Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k (50729 Views)

Angry UBA Customer Grills Bank Staff Over Fraudulent Transactions In His Account / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Bahamas95(m): 11:07am On Mar 23, 2023
visaclick:
it happens bro. Few days ago I recharged a wrong number 4k coz i typed 8 instead of 9. Should i now be wasting my precious time calling and threatening someone for 4k when it was my mistake?
Your case is different because it's recharge card, the name of the recipient won't display. Any wrong digit you enter means you've automatically recharged another mobile number.

I'm talking about fund transfer, I don't make transfers if the name/bank of the recipient doesn't appear.......USSD codes and bank Apps always display them, I wonder where the mistake is coming from.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Inicharles: 11:07am On Mar 23, 2023
If he goten that money fully at his disposal without any chances or atom of trace,maybe he might keep it all for him self,but no disrespect to the young man's kind gesture,of a truth if there're people like him around,then the world is a bit safe!
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by MemoriesAndMe: 11:08am On Mar 23, 2023
JASONjnr:
Can somebody try me?

Send just 50k into my account..... Let's see if I can return it or not ...

I want to see what the temptations feels like!!☺️☺️☺️

I read the full story somewhere else, the money did not actually belong to the person that sent it to him, he intended to return some funds meant for a business transaction but mistakenly sent it to the mechanic's account.

The sender would probably have been in trouble and many others affected if the mechanic had stolen the money. Everyone can't be thieves at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by blackgold2018(m): 11:09am On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

This has absolutely nothing to do with being honest.. Honesty is tested when one can make away with such amount with a near-zero chance of getting caught.

In this instance, he had to return the money if he doesn't want to be on the run from the Law, with his bank details clearly showing as the recipient of that money grin

He would have been caught one way or the other if he didn't return that money.. He has saved himself from eating a lot of prison beans, and even got free 50k ontop grin

Nice day at the office for him, if you ask me cool
while hiding I’ll make good use of that money

Triple it within a year..

Then I’ll return the 10m afterwards
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by alizma: 11:10am On Mar 23, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
and when he's caught, he will be treated as a criminal
And you think everyone cares? Treating him like criminal won't bring your money back, in fact he can claim he is illiterate and didn't get alert for the money. He could claim that he thought the money he was withdrawing was what his customers paid into his account and bank interest and promise to work and pay back
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Munzy14(m): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2023
JASONjnr:
Can somebody try me?

Send just 50k into my account..... Let's see if I can return it or not ...

I want to see what the temptations feels like!!☺️☺️☺️
🤣🤣🤣
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Eastprince101(m): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

This has absolutely nothing to do with being honest.. Honesty is tested when one can make away with such amount with a near-zero chance of getting caught.

In this instance, he had to return the money if he doesn't want to be on the run from the Law, with his bank details clearly showing as the recipient of that money grin

He would have been caught one way or the other if he didn't return that money.. He has saved himself from eating a lot of prison beans, and even got free 50k ontop grin

THE HONEST CROOK 😁
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by goodman5(m): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2023
If I return Kobo make I bend

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by DemgadTinko: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

Exactly, they will get him, if he didn't report himself . He dodged a bullet.

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Bluntemperor: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2023
Ekejoestar:
Good name is better then gold.

He should emulated, rewarded and even honoured with National Award!
We should let people emulate good things in Nigeria and spread the gospel around!
God bless you brother!

*National Merit Award- pls note and place them on your list,for this is your duty! We don't want crude list again!
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by saintruky(m): 11:14am On Mar 23, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
He gat no choice than to return it, cos it will surely be traced, but the guy is trying to play smart to get a better reward, unfortunately he didn't get want he wanted

Good for him sha

Na make am get sudden headache... Lol
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by superlicious: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2023
timesupreloaded:
Even 10 trillion can't solve your problem. You will become depressed. You are a trillion times better than those billionaires you envy. Your greed and desires will destroy you completely if you can't find contentment

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Blackman101: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2023
Is an honorable thing to return what is not yours, that is the way children are brought up and now as an adult, people are expecting reword for returning what is not theirs.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Tegabadguy(m): 11:15am On Mar 23, 2023
onthehill:
Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k (Photos)

A Nigerian auto mechanic identified as Timothy has been rewarded with N50k for returning N10.8m mistakenly sent to his bank account, IGBERETV reports.

One of Timothy's customers, Chinonso Ndukwe, disclosed this on Facebook, saying that Timothy narrated the story to him when he met him on Tuesday.

Sharing a photo he took with Timothy, Chinonso wrote; grin grin grin grin grin grin mumu guy

https://www.facebook.com/100000031214424/posts/pfbid02QJNqfTLJ6HeP8zxdo1FQQHCLyesnKnd8RcffuYhnyLNSHPtTiCfPxtUe733Yq4Fhl/?app=fbl
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by completeskills: 11:17am On Mar 23, 2023
Why do I feel like they used this mechanic account to disburse part of an illegal fund?
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by ayofossil: 11:18am On Mar 23, 2023
Okay !
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Sleekfingers: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2023
brain54:
Nice one…

These kind of people should be honored with national awards.

