Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect (26808 Views)

Oke Umurhohwo Congratulates Sheriff Oborevwori Over His Electoral Win / Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate / Sheriff Oborevwori Kneels, Thanks Okowa After Winning PDP Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by senatordave1(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
Aiel123:

You once brought up the idea.
I still remember that thread...that would have been political master class from Omo Agege...
All those defectors were paper weight...but you wouldn't agree now see

I knew delta north would never vote apc no matter what so I preferred agege picking from south.I never said the defections were not paperweight,some like orubebe were good and they tried in dividing ijaw votes.it seems tompolo and manager were not convinced.most of those ibori people were paperweight.the isokos betrayed DSP and osanebi didnt do well in the north.majority of deltans actually wanted DSP, I just dont know what happened. Maybe obidients didn't turn up....

You were right about plateau but berom votes were divided as I predicted.the failure of apc to counter jos south and mangu killed nentawe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Uptheante(m): 6:44pm On Mar 23, 2023
Nwanna2588:

I can now say that power is rotating among Urhobo, Itsekiri and Igbo in Delta
What of Ijaw & Isoko?
They seem to marginalized when it comes to governorship in Delta State 🤔
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by hopexter(m): 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2023
Aiel123:

You once brought up the idea.
I still remember that thread...that would have been political master class from Omo Agege...
All those defectors were paper weight...but you wouldn't agree now see

I remember, Omo agege wasn’t active enough regarding the election. It’s so unfortunate.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by funshint(m): 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2023
I fear for Delta o....this one is just a career politician nothing more. And na where he get that "Sheriff"? American Police sheriff or Islamic sheriff?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Aiel123: 7:06pm On Mar 23, 2023
senatordave1:

I knew delta north would never vote apc no matter what so I preferred agege picking from south.I never said the defections were not paperweight,some like orubebe were good and they tried in dividing ijaw votes.it seems tompolo and manager were not convinced.most of those ibori people were paperweight.the isokos betrayed DSP and osanebi didnt do well in the north.majority of deltans actually wanted DSP, I just dont know what happened. Maybe obidients didn't turn up....

You were right about plateau but berom votes were divided as I predicted.the failure of apc to counter jos south and mangu killed nentawe
Isoko betrayed Omo Agege? How? Cause he was the mastermind of Joel's senate victory ?
I underrated Orubebe.He tried. But you won't wish away the general consensus that PDP hasn't been fair to the ijaws in terms of development...so protest votes was still helpful.
The north side of Delta is always PDP. Everyone knows this. Those defectors from Ibori's cliche were not worth the hype that greeted their defection...Evans Iwurie lost his ward...
Osanebi shouldn't be blame. DSP himself isn't loved in Delta north and some Ndokwa people hold grudges with him for the non actualization of Aboh Poly which DSP brought to his village...
Plateau.Yes. I find Berom votes shocking. Those figures they gave Useni in 2019 disappeared. Even Riyom the LGA of Mutfwang deputy results wasn't encouraging...
PDP holding APC in close gap in Jos North was to me what brought the victory...Lalong won with their votes in 2019.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Slimdan360: 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2023
27Pushing30:

Who dey go Ekpoma?
Dropout done drop quote🤦‍♂️🤣
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Aiel123: 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2023
hopexter:

I remember, Omo agege wasn’t active enough regarding the election. It’s so unfortunate.
Agege was not active?
He did his best to hold his own against a structured ruling party who were wounded after the presidential election and were determined to win either by hook or crook.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Evestar200(f): 8:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
Good luck to Deltans for electing number one Agbero😁😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by odinga1of: 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2023
Dindondin:

The op wan find dem job for LinkedIn. 😂

The name is it a Muslim name. Is he a Muslim?
We heard he's a thug. Is that true?

