Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? (3246 Views)

When Would One Nigeria Yorubas Learn, Fulani 3,one Nigeria Yorubas 0, Pictures / Igbos Hate Themselvs. We Yorubas Love Each Other / Joe Igbokwe Has Never Been An Iboman ,we Yorubas Love Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Trollronaldo: 7:20am On Mar 23, 2023
There are plenty of misconception being spread by other tribes about the igbos but for me, these misconceptions are not true. You will hear things like, igbos don't like each other, igbos don't help each other and Igbos are wicked. All are propaganda and I will prove it.
Since the Civil War, the Igbo has come from scratch, helped themselves into becoming financially prosperous and today by per capita, Igbo people are arguably the most prosperous tribe. This will not have been possible if igbos don't help themselves, or they envy each other a lot or they don't like themselves. It's true because igbos are hated, they have been the people helping themselves.
There's no tribe where people don't envy themselves or kill themselves. But people are painting the picture that it's more within the Igbo tribe, it's not true.

So how were igbos able to recover after the war:

1. Igbos know how to entertain competitors.

Go to major markets in Nigeria, let me make example of what we Yorubas can relate to: have you ever been to Ladipo or computer village to buy stuffs? You will see many Igbo people selling the same thing linning up in raws. You will never see them compete aggressively, they will not envy themselves and try to fight over customers. They will even most times trade products between each other and even refer customers to themselves.
Have you even entered an Igbo man's shop and he tells you that this product dey my other shop? Na lie, he's going to his fellow Igbo man shop to get it for you. This cannot be possible if they hate themselves. It's the key to how they succeed.
Yoruba people do not know how to maintain healthy competition. In my street, two Yoruba people that are selling the same product, they will fight themselves over customers. I have seen this happen over and over again. 2000 Igbo people can sell the same thing in on location and you will not hear anything problem, they will even help themselves to sell.
You cannot put 10 Yoruba people selling the same product in one line, they will quarrel and fight. We are greedy. On my street, Two Yorubas selling sweet and pure water will fight for customers, two Yorubas selling sepe and ogogoro will still fight and become envious of each other, they cannot create healthy business environment for themselves.
Hausas also tolerate their brothers in business, they allow healthy competition between each other hence its why you can see hausas in thr markets selling the same thing. Yorubas will always fight over space and customers. Yorubas are more envious than Igbo people, this is what is playing out in the poltical space. We are greedy.

2. Igbos have this inherent brotherhood attitude.

This is the reason why whenever you visit their houses or shops, you will see someone there that is not his child, even most times this person will not be directly related to that Igbo person. They usually just help people from their village. They bring them to cities, train them in formal education and in business and after a while, this person will be independent and then goes on to bring another person.
How will this be possible if they don't like each other or they don't help each other?
There's never going to be a time when you will see a wealthy Igbo man that has not brought someone from his village out of poverty. It's a brotherhood code for them.
Hausas and Yorubas also do this to a certain degree but to an Igbo man, this is a culture and a norm. They don't see it like they are helping anyone, it's a culture and a responsibility.

A wealthy hausa man will prefer to give alms to the poor ones around him instead of genuinely helping that person by formally and vocationally training that person. This is where igbos are ahead.
In every town and cities, Igbo people usually form village associations where they help each other with busine loans and otherwise. Yes, this is true, I know this. Thy have that brotherhood spirit.

3. Igbo people plan their marital lives more than any other tribe.

Igbos don't give birth like chickens, even the most illiterate Igbo man will always want to give birth to children he's capable of training. This is what you don't see always within thr Yorubas and even worse with the hausas. Indescriminate child birth is a recipe for poverty.
When you leave Lagos (even in certain parts of lagos), Yorubas can give birth indescriminately, they will give birth to children that they cannot train. This brews poverty. Igbos attitude of controlled child birth has helped them recover from thr Biafran war. We should learn this from them.

What can we learn from them?
1. Healthy competition: we are too greedy, we want to have it all and at the end of the day, we become penny wise and pounds foolish. It's the reason why we cannot allow southeast become president now. We don't like healthy competition, we are envious. If it's an Igbo man that has become president before, I am sure that they will allow southwest have it. They do it everyday in their businessss. Its why 500 Igbo man can sell the same product in one location without issues.

2. Brotherhood: Even with all the political power that Yorubas have, the wealth amassed doesn't flow down to average Yoruba people. It usually remains within the circle of the elites. It's why I think most yorubas don't know what they are doing. We don't help our people. We use them and then leave them to suffer.
Give Igbo people this power, you will see how they will help themselves prosper. It's in their blood, it's why you will see them bringing themselves to city to learn business.

