Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,142 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? (3318 Views)

When Would One Nigeria Yorubas Learn, Fulani 3,one Nigeria Yorubas 0, Pictures / Igbos Hate Themselvs. We Yorubas Love Each Other / Joe Igbokwe Has Never Been An Iboman ,we Yorubas Love Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Pleasant01: 10:09am On Mar 23, 2023
Well except Google earth is capping, the beautiful part of Enugu no big reach old bodija alone
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Workch: 10:11am On Mar 23, 2023
PoloG:
Flutterwave alone is half the GDP of anambra .. I don't want to now mention other fintech companies owned by yorubas ...

Igbos should just stick to their 2x2 shops and stop disturbing us....

There is NOTHING igbos have that yorubas will learn from cool
flutter wave is valued at 1billion dollars, that's lower than the net with of innoson motors

1 Like

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by BastadThiefnubu: 10:13am On Mar 23, 2023
Pleasant01:

But ibadan has more igr and gra than the whole of SE.... how's that possible? 🤡
Where is Ibadan fake IGR cuz the whole of Oyo state resembles a war-torn enclave unlike Enugu.
It is even an insult to compare that pit toilet with Enugu. The South West should be compared with Ebonyi state.
Your leaders have scammed you.
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Pleasant01: 10:16am On Mar 23, 2023
Workch:
Yorubas cannot build any world class city on their own except if the federal government comes in like they did in Lagos. Give Yorubas power many times, they will still not leave the Lagos clutch.
Aside Lagos, no city in Yoruba land is anything near developed, including Ibadan. A yoruba system is all about oligarchy, where elites squander the wealth of the people, the followed are very loyal to their corrupt elites and little human capacity development will thrive.

Look at osogbo, Ado Ekiti, Akure and Abeokuta, are those cities competitive even within Nigeria? Think about it.

You all think you can build anything because federal government built Lagos. We built our own cities by ourselves without the help of federal government and we did that in less than 60 years.
How many world class cities have ibo built?
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by optionalY09: 10:16am On Mar 23, 2023
noting
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Workch: 10:19am On Mar 23, 2023
Pleasant01:
Well except Google earth is capping, the beautiful part of Enugu no big reach old bodija alone
this a map distance discribing transverisng the two farthest points in the two cities, Ibadan is bigger but Enugu is not as small as you think.

1 Like

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by PoloG: 10:21am On Mar 23, 2023
Workch:
flutter wave is valued at 1billion dollars, that's lower than the net with of innoson motors
flutterwave is worth $3b and anambra gdp as at last year was $6b...

Your innoson is not even upto sujimoto in networth
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Workch: 10:21am On Mar 23, 2023
Pleasant01:

How many world class cities have ibo built?
none sir, but Yoruba has built none as well. Even after having to get power and even enough time. It's a reflection of the elites ripping the people while the people remain loyal

1 Like

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Pleasant01: 10:22am On Mar 23, 2023
BastadThiefnubu:
Where is Ibadan fake IGR cuz the whole of Oyo state resembles a war-torn enclave unlike Enugu.
It is even an insult to compare that pit toilet with Enugu. The South West should be compared with Ebonyi state.
Your leaders have scammed you.
Lol....not wasting my morning arguing with you...we all know the truth..bye🤣🤣
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Pleasant01: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2023
Workch:
none sir, but Yoruba has built none as well. Even after having to get power and even enough time. It's a reflection of the elites ripping the people while the people remain loyal
How many times have Yoruba gotten power? We all know obj wasn't the Yorubas choice and he didn't do anything for us.. even small Lagos-abk expressway e no do.....this is the first time Yorubas are getting power
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2023
Nice2023:
Agree or not the truth cannot be hidden.

I have witnessed all of these around Yorubas and same with the igbos but I'll give it to the igbos.

They are exceptional wonderful when it comes to brotherhood.

Helping one another...it is in their DNA!

Don’t let them fool you. They don’t have brotherhood, they kill themselves over a piece of mango. The only reason why they show pretence of brotherhood in Lagos is because they are economic refugees, they have to stick together to survive in a foreign land. All foreigners do this when they enter another man’s land. It’s a surviving tactic, it is done out of necessity.

Only thing Yorubas can learn from Igbos is tribal bigotry, and we are learning fast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Workch: 10:33am On Mar 23, 2023
PoloG:

Well, that figure seem to be bigger than the GDP on Ondo, Osun and ekiti as well, can we now say that flutterwave is richer than Ekiti state? . Think about it.

