Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k (50730 Views)

Angry UBA Customer Grills Bank Staff Over Fraudulent Transactions In His Account / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by buygala(m): 10:07am On Mar 23, 2023
okuta007:

he could Japa to Gabon and live a better life

10 million isn't small money

He will still be caught even if he moves to Canada.. With the BVN and NIN mandatory requirements these days before getting any government document, he will likely be nabbed sef before he travels out.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by godofuck231: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2023
I would have done minimum 200k for him , on one condition, he spends that money on equipment for his work , to make his life better and his services more efficient , so he makes more money in a day

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2023
dontbothermuch:
smiley

Good job. But if he refuses to send back the money, what steps can one take to reclaim the money back?

Police and bank reports . A no debit alert will be placed on his bank account. That will definitely bring him to the bank to ask for what happened....

You know the rest...

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:07am On Mar 23, 2023
Babapyro:
He avoided jail Time and won 50k
please mistakenly send money enter my account please
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Houseontherock1: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2023
The money was probably meant for something serious, the owner probably couldn't afford to touch the money and had to just cough out 50k. The mechanic would have ended up in jail if he spent the money, anyway

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Amm14: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2023
His reward is in heaven

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Proudlyomonna: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2023
youngbabaj:

Bros I will return he’s money and still turn down the 50k gift

That's the right thing to do man.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Ishilove: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2023
What is wrong with 50k?? You would have bought a world of trouble if you hadn't returned the 10m, so this has nothing to do with honesty. Be grateful and move on.

This sense of entitlement is nauseating

6 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Subonbon(m): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2023
JASONjnr:
Can somebody try me?

Send just 50k into my account..... Let's see if I can return it or not ...

I want to see what the temptations feels like!!☺️☺️☺️
ologbo ju grin
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by IDERAWOLE(m): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
He gat no choice than to return it, cos it will surely be traced, but the guy is trying to play smart to get a better reward, unfortunately he didn't get want he wanted

Good for him sha
He was expecting a better reward for his faithfulness. He should calm down. The real reward for his honesty or intelligence is on the way. May be not from this man.

Let the man be told that it could have been difficult to trace him if the money was forgotten in his workshop and he refused to return it, nobody can accuse him of anything, but on this one he can be traced no matter for how long he wants to hide.

The reward may be small compared to the amount he returned but it is still something. It is a gift. You don't determine the size of gift you must be given by a giver.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Sleekfingers: 10:10am On Mar 23, 2023
Billionaire2:
50k?
Some people stingy eeh!

Did he return the money for a reward ? I won't even accept a dime from the owner.

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Subonbon(m): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2023
Subonbon:
ologbon ju grin
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 23, 2023
He could buy crypto, destroy his sim, leave the country, be wanted.
But he decided to return the money and live happily there after.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by thesicilian: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2023
timesupreloaded:
Even 10 trillion can't solve your problem. You will become depressed. You are a trillion times better than those billionaires you envy. Your greed and desires will destroy you completely if you can't find contentment
Some people will not understand this until they eventually get the money. Then they'll secretly be wishing they hadn't made so much money.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Neoteny7: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2023
He's not a hero for returning what's not his, so the 50k is pure generosity

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Smartguyboy(m): 10:12am On Mar 23, 2023
Some people saying the 50k is small why are you guys greedy so you know what the money is for ?
Do you know where the 50k is coming from?

If na me sha I won’t return it oh
Remove 2m first and be waiting if bank will ever find out .

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by OLOKOESHIN: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2023
Ekejoestar:
Good name is better then gold.
Yoruba adage but not for nowadays boys
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by aikyg(m): 10:12am On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

This has absolutely nothing to do with being honest.. Honesty is tested when one can make away with such amount with a near-zero chance of getting caught.

In this instance, he had to return the money if he doesn't want to be on the run from the Law, with his bank details clearly showing as the recipient of that money grin

He would have been caught one way or the other if he didn't return that money.. He has saved himself from eating a lot of prison beans, and even got free 50k ontop grin

Nice day at the office for him, if you ask me cool

Are you serious? Once the money entered his account, he had every right to spend it and face whatever comes next. He did noble by returning the money.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by ukaface(f): 10:12am On Mar 23, 2023
Is it his money?
How much is he expecting for a reward ?
What if the 10.8mil isn’t for the guy, maybe it’s a contribution
Why should he expect more?