Yoruba Ronu, you are pawns in the house of your wicked poltical elites. They become rich and wealthy, they want to keep you impoverished so they can use you for their own political wishes.
You as a yoruba may think that you are winning politically but it's not you, it's the poltical elites. You life still won't change if you don't learn these little things from igbos

53 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by MrAgbako: 7:28am On Mar 23, 2023
I.gbos dark sides is what they themselves can't take that is why they don't like to live in their region...
Quit the damage control. We know Igbo good and bad sides like we know money.
Yoruba have nothing to learn from igbos. It is igbos that rather have a lot of lessons to learn from Yorubas their elder brother in everything in life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8

28 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by helinues: 7:30am On Mar 23, 2023
The inferiority complex just dey make some people doing shaka shaka

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Trollronaldo: 7:33am On Mar 23, 2023
MrAgbako:
I.gbos dark sides is what they themselves can't take that is why they don't like to live in their region...
Quit the damage control. We know Igbo good and bad sides like we know money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8
mo ti ba e soro otito gege bi omo Iya. Whatever you think now it's your problem

13 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by MrAgbako: 7:38am On Mar 23, 2023
Trollronaldo:
mo ti ba e soro otito gege bi omo Iya. Whatever you think now it's your problem
Another yoruba recolonized ndigbo citizen doing damage control. The reverse psychology is dead on arrival. Come learn from Yorubas perhaps we can donate you some of our leaders to help develop the east for y'all. Y'all should be ready to drop that egoist and bigoted attitude towards Yorubas. Hausa's put you in your place. Yorubas will put you in your place too since your IPOB terrorist brothers keep crossing their boundary. The west is not the east.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by OlawaleBammie: 7:38am On Mar 23, 2023
Trollronaldo:
There are plenty of misconception being spread by other tribes about the igbos but for me, these misconceptions are not true. You will hear things like, igbos don't like each other, igbos don't help each other and Igbos are wicked. All are propaganda and I will prove it.
Since the Civil War, the Igbo has come from scratch, helped themselves into becoming financially prosperous and today by per capita, Igbo people are arguably the most prosperous tribe. This will not have been possible if igbos don't help themselves, or they envy each other a lot or they don't like themselves. It's true because igbos are hated, they have been the people helping themselves.
There's no tribe where people don't envy themselves or kill themselves. But people are painting the picture that it's more within the Igbo tribe, it's not true.

Go to major markets in Nigeria, let me make example of what we Yorubas can relate to: have you ever been to Ladipo or computer village to buy stuffs? You will see many Igbo people selling the same thing linning up in raws. You will never see them compete aggressively, they will not envy themselves and try to fight over customers. They will even most times trade products between each other and even refer customers to themselves.
Have you even entered an Igbo man's shop and he tells you that this product dey my other shop? Na lie, he's going to his fellow Igbo man shop to get it for you. This cannot be possible if they hate themselves. It's the key to how they succeed.
Yoruba people do not know how to maintain healthy competition. In my street, two Yoruba people that are selling the same product, they will fight themselves over customers. I have seen this happen over and over again. 2000 Igbo people can sell the same thing in on location and you will not hear anything problem, they will even help themselves to sell.
You cannot put 10 Yoruba people selling the same product in on line, they will quarrel and fight. We are greedy. On my street, Two Yorubas selling sweet and pure water will fight for customers, two Yorubas selling sepe and ogogoro will still fight and become envious of each other, they cannot create healthy business environment for themselves.
Hausas also tolerate their brothers in business, they allow healthy competition between each other hence its why you can see hausas in thr markets selling the same thing. Yorubas will always fight over space and customers. Yorubas are more envious than Igbo people, this is what is playing out in the poltical space. We are greedy.

This is the reason why whenever you visit their houses or shops, you will see someone there that is not his child, even most times this person will not be directly related to that Igbo person. They usually just help people from their village. They bring them to cities, train them in formal education and in business and after a while, this person will be independent and then goes on to bring another person.
How will this be possible if they don't like each other or they don't help each other?
There's never going to be a time when you will see a wealthy Igbo man that has not brought someone from his village out of poverty. It's a brotherhood code for them.
Hausas and Yorubas also do this to a certain degree but to an Igbo man, this is a culture and a norm. They don't see it like they are helping anyone, it's a culture and a responsibility.

A wealthy hausa man will prefer to give alms to the poor ones around him instead of genuinely helping that person by formally and vocationally training that person. This is where igbos are ahead.
In every town and cities, Igbo people usually form village associations where they help each other with busine loans and otherwise. Yes, this is true, I know this. Thy have that brotherhood spirit.