Does comparing companies worth to GDP of states make any sense?

1 Like

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Workch: 10:34am On Mar 23, 2023
Pleasant01:

How many times have Yoruba gotten power? We all know obj wasn't the Yorubas choice and he didn't do anything for us.. even small Lagos-abk expressway e no do.....this is the first time Yorubas are getting power
Na you sabi
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Workch: 10:37am On Mar 23, 2023
PoloG:

Ibeto group is worth 3.8billion, thats larger than the GDP of Ekiti. Can we now say that Ibeto is more valuable than Ekiti?

No be so

1 Like

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by BastadThiefnubu: 10:38am On Mar 23, 2023
Pleasant01:

Lol....not wasting my morning arguing with you...we all know the truth..bye🤣🤣
Yes we all know the bitter truth, the cities in the East that was the centre of war all beat your cities that never experienced war.
Clown!
Below is the city centre of Ibadan, former capital of the South West and Enugu, former capital of the Eastern region
1 Ibadan
2, 3, 4 Enugu.
The world can see the truth.lol

1 Like

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by PoloG: 10:42am On Mar 23, 2023
Workch:
Well, that figure seem to be bigger than the GDP on Ondo, Osun and ekiti as well, can we now say that flutterwave is richer than Ekiti state? . Think about it.

Does comparing companies worth to GDP of states make any sense?
lol... Just two yoruba companies are richer than the richest state in igboland ..
Flutterwave and calendly ...

Know your levels igbos

2 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Workch: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2023
PoloG:
lol... Just two yoruba companies are richer than the richest state in igboland ..
Flutterwave and calendly ...

Know your levels igbos
Ibeto group is richer than flutterwave, I don't have time for all these dick measurement because most of these companies are in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by PoloG: 10:49am On Mar 23, 2023
Workch:
Ibeto group is worth 3.8billion, thats larger than the GDP of Ekiti. Can we now say that Ibeto is more valuable than Ekiti?

No be so
which ibeto group ? grin
No igbo man is a billionaire

FYI ekiti is the poorest in the SW, while your answers is the richest in SE..

You see the difference? grin
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by PoloG: 10:51am On Mar 23, 2023
Workch:
Ibeto group is richer than flutterwave, I don't have time for all these dick measurement because most of these companies are in Lagos
bring your source....

I mean a real source and not one useless igbo blog site here

1 Like

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Nice2023(m): 11:32am On Mar 23, 2023
RubaKing:

Don’t let them fool you. They don’t have brotherhood, they kill themselves over a piece of mango. The only reason why they show pretence of brotherhood in Lagos is because they are economic refugees, they have to stick together to survive in a foreign land. All foreigners do this when they enter another man’s land. It’s a surviving tactic, it is done out of necessity.

Only thing Yorubas can learn from Igbos is triblal bigotry, and we are learning fast

That is ur opinion,not what we that have gone round the country think but what we have seen.
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by maivd: 11:44am On Mar 23, 2023
Oddfinder012:

Igboland was completely destroyed during the war. This guys stood up dusted up themselves, folded their sleeves and b3gan to work( build).
Today, apart from Lagos island, no part of Yoruba land is more developed or well built or more beautiful than ibo land. Choke on that
So why are igbos still migrating to Ogun,Oyo,Ondo and Ekiti ? So you are telling me they left all the beauty in igbo land to come and an under developed southwest?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by pandax: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2023
helinues:

The election taming na just Mariwo, they should watch out for the outing of the masquerade across SW states

Zimbabwe was once a flourishing country in the 90s and today, they are a very poor country because they drove out the whites; On the other and, Rwanda was a very poor country in the 90s that led to their genocide, but today they are flourishing because they embraced development and removed discriminations

Malaysia drove Singapore away from their federation and today, Singapore is a leading light for even Malaysia. As an Igbo man and an Anambra Blood, I know that we can do better with an IGBO ONLY nation, where we can control our politics, affairs and development

Think, what you wish critically, your leaders knew that exodus of Igbos from Lagos will bring the downfall of Lagos

Adios!

