Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,412 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? (15699 Views)

NFF Confirms Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles Head Coach, Finidi As Assistant / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / BBNaija's Erica Vs Siasia Super Eagles: Is The Labour Of Our Heroes Now In Vain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by robosky02(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
bunmioguns:
Let's be honest, I was really impressed with the way we played yesterday

If only the coach could advice Chukwueze not to always be selfish with the ball

Osimhen wasn't getting neccesary assist from him

A tactical coach would have know what changes to make

But Paseiro was zero

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by Southwestidiot: 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2023
Una get promise land?
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by wunmi590(m): 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
robosky02:

Exactly

If you put Amunike achievement side by side with Jose Paseiro. You'll see that Pasiero is a complete quark

Amunike has won under 17 world cup, took Tanzania to AFCON, even coached in Egypt also recognized by FIFA as one of the best technical personnel in the world

But pesairo. Is CV is full of sack upon sack and yet somebody still brought him to us

The trend all over the world is for ex internationals to take over there national team

Why can't we do that

Brotherly your point are well valid....

Believe me when I tell you these people are using the whole foreign coach to cash out big time...

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by dododawa1: 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2023
We too like FOREIGN things
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by omonnakoda: 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
robosky02:

Am really annoyed what's amaju brought upon us

Super Eagles coach used to be hot cake were world class coaches apply and lobby for, but this one was imposed on us like inec is doing now.

What is his pedigree?

What result does he have?

What input have we seen in 7 games?

Just like the super falcons coach.... Randy Waldrop....

Taking our super falcons job on part time bases .....kai how low have we stoop down.
Worse off Waldrop have been loosing matches for fun. When we have our ex internationals who are even doing better abroad and known the garden better
What is a world class coach? There's nothing like that
Where is the coach that will make Togo win World Cup?
As long as we maintain this mentality of only fielding players in Europe we won't make progress
We don't need foreign coaches
In fact FIFA should ban it
Your coach is a reflection of your level. If FIFA. bans it In 20 years swill see the benefit
The last time w won anything Keshi was the coach and he used home based players aged
I remremember the team that beat Drogba,Toure and all those Europe stars

All this emphasis on only Europe based players has killed our games
Our 1994 team was ranked 6 in the world. Our highest ever with players playing at home,Africa and Europe
The fact that GB beat us yesterday should tell us if is not by playing in Europe or Oyinbo coach
Amunike is good enough

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by robosky02(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
Sleekfingers:

The question should be , are the useless players committed to play for Nigeria? Bunch of useless players , who does not take wearing the green white seriously

Except for Victor osimen. Who plays brilliantly . The rest are totally useless ....

I can't blame the players much

Because they are good individually

But as a team no

That's were a good coach is needed to blend them into a formidable team
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by SilentBurner(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
As far as Buhari is the president, no sector will be functional.
You're personality proceeds your performance.
And Tinubu is warming up 😂😂😂
Them go relegate final 😂
robosky02:
Once again the super eagles of Nigeria just lost a match not to one of the super powers in Africa like Ghana, Egypt, Senegal or Cameroon but to a lowly ranked team like Guinea-Bissau.

To make matters worse the team has the complement of all the top stars who are currently painting Europe with world class performance.

Needless to say the super eagles recently sacked Genot Rohr and after a brief spell with Eguaveon. The NFF hurriedly brought in Jose Pesiro as the new gaffer

But the question that has been on my mind is can Jose pesiro take the super eagles to the promised land?

This is because Nigeria's current problem is not about having the players because I can say, aside from the Golden Generation the class of 1994 to 1996. The players now are arguably the best Nigeria has ever had. But the problem is we need a good technically sound coach to blend this super stars.

Under Pesaro Nigeria has had the following result

Nigeria. 1. - 2 Algeria

Nigeria. 1 - 2 Mexico

Nigeria. 0-1 Ecuador

Nigeria. 0 - 2. Costa Rica

Nigeria 0 - 4. Portugal

And they have managed only two win against a team even Enyimba will trash

Nigeria vs Sierra Leone (2-1) and

Nigeria vs. Sao Tome and Principe (10-0).

And today Guinea-Bissau. Who we demolished few months ago at the AFCON came here in our backyard... Abuja to claim a famous victory beating us Nigeria. 0 - 1. Guinea-Bissau

If we go back memory lane on Jose Pesaro career we can say he is better than an Amunike

Jose Peseiro has a poor record as manager of national teams.

He was in charge for 17 games as the manager of Saudi Arabia, winning seven, drawing six, and losing four. That’s a win percentage of 35%.

He also failed to qualify the Arab nation for the 2010 World Cup.

For Venezuela, it was worse. One win in 10 games with six losses and three draws.

He was in charge during their disastrous 2021 Copa America outing which had the team eliminated from the group stage after two draws and two defeats.

He resigned in August 2021 over the non-payment of his salaries for a year.

I sincerely believe Nigeria deserves a better coach both at the super eagles and the super falcons level. We have all the materials ,( players ) but what we need is a good coach

Source: Robosky02

Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by robosky02(m): 1:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
gaby:

Na thunder go fire Amaju Peakmilk Bighead.

