Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) (8011 Views)

MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far / 10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos / Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
@gforce5

Hi, have you travelled to Montenegro like you say you would?
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by Regex: 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
ferhyntorlah:
@gforce5

I did travel to the place, but I was at the sea side of the country, Budva. I was extremely limited by cash at hand, however I will return to the country at a later time.
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2023
HRprof:
OP I travel with low budget less than what you mentioned. I have been to Europe with 500k including flight tickets .
Visa fee is not upto 150k you mentioned if done DIY. {Agent dey use una open office)
Do you know what is called TRAVEL HACK ? I use the formula to travel with very low budget.
If you book early flight to Europe you can get 350k return tickets.
Visa fee to Europe is not up to 80k
You can get free accommodation or cheap hostel and Food is very cheap eat from local wink
I will be heading to 3 different countries in the few months from now and I will document my trip and create a thread to teach how to travel with low budget. 😎😎

I look forward to reading your travel budget hacks and your travel adventures.

Please do tag me when you open the thread.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
Regex:

I did travel to the place, but I was at the sea side of the country, Budva. I was extremely limited by cash at hand, however I will return to the country at a later time.

Good. So how was the experience?
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by Regex: 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Good. So how was the experience?

It is a very cheap country to visit. They don't speak English but Montenegrin. They're very homely and welcoming. I was just the only black in the street I stayed in. They're not racist at all.
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
Regex:

It is a very cheap country to visit. They don't speak English but Montenegrin. They're very homely and welcoming. I was just the only black in the street I stayed in. They're not racist at all.

I have read about their friendliness to black people.
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by gforce5: 10:40am On Mar 27, 2023
That's quite cheap and affordable. I was going by the figures I see on Embassy websites. I actually don't need a visa to travel to Europe as I have a second passport. Been a dual national since 2014. Nevertheless, I will look into travel hack and pass it over to my clients.
HRprof:
OP I travel with low budget less than what you mentioned. I have been to Europe with 500k including flight tickets .
Visa fee is not upto 150k you mentioned if done DIY. {Agent dey use una open office)
Do you know what is called TRAVEL HACK ? I use the formula to travel with very low budget.
You can get free accommodation or cheap hostel and Food is very cheap eat from local wink
I will be heading to 3 different countries in the few months from now and I will document my trip and create a thread to teach how to travel with low budget. 😎😎
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by gforce5: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2023
Hi, no i haven't really. My schedule as a lawyer doesn't allow me time for that. It would have to be when I'm doing a tour of Europe.
ferhyntorlah:
@gforce5

Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2023
gforce5:
Hi, no i haven't really. My schedule as a lawyer doesn't allow me time for that. It would have to be when I'm doing a tour of Europe.

Okay sir. Looking forward to reading your adventure.

1 Like

Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by HRprof: 12:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
gforce5:
That's quite cheap and affordable. I was going by the figures I see on Embassy websites. I actually don't need a visa to travel to Europe as I have a second passport. Been a dual national since 2014. Nevertheless, I will look into travel hack and pass it over to my clients.
I never knew you are an agent wink
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by wavz: 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
gforce5:
I referenced other African countries as that money can go a long way in those countries. The only downside is that their passports are useless internationally (with the exception of Botswana, South Africa and Namibia).

I always recommend Brazil to clients/strangers but the problem is the distance (no direct flights) ease of acquiring a Brazilian visa and costs (the most economically viable region in Brazil is in the south and its living expenses aren't cheap).

Are you saying Brazil visa is easy to get, But
problem is going there = distance?

another problem is life is NOT cheap? The south is viable but expensive.

The other parts are not really viable?
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by Chigorkizz(m): 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
HRprof:
Tell us more.
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by dealhunter(m): 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
gforce5:
I have been seeing threads in the travel section about the cost of japaing. You have people throwing silly figures such as N2 million, N2.5million or even N1.5 million. These people are not serious about migrating. That amount was decent 10 years ago but not now.Let me tell you something, the cost of a holiday abroad alone (North America & Europe) right now is nothing less than N3 million. Flight tickets alone costs nothing less than N1.2 million depending on the airline. If you don't have a second passport, then you need a visa to travel to all of these destinations. The average cost of visas is usually about N150K. You will need a transit visa if you are not flying direct. That's close to N500k for two different visas. How about accommodation? If you are traveling to a country where you don't know anyone, you have to set aside at least N1 million depending on the duration of your stay. What about daily living expenses such as food, cloths, transport and goods? All that will set you back another N1million.

