Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? (8197 Views)

Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? / Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by LandMann: 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
ThugCheetah:
You think you can be indicted for drug dealing and then after 10years you will suddenly be eligible for presidency? You must be mental cheesy

I saw this section of the law posted initially and I never saw the (e) part neither did they say anything about 10yrs because I thought there might be a time range, but there wasn't. Suddenly, it came out of nowhere and it wasn't even well placed cheesy

Stop displaying your stupidity around the forum. Go and buy a copy of the Nigerian constitution or search online for it and read... Check the link under source in my main post on the first page before the comments or read here:

https://jurist.ng/constitution/sec-137

2 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by idealogical: 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
ThugCheetah:
Oga that [b](e) you quoted is fake. It is not in the Constitution [/b]and as you can see in this case..it's not a condition for disqualified like (a) (b) (c) and (d). The law says nothing about 10years.

It's really self-defeating to be having conversations with uneducated people who can not read, can not comprehend, or are just incapable of learning. You, people, live in your own alternate reality.

3 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by WantsandMore: 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
So Ibori can wait 10 years to contest too? cheesy
Abeg, ex-con na ex-con.
We DON'T want them!
Period.
Obj was ex con with presidential pardon & e dey support PO. Friends of same feather dey say do what again?
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
WantsandMore:

Obj was ex con with presidential pardon & e dey support PO. Friends of same feather dey say do what again?

That was those days.
This new generation says NO!
You can’t force OLD EX-CONS on them.
They have REJECTED THEM, now they have resorted to stealing MANDATES.

Once a criminal, ALWAYS A CRIMINAL! grin

The reason Nigerians MUST NOT VOTE FOR EX-CONS! They can’t be rehabilitated in Nigeria or AFRICA!

Period!

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Novarisammy2: 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:
This is an excerpt from Nigeria's constitution:

137. (1) A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if -

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, he has made a declaration of allegiance to such other country; or

(b) he has been elected to such office at any two previous elections; or

(c) under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind;

or

(d) he is under a sentence of death imposed by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for any offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or for any other offence, imposed on him by any court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal; or

(e) within a period of less than ten years before the date of the election to the office of President he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of the contravention of the Code of Conduct;

Source

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

Based on bolded above I believe supreme court or tribunal will discard one of Peter Obi's and Labour fParty's prayers relating to this issue of Tinubu being indicted or convicted in the past because it happened over 20 years ago whereas the constitution sets a 10 years limit

why did you no embolden the D part of what you posted?

since urchins said he was never convicted, then the E part will not be necessary. But how about the D part that talked fine for offence involving fraud and dishonesty?
The question then becomes, was tinubu ever fined and why was the fine imposed
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by WantsandMore: 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

That was those days.

The reason Nigerians MUST NOT VOTE FOR EX-CONS! They can’t be rehabilitated in Nigeria or AFRICA!

Period!
but they can be friends with ex cons & even enjoy endorsement from ex cons without issues yeah?
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by MadamExcellency: 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

137. (1) A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if -

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, he has made a declaration of allegiance to such other country; or

(c) under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind;

or

(d) he is under a sentence of death imposed by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for any offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or for any other offence, imposed on him by any court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal; or

(e) within a period of less than ten years before the date of the election to the office of President he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of the contravention of the Code of Conduct;

Source

Based on bolded above I believe supreme court or tribunal will discard one of Peter Obi's and Labour Party's prayers relating to this issue of Tinubu being indicted or convicted in the past because it happened over 20 years ago whereas the constitution sets a 10 years limit

You can't even read what you highlighted or you have problem with comprehension.

The bolded was only referring to a crime adjudicated by the CCT (code of conduct tribunal.

Every other paragraph/clause from your extract is a condition on its own by the reason of the logical operative word "OR'
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by idealogical: 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
Novarisammy2:

since urchins said he was never convicted, then the E part will not be necessary. But how about the D part that talked fine for offence involving fraud and dishonesty?

Unfortunately for you, he was never fined for anything, another sign that many of you did not read or comprehend the court document.

The case was not a trial, not even a criminal trial, it was a mare court proceeding asking the judge for permission to take suspected frug money deposited by his client, the judge granted permission, and they took the money, but did not touch Tinubu's money.

For you to offer any comment regarding this issue, you first must understand the nature of the issue, it was a simple court proceeding, not a trial where people are put on trial, indicted and convicted.

This whole Obi rubbish is dead on arrival and the main supporter and witness against Obi's rubbish is the US government.

Obi is in for serious embarrassment like many before him.

4 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by hrykanu231(m): 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

or

Source

Based on bolded above I believe supreme court or tribunal will discard one of Peter Obi's and Labour Party's prayers relating to this issue of Tinubu being indicted or convicted in the past because it happened over 20 years ago whereas the constitution sets a 10 years limit

For me, I want to know if BAT committed the said crime or not. If it has to be within a 10yrs range or not, that is secondary.
Festus and others said he was not involved in Narco, let us see it through the courts
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by hardbody: 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

or

Source

Assuming but not conceding that you are right, this will be just one out of many of the explanations your rogue will have to contend with. Just drink water and keep calm or join the Tinubu team and provide them with this defence line.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by KanwuliaExtra: 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
WantsandMore:
but they can be friends with ex cons & even enjoy endorsement from ex cons without issues yeah?