Igbos don't give birth like chickens, even the most illiterate Igbo man will always want to give birth to children he's capable of training. This is what you don't see always within thr Yorubas and even worse with the hausas. Indescriminate child birth is a recipe for poverty.
When you leave Lagos (even in certain parts of lagos), Yorubas can give birth indescriminately, they will give birth to children that they cannot train. This brews poverty. Igbos attitude of controlled child birth has helped them recover from thr Biafran war. We should learn this from them.

1. Healthy competition: we are too greedy, we want to have it all and at the end of the day, we become penny wise and pounds foolish. It's the reason why we cannot allow southeast become president now. We don't like healthy competition, we are envious. If it's an Igbo man that has become president before, I am sure that they will allow southwest have it. They do it everyday in their businessss. Its why 500 Igbo man can sell the same product in one location without issues.

2. Brotherhood: Even with all the political power that Yorubas have, the wealth amassed doesn't flow down to average Yoruba people. It usually remains within the circle of the elites. It's why I think most yorubas don't know what they are doing. We don't help our people. We use them and then leave them to suffer.
Give Igbo people this power, you will see how they will help themselves prosper. It's in their blood, it's why you will see them bringing themselves to city to learn business.

Yoruba Ronu, you are pawns in the house of your wicked poltical elites. They become rich and wealthy, they want to keep you impoverished so they can use you for their own political wishes.
You as a yoruba may think that you are winning politically but it's not you, it's the poltical elites. You life still won't change if you don't learn these little things from igbos
Imbecīl3 disguising as yoruba grin grin

The "I can feed Ur generation people" are here again grin

Customer entertainer grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by helinues: 7:39am On Mar 23, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

Inferiority complex dey show dem shege

They can never be proud of their lineage hence impersonating others

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Trollronaldo: 7:40am On Mar 23, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

okay

3 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Trollronaldo: 7:40am On Mar 23, 2023
MrAgbako:

Another yoruba recolonized ndigbo citizen doing damage control. The reverse psychology is dead on arrival. Come learn from Yorubas perhaps we can donate you some of our leaders to help develop the east for y'all. Y'all should be drop that egoist and bigoted towards Yorubas. Hausa's put you in your place. Yorubas will put you in your place too since your IPOB terrorist brothers keep crossing their boundary. The west is not the east.
okay.

3 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Throwback: 7:43am On Mar 23, 2023
We can learn to be fiercely territorial and clannish.

If we learn fully, then a Yoruba would start winning SouthWest states at 95% of votes cast just like the Igbo.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by AdaojoTheUrchin: 7:43am On Mar 23, 2023
I agree with the OP.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Rodimi20000000: 7:44am On Mar 23, 2023
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by helinues: 7:44am On Mar 23, 2023
Throwback:

If we learn fully, then a Yoruba would start winning SouthWest states at 95% of votes cast just like the Igbo.

The election taming na just Mariwo, they should watch out for the outing of the masquerade across SW states

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Trollronaldo: 7:45am On Mar 23, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Well, I cannot remember an Igbo man winning southeast by 95% before exepct from last month, which of course us understandable because he's the most competent of all.

You can learn to vote competence over tribal bigotry
Throwback:

Well, I cannot remember an Igbo man winning southeast by 95% before exepct from last month, which of course is understandable because he's the most competent of all.

You can learn to vote competence over tribal bigotry

14 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Trollronaldo: 7:47am On Mar 23, 2023
helinues:

The election taming na just Mariwo, they should watch out for the outing of the masquerade across SW states
people don't like the truth because it's bitter. Everything I wrote in the OP is the truth and you can say that I am not a yoruba for saying the truth. Iwo de lomo

4 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by wahahlawahala: 7:48am On Mar 23, 2023
Trollronaldo:

You cannot put 10 Yoruba people selling the same product in one line, they will quarrel and fight. We are greedy. On my street, Two Yorubas selling sweet and pure water will fight for customers, two Yorubas selling sepe and ogogoro will still fight and become envious of each other, they cannot create healthy business environment for themselves.

" Elueepee frm top to bottom " 😂.. u even created a thread about that.. the reality must have been so devastating hence why u can't stop fainting and Wailing since after the election.. no worry ,u go dey alright.. but try to visit a therapist tho cos so much pains in the heart dey cause madness, and with this ur thread, I have a feeling e don start already 😒

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Oddfinder012: 7:50am On Mar 23, 2023
MrAgbako:

Another yoruba recolonized ndigbo citizen doing damage control. The reverse psychology is dead on arrival. Come learn from Yorubas perhaps we can donate you some of our leaders to help develop the east for y'all. Y'all should be ready to drop that egoist and bigoted attitude towards Yorubas. Hausa's put you in your place. Yorubas will put you in your place too since your IPOB terrorist brothers keep crossing their boundary. The west is not the east.
Igboland was completely destroyed during the war. This guys stood up dusted up themselves, folded their sleeves and b3gan to work( build).
Today, apart from Lagos island, no part of Yoruba land is more developed or well built or more beautiful than ibo land. Choke on that