Thieves.

He was the only pseueo-coach that could agree to their terms of splitting his salary with them.

Rogues in every sector of the country's life.

If not for the kickbacks they get

Why will pinnick sighn a coach for a long term knowing you are leaving office?
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by Sleekfingers: 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2023
robosky02:

I can't blame the players much

Because they are good individually

But as a team no

That's were a good coach is needed to blend them into a formidable team

You are right , though

But beaten by guinea bissau is a disgrace.
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by itsene: 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
Allow Nigerian coaches to compete amongst themselves to lead all our teams.
Then the quality of performance will steadily and upwardly improve. But before that we must endure 2 or 3 years of laying the foundation for a solid system.
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by Daviddoma(m): 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2023
robosky02:
Once again the super eagles of Nigeria just lost a match not to one of the super powers in Africa like Ghana, Egypt, Senegal or Cameroon but to a lowly ranked team like Guinea-Bissau.

To make matters worse the team has the complement of all the top stars who are currently painting Europe with world class performance.

Needless to say the super eagles recently sacked Genot Rohr and after a brief spell with Eguaveon. The NFF hurriedly brought in Jose Pesiro as the new gaffer

But the question that has been on my mind is can Jose pesiro take the super eagles to the promised land?

This is because Nigeria's current problem is not about having the players because I can say, aside from the Golden Generation the class of 1994 to 1996. The players now are arguably the best Nigeria has ever had. But the problem is we need a good technically sound coach to blend this super stars.

Nigeria. 1. - 2 Algeria

Nigeria. 1 - 2 Mexico

Nigeria. 0-1 Ecuador

Nigeria 0 - 4. Portugal

And today Guinea-Bissau. Who we demolished few months ago at the AFCON came here in our backyard... Abuja to claim a famous victory beating us Nigeria. 0 - 1. Guinea-Bissau

If we go back memory lane on Jose Pesaro career we can say he is better than an Amunike

He was in charge for 17 games as the manager of Saudi Arabia, winning seven, drawing six, and losing four. That’s a win percentage of 35%.

For Venezuela, it was worse. One win in 10 games with six losses and three draws.

He was in charge during their disastrous 2021 Copa America outing which had the team eliminated from the group stage after two draws and two defeats.

I sincerely believe Nigeria deserves a better coach both at the super eagles and the super falcons level. We have all the materials ,( players ) but what we need is a good coach

Yes he's that man for the job.just that our players are not playing as a team and we don't have good midfielder.

Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by Spiritualsdeeps: 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
Viltron:
Nigeria itself is a scam. The coach is a farmer pretending to be a coach
grin Farmer ? Any Proves ?
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by govto: 2:32pm On Mar 25, 2023
I think INEC can do something.......the boys are not happy with the way things are going with the country. How do you expect those boys whose votes did not count to qualify the failed country. Mark my word, Super Eagles will loose more of their matches....
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by philisto: 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
No
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by Subonbon(m): 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
I hear people saying it's the coach.... How is it the coach when this our political leaders would not allow them make thier decisions... Secondly our own coaches we are clamoring for how many of this self acclaimed stars will adhere to his instruction.... We are our own problem.... Before even the match started oshimen don start I am hungry for goal like say guinea Bissau come sell ofio grin... Nonsense and Buhari...
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by robosky02(m): 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2023
Under Peseiro, the Super Eagles have claimed two victories

over Sierra Leone and Sao Tome and Principe in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifying series.

But More alarming, though, is that the 2013 Afcon winners have lost six other matches to Mexico, Ecuador, Algeria, Costa Rica, Portugal.and now Guinea Bissau

Peseiro score card:

Matches played. = 8

Matches won. = 2

Matches drawn = 0

Matches Lost. = 6

So check the percentage of win to lose?

What is the input to the team ?

Those it look like he can do anything different?.... Capital NO

See people that have a plan once they are not measuring up they change tactics

See Bayern Munich just sacked their coach not as if he is not doing well.... But There is a standard they expect so they went for Thomas Tuchel

Nigeria with this caliber of players what is our dream?

Eg if it is to win the next AFCON

to be honest can this man with what he has done plus what is on his CV can he driver?.....

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by daveP(m): 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
Is this supposed to be a question?
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by namo77: 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
It was never right to sack Rohr… The man really helped put the super eagles back at the top…

The person that hired Posero should be sacked
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by seunayantokun(m): 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
They want the below-average Portuguese coach to perform magic in a system that is never programmed to work.
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by barinedan(m): 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2023
Please change that name to super chicken
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by ofuonyebi: 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2023
Dont worry when pesairo finishes Nigeria and collects all his dollar..
he go just tell us say ...omo 9ja i don fishish with una ...

say...oyinbo gbon sugbon 9ja go pupo
means say....oyinbo wise but 9ja people and their Leadership foolish too much

na land of finish nobi land of promise pisero dey dream for us,...ooo!!
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by Seunfretty: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
There are levels to coaching ...and there is a kind of Grading to it...some coaches has the Acumen to impose a style and they are so brilliant to the level where they have a peculiar style which they can teach ...me awhile in doing this ...they try so hard the team they are going to has the quality and players with characteristics that will favour there style

The Grade B coaches has a style and pattern of play too but they don't really teach football...in the abscence of that they try and impose their style on the team in the long run

The Grade C coach only work with what is on ground ..they don't really have the brilliance to work on players and get them better than they can ever hope to...they also stick to the basics...they are NT over ambitious and they maintain a level u can neither call poor or good. .