For those saying the 50k is small… I think that’s entitlement mentality for doing what’s right.

He is a true hero!

Naso Dem dey dish out national honor? He did the right thing by returning the money. Cuz , if he didn't . They will track him down. 10m ain't 2k .
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by babyfaceafrica: 11:22am On Mar 23, 2023
Bahamas95:
Your case is different because it's recharge card, the name of the recipient won't display. Any wrong digit you enter means you've automatically recharged another mobile number.

I'm talking about fund transfer, I don't make transfers if the name/bank of the recipient doesn't appear.......USSD codes and bank Apps always display them, I wonder where the mistake is coming from.

You never shayo before
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Adufeamos: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2023
Some punters will quickly use it to pick 2 odds....lol
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by babyfaceafrica: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2023
blackgold2018:
while hiding I’ll make good use of that money

Triple it within a year..

Then I’ll return the 10m afterwards

What if you blow the money? Or the business you use am do crumble?.. You think tripling money is easy
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by brain54(m): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2023
Trojan8:

National award for returning money sent to his bank account. Same bank that has details of each customer up to his mother's maiden name. Where would he run to if he decides not to return it?

Please change your moniker, not sure you have what you claim.

National awards? True Hero? Give me a break.
For your information…

O wise master of the universe.( Maybe we should switch monikers since mine suits you better)

People in more advanced countries are “recognized” with such awards even in advanced countries like the USA.

It’s just recognition for good and admirable deeds in individuals just to set good example which others can emulate.

A Nigerian taxi driver was given an award for returning money left in his cab by a passenger quite recently. The story was posted here on NL.

And yes… I personally know people who withdrew money paid wrongly into their accounts and till date nothing has happened to them. No EFCC, no police. Nothing!

Some of those cases are over 5 years ago. Maybe they would be arrested in 2079. Or after they die.

Yes… people who do such deeds in this country should be recognized and honored with national awards. So others can be encouraged to emulate same.

A person who can return such amount of money without prompting in this present times is truly an hero.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by ComeToJesus: 11:24am On Mar 23, 2023
I remmeber a colleague who got some money mistakenly transferred into his account. The guy ended up withdrawing the money in bits and chopping life grin

One day, bank officials and police showed up at HR Office.

Long story short, the money he squandered was converted into loan for him and he paid back instalmentally. Not sure he finished paying before leaving of which will be deducted from his gratuity and terminal payoff.

Good to be honest.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by bennyflipy(m): 11:34am On Mar 23, 2023
Someone sent 2500 to my account yesterday

How can I return it🙄
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Jijuo: 11:38am On Mar 23, 2023
I once returned 5kUSD and the man was like are you really a Nigerian? I later got a deal and made lots of money.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by NigAmbassador: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

You made a valid point.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by blingxx(m): 11:42am On Mar 23, 2023
Nobody is asking the right question .. where did he find 10.8m in this cashless economy
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by blackgold2018(m): 11:44am On Mar 23, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

What if you blow the money? Or the business you use am do crumble?.. You think tripling money is easy
yes it’s easy with someone with the experience.

Blow which money? I’m not a child.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Goalnaldo(m): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Get a court order to freeze the account 2. Get ready to defend your points because it's your words against his... Lol, mechanic can claim it's a payment for a vehicle he bought for you and cook up some stories with a good lawyer. You're in more soup if you sent the money without a written reference attached..
But luck will shine on you when the mechanic run away! Smiles... That's an act of guilt so your winning 98% but if baba stand, get lawyer argue with you ehnn
hmm, i learnt something. This is what nl is about till tribal bigotry took over the forum
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Adakintroy: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
He gat no choice than to return it, cos it will surely be traced, but the guy is trying to play smart to get a better reward, unfortunately he didn't get want he wanted

Good for him sha

Or you can say some are contended, decipline and does not take what's not theirs.

Some of you are product of poor upbringing. Its why good virtues feel alien to you.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Deogratias0030(m): 11:47am On Mar 23, 2023
timesupreloaded:
Even 10 trillion can't solve your problem. You will become depressed. You are a trillion times better than those billionaires you envy. Your greed and desires will destroy you completely if you can't find contentment

When you truly understand life, you won't kill ur self to be rich. Money can actually do much but not everything.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Coldie(m): 11:49am On Mar 23, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:

Good for him sha
The guy try. Somebody I know that we were very close as friends, that we did a deal over a year ago I mistakenly transferred money to his account cause he bears same name.

I didn't know for weeks until the original owner started saying he didn't see the money, when I checked I discovered that it was to his account.

I called him and he said he will send it 2 weeks pass I no see the money,I called him he was like y am I disturbing him because of ordinary******* money. That he will send it, 3 weeks pass again he didn't send it. As I send him a long message on Whatsapp he started messaging me that life is not easy for him this and that. This was a guy that earlier he opened his mouth to tell him that y should I be disturbing him for the money, that the money I sent to him he spends it one night in one seating.

After everything he sent me half and refused to pick my calls to this day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Policeman In Police Uniform Doing Okada Business In Lagos (Photos) / Which Profession Do You Think Has The Most Rude Set Of People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.