Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k (50767 Views)

Angry UBA Customer Grills Bank Staff Over Fraudulent Transactions In His Account / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by MartinsD12(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2023
onthehill:
Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k (Photos)

A Nigerian auto mechanic identified as Timothy has been rewarded with N50k for returning N10.8m mistakenly sent to his bank account, IGBERETV reports.

One of Timothy's customers, Chinonso Ndukwe, disclosed this on Facebook, saying that Timothy narrated the story to him when he met him on Tuesday.

Sharing a photo he took with Timothy, Chinonso wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/100000031214424/posts/pfbid02QJNqfTLJ6HeP8zxdo1FQQHCLyesnKnd8RcffuYhnyLNSHPtTiCfPxtUe733Yq4Fhl/?app=fbl
It's still better than nothing but I expected the man to give him at least 200k even the mechanic himself is looking sick complaining of headache the man could have taken care of this though but anyway that's the way it is

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Angelfrost(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2023
He did well...!

What is even the point of this post??! To make people slam the 50k reward?!!

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Squirrel1(m): 10:20am On Mar 23, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
He gat no choice than to return it, cos it will surely be traced, but the guy is trying to play smart to get a better reward, unfortunately he didn't get want he wanted

Good for him sha
are you in his mind? How did you come to this conclusion? Nawa for internet people sha

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:22am On Mar 23, 2023
He got rewarded with 4 percent of amount returned.

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by BOLATINUBU01: 10:22am On Mar 23, 2023
Squirrel1:
are you in his mind? How did you come to this conclusion? Nawa for internet people sha
just move on, u don't need to qoute me if you don't agree with my opinion
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 23, 2023
dontbothermuch:

Good job. But if he refuses to send back the money, what steps can one take to reclaim the money back?

Banker will follow up and eat it..

Don't trust em
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Kindhearted soul. God will surely bless him.

If na me I will surely give him like 1m..

Cos 10m wey I don lose finish..

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by grandstar(m): 10:24am On Mar 23, 2023
What if 50k was what the man was able to afford? Yes, it looks stingy but we don't really know why more wasn't paid. We shouldn't be quick to judge. The money might not even be his.

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by bizhop01: 10:26am On Mar 23, 2023
Why receiving only 50k when I returned over 10 million, I will reject such money because it's not worth it
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by king1250: 10:27am On Mar 23, 2023
JASONjnr:
Can somebody try me?

Send just 50k into my account..... Let's see if I can return it or not ...

I want to see what the temptations feels like!!☺️☺️☺️

Drop your AZA

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by hssd8nland: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2023
JASONjnr:
Can somebody try me?

Send your account details
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Shaksman07: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2023
Nice one bro.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2023
JASONjnr:
Can somebody try me?

You cannot be supporting Tinubu and be capable of any form of sincerity.

Just saying!

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Bigchristo: 10:30am On Mar 23, 2023
onthehill:
Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k (Photos)

A Nigerian auto mechanic identified as Timothy has been rewarded with N50k for returning N10.8m mistakenly sent to his bank account, IGBERETV reports.

One of Timothy's customers, Chinonso Ndukwe, disclosed this on Facebook, saying that Timothy narrated the story to him when he met him on Tuesday.

Sharing a photo he took with Timothy, Chinonso wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/100000031214424/posts/pfbid02QJNqfTLJ6HeP8zxdo1FQQHCLyesnKnd8RcffuYhnyLNSHPtTiCfPxtUe733Yq4Fhl/?app=fbl
50k? This is why I can never return such money since I didn’t come to steal it from anybody’s account I will definitely buy crypto worth that amount and leave my bank account empty forever 🤣😂🤣

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Teeroyzimma: 10:31am On Mar 23, 2023
brain54:
Nice one…

These kind of people should be honored with national awards.

For those saying the 50k is small… I think that’s entitlement mentality for doing what’s right.