17 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by izombie(m): 7:52am On Mar 23, 2023
Op all what you wrote is true. But they will as usual attack you and your message without proving you wrong. Me personally i have brought 3 people oversea since i travelled and they are all doing well.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Trollronaldo: 7:52am On Mar 23, 2023
wahahlawahala:
Elueepee frm top to bottom 😂.. u even created a thread about that.. the reality must have been so devastating hence why u can't stop fainting and Wailing since after the election.. no worry ,u go dey alright.. but try to visit a therapist tho cos so much pains in the heart dey cause madness, and with this ur thread, I have a feeling e don start already 😒
epa npa ara e, oloun npa aja.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Trollronaldo: 7:53am On Mar 23, 2023
izombie:
Op all what you wrote is true. But they will as usual attack you and your message without proving you wrong. Me personally i have brought 3 people oversea since i travelled and they are all doing well.
weritin concern me. I am saying this because I want a change

3 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by helinues: 7:54am On Mar 23, 2023
Trollronaldo:
people don't like the truth because it's bitter. Everything I wrote in the OP is the truth and you can say that I am not a yoruba for saying the truth. Iwo de lomo

How many times have you been bursted on this forum for impersonating? Why is it hard for you people to be proud of your lineage?

That you have stayed in SW, learn our language still can never make you an Omoluwabi.

Quit the impersonating

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by BanyXchi: 7:54am On Mar 23, 2023
Oddfinder012:

Igboland was completely destroyed during the war. This guys stood up dusted up themselves, folded their sleeves and b3gan to work( build).
Today, apart from Lagos island, no part of Yoruba land is more developed or well built or more beautiful than ibo land. Choke on that
iboland is a poverty-stricken shithole, you're delusional.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Nice2023(m): 7:55am On Mar 23, 2023
Agree or not the truth cannot be hidden.

I have witnessed all of these around Yorubas and same with the igbos but I'll give it to the igbos.

They are exceptional wonderful when it comes to brotherhood.

Helping one another...it is in their DNA!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Trollronaldo: 7:55am On Mar 23, 2023
helinues:

How many times have you been bursted on this forum for impersonating? Why is it hard for you people to be proud of your lineage?

That you have stayed in SW, learn our language still can never make you an Omoluwabi.

Quit the impersonating
I am laughing at your stupidity but you think you are wise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by helinues: 7:57am On Mar 23, 2023
Trollronaldo:
I am laughing at your stupidity but you think you are wise.

Go through this thread yourself, read as a neutral observer and see how you are sounding.

Exactly what you wrote above

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Trollronaldo: 7:58am On Mar 23, 2023
helinues:

Go through this thread yourself, read as neutral observer and see how you are sounding.

Exactly what you wrote above
okay 😂
I am telling you the gospel truth. It's bitter to swallow.
Every tribe has their shortcomings and I have told you that of we Yorubas. Swallow it and try to change

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Ikpaitid: 7:59am On Mar 23, 2023
How to steal. grin
That's the only thing they can teach you.

8 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by juman(m): 7:59am On Mar 23, 2023
Be careful not to end up in jail in Asia because of drugs. grin

6 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by helinues: 8:00am On Mar 23, 2023
Trollronaldo:
okay 😂
I am telling you the gospel truth. It's bitter to swallow.
Every tribe has their shortcomings and I have told you that of we Yorubas. Swallow it and try to change

You know, gospel truth can't come from amukunmeko
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by MrAgbako: 8:00am On Mar 23, 2023
Oddfinder012:

Ndi dot nation. Oyo one of the state in southwest is bigger and more develop than all States in the east. Omo ofo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Franzinni: 8:00am On Mar 23, 2023
Op you have to be a Butt kiss ...

You simply come across as ignorant and desperate.

The mere fact that you insinuate Yoruba need too learn something from the igbos shows you didnt give your position a good thought

Yes the igbos are business oriented and enterprising no doubt... That is where thier gifts as a people show, although I have my reservations about the sources of wealth of some, that parade themselves as legitimate business people, but I digress

We all need to learn to see each other as people first, and transcend tribalistic tendencies and then we need to recognize and embrace the power in our diversity for the benefit of ALL ... Not for you to come and be telling Yoruba people to learn this and that from the Igbo people becasue that will mean Yoruba people lack those things and you are absolutely mistaking!!!!

Iwo gan gan lo ye ko ronu!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Soludo’s Letter. He Predicted Obi's Loss And Damage To Igbo People. / JUST IN: President Asiwaju Tinubu Makes First Set Of Appiontments / Price Of A Liter Of Gasoline/pms In Select Africa Countries As At May 29, 2023..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.