Pasero falls into the Grade C category ...he isn't really in that top level...imagine yesterday u ave your team NT just lucking to score but threatening...all was needed was patience then Boom...u threw away every form of patience and showed ur opponent ur last card even wen the match was still open...bringing in Onachu was something any top coach wouldn't have done at that time ..the all bissau had to do was put more men on them and nullify every Aeriel threat....playing African teams u need to more technicality than physicality..every African team is physical ....so u need many movements in attack that cant be stop...the combination of the attack isn't cliqing yet but u don't go for long balls against a team having many players on 6+ height

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by Munocutz: 5:43pm On Mar 25, 2023
I swear, he is obviously the only pot belly coach I've seen😂😂😂

habsydiamond:
Nigeria need to sack this pot belle coach.. he is no different from Chelsea Potter right now.
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by osquareone: 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
I was pleased that I never wasted my money to go Abuja to watch this super chicken.. There was no game plan in the team as everyone is just playing individually on the pitch. There was no clear pass from the mid fielder or wingers to the striker (Osimhen). As far as I am concern, the Coach of Bendel Insurance coach is far better than the white man NFF appointed as super chicken coach. All the technical crew should be sack with immediate effect.
I don't know why the coach is blaming the referee for his team's failure. Is it the referee that will score the goal for you? As far as I am concern, the referees did a fantastic job on the night. However, must we play our game in Abuja? Can we please relocate back to Uyo or Delta?
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by rickleye: 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
robosky02:

Nigeria. 1. - 2 Algeria

Nigeria. 1 - 2 Mexico

Nigeria. 0-1 Ecuador

Nigeria 0 - 4. Portugal

Based on what resume was the guy hired ?
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by brucelee29: 6:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
NO
He is a total failure from his CV. That's why was not not paid in his last job. This is totally the fault of the NFF. What on earth made them sack Gernot Rorh? His relationship with the players was okay. He would have definitely qualified Nigeria for the Qatar World cup.
They brought in a failure in Eguavoen who had failed earlier with the Super Eagles. Eguavoen had no club he was managing as at the time he was given the job. And even now he's jobless.

They left the experienced Laurent Blanc who had won the French league with PSG for the give me kick back for the Jose Peseiro.
They're getting what they showed. They'll not qualify for the nations cup with this coach. The best result he will get is draw in Guinea Bissau.
The NFF board should be investigated by the EFCC for scamming Nigeria
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by Evergreen12345(f): 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2023
Quest7777:
Country of only 2million beating a country of over 200million with full complement of all our stars. Very shameful.

&to make matters worse, we had over 60 minutes of playing time to score but failed woefully.
Abeg S/Eagles problem is beyond coach.

Nigeria had gone the day we allowed illiterates to take over flashback before Apc took over from PDP WE EXPECTED MORE buh immediately they came into power all sections died automatically including the SPORTS SECTOR. what a shame! you will see that STUPID COACH WILL NOT RESIGN

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by chinchum(m): 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
We had no reason sacking Gernot Rohr.. I was proven right when i stated after his sack that we wont be at world cup and achieve at best a quarter final showing at the African nations cup. Nigerians overrate their abilities and use less common sense. A typical Nigerian will sack a C performer to replace with E performer just to prove a needless point( we show this tendency in electing political leaders). I knew super eagles was not going to get a world class coach and Rohr was doing great to the best of his available resources( unpaid allowance, average quality of players, continuous pressure to test new players, poor logistics ahead a game e.t.c)

Talking technically, the super eagles does not play as a team yet and a lot of work is needed at the midfield. There is too much attrition in the team coupled with trial and error of any flash in the pan players.

We need to build a team that can be assured of 9 out of 11 starting line up day in day out. Without a team formed, we will have individual play to dazzle that will rarely provide result.
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by ahamonyeka(m): 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
To me that man does not look like a caoch,he only look like a wrestler. I dont blame him i only blame our clueless NFF who employed him just to get some certain percentage from his pay.
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by ahamonyeka(m): 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
He's specialist in losing games
Re: Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land? by judedwriter(m): 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
What's the role of a coach?

Is it to play for the players??

A coach is to motivate and instruct the players how to play.

If the players lack motivation and can't play according to instructions, then what's the role of coach then??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victor Moses Makes BBC Team Of The Week / Lionel Messi Handed Two-Game Ban For Supercopa Red Card / Pogba: Burglars Stole My World Cup Medal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.