are calling the bluff of the FG, surely the approach you guys had in mind for doing this should suffice.

Bruv, I will defend "the mantra" if I'm asked to, however thats not the case now. I'm simply trying to find out if you have a suggestion for the crushing of boko haram. I would imagine that anyone shouting down the rooftops will. Wouldn't you?

Please tell us how to finish off boko haram, and don't let "the mantra" or the NL penchant for screaming get in the way of your answer. Thank you.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by koruji(m): 2:46am On Sep 18, 2011
The problem has gone beyond internet suggestions. We are way past Nigeria as a single nation. Given that elements of the armed forces seem to be participating in this mess the solution would involve what I have called a coup-against-own government. It sounds crazy, but perhaps by 2015 it would become obvious that this is what needs to happen - if things had not escalated beyond that approach by then.

GEJ needs to basically think ahead of these groups, figure out what their end game is, and act based on that. He cannot afford to be following their script - right now they are writing the script and leading his government by the nose to fulfill it.

Beaf:

Bruv, I will defend "the mantra" if I'm asked to, however thats not the case now. I'm simply trying to find out if you have a suggestion for the crushing of boko haram. I would imagine that anyone shouting down the rooftops will. Wouldn't you?

Please tell us how to finish off boko haram, and don't let "the mantra" or the NL penchant for screaming get in the way of your answer. Thank you.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by CynthiaIfy(f): 7:05am On Sep 18, 2011
Am really scared for this country. I hope this whole Boko Haram mess will not bring about heavy religious war in our country? For them to kill this Fugu man shows they are not on the part of peace. God please save us from this people.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by ILLUMINAT: 10:03am On Sep 18, 2011
Boko Haram claimed responsibility for the murder of the man, it's nothing but declaration to take on Nigeria in a full blown war. The FG must be prepared for war whether they want to or not
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by member479760: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2011
OBJ again,- C. Taylor, Nduka, Gbagbo, Babakura - who is next? make criminals no allow OBJ visit dem o!
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by otokx(m): 10:15am On Sep 18, 2011
Poor man, if only he knew?
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by duduspace(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2011
Anyone casting aspersions at Obasanjo for visiting the family of a man killed extra-judiciously is being less than charitable, Obasanjo is not my favorite person but the pursue of peace in any legitimate way should be applauded. In the pursuit of peace, no option should be ruled out. In case most people do not know, even the Americans fighting the Taliban are also negotiating with them at the same time.

In every large scale dispute there are always the major extremist elements who stir up things but more importantly there is the larger moderate element who provide a support network for them either through coercion or sympathy with their supposed cause.
The best way to undermine terrorism is to undermine that support network by showing the moderate elements that peace is achievable and should always be a preferred option.

Lets leave Obasanjo's visit out of this and not even blame the government (if indeed they sent him to the family as a peace overture). Let us put this firmly at the feet of those who seem to want to maim and kill at any cost and hope that this action will further undermine them in the eyes of the moderate elements and ultimately lead to them being put in check as soon as possible, afterall this is their own kith and kin they've just murdered.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by duduspace(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2011
doncaster:

When did u turn a politician? Is it cos Arsenal was pummeled today. Sorry mate.

When did you turn a stalker?  undecided  my life doesn't revolve only around football. Sorry for you mate. cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2011
While we continue the rantings!

The jihadirsts will be planing for the next attack.

That Mr President and OBJ are making efforts to initiate a peaceful dialogue is not out of place, but they must know that the Jihardists will continue to kill or die killing.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Rafaell(m): 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2011
d chess game continues,
Kings, Knights & Pawns,
(Uncle Joe, OBJ & Babakura)
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by Rafaell(m): 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2011
d chess game continues,
Kings, Knights & Pawns,
(Uncle Joe, OBJ & Babakura)
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by MrLawyer(m): 12:10am On Sep 19, 2011
Oh! God, please protect my dear country Nigeria from evil men.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by bedia01: 1:01am On Sep 19, 2011
boko haram spoke man was shot dead. Who cares about the shooting of idiot to death?. He was a spoke man for boko haram family, yes, let him speak for them in hell. Let all of them be consumped by unquenchable fire forever and ever. Let him go and enyoy his 7 virgins in their paradise. wrong orientation, misleading doctrine and myopic ideology. Let him be shot again and again. He who kills by a sword will die by a sword.a
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by bedia01: 1:17am On Sep 19, 2011
The federal government should promote those officers who killed the leader of boko haram muhammed yusuf for killing a die heart terrorist rather than troubling them by taking them to court. Anybody who calls for their prosecution should be treated as a member or sponsor of boko haram. I congratulate those officers for the good job. Boko harams are not human beings, therefore, nobody should think of human right. Boko harams are evil spirit except we talk about evil spirit right.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by buzcenter: 11:39am On Sep 19, 2011
naija at it again, why nt settlin dis people dan visitation.
Re: Boko Haram: Babakura, Spokesman During Obasanjo’s Visit Shot Dead by MMM2(m): 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2011
rip

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judge Disagrees With Probe Panel Over Aregbesola’s Response / Senators Receive Saudi Arabia Delegates At The National Assembly.. Photos / Akume: I Regret Making Ortom Governor Of Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.