Oga Sheriff is an English Name. Oberowori is an Okpe/Urhobo name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2023
donphilopus:

I don't know much about Delta politics. Most Deltans I know rooted for Omo Agege. I'm surprised he lost.
Thank God you said you don't know much.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2023
coputa:
PDP made a mistake for picking Sheriff as their flag bearer.The opposition will use these loopholes to unseat him in a court of competent jurisdiction.
The issue of his certificate has been settled by supreme court.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by favor914: 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2023
hopexter:

Delta state is a core PDP state, even if Jesus Christ contests in a different party, deltans will still choose PDP over Jesus Christ.
100% correct.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Aiel123: 8:57pm On Mar 23, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
The issue of his certificate has bePen settled by supreme court.
On technicalities rather... If Agege picks it up it's definitely not going to be rosy for Sheriff.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Aiel123: 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2023
favor914:
100% correct.
Not completely true.
Deltans simply had no alternative to PDP for now. Thank God they stucked to the devil they knew....
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by favor914: 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
It wasn’t settled, it was struck out on a technicality.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by senatordave1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
Aiel123:

Isoko betrayed Omo Agege? How? Cause he was the mastermind of Joel's senate victory ?
I underrated Orubebe.He tried. But you won't wish away the general consensus that PDP hasn't been fair to the ijaws in terms of development...so protest votes was still helpful.
The north side of Delta is always PDP. Everyone knows this. Those defectors from Ibori's cliche were not worth the hype that greeted their defection...Evans Iwurie lost his ward...
Osanebi shouldn't be blame. DSP himself isn't loved in Delta north and some Ndokwa people hold grudges with him for the non actualization of Aboh Poly which DSP brought to his village...
Plateau.Yes. I find Berom votes shocking. Those figures they gave Useni in 2019 disappeared. Even Riyom the LGA of Mutfwang deputy results wasn't encouraging...
PDP holding APC in close gap in Jos North was to me what brought the victory...Lalong won with their votes in 2019.

I heard bvas was bypassed or not used in several places.osanebi should have delivered one or two lgas.if lp candidate was popular,he would have divided delta north votes.the apc ijaw tried.

Yes,I knew that berom will divide votes.nentawe won his zone but lalong failed to deliver his zone or bring bloc from shendam and wase..I dont know why jos north couldn't deliver bloc.mangu was also a shocker.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Alezy(m): 9:18pm On Mar 23, 2023
senatordave1:

Why una vote am
So if them tell you say them vote am, you go believe??

Them Vote Sanwolu? How e take win??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Georgejeez: 9:58pm On Mar 23, 2023
Jefferyhi86:
This life I remember wen I was growing up in warri, who would av tell that this man is Goin to be a governor of delta, my dad close friend those early days at okoloba in warri, wen e de come our huz come chop, sherif rugged sha

Okoloba no de inside Warri
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by DivineT: 10:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
Betrayal, hi jacking of election sheet where APC was winning(igbudu for instance), osanebi delivering his lga, Ibori getting Ethiope west, APC succeeding in ethiope east, burutu, patani, compulsory use of bivas in delta north . Heard some communities in ndokwa accredited but didn’t votes. Heard lp won some lg.
So many irregularities, Agege could have succeeded. Betrayal from isoko was so cold. Agege would not forget that in an hurry. Highly doubt Joel will be returned. His people are cold and wicked. Never seen people like these before. Pdp don’t even favour them either.

Anyway let’s see what happens

Agege did well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Georgejeez: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2023
Agege should have removed his eyes from PDP property , continue as a Senator, by now he would have been in pole position to become the next Senate President , being a ranking Senator and the current DSP.
He made a miscaculation , now lost two things same time
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Efewestern: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
Georgejeez:

Okoloba is in Effurun.

Maybe you are not versatile with Uvwie/Warri terrain. That place is one of the most popular layouts in the early 2000.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by DivineT: 12:22am On Mar 24, 2023
Efewestern:

Okoloba is in Effurun.

Maybe you are not versatile with Uvwie/Warri terrain. That place is one of the most popular layouts in the early 2000.
You are the one who should know better still making same mistake.
What is uvwie/water?

Okoloba in Effurun not Warri.