Who are they? undecided
If they are free citizens, they can mingle as they wish, BUT WE DO NOT WANT THEM HOLDING OFFICES.

Simple.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by confirmIt: 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
na copy i copy am ooooooooooo

I am a driver in Abuja, Nigeria, and today I was toiling as usual when I picked up a passenger at the Transcom Hilton Hotel in Abuja, Nigeria.

So we start to get the gist of the latest e-hailing app in Abuja that is better than Bolt.

So we heard this argument for 30 minutes before he went to his destination.

Then he finally introduced me to an app called GABDRIVER, and I told him my phone was filled with different apps, but I would try and uninstall one or two to enable me to install it successfully.

After I drop him off at his location, I relax and download the app called Gabdriver. After its installation, I register.

So after that, I was asked to visit their office in Maitama to activate my account.

which prompted me to rush to their office at 31 Pope John Paul Street, Maitama, Abuja.

my fellow drivers The registration process was quick and easy.

to cut the story short My Guy, when I visit their office, which is very big and beautoful of beautiful flowers and gorgeous IT guys , they treat me as if I want to come and give them 10 million dollars.

Finally, I activated my account and am ready to work.

Omo, their service is the best and is much faster and more reliable than Bolt's. I recommend all drivers register with them.

If I hadn't tried it, I would have said "no lie," but now I am certain that GABDRIVER is the best.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Novarisammy2: 5:32pm On Mar 24, 2023
idealogical:

Unfortunately for you, he was never fined for anything, another sign that many of you did not read or comprehend the court document.

The case was not a trial, not even a criminal trial, it was a mare court proceeding asking the judge for permission to take suspected frug money deposited by his client, the judge granted permission, and they took the money, but did not touch Tinubu's money.

For you to offer any comment regarding this issue, you first must understand the nature of the issue, it was a simple court proceeding, not a trial where people are put on trial, indicted and convicted.

This whole Obi rubbish is dead on arrival and the main supporter and witness against Obi's rubbish is the US government.

Obi is in for serious embarrassment like many before him.

so the court can just make such approval on an innocent person

so the court can take such hefty decision without genuine facts?

you mean tinubu had to watch as the court took his money, money he genuinely earned?

ur sense of reasoning is astonishing
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by WantsandMore: 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Who are they? undecided
If they are free citizens, they can mingle as they wish, BUT WE DO NOT WANT THEM HOLDING OFFICES.

Simple.
obj endorsing PO doesn't bother you?
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by confirmIt: 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2023
I am a driver in Abuja, Nigeria, and today I was toiling as usual when I picked up a passenger at the Transcom Hilton Hotel in Abuja, Nigeria.

So we start to get the gist of the latest e-hailing app in Abuja that is better than Bolt.

So we heard this argument for 30 minutes before he went to his destination.

Then he finally introduced me to an app called GABDRIVER, and I told him my phone was filled with different apps, but I would try and uninstall one or two to enable me to install it successfully.

After I drop him off at his location, I relax and download the app called Gabdriver. After its installation, I register.

So after that, I was asked to visit their office in Maitama to activate my account.

which prompted me to rush to their office at 31 Pope John Paul Street, Maitama, Abuja.

my fellow drivers The registration process was quick and easy.

to cut the story short My Guy, when I visit their office, which is very big and beautoful of beautiful flowers and gorgeous IT guys , they treat me as if I want to come and give them 10 million dollars.

Finally, I activated my account and am ready to work.

Omo, their service is the best and is much faster and more reliable than Bolt's. I recommend all drivers register with them.

If I hadn't tried it, I would have said "no lie," but now I am certain that GABDRIVER is the best.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by KanwuliaExtra: 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2023
WantsandMore:
obj endorsing PO doesn't bother you?

Not at all.
OBI is my main focus.
I have no control over who chooses to enforce him. OBJ is not running for presidency.

Endorsements will always be made.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by omonnakoda: 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
Novarisammy2:

Very good questions which Obi will have to answer in court
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Tflex01: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
Validated:

Simple fact is that Tinubu was NEVER qualified to govern Lagos based what you pointed out above. So, he violated a bigger constitutional provision which permanently disqualifies him from holding public office in Nigeria. You people no sabi law and consequences of violating laws. Once it proven that he was a druglord, which he was, his Senatorial and governorship offices become null and VOID ab initio. Just like Ben Johnson was stripped of his Olympic gold medal, Tinubu would lose his senatorial and his Excellency appellation. Only a pardon would save him from jail.
Peter Obi's case on Tinubu drug matters goes beyond February 25 Presidential elections.

Keep dreaming. grin

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Freebills12: 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
LandMann:

Subsection d is talking about someone who is currently UNDER OR SERVING A SENTENCE.

It says if that person is UNDER a sentence then the person can't contest...

Subsection e talks about the past... Offences committed in the past can lead to disqualification if that offence lead to a conviction and it is within 10 years ago from the date of election.