All I have mentioned above is just for tourism. If you want to japa, you have to come up with double the amount if you don't want to be stranded abroad. Even migrating to countries in Central and South America costs money. If you don't have up to N8million in your account please forget about Japaing to the west. The only places you can immigrate to are other African countries such as Ivory Coast, Senegal, Kenya and Rwanda. Even Ghana is no longer affordable for Nigerians. It's better to invest that small sum on a side hustle that will generate bigger income. When the time comes, you can buy a second passport via citizenship by investment like the 1% are doing and travel abroad at your own convenience. My two cents.
it's someone like you that normally discourage people...
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by gforce5: 10:51am On Apr 03, 2023
I would never discourage anyone from immigrating abroad. I'm a product of Japa. The reason I became an immigration lawyer is to encourage people who desire to migrate abroad. My advice to people is that if you want to japa, do it with sense. Do it legally, Ensure that you have enough money to fund your trip. Immigrating now is not the same as it was 20 or even 15 years ago. Things have changed. Many countries are tightening their borders.
dealhunter:
it's someone like you that normally discourage people...

3 Likes

Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by dealhunter(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
gforce5:
I would never discourage anyone from immigrating abroad. I'm a product of Japa. The reason I became an immigration lawyer is to encourage people who desire to migrate abroad. My advice to people is that if you want to japa, do it with sense. Do it legally, Ensure that you have enough money to fund your trip. Immigrating now is not the same as it was 20 or even 15 years ago. Things have changed. Many countries are tightening their borders.
you don't need to have 8m in ur account before you can travel out if God says it's ur time,stop discourage people,like 3 people that got France visa recently did not even have up to 3m in their account and France grant their Visa application, Lagos to France as at yesterday was 750k..aside 750k ticket,naa wetin you won use money do in France before you settle down again?.... .ur family tie in Nigeria,age, income and how you package ur Visa application Is what's important to consular,for get how much you have in ur account,once d money in ur account can pay for d flight ticket,hotel,and some other little spending there,and with prayer,they can grant ur Visa.....a lady on this site gave a testimony last 2 wks that she got Canada Visa with 2.5m in her account....and they denied people with 10m in Thier account......my friend that just relocated to UK with his wife and a child did not have up to that amount in Thier account...

2 Likes

Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by ScalesDemy: 1:27pm On May 15, 2023
wavz:

Are you saying Brazil visa is easy to get, But
problem is going there = distance?

another problem is life is NOT cheap? The south is viable but expensive.

The other parts are not really viable?

If you can afford to live in highbrow areas in Southern Brazil, yo can likely live in almost any city across the world.
Cities like Sao Paulo, Rio De Janeiro, Florianopolis, Porto Alegre, Vitoria and a few others.
There are cheaper options if you head North and more black people.
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by Udobigj(m): 5:57pm On May 18, 2023
:32pm
Good day all, pls i want to know next decision to take, i applied for canada visa the second time, been waiting for response since i wont be going for biometrics again, today i hot a msg that i went against their rules,, i was told that i owe $230 from the first application i did, i seriously dont know how it happened, but my agent said the prevous again i used revoked his debit card after my biometrics he also said if i pay i may still not get the visa or may get or may even get 5years ban... I jist need an advice
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
HRprof:

Please how do I contact you
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by YoshihideSuga: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2023
gforce5:
I have been seeing threads in the travel section about the cost of japaing. You have people throwing silly figures such as N2 million, N2.5million or even N1.5 million. These people are not serious about migrating. That amount was decent 10 years ago but not now.Let me tell you something, the cost of a holiday abroad alone (North America & Europe) right now is nothing less than N3 million. Flight tickets alone costs nothing less than N1.2 million depending on the airline. If you don't have a second passport, then you need a visa to travel to all of these destinations. The average cost of visas is usually about N150K. You will need a transit visa if you are not flying direct. That's close to N500k for two different visas. How about accommodation? If you are traveling to a country where you don't know anyone, you have to set aside at least N1 million depending on the duration of your stay. What about daily living expenses such as food, cloths, transport and goods? All that will set you back another N1million.

travel abroad at your own convenience. My two cents.

Tor! So those Instagram bloggers that promote travel nko? So, Nigerians no dey travel for tourism like that? shocked
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by gforce5: 10:20am On Nov 27, 2023
You believe Instagram bloggers lol. Anything goes on social media. Nigerians travel for tourism but the numbers are down compared to 5 years ago. How many people out of over 200 million Nigerians can afford a flight ticket of N1million, visa of at least N70k and other expenses? Only the upper middle class and the rich can afford it.
YoshihideSuga:

Tor! So those Instagram bloggers that promote travel nko? So, Nigerians no dey travel for tourism like that? shocked
Re: Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
ALL THESE WAS BEFORE THE ADVENT OF BALABLUE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Exchange Rates!!! / Nigerian Passport Renewal In The UK / White Woman In Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.