Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity (2175 Views)

Husband Dares Wife To Walk Over Voodoo To Prove She Has Never Cheated (pics/vid) / Lady Tattoos Boyfriend’s Name On Her Face To Prove Her Love / Kenyans Rent Out Their Wives To Tourists Because Of Hard Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Kodak9(m): 10:02am On Mar 23, 2023
Members of the Hamar tribe in Ethiopia believe the elaborate scars demonstrate a woman’s capacity for love, and if they fall on hard times later in life it allows them to call on those who whipped them for help.

The brutal tradition is known as Ukuli Bula, and was captured by photographer Jeremy Hunter. Instead of fleeing, women beg men to whip them again during the ceremony, held in the Omo River Valley.

For men, male decoration is simpler with the exception of their facial painting which denote status and progression up the social ladder.

A key element of the ceremony is the whipping of young women who are family members or relatives of the boy undertaking the Rite-of-Passage. The women trumpet and sing, extolling the virtues of the Jumper, declaring their love for him and for their desire to be marked by the whip.

They coat their bodies with butter to lessen the effect of the whipping which is only carried out by Maza – those who have already undergone this Rite-of-Passage.

Some whipping appears to be tender, others more aggressive. But once whipped, the girls proudly show off their scars – as proof of their courage and integrity. Itís a kind of Insurance Policy.

The ceremony tends to unite the family and is a demonstration of the womenís capacity for love, and in later life – perhaps when they’ve become widowed – they will look to the boys who whipped them years before to request help.

The scars on her back are said to be proof of her sacrifice for the man, and it is therefore impossible for the man to refuse her needs in hard times or emergencies.

Hamar women of the Lower Omo Valley, Southern Ethiopia willingly submit themselves to be whipped during the ceremony of Ukuli Bula . It indicates their courage and capacity for love, and is a form of insurance policy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by LordIsaac(m): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2023
grin
Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Franzese: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2023
This one pass flogging.

Na Horse Whipping be dis o. Chai

9 Likes

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by ahiboilandgas: 10:16am On Mar 23, 2023
Kodak9:
Members of the Hamar tribe in Ethiopia believe the elaborate scars demonstrate a woman’s capacity for love, and if they fall on hard times later in life it allows them to call on those who whipped them for help.

The brutal tradition is known as Ukuli Bula, and was captured by photographer Jeremy Hunter. Instead of fleeing, women beg men to whip them again during the ceremony, held in the Omo River Valley.

For men, male decoration is simpler with the exception of their facial painting which denote status and progression up the social ladder.

A key element of the ceremony is the whipping of young women who are family members or relatives of the boy undertaking the Rite-of-Passage. The women trumpet and sing, extolling the virtues of the Jumper, declaring their love for him and for their desire to be marked by the whip.

They coat their bodies with butter to lessen the effect of the whipping which is only carried out by Maza – those who have already undergone this Rite-of-Passage.

Some whipping appears to be tender, others more aggressive. But once whipped, the girls proudly show off their scars – as proof of their courage and integrity. Itís a kind of Insurance Policy.

The ceremony tends to unite the family and is a demonstration of the womenís capacity for love, and in later life – perhaps when they’ve become widowed – they will look to the boys who whipped them years before to request help.

The scars on her back are said to be proof of her sacrifice for the man, and it is therefore impossible for the man to refuse her needs in hard times or emergencies.

Hamar women of the Lower Omo Valley, Southern Ethiopia willingly submit themselves to be whipped during the ceremony of Ukuli Bula . It indicates their courage and capacity for love, and is a form of insurance policy

Africans and stupidity 5 and 6

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Kodak9(m): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
Africans and stupidity 5 and 6
it is culture not stupidity
Mumu

9 Likes

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by psalmskiddy(m): 11:46am On Mar 23, 2023
This is serious
Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Kodak9(m): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2023
psalmskiddy:
This is serious
How is it serious
Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by ahiboilandgas: 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kodak9:
it is culture not stupidity
Mumu
cultural practise can also reaffirms stupidity ! Killing of twin was a stupid cultural practise , floging in the name of showing commitment show how daft they are

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Kodak9(m): 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
cultural practise can also reaffirms stupidity ! Killing of twin was a stupid cultural practise , floging in the name of showing commitment show how daft they are
lol
American feminism nonsense na complete rubbish too

3 Likes

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by marlow1962(m): 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Jeon(f): 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
Africa still in the mud.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2023
Rich culture.. should be applicable to all NL feminists and stubborn heads. With better koboko of course lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by FalseProphet1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2023
As a Prophet I'll really love to flog sixfeetbelle to coma with my horsewhip to prove my love, cos I know that she can quarrel for Africa with her sharp mouth. So whenever her mouth starts running, instead of arguing with her, I'll flog the living hell out of her as proof that I love her, and I believe that it would keep her silent for some days.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
Very soon they will say africa has rich cultures
Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Chiraq77(m): 12:52pm On Mar 23, 2023
me likey

I guess it's safe to say BDSM originated from Africa

2 Likes

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by virginprincess(f): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
This is the highest level of barbarism undecided undecided,what kind of stupid culture is this?

Africa men are just so ignorant,myopic and backward....... Jeez angry,I can't believe this .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Kodak9(m): 1:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
virginprincess:
This is the highest level of barbarism undecided undecided,what kind of stupid culture is this?

Africa men are just so ignorant,myopic and backward....... Jeez angry,I can't believe this .
Including your father sad sad

Feminism na beta culture abi.

4 Likes

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Kiddogarcia(m): 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2023
Hmmm,I doubt this tho.
In this era of sensitiveness and internet.
Ethiopia is not that backward.
I'm sure this is no longer in vogue.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Benki003(m): 3:59pm On Mar 23, 2023
Ara agbala ndi Ethiopia

1 Like

Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by rainydreamzz: 12:48am On May 02, 2023
Re: Photos: African Tribes Where Husbands Flog Wives To Prove Their Fidelity by Rokiat(f): 2:35am On May 02, 2023
Ignorant is bliss.

(1) (Reply)

I Regret Graduating With First Class - Young Pretty Girl Says (Pix/Video) / I Like Her But She Likes This Other Guy / I Need Your Advise Desperately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.