1 Like

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by helinues: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2023
pandax:

Zimbabwe was once a flourishing country in the 90s and today, there are a very poor country because they drove out the whites; On the other and, Rwanda was a very poor country in the 90s that led to their genocide, but today they are flourishing because they embraced development and removed discriminations

Malaysia drove Singapore away from their federation and today, Singapore is a leading light for even Malaysia. As an Igbo man and an Anambra Blood, I know that we can do better with an IGBO ONLY nation, where we can control our politics, affairs and development

Think, what you wish critically, your leaders knew that exodus of Igbos from Lagos will bring the downfall of Lagos

Adios!

And the moral lesson of the epistle..

Have you people vowed to something not to return back to your region and develop it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Justiceleague1: 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2023
MrAgbako:
I.gbos dark sides is what they themselves can't take that is why they don't like to live in their region...
Quit the damage control. We know Igbo good and bad sides like we know money.
Yoruba have nothing to learn from igbos. It is igbos that rather have a lot of lessons to learn from Yorubas their elder brother in everything in life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8
Igbo people live almost everywhere in Nigeria and the world....it is very easy for you,holed up all your life in Iragbiji,it is very easy for you to open ya mouth wide waaaaaa and say nothing sensible grin
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
helinues:

Inferiority complex dey show dem shege

They can never be proud of their lineage hence impersonating others
why are you crying kpaaaa kpaaaa
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by pandax: 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2023
helinues:

And the moral lesson of the epistle..

Have you people vowed to something not to return back to your region and develop it?

The recent INEC voter register showed that the 5SE states are more populated that the 5W states, excluding Lagos. In Lagos, the population of Igbos should be at least 30%. On what empirical fact are you asking us to go back, when we have a sizeable percentage as stated earlier at home doing.

We need them to stay where they are while we are working to make the SE states the factory of Nigeria and West Africa, They will form our distribution networks across Nigeria and WA. By 2033, if we are still in one nation, we would have developed at least 50,000 factories in 5SE. We are building airports and about 3 of our airports will become international soon, to attract the world to our home. We have finalized plan on our railway connections to our closest Seaport in the Interim, and a plan in place for ours. Electricity generation is already settled, we only need to put distributions lines accordingly. We are ready for the Aku Luo Uno and by the nest 10 years, Nigeria will see how far we have gone

Adios
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by solomon36670: 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2023
Ndi dot nation. Oyo one of the state in southwest is bigger and more develop than all States in the east. Omo ofoNdi dot nation. Oyo one of the state in southwest is bigger and more develop than all States in the east. Omo ofo...
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Rickmann: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2023
MrAgbako:
I.gbos dark sides is what they themselves can't take that is why they don't like to live in their region...
Quit the damage control. We know Igbo good and bad sides like we know money.
Yoruba have nothing to learn from igbos. It is igbos that rather have a lot of lessons to learn from Yorubas their elder brother in everything in life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8

Oga, your video is as pointless as ur assertion. Where has igbos ever tried to dominate? Don't let politicians or the social media fuel you with hate. That Sir Ahmadu Bello said it doesn't mean it's true besides he died decades ago. I'm igbo but I also have yoruba blood from my Paternal grandma. I was born and grew in the southwest. Most of my extended family members are yoruba, many of my friends are yorubas and hausa and we love each other. Let's stop all this hate pls, it's destroying our minds and that of our young ones and until we emancipated ourselves from this slavery of tribalism, nothing will change in Nigeria.
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Oddfinder012: 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2023
maivd:

So why are igbos still migrating to Ogun,Oyo,Ondo and Ekiti ? So you are telling me they left all the beauty in igbo land to come and an under developed southwest?
Why are the chinese, Indians littered everywhere in Nigeria? Are u telling me they left all the beauty and development in their land to come and under develop Nigeria?
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by Oddfinder012: 4:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
Workch:
See how this guys de overhype flutterwave. How many ppl e fit employ? Their headquarters is even on a rented structure.
Re: What Can We Yorubas Learn From The Igbos? by maivd: 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2023
Oddfinder012:

Why are the chinese, Indians littered everywhere in Nigeria? Are u telling me they left all the beauty and development in their land to come and under develop Nigeria?

They don't claim superiority and they usually respect the sitting government and tribe in any city they trade in. They don't do dick measuring like the igbos. Or are the igbos richer than the Chinese and Indians? So why do you people make useless noise all over the place.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Calabar: Missplaced Project / Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu / Osun, The Second Best Of The Least Poverty State In Nigeria – FBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.