The case Peter Obi referenced happened in the past. Tinubu is not currently UNDER any sentence.

Comprehension is simple but many people choose to just turn a blind eye... that's why many people fail English language exams and that is why some developed European countries require Nigerians to write English language exams and pass it with good score before coming to their country so that they don't start constituting nuisance due to lack of comprehension of simple English

Are you that swallow, Obi wants to unmask Tinibu. Don't you get it that the new elected president of Nigeria is a drug dealer that is what he wants the whole world to know. This case can't be thrashed without being adjudicated upon because Tinibu's lawyers will gladly want to prove that he is not a drug dealer thereby opening the case for deliberation. If he is found guilty he will be disqualified, because he is under sentence.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Mynd44: 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

Seun and Mynd44 please investigate if the claim of this user is true. Read the constitution yourselves. If the claim of this user is true, ban my account for 10 years. If the above quoted claims of the user is false, then ban the user for 10 years. ThugCheetah do you accept this?

Done

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by buharitill2023: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

Let me use the term indictment... Tinubu was indicted... He was never sentenced nor convicted... His indictment led to him forfeiting $460,000 out of $1.4 million.... I interpret the indictment as being found guilty...

It's just like a fraudster or yahoo boy paying N460,000 into your account meanwhile you already have N940,000 from salary and other sources in the account before this payment of 460k... Bringing the total to N1,400,000.

Then EFCC obtain court order to freeze your account. You then sue EFCC and after a while, you and EFCC reach agreement that you'll forfeit the 460k while they leave the rest... That's Tinubu's case in summary...

Was he indicted? Yes.
Was he found guilty? Yes, based on perception or interpretation.
Was he convicted? No.
you said
. I interpret the indictment as being found guilty...

You still confused yourself that he was found guilty from your last paragraph
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by jumobi1(m): 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

That was those days.

Period!

It’s not by new generation bro. The law is the law.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by jumobi1(m): 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Are you that swallow, Obi wants to unmask Tinibu. Don't you get it that the new elected president of Nigeria is a drug dealer that is what he wants the whole world to know. This case can't be thrashed without being adjudicated upon because Tinibu's lawyers will gladly want to prove that he is not a drug dealer thereby opening the case for deliberation. If he is found guilty he will be disqualified, because he is under sentence.

He can’t be tried for it unless you have new evidence.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by KanwuliaExtra: 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2023
jumobi1:

It’s not by new generation bro. The law is the law.

The law for criminals. . . .
That is your own law abeg.
I have my own law books I am reading from.
Shior!
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by DMerciful(m): 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2023
You're quoting e when infact the hammer is subsection d.
LandMann:

or

Source

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by idealogical: 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
Novarisammy2:

so the court can just make such approval on an innocent person

so the court can take such hefty decision without genuine facts?

you mean tinubu had to watch as the court took his money, money he genuinely earned?

ur sense of reasoning is astonishing

To start with, you can't make an informed decision or conclusion with poor understating of the case.

The money in question was not Tinubu's money. It was suspected drug money deposited by his business clients into Tinubu's Compass financial services business account.

The government approached a judge to give them permission to take the money, the judge did and they took the money, but they did not touch Tinubu's money, over $900,000 was left untouched.

There's a reason why there was no arrest, trial, indictment or conviction, it's because it was not a criminal trial, it was a simple court proceedings where the government went before a judge to obtain permission.

First understand the case and stop embarrassing yourself.

At the end of the day, the US will once again tell Obi and the court in Nigeria that they have zero evidence of any criminal record against Tinubu.

Seems you people are intentionally acting slow and clueless.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by shobusag: 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2023
Fool, it was said that tinubu didn't redeem the fine, that's y he is still being convicted
LandMann:

or

Source

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by DMerciful(m): 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
Let them tender the letter from the embassy in court. Tinubu is a goner, you can't forfeit such a large amount that he couldn't have gotten from his salary for nothing substantial
Eniitankorede:

First of all, Tinubu was not sentenced for fraud or fined for fraud. The letter from the embassy is explicit on that. And that subsection you mentioned is in present tense when you look at the opening statement of the subsection. This means the person is currently under a fine a prison sentence. The next subsection then extends this to a period within the last ten years.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Ekpeitit(m): 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
Was Tinubu ever convicted by any court of law?
The answer is a big NO.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Pedrocross4568(m): 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2023
helinues:

Sebi you have read it, you tell us how Obi won the election with figures and how you people arrived at the figure

Don't mind the fool, talking like even if he read it a billion times, he will understand anything written there.

They just open their mouth and talk rubbish.3
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by DMerciful(m): 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
Section d for actions of dishonesty or fraud does not give a time limit. If it was proven that its drug related offences, he is a goner no matter how long because he held public office in 1999, also as a senator
LandMann:

Tinubu is not a convict but he's been found guilty of an offence that can be classified as fraudulent. That is why money in his accounts was confiscated. However, the offence happened over 20 years ago, far above the 10 years limit set by the constitution. Hence, Tinubu cannot be disqualified based on this issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What does "Sambo" mean in Hausa? Question for Hausa speakers / Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo / Boko Haram Desperately Seeking Relevance —buratai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.