Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? (8196 Views)

Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? / Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by idealogical: 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

Let me use the term indictment... Tinubu was indicted... He was never sentenced nor convicted... His indictment led to him forfeiting $460,000 out of $1.4 million.... I interpret the indictment as being found guilty...

It's just like a fraudster or yahoo boy paying N460,000 into your account meanwhile you already have N940,000 from salary and other sources in the account before this payment of 460k... Bringing the total to N1,400,000.

Then EFCC obtain court order to freeze your account. You then sue EFCC and after a while, you and EFCC reach agreement that you'll forfeit the 460k while they leave the rest... That's Tinubu's case in summary...

Was he indicted? Yes.
Was he found guilty? Yes, based on perception or interpretation.
Was he convicted? No.

Stop lying, he was never convicted and the case was not a trial. No charges of any wrong doing, no arrest, no indictment and no conviction. Tinubu was not even in Court .
Can you show us any proof that he was indicted, no, you are just lying.

First read and understand what the issue was about instead of lying to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by orisa37: 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
[quote author=KanwuliaExtra post=122028996]So Ibori can wait 10 years to contest too? cheesy
Abeg, ex-con na ex-con.
We DON'T want them!
Period.[/quote

IBORI NA HELELE.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by KanwuliaExtra: 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
orisa37:

IBORI NA HELELE

I don hear. . .
I nor dey for 'my criminal is bigger than yours'.
All I want is for all these corrupt goooons to gatttat,
Shikena.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by DMerciful(m): 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
He just paid 460k which in today's money is millions for fun
idealogical:

And not only that, Asiwaju was never charged with anything, he was not on trial, he was not convicted and was never indicted, but, hey, let them continue with their fabricated drama, I'm enjoying it. grin

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by lotkyes200: 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2023
helinues:
The same case Obi is filing petition on was challenged before the election which the case was dismissed.

I thought Obi claimed his manhood sorry his mandate was stolen, why would Obi omit the petition about how he won the election and how he arrived at the figures.

Those going to court have already been beaten at the poll, they would be disgraced finally at the court

The petition is 100 page oo everything is inside it check page 64 of the petition
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Bigshots001(m): 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:
This is an excerpt from Nigeria's constitution:

137. (1) A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if -

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, he has made a declaration of allegiance to such other country; or

(b) he has been elected to such office at any two previous elections; or

(c) under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind;

or

(d) he is under a sentence of death imposed by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for any offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or for any other offence, imposed on him by any court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal; or

(e) within a period of less than ten years before the date of the election to the office of President he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of the contravention of the Code of Conduct;

Source

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

Based on bolded above I believe supreme court or tribunal will discard one of Peter Obi's and Labour Party's prayers relating to this issue of Tinubu being indicted or convicted in the past because it happened over 20 years ago whereas the constitution sets a 10 years limit

Please,wait for the interpretation of the above section of the constitution by the learned counsels and the supreme court.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Toks2008(m): 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

137. (1) A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if -

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, he has made a declaration of allegiance to such other country; or

(c) under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind;

or

(d) he is under a sentence of death imposed by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for any offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or for any other offence, imposed on him by any court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal; or

(e) within a period of less than ten years before the date of the election to the office of President he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of the contravention of the Code of Conduct;

Source

Based on bolded above I believe supreme court or tribunal will discard one of Peter Obi's and Labour Party's prayers relating to this issue of Tinubu being indicted or convicted in the past because it happened over 20 years ago whereas the constitution sets a 10 years limit

Read D Again

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by orisa37: 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
TOO MANY IN DELTA STATE AND THEIR NEWS MEDIA.
THEY SHOULD ALL GO TO JAIL.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by orisa37: 8:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
WHILE IN EUROPE TINUBU SHOULD BRING BACK KEMI ADEOSUN FOR CBN AND FOR GENDER AFFIRMATION. SHE WAS UNJUSTLY VICTIMIZED. SHE IS A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT VERY SUITABLE FOR FINANCE BANKING AND ACCOUNTING.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by hardbody: 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

Subsection d is talking about someone who is currently UNDER OR SERVING A SENTENCE.