You as an indigene of uvwie making such mistake is shameful.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by yom2(m): 12:39am On Mar 24, 2023
These generation of new governors are with funny funny names and alias
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by yom2(m): 12:44am On Mar 24, 2023
DivineT:
Fun fact: He is an illiterate. He can’t communicate in English for a minute.

He is also an ex convict
the last delta had a performing governor was 16 years ago
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by yom2(m): 12:50am On Mar 24, 2023
funshint:
I fear for Delta o....this one is just a career politician nothing more. And na where he get that "Sheriff"? American Police sheriff or Islamic sheriff?
that state done suffer since ibori left inspire d huge resources. Crawling giant.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Efewestern: 5:06am On Mar 24, 2023
DivineT:

You are the one who should know better still making same mistake.
What is uvwie/water?

Okoloba in Effurun not Warri.

You as an indigene of uvwie making such mistake is shameful.

I'm not from Uvwie though. But I get the point.

I'm part of the wado project and I shouldn't have tagged Uvwie under Warri
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by coputa(m): 5:22am On Mar 24, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
That was within the party, this time around the opposition will go full swing and dig more into the certificate issue and his ex convict status.That man has a lot of skeleton in his cupboard.
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by coputa(m): 5:32am On Mar 24, 2023
Georgejeez:
Agege should have removed his eyes from PDP property , continue as a Senator, by now he would have been in pole position to become the next Senate President , being a ranking Senator and the current DSP.
He made a miscaculation , now lost two things same time
He wanted to salvage the Delta ship that PDP has wrecked.Nobody came out, they want to turn Delta state to a one party state.Ken Pela of labour party came in late,Ogboru is no longer relevant,So Omo agege wanted to rescue Delta State from the shackles of PDP .

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Nwanna2588: 5:48am On Mar 24, 2023
DivineT:

Nope
Pdp usually does the zoning by senatorial district.
North igbo
Central Urhobo
South Urhobo, isoko, ishekiris and Ijaw.

It’s back to central hence Urhobo have it.
Which ethnicity is the deputy?
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Jefferyhi86(m): 8:14am On Mar 24, 2023
I no understand disburse statement, okoloba no b street for warri.. How deep inside warri e wan go na
Georgejeez:

Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Slimzjoe(m): 9:07am On Mar 24, 2023
OmonnakOdapig:

Well explained. 👌

Lols l really look forward Excitedly to the Day PDP☔🌂 Governor will Finally lose elections to opposition at last in a fair & credible Elections. So their Zoning formula succintly explained above, will be upsetted. Just as we had with an APC Northern president in Powrr---Northerner Buhari winning and in the Last elections, PDP ☔🌂☂️was Torn between projecting Northernrr Atiku and a Southern Prospective president , when the Last ln-House PDP ☔🌂☂️President was Jonathan- a Southerner.

Some argued only A southerner should be PDP flagbearer as its the turn of South Naturally, aftrr a Northern lncumbent president just finished his constitutional 2 tenures (8fvcking years).
Others insisted the current president Buhari is not a PDP man and inside PDP, Its turn of North to produce next PDP president after a Southern PDP president. Wahala grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATCwSAbR4-U

The thing about Zoning is that people sometimes twist it to suit their personal interest. Which is why PDP at national were having that debate. Atiku was ready to allow the Consensus agreement stand if there will be further Microzoning but the Likes of Wike No gree. So Atiku took advantage of that
Re: Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect by Owologbo(m): 9:11am On Mar 24, 2023
doublewisdom:
He better does a job before we go change am for am. He was a lesser evil hence we voted him. The mace snatcher, Omo Agege will not near that Osadebe house even if he tries 10 times.

Not just that the mace thief will not near Delta State government house,
APC as a party should stay far away from delta State government house. We don't want a party that will divide us in Delta State; before we start hearing so so tribe own delta State, that one looks like Isoko or urhobo, that one is Ijaw or itsekiri he should not be living here.
God forbid party of division.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) / Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends / Tolu Ogunlesi Comment About Ex-President Yar'adua's Health

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.