But if na me, I won’t send back immediately o, I go wait make the person come find me
If he no come, then…………lol

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by merits(m): 10:13am On Mar 23, 2023
onthehill:
Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k (Photos)

A Nigerian auto mechanic identified as Timothy has been rewarded with N50k for returning N10.8m mistakenly sent to his bank account, IGBERETV reports.

One of Timothy's customers, Chinonso Ndukwe, disclosed this on Facebook, saying that Timothy narrated the story to him when he met him on Tuesday.

Sharing a photo he took with Timothy, Chinonso wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/100000031214424/posts/pfbid02QJNqfTLJ6HeP8zxdo1FQQHCLyesnKnd8RcffuYhnyLNSHPtTiCfPxtUe733Yq4Fhl/?app=fbl

The 50k is more bless than to steal the money.

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by spencekat(m): 10:13am On Mar 23, 2023
youngbabaj:
I will even turn down the 50k
Is the money his?
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by obinna58(m): 10:13am On Mar 23, 2023
50k is not bad at all

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by spencekat(m): 10:14am On Mar 23, 2023
Billionaire2:
50k?
Some people stingy eeh!

Leave that talk.Na e money before?

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Reality3080: 10:15am On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

This has absolutely nothing to do with being honest.. Honesty is tested when one can make away with such amount with a near-zero chance of getting caught.

In this instance, he had to return the money if he doesn't want to be on the run from the Law, with his bank details clearly showing as the recipient of that money grin

He would have been caught one way or the other if he didn't return that money.. He has saved himself from eating a lot of prison beans, and even got free 50k ontop grin

Nice day at the office for him, if you ask me cool
bro this is a very big lie

In this kind of situation bank can only trace u with just 3 things

Phone number linked with the account…..once u stop using the phone n sim nobody can trace u

Address submitted in bank…… move from Lagos to sokoto n u re a free man, noting like data capturing in Nigeria before u enter any state

Bvn…….once u transfer d money but by bit ( within 5 hours) to an online wallet that bvn is not attached then from there u move d money n delete d online wallet

Just move to like 3 geopolitical zones apart n d next day u move to Ghana

U can travel to Ghana without international passport
Cc…..Gboom

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Minjim: 10:15am On Mar 23, 2023
There is nothing he can do but return the money.
He can't even withdraw it from the bank without rising eyebrows.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Originalsly: 10:16am On Mar 23, 2023
Hmmm. ... he returned the money because it can be traced. If it were cash left in a car he would keep it. An honest person would return the money and be happy he did .... whether or not he got a reward ... and no matter how small is the reward. He returned it and was sooo disappointed with the amount that he took sick. No praise for him.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by AfroKnight: 10:17am On Mar 23, 2023
Billionaire2:
50k?
Some people stingy eeh!

How much do you think the owner should have sent? Just curious.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Nunam(m): 10:17am On Mar 23, 2023
tomax026:
He is the MECHANIC of the owner.
They will know each other well, so it won't be easy to escape with the money if he wants.
He is easy to be traced when the man knows.
So I don't know why this is a great news to some people.
Even I may not even give him upto this 50k.
But if he is an outsider that I don't know before, I can give him 1 million.
Case closed!

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Epinbiz(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2023
Sincerely ....the guy try

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Bahamas95(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2023
Honestly I still can't understand how some people mistakenly transfer money into a wrong account......The details of the recipient like name and bank are always displayed so I see no reason why someone should send it to a wrong person.

I received a credit alert of 10k sometime ago from an unknown source. I waited for 3days and nobody contacted me and I spent the money. Even till now I don't know who sent the money.....I wonder how people always make such mistake.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 23, 2023
Hmm! Even Ghana some people go first run to then process their papers from there and abscond

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Policeman In Police Uniform Doing Okada Business In Lagos (Photos) / Which Profession Do You Think Has The Most Rude Set Of People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.