Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect (42120 Views)

Buhari Meets With Benue Governor-elect, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (photos) / Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election / LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:50pm On Mar 23, 2023
eben97:
I LIVE around this axis, i can tell you the major solution to d benue killings is untill the fulani hereds men as absorbed in the state for grazing.the current presidency has a hand in this plot ,keeping mute against d killing n not doing much to stern it.tiis is because the samuel admin rejected d ruga move.the population of dfulanis here is way more than those obtained in most northern states like ;kaduna,mass state,kogi, etc due to d goodvegetation plain in ben state.now d enemity between d fulani and benue man (tiv to be particular)has really heightened because of this trouble and it will take a high power wisdom from above to settle this.

How can the Fulanis be "absorbed" into the state for grazing? Isn't it business they are doing? What stops them from buying land and grazing on it?

I don't think it's the government's place to buy lands and build infrastructure for them to run their businesses
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by obyon(m): 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2023
No first lady in Benue state
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Bede2u(m): 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:
Very interested in seeing his performance. He's the first of his kind holding a strong political office in Nigeria.

But wait ooo. Nobody's wailing that he's APC. grin grin
he's the second
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by justiz5(m): 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2023
sablue:
Very interested in seeing his performance. He's the first of his kind holding a strong political office in Nigeria.

But wait ooo. Nobody's wailing that he's APC. grin grin
We once had A rev Fr as former governor of Benue State in person of Rev Fr Adasu January 2nd, 1992.

The late Man of God was elected the second Executive Governor of Benue State on 2nd January, 1992 under the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP). During his stay in office, He founded the Benue State University Makurdi on 27th December, 1992. He reactivated and upgraded the College of Education Oju. He conceived the concept of the Tarka Foundation, named after Senator Joseph Sarwuan Tarka and launched on 2nd July, 1992. The fondation’s building occupies five hectares of land in Makurdi and includes an art gallery, conference rooms, recreational centers and chalets. Other projects executed by the then governor include BENCO roof tile, and the Katsina Ala fruit juice company; however some of the projects remained abandoned owing to his short stay in office.

Adasu was removed from office when General Sani Abacha came to power in November, 1993.

Now just imagining what he was able to achieve between January 2nd, 1992 to November, 1993 when the military government of Sani Abacha took over.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by justiz5(m): 11:38pm On Mar 23, 2023
deeva2:
Muslim Muslim ticket produced the first Rev governor in the history of Nigeria..

Only haters and gullible hypocrites calls APC evil party..

Benue and Taraba States had produced Reverend governors before. I can see you are trying so hard to justify Mu-Mu Ticket.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by laurel03(m): 2:32am On Mar 24, 2023
Larryhoover:
A decent profile and I hope he would lead the change in Benue through provision of democratic dividends.

As a Rev. Father, he should be able to connect with people easily and provide the desired needs. There are blueprints he can tap from e.g Fashola of Lagos, Seyi Makinde of Oyo and Zulum of Borno. You don't have to do big projects before making significant impacts.

With proper implementation of the right policies, he could be the pioneer of Benue liberation.

Though, i haven't seen any of his picture smiling... Lol. But I wish him all the Best.
aside regular civil servants salaries Seyi Makinde is paying the guy is not doing any special things as governor. He cant even account for LGA money for 4 years.. Reason why Ibadan people like Makinde is because he makes the city lawlessness and Orderliness like encourage road side trading, no environmental law, thugerry are backs on the street etc. So that is why Makinde is good in face of many Ibadan commoners.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Redoil: 6:19am On Mar 24, 2023
Larryhoover:
A decent profile and I hope he would lead the change in Benue through provision of democratic dividends.

As a Rev. Father, he should be able to connect with people easily and provide the desired needs. There are blueprints he can tap from e.g Fashola of Lagos, Seyi Makinde of Oyo and Zulum of Borno. You don't have to do big projects before making significant impacts.

With proper implementation of the right policies, he could be the pioneer of Benue liberation.

Though, i haven't seen any of his picture smiling... Lol. But I wish him all the Best.
mentioning the names of clown
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by titopius(m): 10:24am On Mar 24, 2023
Okay so, talking about the office of first lady is the deputy's wife that will assume that office. However, my concern is to see Benue people smile again. Honestly they have suffered from poor governance to insecurity. I just pray this to be their happy moment.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Afolue(m): 10:50am On Mar 24, 2023
We hope for better governance.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by Caseless: 6:47am On Mar 25, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Did anyone said anything when Zulum won Borno? People only talk when the mandate of the people were brazenly stolen.
zullum na imam.
Re: Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect by eben97: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

How can the Fulanis be "absorbed" into the state for grazing? Isn't it business they are doing? What stops them from buying land and grazing on it?

I don't think it's the government's place to buy lands and build infrastructure for them to run their businesses
I hope u got d number of killings that has gone wide in ben state between this our discussion ? every time a cow roams here in d state , it is fine after arrest.this has not been going well with d cow owners thus bringing this killings as a revenge measure.only wisdom and power would stern this and d power from above must wade in now else every tiv man in d north would keep suffering for it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deola Smart Welcomes First Child With Malivelihood (Photo) / Al-barnawi Is Son Of Mohammed Yusuf, Founder, Boko Haram Insider Claims / Where Is Channelstv's Seun Okinbaloye?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.