He is a true hero!
True hero Kwa?

if he like no return am, efcc will come knocking his door the next day

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by SPAMBOX7: 10:34am On Mar 23, 2023
How much the man fir give am wey for be enough. Some people sef

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by jUeLiZ: 10:34am On Mar 23, 2023
Someone said integrity is worthless in Nigeria

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by juddybrown(m): 10:35am On Mar 23, 2023
Play 2odds ,Get over 20 million,Return the 10. 8 million,gets #50k reward,it's a win win situation

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by GreaterFuture(m): 10:35am On Mar 23, 2023
raskymonojendor:
I remember back in 2004 when a bank mistakenly sent 4k to the account of my friend, they used police to threaten the guy till he returned the money..
2004??!
About 20yrs ago??

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Trojan8(m): 10:36am On Mar 23, 2023
brain54:
Nice one…

These kind of people should be honored with national awards.

For those saying the 50k is small… I think that’s entitlement mentality for doing what’s right.

He is a true hero!

National award for returning money sent to his bank account. Same bank that has details of each customer up to his mother's maiden name. Where would he run to if he decides not to return it?

Please change your moniker, not sure you have what you claim.

National awards? True Hero? Give me a break.

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Wildkat02: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2023
No one will take note of his name or tribe now. No one will call him ipob or developer because it’s a good deed.

Bloody nairaland tribalists

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by bonnyhope: 10:37am On Mar 23, 2023
Ekejoestar:
Good name is better then gold.

Yes o my broda
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by yahoodetector: 10:37am On Mar 23, 2023
News wey don trend since 4 days now na wetin una don bring for FP.

Nairaland: Late comers

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by bonnyhope: 10:38am On Mar 23, 2023
JASONjnr:
Can somebody try me?

Corruption
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by alizma: 10:38am On Mar 23, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
He gat no choice than to return it, cos it will surely be traced, but the guy is trying to play smart to get a better reward, unfortunately he didn't get want he wanted

Good for him sha
He had choices, he could have ran away to any nearby country, in case you think he is not exposed to that level, he could have decided to buy some land in his village, spend part of it in his village boys by buying drinks for them and then pay for a room in a 4star hotel where he could have been enjoying himself with some girls.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by juman(m): 10:38am On Mar 23, 2023
There is no escape route except returning the money because if not the police will definitely arrest him.

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Wildkat02: 10:38am On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

This has absolutely nothing to do with being honest.. Honesty is tested when one can make away with such amount with a near-zero chance of getting caught.

In this instance, he had to return the money if he doesn't want to be on the run from the Law, with his bank details clearly showing as the recipient of that money grin

He would have been caught one way or the other if he didn't return that money.. He has saved himself from eating a lot of prison beans, and even got free 50k ontop grin

Nice day at the office for him, if you ask me cool

Oga that money is enough to leave this country ASAP. Even sef him fit cross Seme border enter Cotonou nobody fit get am again. The dude is actually honest

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by imoh4king(m): 10:38am On Mar 23, 2023
The guy no get sense. If he's not careful, he might never make it in this naija.

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Aklee4994(m): 10:40am On Mar 23, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:

Good for him sha
what if the money is been sent to cybercrime gangster like yahoo boy...all this your narration will change even the man that made that mistake will know what’s up..boys go use the money between seconds..do you think 💭 the guy want to return the money but he has no choice than to refund it.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by visaclick: 10:40am On Mar 23, 2023
Bahamas95:
Honestly I still can't understand how some people mistakenly transfer money into a wrong account......The details of the recipient like name and bank are always displayed so I see no reason why someone should send it to a wrong person.

I received a credit alert of 10k sometime ago from an unknown source. I waited for 3days and nobody contacted me and I spent the money. Even till now I don't know who sent the money.....I wonder how people always make such mistake.
it happens bro. Few days ago I recharged a wrong number 4k coz i typed 8 instead of 9. Should i now be wasting my precious time calling and threatening someone for 4k when it was my mistake?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Policeman In Police Uniform Doing Okada Business In Lagos (Photos) / Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Nigerian Strongest Soldier Uses Teeth To Drag A Hilux Van, Others