It says if that person is UNDER a sentence then the person can't contest...

Subsection e talks about the past... Offences committed in the past can lead to disqualification if that offence lead to a conviction and it is within 10 years ago from the date of election.

The case Peter Obi referenced happened in the past. Tinubu is not currently UNDER any sentence.

Comprehension is simple but many people choose to just turn a blind eye... that's why many people fail English language exams and that is why some developed European countries require Nigerians to write English language exams and pass it with good score before coming to their country so that they don't start constituting nuisance due to lack of comprehension of simple English

What I struggle to understand is why you people have chosen to commence your defense on Nairaland when you all can send your papers to the APC legal team or better still join the team in court. If you guys were this good, why were you not selected as part of the defense team considering you know better than the learned men on that team.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Freebills12: 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
jumobi1:

He can’t be tried for it unless you have new evidence.

You think Obi is stupid! What is essence of presenting CTC of Tinibu's drug pushing case. By presenting it a document, a witness to that document is needed meaning US government will send one of theirs to testify. I don't want to envisage Nigerian's image/reputation in the outside world after such case.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by favor914: 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
So Ibori can wait 10 years to contest too? cheesy
Abeg, ex-con na ex-con.
We DON'T want them!
Period.
What of Orji Kalu & Nnamdi Kanu?
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by WantsandMore: 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Not at all.
OBI is my main focus.
I have no control over who chooses to enforce him. OBJ is not running for presidency.

Endorsements will always be made.
Interesting...but lp fans vilify anyone who endorses the other candidates, why? Doesn't the other candidates deserves as much support as Obi does?
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by favor914: 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

You think Obi is stupid! What is essence of presenting CTC of Tinibu's drug pushing case. By presenting it a document, a witness to that document is needed meaning US government will send one of theirs to testify. I don't want to envisage Nigerian's image/reputation in the outside world after such case.
Yes, he is Very Very Stupid, & You also did not make any iota of sense whatsoever.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Freebills12: 10:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
favor914:
Yes, he is Very Very Stupid, & You also did not make any iota of sense whatsoever.

My point is that Tinibu will be disqualified because of his drug pushing and conviction.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by soojar(m): 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
positivelord:

Peter Obi`s legal team are very much aware. But the reason for including Tinubu US drug case is to cause maximum international embarrassment to the mandate-thief.

The joker is Tinubu submitting his VP`s name first to the INEC before sherrif withdraw from the senatorial race. The later should have come first and Obi have attached evidence from INEC to his appeal. It is a clear case constitutional breach. No technicalities required here.

By the way Peter Obi only accept citizenship from a state in the US and not from US.

This is the only plausible analysis of Obi's case I've seen so far from most emergency lawyers online.

But whichever way, they will always find way around it. There is no tribunal that has the 'liver' to order the conduct of another general election because the VP didn't pull out his other nomination on time.

We learn everyday.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by KanwuliaExtra: 11:07pm On Mar 24, 2023
WantsandMore:
Interesting...but lp fans vilify anyone who endorses the other candidates, why? Doesn't the other candidates deserves as much support as Obi does?

Then address them individually or collectively. I am not their PRO.✅
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by surgical: 11:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
omonnakoda:

Regardless of whether it is under 10 years it is a preelection matter th t should have been raised before the election
This allegation is for more than dishonesty
Does 10 years apply to conviction for murder rf treason?Is
An interesting argument would be whether any of the above applies to sentences in courts outside Nigeria
qualification is both pre and post election mater, if you are unable to raise it pre election, you can do so at the election petition tribunal
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by WantsandMore: 11:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Then address them individually or collectively. I am not their PRO.✅
lol
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by jumobi1(m): 12:50am On Mar 25, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Okay Nwanne.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Gbogbowa: 1:02am On Mar 25, 2023
LandMann:

or

Source

that is for a crime comitted in Nigeria,
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by OgaTheTop2: 1:42am On Mar 25, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
So Ibori can wait 10 years to contest too? cheesy
Abeg, ex-con na ex-con.
We DON'T want them!
Period.
You dey mind urchins... Dem no get sense jare.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Orisha17: 2:54am On Mar 25, 2023
HeavenCSO:
I don't even know anything about the constitutions because all of them there have their constitutions, but would never let mine stand!
Agree with you
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by wildernessVoice: 3:11am On Mar 25, 2023
The issue is morality.
BAT is morally disqualify as a drug lord and commander in chief of Lagos Agberos. Before the election, he held a meeting with his agberos instructing them to grab ballot boxes.
Also sub section C, disqualified BAT . His public speech shows he's mentally unstable to hold the office he vied for.

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by idealogical: 3:21am On Mar 25, 2023
DMerciful:
He just paid 460k which in today's money is millions for fun

He did not pay anything and the money was not his money.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by DoTheNeedful: 3:26am On Mar 25, 2023
MRSALT:
Subsection d. is where Peter Obi's lawyers are standing upon, not subsection e. Look at the later paragraph of subsection d. again
...or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for any offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or for any other offence, imposed on him by any court or tribunal.

Why did you quote only a part of the sub-section. I copied the full subsection below, and I can confidently say that BAT has no case to answer. Kindly check the bolded phrase. The sub-section would disqualify a candidate if only he is under a sentence. Let's now assume that BAT was indeed convicted and sentence in 1993, he is no longer under the sentence. He would have served his punishment. Hence, he can't be disqualified.

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by DoTheNeedful: 3:33am On Mar 25, 2023
Toks2008:

Read D Again

Novarisammy2:

why did you no embolden the D part of what you posted?

since urchins said he was never convicted, then the E part will not be necessary. But how about the D part that talked fine for offence involving fraud and dishonesty?
The question then becomes, was tinubu ever fined and why was the fine imposed

DMerciful:
Section d for actions of dishonesty or fraud does not give a time limit. If it was proven that its drug related offences, he is a goner no matter how long because he held public office in 1999, also as a senator

MadamExcellency:

You can't even read what you highlighted or you have problem with comprehension.

The bolded was only referring to a crime adjudicated by the CCT (code of conduct tribunal.

Every other paragraph/clause from your extract is a condition on its own by the reason of the logical operative word "OR'

I copied the full subsection below, and I can confidently say that BAT has no case to answer. Kindly check the bolded phrase. The sub-section would disqualify a candidate if only he is under a sentence. Let's now assume that BAT was indeed convicted and sentenced in 1993, he is no longer under the sentence. He would have served his punishment. Hence, he can't be disqualified.

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Yayi229: 3:33am On Mar 25, 2023
LandMann:

or

Source

Dude, 137 (1) (d) is what's relevant to them, not what you quoted. Stop lying to yourselfgrin
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by DoTheNeedful: 3:35am On Mar 25, 2023
Yayi229:

Dude, 137 (1) (d) is what's relevant to them, not what you quoted. Stop lying to yourselfgrin

I copied the full subsection below, and I can confidently say that BAT has no case to answer. Kindly check the bolded phrase. The sub-section would disqualify a candidate if only he is under a sentence. Let's now assume that BAT was indeed convicted and sentenced in 1993, he is no longer under the sentence. He would have served his punishment. Hence, he can't be disqualified.

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by idealogical: 5:03am On Mar 25, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099]

He is stupid of course, for even thinking the US government has nothing better to do.

The US go just sent you the same letter to shut up..

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Yayi229: 5:04am On Mar 25, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

You're not making sense, but then you're obviously a zombie

A zombie has no mind of its own - 'Black Maria' by Louis Omotayo Johnson (Spectrum Books, 1981)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities / Northern Governors Support State Of Emergency Rule In 3 States / I Am IGBO But Nnamdi Kanu Is WRONG About The Biafra Map!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.