Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,977 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect (42225 Views)

Buhari Meets With Benue Governor-elect, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (photos) / Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election / LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Saig: 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:
Very interested in seeing his performance. He's the first of his kind holding a strong political office in Nigeria.

But wait ooo. Nobody's wailing that he's APC. grin grin
Not first. Benue actually had a Rev. Fr as governor before, fr Adasu. He was one of the best performing governors in Benue History
Within two years in office, he established Benue State university, polytechnic, and many other things before the army took over in 93

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by JOemmy(m): 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
Massiveglory:
Big congratulations to father alia.
Another state where the people came out enmass to vote in a new leader of their choice.

Hopefully all the unnecessary bloodshed will be tackled headlong.

Congratulations benue brothers and sisters

The only way the bloodshed in benue can stop is when buhari leaves office.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Mindlog: 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2023
worldclass68:

Waiting that man do u nah....haba..

True true u re right sha grin

It is just that the guy do not have the "regular" igbo look. He shares the looks that is more associated with the Kalenjins of Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Lovelyn451(f): 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2023
They'll just manipulate this one into doing their bidding,...las las he'll bring shame to the Church,...hmmm
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by ICEWIN: 3:35pm On Mar 23, 2023
Massiveglory:
Big congratulations to father alia.
Another state where the people came out enmass to vote in a new leader of their choice.

Hopefully all the unnecessary bloodshed will be tackled headlong.

Congratulations benue brothers and sisters
Sorry to say bro governors dont have control over security agent,he cant tacle security. Except God and federal government.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by wink2015(m): 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2023
For the position of First Lady.

I think he has a Deputy governor.

Let the wife of the Deputy governor preside if the deputy is a man or a female commissioner can preside.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Samirana360(m): 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2023
U well?
utenwuson:
Apart from that Ebonyi governor that look like uber driver..... Most winning governors have great cv
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by millionaireman: 3:38pm On Mar 23, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyacinth_Alia

Congratulations.
But how can he stand up against armed Fulani herdsmen? It was a near miss for gov Ortom each time Fulani herdsmen struck.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Harrynight(m): 3:38pm On Mar 23, 2023
But wait o.o,
Can't some one be appointed for the office as a First Lady?
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by ProfOkai: 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:
Very interested in seeing his performance. He's the first of his kind holding a strong political office in Nigeria.

People are no longer voting for parties but for individuals

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by obinna58(m): 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
I can see the honesty in his age, if na another person now he go claim 42
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Cromagnon: 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:

you've forgotten akume or how old are you?
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by MrAgbako: 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
raskymonojendor:

This one gave them uppercut and left them in a state of confusion. grin
Hahaha no mind those ipob miscreants dem think say nah only dem get monopoly to madness.
Dem insult Fulani and Hausa for 8 years. Dem insult Yoruba wey even close to dem pass.
Only dem hate other tribe and always have bad things to say about every tribe.

Me I don't hate like they do but I just dey return their energy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Cromagnon: 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
Harrynight:
But wait o.o,
Can't some one be appointed for the office as a First Lady?
see stupidity on display

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Cromagnon: 3:41pm On Mar 23, 2023
Larryhoover:
A decent profile and I hope he would lead the change in Benue through provision of democratic dividends.

As a Rev. Father, he should be able to connect with people easily and provide the desired needs. There are blueprints he can tap from e.g Fashola of Lagos, Seyi Makinde of Oyo and Zulum of Borno. You don't have to do big projects before making significant impacts.

With proper implementation of the right policies, he could be the pioneer of Benue liberation.

Though, i haven't seen any of his picture smiling... Lol. But I wish him all the Best.
Have you ever seen church liberate anyone?
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by HeroicMeastro: 3:41pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:

Yes wo... nobody is saying he is from the evil party again cheesy
Hypocrisy of the highest order.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by HAD3S(m): 3:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
Lannyjoe4u:
Hmmm. But, no wife for him sha

The deputy name ...πŸ™„

I know where your mind is straying to, but it's that. It's an Igede name that is spelt the same way what you are thinking is spelt but pronouced differently.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by airprinz(m): 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2023
You people are busy here requesting for a first lady.

Mother fid be the first lady nah
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Bjteensdes24: 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2023
Abisolababe:
Yes father!!!
Congrats
Are you living in Benue? For you to comment β€˜Yes Father’
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by localbreed(m): 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2023
I hope he will be brutal to Fulani herdsmen
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by TooGod942: 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:

Very Rev. Fr. Moses Orshio Adasu Was Benue state governor between 1992 and 1993. So He is not the first

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Bridget95(f): 3:45pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:

He is a priest
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by mysy013(m): 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2023
Idiot why Lp candidate no win? You're even more foolish than I thought
Antiurchins:
we expect you to join LP to secure your political Carrier

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by mastermaestro(m): 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2023
Tee2027:
Benue people "I don my cap", you guys did well for booting out that mediocre Ortom and his stooge.

God bless the Benue people. Respect!!!

Now it is time to plan and execute good governance.

I'm happy to see a national builder, a man who knows the way in Aso Rock come May 2023 and vibrants governors on all the states of the federation except Abia now it is time to move and abadon children of hate to their mourning status and build our country back from Buhari ruins.

God bless my country, Nigeria.

Ortom's greatest achievement as governor is shouting Buhari up and down.

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Antiurchins: 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2023
mysy013:
Idiot why Lp candidate no win? You're even more foolish than I thought

why crying
APC is Islam terror1st party.....

I actually know he will decamp before he will be relected
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2023
Mathematically1:
Good, APC really played a nice game in Benue
Game of all game
Too hard to say now
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Caseless: 3:54pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:

na religion de drive the hate,so you won't hear cry. If na imam win under APC,you for don't hear"islamic party"
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Squirrel1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:

can't you see he is christian 🌚 is not the party they hate, it's the religion they dislike
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by ManOfMan: 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:

Not the first. There was Rev Fr Moses years ago in the same state

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by perpeling22(f): 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Who will now be the First Lady?

Na trueooo.
well no be all these fes ladies wey go carry sacculox paint full their face doing nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Troops Clear IPOB/ESN Camps In Okigwe, Imo; Recover Fresh & Old Corpses (Photos) / Bomb Blast In Yola Kills 40, Including Five Soldiers / Fayose Salutes Buhari, Begs Nigerians To Accept Presidential Poll Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.